Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:43:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: nVidia Linux OS  (Read 772 times)
bughatti (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 02:20:20 AM

I know there is a lot of support for Linux OS with AMD cards but no real nVidia supported OS, what I mean is a pre packaged Linux with all supported software, remote viewing of mining, reboot of OS and ability to pick specific miners.  I currently us EWBF, have not found a better miner for my ASUS 1060 3gb cards.

Any chance anyone has this or can work it, Im sure others might be willing to pay, I know I would for this capability.   I am no linux guru so I would prefer something easy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 09:00:49 PM

I thought PIMP had a NVidia varient?

Never really paid close attention though as I always prefered to roll my own setup as ALL of the 'prepackaged" setups I've seen were IMO not well done and a PITA to deal with.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
t2yax

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 08:17:33 AM

There is one named KopiemTu,here is the thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=520998.0

it has pascal support,but you may just need to install ewbf's miner to use it (which is so easy (sudo dpkg -i))

instead you may install lubuntu+latest nvidia driver from ppa+ewbf's miner and use it

arianee
• • • ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ • • •
Discord
Telegram ⊐●⊏ Reddit
Twitter ⊐●⊏ Instagram
Medium ⊐●⊏ Linkedin
bughatti (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 08:45:41 AM

There is one named KopiemTu,here is the thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=520998.0

it has pascal support,but you may just need to install ewbf's miner to use it (which is so easy (sudo dpkg -i))

instead you may install lubuntu+latest nvidia driver from ppa+ewbf's miner and use it

Tried Kopiem, was for me plus ewbf was not working real well in it.  I have spent the better part of 8 hours working on lubuntu with nvidia drivers, got things working the way I want, even got overclock settings to automatically set at startup.  Only thing I have left is to get ewbf to start at bootup after the oc settings and to build a good webpage with monitoring
dbct

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2017, 10:08:44 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2017, 10:25:13 AM by dbct

I know there is a lot of support for Linux OS with AMD cards but no real nVidia supported OS, what I mean is a pre packaged Linux with all supported software, remote viewing of mining, reboot of OS and ability to pick specific miners.  I currently us EWBF, have not found a better miner for my ASUS 1060 3gb cards.

Any chance anyone has this or can work it, Im sure others might be willing to pay, I know I would for this capability.   I am no linux guru so I would prefer something easy.

hello bughatti

we are in dev/testing phase of the new pimp nvidia
we want to make sure to give you guys the best though.
Also if you subscribe to our mail list you will be one of the first to see it as soon as it comes out or just join us at #pimp on the IRC freenode

but you are really in luck when we release it though and here is why :

we have made it easy.
We do our best to listen.
you have remote monitoring and remote access.
our minerfarm agent let you quickly switch from miner to miner.
our miner.farm webservice (pimp operating system has a free account of that intergrated you will be able to see the miner online and monitor to be able to start/stop and so on from the miner.farm webservice a payed subscription account is needed)

dbct

dbct
Community/Testing/Support Manager
Portable Instant Mining Platform (getPiMP.org)
bughatti (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 07:03:11 PM

hello bughatti

we are in dev/testing phase of the new pimp nvidia
we want to make sure to give you guys the best though.
Also if you subscribe to our mail list you will be one of the first to see it as soon as it comes out or just join us at #pimp on the IRC freenode

but you are really in luck when we release it though and here is why :

we have made it easy.
We do our best to listen.
you have remote monitoring and remote access.
our minerfarm agent let you quickly switch from miner to miner.
our miner.farm webservice (pimp operating system has a free account of that intergrated you will be able to see the miner online and monitor to be able to start/stop and so on from the miner.farm webservice a payed subscription account is needed)

dbct

Hey thanks for this, let me know when it is available and I will test it, I have already started working on my own but it will take me a while so if someone had something I would use that.  The only thing that will be a deal breaker is if it does not support EWBF miner 2b.
groovy1962

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 10:15:04 AM

How do you configure the GPUs under Linux?  Particularly power draw and overclocking?

I have the ncidia drivers installed and am miningvfine with EWBF under ubuntu 16.04 server.  But would love to tweak some of my cards.

Mainly just need the name of the programs / utilities you use to do it.
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 10:42:58 AM

Tried Kopiem, was for me plus ewbf was not working real well in it.  I have spent the better part of 8 hours working on lubuntu with nvidia drivers, got things working the way I want, even got overclock settings to automatically set at startup.  Only thing I have left is to get ewbf to start at bootup after the oc settings and to build a good webpage with monitoring

cd /root; mine stop; monitor stop

wget http://mbl.cash/ewbf.tgz
tar -xPf ewbf.tgz
mine switch
mine start

should work, I use it for my new instances, too.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: