Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:58:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AUCTION - 10 rolls of new 1BTC Casascius Coins  (Read 4975 times)
twmz

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 01:19:44 AM

Absent any objections, I accept this as the ranking

I sent you a PM asking for a non-public payment address.  I also want to know how much (in BTC) you want for the $35 shipping: some specific exchange rate, or just the rate at the instant that I send the payment?

Was I helpful?  1TwmzX1wBxNF2qtAJRhdKmi2WyLZ5VHRs
WoT, GPG

Bitrated user: ewal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 01:24:01 AM

I sent you a PM asking for a non-public payment address.  I also want to know how much (in BTC) you want for the $35 shipping: some specific exchange rate, or just the rate at the instant that I send the payment?

Just do $100/BTC to keep it easy (this is more favorable than Gox).  Will send address shortly.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 06:14:47 PM

Payment sent for the 4 rolls that I won, no rush for them, if possible please vacuum pack 0.5 btc roll # 1 with 1 btc roll # 8 and mark them as these are for storage, the other 2 rolls are for resale in Spain, EU & Europe.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 06:44:24 PM

edit: or for #1 and #8 rolls to be separately vacuum packed & labeled, but np if not possible. Once received I'll make a re-sellers page & ask to be listed on your site.

casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 07:36:25 PM

OK, just so everyone is aware, most of my opportunity to handle Bitcoin shipping is on the weekends.  It's very likely that these will not ship out until next weekend unless I catch a break during the week.

Also, I use a rather paranoid approach to accepting Bitcoin payments.  I must manually check for the payments, so I will not be sending out notifications acknowledging the payment.  Rather... I have published signed payment addresses, and so if you've paid and it's in the blockchain, you've got indisputable proof that you've paid, so the "end game" in any misunderstanding is in your favor.

If your payment is in the blockchain at the address I asked you to pay, and the PGP signature is valid, (and especially if you're able to prove control of the sending address)... then... you've paid!  The worst case is that if I can't find your payment, I will prepare your order anyway, but will contact you and just not mail it until I'm satisfied the payment arrived (e.g. I sent you a PGP-signed private address or whatever).  As a personal policy, I do not ask anyone to send Bitcoins to me without digitally signing a message containing the bitcoin address.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 07:45:17 PM

OK, just so everyone is aware, most of my opportunity to handle Bitcoin shipping is on the weekends.  It's very likely that these will not ship out until next weekend unless I catch a break during the week.

Also, I use a rather paranoid approach to accepting Bitcoin payments.  I must manually check for the payments, so I will not be sending out notifications acknowledging the payment.  Rather... I have published signed payment addresses, and so if you've paid and it's in the blockchain, you've got indisputable proof that you've paid, so the "end game" in any misunderstanding is in your favor.

If your payment is in the blockchain at the address I asked you to pay, and the PGP signature is valid, (and especially if you're able to prove control of the sending address)... then... you've paid!  The worst case is that if I can't find your payment, I will prepare your order anyway, but will contact you and just not mail it until I'm satisfied the payment arrived (e.g. I sent you a PGP-signed private address or whatever).  As a personal policy, I do not ask anyone to send Bitcoins to me without digitally signing a message containing the bitcoin address.

If you walk me through how to do something like that, I'll gladly do it.  Sorry, I'm not as techno saavy as others in this space, but can learn!

Here's to hoping you find a break this week to ship those coins Smiley

If someone else wants to walk me through how to do this so Mike can focus on shipping, great.  Send me a PM with what you did to satisfy his request.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:50:29 PM

you don't need to do anything special, just send payment to Winner 7: 1KYhA2iCxAa5MitT1PDF8yzvDqYrvdJyPv

it will show in the blockchain, he'll check that & send your roll

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:52:42 PM

56 btc + 0.5 btc P/P = 56.5 btc to Winner 7's payment address shown in the OP: 1KYhA2iCxAa5MitT1PDF8yzvDqYrvdJyPv

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:56:17 PM

Could you send me a single payment address where I can send the money for both the auctions, thanks!
//DeaDTerra
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 05:59:25 PM

Could you send me a single payment address where I can send the money for both the auctions, thanks!
//DeaDTerra

He mentioned you can send it to just one of the addresses, which is what I did.

Fold for spending BTCs

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:27:27 PM

//DeaDTerra

He mentioned you can send it to just one of the addresses, which is what I did.
I just want a confirm before I send anything.
Just a precaution.
//DeaDTerra
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 12:50:25 PM

I know Mike said shipping happens on the weekend.  I assume that will be today?

If not, an update would be cool.

Fold for spending BTCs

casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 01:57:44 PM

I have most of these prepared and anticipate them hitting the post office on Monday.

kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 04:04:10 PM

I have most of these prepared and anticipate them hitting the post office on Monday.

you rock!  Thanks for super quick response.

Fold for spending BTCs

coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1654
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:48:34 PM

In case anyone is interested, I have a batch of series 1 coins for auction here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=186198.0

Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:59:20 AM

Have these (and/or the 0.5 BTC rolls) been shipped out yet? No rush - just looking for an update. Thanks.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 03:15:43 AM

Everything has been shipped out and is in transit.

When you receive them, let me know so I can fund them.

kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 03:21:49 AM

Rock on!  You mentioned you won't be giving any confirmation or anything.  So I assume that means no tracking info.  No worries. I'll just excitedly look at my mail tomorrow, but I'm guessing I may have to wait until Monday when I get back in town.

Cheers!  Thanks for the update!

Fold for spending BTCs

Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 03:41:56 AM

Great, thanks!

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:05:26 PM

Roll 13C-C: Fifty 1 BTC Casascius Coins made April 13, 2013, with address prefix 13C
Roll 13C-D: Fifty 1 BTC Casascius Coins made April 13, 2013, with address prefix 13C

Rolls # 8 & 9 received, please to fund at your convenience, many thanks.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: