Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:16:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN [STRC] BACK TO EARTH - Alternate Reality Experience and Crowdfund  (Read 50424 times)
sotisoti

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:41:36 PM

Looking forward to more good news. Very cool project. It's a shame the distribution ran into issue. Issues do arise though and you're handling it well. Hope to have a new distribution road map soon!

Thank you. Our team is working very hard to make sure things are done right!

I see how you are handling the google form submissions. Very disappointed. Just issue refunds and let people move on
I was under the impression the team has sold the btc...

Bitrated user: sotisoti.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mortare

Activity: 765
Merit: 283

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 09:37:33 PM

Looking forward to more good news. Very cool project. It's a shame the distribution ran into issue. Issues do arise though and you're handling it well. Hope to have a new distribution road map soon!

Thank you. Our team is working very hard to make sure things are done right!

I see how you are handling the google form submissions. Very disappointed. Just issue refunds and let people move on
I was under the impression the team has sold the btc...

I think they did, they went full fiat.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:54:12 PM

so lawsuit when ?
 Cheesy

j/k
but you better get your shit together.

Malooka
Copper Member

Activity: 289
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:53:22 AM

I want a refund as well. 

The team is a fraud, they are trying to label OUR money as "donations" in some ridiculous effort to pretend this isn't an investment.

The ICO (that's what it was) ended over 1 month ago.  Deliver the tokens or give us our money back crooks!
muleroaa

Activity: 924
Merit: 526

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:56:01 PM

I want a refund as well. 

The team is a fraud, they are trying to label OUR money as "donations" in some ridiculous effort to pretend this isn't an investment.

The ICO (that's what it was) ended over 1 month ago.  Deliver the tokens or give us our money back crooks!

All ICO investors essentially make a donation, this does not mean to say that no profit can be made on said donation. Yes there were some unfortunate bumps in the road with the distribution, but they are working on it. The project itself hasn't changed, the fundamentals are still the same and I assume you did your research properly before donating to the project. Good things take time to produce and the work has already begun.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
spacerman (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

Twitter: @clay_space

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 02:21:28 AM

TOKEN REISSUANCE AND PRE-PRODUCTION UPDATES

Token Reissuance

It’s been nearly three weeks since we discovered the issues in our StarCredits distribution outlined in this blog post. In the post we discussed why we have to reissue our tokens in order to make sure that everyone who participated in the crowdfund receives their tokens in a fair manner. While most participants did receive their StarCredits and have been actively using them, some had their StarCredits sent to inaccessible addresses.

After looking further into the problem, we have identified many factors as to why these individuals did not have access to their tokens–in many cases this was by no fault of their own.

Following this development, we parted ways with our StarCredits distributor and began the process of hiring a developer that would be able to take on the difficult task of reissuing 4.5 million StarCredits tokens. These last few weeks have had us busy analyzing the StarCredits blockchain to determine the best approach to handling the reissue. Since the blockchain industry is still such a small space, there are only a handful of people who are familiar enough with the technology to handle a reissue. Getting in contact with them and picking the right candidate took some time.

While I can announce that we have hired a developer to handle our resissue, we are still unsure as to when the distribution will take place. Obviously, we want to get the new tokens out as soon as possible–even within the next two weeks–but since we are in uncharted waters, we want to go slowly and make sure that we do this right. The last thing we want is to rush this process and then need to do a third reissue!

The good news is that the reissue probably won’t affect you.

If you are currently in possession of your SRC and can access them, then you don’t need to worry about the reissue. When the time comes, your wallet will be credited with an equal amount of the new token. We will essentially take a snapshot of the blockchain at a given point in time and will issue tokens to all wallets that are currently in possession of SRC. If you cannot access your tokens and you have not contacted us, now is the time to do so!

Regarding the future of SRC… well, we have to rebrand the SRC ticker.

Since the SRC ticker will already be in use and created for our first distribution, we are going to have to change the ticker. The new token’s ticker will be STRC. The old token in your wallet is StarCredit (SRC). The new token will be StarCredits (STRC).

We found that this disruption was truly a blessing in disguise.

The original SRC token had next to zero smart contract functionality. This was because we believed that most smart contract functions could be created through third party applications. However, as we have gotten further into pre-production, we have begun to find ways that smart contracts can be implemented to add extra functionality which specifically relate to the Back to Earth experience.

Therefore, the STRC token will have more functionality and uses than its predecessor! This will be showcased on the first day of the reissue through a small project I have been working on to reward our supporters. Stick around to learn more!

Pre-Production Updates

I’ve been in a lot of meetings the last few weeks, talking with directors, app developers, producers, you name it. We are excited to announce that we have locked in our director, and his work is amazing. We will have a more formal release prepared regarding this in the coming weeks.

So far, a lot of pre-production meetings have centered around our story. When you have a series, an app, an ARG experience, and a comic all in development there is a lot of work that goes into creating the story world and developing the cannon. While most of these meetings are closed door, and I can’t discuss what directions the story is headed, I can say that I get more and more excited about it everyday.

One of the many things that has come up in our discussions with our partners at No Mime’s Media is how we can get blockchain technology to play an integral role in our story. We want to do it in a way that not only shines a light on the possibilities of blockchain, but does so in a way that is educational and exciting. This process takes time but has proven to be very rewarding, and I can’t wait to show off some of the wonderful ideas we are beginning to create.

So far we have slated production of the first episode of Back to Earth on August 7-11, 2017. And we are planning to have a portion of the ARG ready by October. All this in preparation for a larger launch in 2018!

Follow us on Twitter to receive updates, or join our Telegram to connect with our team personally.

--Clay Space, Creator of Back of Earth (@clay_space)
lofegs

Activity: 966

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:46:29 AM

Thanks for the update.

And this should've been done at first but good move  Cheesy
"Since the SRC ticker will already be in use and created for our first distribution, we are going to have to change the ticker. The new token’s ticker will be STRC. The old token in your wallet is StarCredit (SRC). The new token will be StarCredits (STRC)."

So there is at least 2 weeks that we have to wait for the new tokens?

BBristow79

Activity: 230

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:38:03 PM

I'm guessing 2 weeks would be a best case scenario. These things take some time and since most of the last 3 weeks was spent on finding someone to do the job they then needed to come up with a plan, test, test some more, really really test it, then implement the changes.

It's unfortunate that they had the problem in the first place. In hindsight I think it could've been handled better and for the costs involved I would've eaten into the dev fund or bounty found to pay the outstanding credits (maybe 38k if I remember correctly) It was no fault of their own that the issue happened true but the opportunity cost and the perception of the company took a hit.

At the end of the day we are where we are and taking more time to make sure the second release of coins is perfect is MUCH more important than getting them out faster.

A second coin release failure would not be good.
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:45:32 PM

TOKEN REISSUANCE AND PRE-PRODUCTION UPDATES

Token Reissuance

The original SRC token had next to zero smart contract functionality. This was because we believed that most smart contract functions could be created through third party applications. However, as we have gotten further into pre-production, we have begun to find ways that smart contracts can be implemented to add extra functionality which specifically relate to the Back to Earth experience.

Yes and you managed to screw even it. ERC20 token must have zero smart functionality and interact with other contracts instead of being complex and carry possible bugs within. But huh, you are not smart enough to understand that. Release dumb ERC20 token contract then code contract with additional features to interact with.
Xorcrypt

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:14:57 PM

Can we declare that this is over? No need to keep people with false hopes. We can all be grown up folks who can handle the fact we did a bad investment.

http://imgur.com/a/V43sb
spacerman (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 08:50:46 PM

June 14th Production Update:

Many members of the community are requesting more transparency from the Back to Earth team and more frequent updates regarding project development. While we aim to be as transparent as possible with project developments, we have been hesitant to release certain developments because we are creating a story, and if you give away story elements too soon you ruin the experience!

But I also understand that our project could be better at communicating our developments to the community.

So I’m here to answer some questions, like “Why is token distribution taking so long?” “Why did you sell so much of your bitcoin up front?”, “Where is all that money going?”, and "What's next?"

Why is token distribution taking so long?

Because it is complicated.

Many people had their tokens sent to the wrong address, and we have to manually hunt them down and get a proper address from them for the reissue. The development is also taking a bit longer than anticipated because we are adding new smart contract functionality that will add to the future value of the Back to Earth experience.

Why did you sell so much bitcoin up front?

We raised 750.57 BTC in our crowdfund. Almost immediately following the crowdfund we liquidated over 643 BTC at a market rate of roughly $1450 per BTC. This totaled about $932,000. Since we sold, bitcoin’s price has moved up significantly… so why did we sell so much?

Because we are a company that is creating a product, not a venture capital firm speculating on the future price of bitcoin. By cashing out when we did we were able to immediately hire No Mimes Media to begin pre-production on the transmedia story, we locked in our award winning director, and we began hiring an enormous team to help us with the process of making our first episode. All told, Back to Earth is currently in collaboration with over 30 artists, technical advisors, and creators.

We were only looking to raise $750,000, and so we saw no point in holding the bitcoin as a means of making more money for the project. Our budget is set. And if we didn’t liquidate the bitcoin then we wouldn’t have been able to get moving on so many aspects of the production.

Where is that money going?

Film production is expensive! While I can’t reveal the costs of production for many reasons, I can tell you that a large portion of the budget has been allocated to film/story production. A good story is ultimately what is going to bring people back. Take a look at our white paper. There we outlined budget categories for our production. We are sticking to that very well so far.

What can we look forward to?

Lots of great things are just beyond the horizon. For one, I’ve been working hard to create an experience for everyone holding STRC after the reissue takes place.

We also have some storyboards coming in from our director that I would love to share with you. I will hopefully get a chance to share them in the coming week.

We are slated for production on August 7-11. We should have the first episode edited and ready by October. While we may not release it immediately, we do intend to release the first module of our transmedia experience around that time.

In November we will be taking our work to the American Film Market in an effort to get more funding through traditional methods. So far, many industry professionals have shown interest for our project.

I have been busy meeting with other business leaders and creators both locally in Albuquerque and in Los Angeles to help establish our company’s presence. Blockchain development is picking up in Albuquerque, and my team is working on positioning Back to Earth to be a company that encourages blockchain innovation in New Mexico.

Clay Space

Creator and Founder of Back to Earth

kfir10

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:40:14 PM

June 14th Production Update:

Many members of the community are requesting more transparency from the Back to Earth team and more frequent updates regarding project development. While we aim to be as transparent as possible with project developments, we have been hesitant to release certain developments because we are creating a story, and if you give away story elements too soon you ruin the experience!

But I also understand that our project could be better at communicating our developments to the community.

So I’m here to answer some questions, like “Why is token distribution taking so long?” “Why did you sell so much of your bitcoin up front?”, “Where is all that money going?”, and "What's next?"

Why is token distribution taking so long?

Because it is complicated.

Many people had their tokens sent to the wrong address, and we have to manually hunt them down and get a proper address from them for the reissue. The development is also taking a bit longer than anticipated because we are adding new smart contract functionality that will add to the future value of the Back to Earth experience.

Why did you sell so much bitcoin up front?

We raised 750.57 BTC in our crowdfund. Almost immediately following the crowdfund we liquidated over 643 BTC at a market rate of roughly $1450 per BTC. This totaled about $932,000. Since we sold, bitcoin’s price has moved up significantly… so why did we sell so much?

Because we are a company that is creating a product, not a venture capital firm speculating on the future price of bitcoin. By cashing out when we did we were able to immediately hire No Mimes Media to begin pre-production on the transmedia story, we locked in our award winning director, and we began hiring an enormous team to help us with the process of making our first episode. All told, Back to Earth is currently in collaboration with over 30 artists, technical advisors, and creators.

We were only looking to raise $750,000, and so we saw no point in holding the bitcoin as a means of making more money for the project. Our budget is set. And if we didn’t liquidate the bitcoin then we wouldn’t have been able to get moving on so many aspects of the production.

Where is that money going?

Film production is expensive! While I can’t reveal the costs of production for many reasons, I can tell you that a large portion of the budget has been allocated to film/story production. A good story is ultimately what is going to bring people back. Take a look at our white paper. There we outlined budget categories for our production. We are sticking to that very well so far.

What can we look forward to?

Lots of great things are just beyond the horizon. For one, I’ve been working hard to create an experience for everyone holding STRC after the reissue takes place.

We also have some storyboards coming in from our director that I would love to share with you. I will hopefully get a chance to share them in the coming week.

We are slated for production on August 7-11. We should have the first episode edited and ready by October. While we may not release it immediately, we do intend to release the first module of our transmedia experience around that time.

In November we will be taking our work to the American Film Market in an effort to get more funding through traditional methods. So far, many industry professionals have shown interest for our project.

I have been busy meeting with other business leaders and creators both locally in Albuquerque and in Los Angeles to help establish our company’s presence. Blockchain development is picking up in Albuquerque, and my team is working on positioning Back to Earth to be a company that encourages blockchain innovation in New Mexico.

Clay Space

Creator and Founder of Back to Earth

The police will find you soon. Cheaters never escape from justice! You removed me from Telegram channel because I said you are a lier. I put my money in BTE and I regret it.
spacerman (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 08:06:49 PM

AWARD WINNING DIRECTOR FEDERICO HELLER TO JOIN BACK TO EARTH

Federico Heller is a co-founder at 3dar, an Argentinian-based production and animation studio, and the official director for the pilot episode of Back to Earth.

Heller has worked at 3dar since 2003 as a director, producer, and visual effects supervisor to hundreds of different projects for TV, advertising, and film. His short film, Uncanny Valley, has won awards at the London Sci-Fi Film Festival, LAIFF, and the Toronto Arthouse Film Festival. It is currently in development as a feature film.

He has most recently worked as Co-Producer and VFX Supervisor to Numb: At the Edge of the End, starring Harvey Keitel and Hayden Christensen, and was VFX Supervisor and Post Production Director in Aliados, a FOX Latin America TV production.

Back to Earth Productions will be partnering with 3dar for all post production needs. 3dar is a collective of creatives, pushing the boundaries of virtual reality, animation, and digital effects. They have worked with companies like Dell, Lay’s, Cartoon Network, Google, Sony, and many more.

We are thrilled to have Federico join our team. You can watch Uncanny Valley below in it’s entirety on our blog!

https://backto.earth/blog/award-winning-director-federico-heller-to-join-back-to-earth/

sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:34:06 PM

Any dev capable to deploy erc20 in a team so far?
muleroaa

Activity: 924
Merit: 526

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 01:23:06 AM

Federico Heller is a co-founder at 3dar, an Argentinian-based production and animation studio, and the official director for the pilot episode of Back to Earth.

Heller has worked at 3dar since 2003 as a director, producer, and visual effects supervisor to hundreds of different projects for TV, advertising, and film. His short film, Uncanny Valley, has won awards at the London Sci-Fi Film Festival, LAIFF, and the Toronto Arthouse Film Festival. It is currently in development as a feature film.

He has most recently worked as Co-Producer and VFX Supervisor to Numb: At the Edge of the End, starring Harvey Keitel and Hayden Christensen, and was VFX Supervisor and Post Production Director in Aliados, a FOX Latin America TV production.

Back to Earth Productions will be partnering with 3dar for all post production needs. 3dar is a collective of creatives, pushing the boundaries of virtual reality, animation, and digital effects. They have worked with companies like Dell, Lay’s, Cartoon Network, Google, Sony, and many more.

We are thrilled to have Federico join our team. You can watch Uncanny Valley below in it’s entirety on our blog!

https://backto.earth/blog/award-winning-director-federico-heller-to-join-back-to-earth/

Very nice, that short is something else. Looking forward to seeing this sort of style in Back to Earth!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
spacerman (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 04:37:43 AM

Very nice, that short is something else. Looking forward to seeing this sort of style in Back to Earth!

We are too! Hoping to share some of the concept art in the next few weeks.

mortare

Activity: 765
Merit: 283

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 08:50:50 AM

Can you answer:

Can we declare that this is over? No need to keep people with false hopes. We can all be grown up folks who can handle the fact we did a bad investment.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
herromerro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:03:14 PM

Can you answer:

2 weeks almost done.
We'll see if it worked out well or not.
hah

Activity: 183

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 07:16:31 AM

Did any of you guys move your SRC tokens to another ETH wallet address? I'm wondering do the devs or those token guys got access to the distribution address seed.

lofegs

Activity: 966

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 09:27:21 PM

Did any of you guys move your SRC tokens to another ETH wallet address? I'm wondering do the devs or those token guys got access to the distribution address seed.

Yes, I moved  my SRC tokens to another Ethereum wallet.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: