Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:33:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Test your ability to send ripples or bitcoin.  (Read 1128 times)
ronnymil

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:51:48 PM

what is the exchange rate of ripple/bitcoin?
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
angelgeeks (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:53:08 PM

Wow! Mike...That's some pretty good art work. Not sure you'd find anything better on TV. Will definitely keep in mind for future.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:54:01 PM

what is the exchange rate of ripple/bitcoin?

Outrageous Grin  I remember someone buying 50k ripples for .5 BTC a while back, but I think that number's diminished.  Anyway, ripples don't do much as of yet, so I'm not sure why people want them.

ThemThereHills

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:55:41 PM

As for the other questions...yes I'm trying to put it into practice and trying to get my feet wet with respect to this as I do support the idea wholeheartedly.

That's actually a good idea. It's nothing for people, or you, to send a few cents to one another to gain a grasp of things. I will do the same.

I actually have a horror story about bitcoin and my informing a friend of the tremendous opportunity and getting screwed over by said "friend". I'm just trying to decided with sub-forum to post it on as I am sure it won't be in newbie jail.
angelgeeks (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:10:03 PM

OK...I'm thinking I somehow received my bitcoin address when I installed the bit mining software on my computer back on May 26th or 2012.
Because it was hogging up system resources and I wasn't getting coins I stopped using it and haven't been doing anything with it for some time. I just opened it up and I see an address there which I'm going to cross reference with number you sent the quarter to and see if it is the same.
angelgeeks (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:14:07 PM

Sorry RonnMill...I don't know just yet.
angelgeeks (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:17:37 PM

OK...Mike Christ...I think I figured out what is going on. I started up the bitcoin mining software on my other computer and it's taking a long time to load up but it did have the same bitcoin address there and the buttons on the top to send and receive. I noticed nothing had arrive yet but I'm not sure if that is because it is still loading the mining software or what. When it does show up I will surely put it up here. I'm just hoping I don't have to go anywhere else and this little mining client is all I need. I suspect I probably downloaded it directly from the original bitcoin website.
angelgeeks (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:20:01 PM

Hey un0mic...if you did want to send something like that you might want to send it in digital form as I wouldn't want to see you get into any trouble although in Michigan things are getting better for the midnight tokers.
angelgeeks (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:31:28 PM

OK...ThemThereHills....unfortunately...if you had tried sending me any xrp's I haven't received them yet.
Wasn't sure if you were talking generally or not just thought I'd let you know.

And Mike...I'm still waiting on the receipt of the quarter and will let you know as soon as I do.

When I opened up the bitmining software I saw the same address that you send it to and it wasn't showing anything yet.
It was hogging up the system resources and it's still trying to start the mining process I guess and stuck at around the 80% mark saying its's synchronizing with network. Hopefully things will get going here soon. In any case, I really appreciate your helping out.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:34:35 PM

OK...ThemThereHills....unfortunately...if you had tried sending me any xrp's I haven't received them yet.
Wasn't sure if you were talking generally or not just thought I'd let you know.

And Mike...I'm still waiting on the receipt of the quarter and will let you know as soon as I do.

When I opened up the bitmining software I saw the same address that you send it to and it wasn't showing anything yet.
It was hogging up the system resources and it's still trying to start the mining process I guess and stuck at around the 80% mark saying its's synchronizing with network. Hopefully things will get going here soon. In any case, I really appreciate your helping out.

Not sure what's going on there.  Anyway, it's possible you no longer have the private key to that address, unless you can figure out where it went.

From now on, I recommend using a public address generated from Electrum

angelgeeks (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:11:31 PM

Sorry for delay! Computer that I was trying startup the bitmining software shut down on its own and after I was able to get it to boot back up and restart the bitcoin mining software its saying: Error Loading blkindex.dat and when I click on OK it brings up another message for bitcoin-qt.exe "bitcoin-qt.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." with a Close option.
Will look into and hopefully get it resolved.
Appreciate the advice and will likely follow it, especially if I can't sort things out with the bitcoin mining software I installed back in May of last year.

angelgeeks (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:31:03 PM

Hi Mike...couple of questions if you please....
I went ahead and downloaded the portable version of Electrum per your suggestion and signed up and chose the mooo.com server. I also stored the mnemonic phrase in case I lose something.
I noticed when I clicked on the "Receive" tab at the top that it had automatically created 5 addresses (which I hope is normal?).
If you would be so good as to send me a penny I'd like to test it out and I'd be happy to send it back to test my sending too.
I'm going to put up the first address it created here===> 17qzaQHNc63ZuTQ5E9EtnLGthbUvYSASHv

Thanks again!
Joe

angelgeeks (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:47:17 PM

OK...I fixed the error with the bitmining sofware by deleting some files (not the wallet.dat file) in the subfolder for bitcoin and restarting and it's back up and running although it isn't showing I've received anything.

Will keep trying.

Also noticed now that a popup above the start button shows "wallet.aes.json" which I'm uncertain about. Maybe you have an idea.

I think that Electrum is going to work out nice. I'm going to edit my original posting to show that address instead of the one I started with.

Thanks!
Joe
angelgeeks (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 09:03:47 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2013, 05:12:52 PM by angelgeeks

Hey Recat...
I think you might have to post a bitcoin or ripple address in order for people to send you free money before anyone can send you anything.
You also might want to find another corner to work as I've got this one cornered. Just kidding! Grin

Just looked at your message again and the response that was directed to you from Mike Christ. Sorry...I wasn't paying close enough attention. I thought the quarter was heading my way and realized what he said was meant for you and that he had intended to send me a dollar.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: