Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:19:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AUCTION - 10 rolls of new 1BTC Casascius Coins  (Read 4974 times)
bitcoin_bob

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 09:02:09 PM

Just an interesting discussion topic:  I was thinking, not for this auction, but for a future auction, including a potentially valuable giveaway available only to those who have ordered 100 or more coins from me before I shut down my order taking, or those who are visibly and actively reselling coins.

The giveaway would be: One uncut original sheet of 330 private keys from the series 1 set, which I will not be using due to the holograms having the spelling error, and are otherwise garbage.  The holograms would not be included.  I have maybe 10 such sheets, and giving them away would be no security concern because the keys will never be used in coins.  They are the only copy of the keys they contain.  This would be offered to deliberately prejudice the bidding toward those reselling the coins.  Others could bid but wouldn't be eligible to get the bonus item.  The sheets aren't something I'd sell separately (I consider it cheesy to sell "self-memorabilia"), but might make for a prized giveaway to honor and reward those who are making local markets for these.

I'm interested in feedback on the idea to help me decide whether to offer that.

I would say that is a good idea, maybe if you frame it and sign it with a couple of unused coin blanks or something and post a photo of it, might generate some interest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
candoo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 12:55:17 PM

I didnt received my roll yet. Is that normal? Shipping did go to gernany. 

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
candoo

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:08:12 PM

Received my  Roll today, after I had a battle with the german customs. (had no invoice and no payment proof) But iam a good shooter so I handled it quick!

Thanks to casascius Smiley

Please fund 13B-D

2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 03:49:03 PM

Received my  Roll today, after I had a battle with the german customs. (had no invoice and no payment proof) But iam a good shooter so I handled it quick!

Please fund 13B-D

how did you deal with them, then?
candoo

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:02:37 PM

Please fund 13B-D

how did you deal with them, then?

I should really not talk about that Cheesy

bitcoin_bob

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 09:58:04 PM

Please fund 13B-D

I would buy your ebook on how to deal with German authorities without going crazy or postal, if you make it Smiley
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
April 30, 2023, 10:00:04 AM

Well here we are just over a decade later and I'd like to say a warm Hi! to everyone/anyone who's still around from that era, and an especial huge thanks to the Legendary Casascius for providing the best 'cold storage' ever, I've long since sold all my digital coins over the years, and the ATHs, but I hung on to all of my physicals, in fact I fished my first one out of the bank security box where it's lived for so long and peeled it yesterday, I've never peeled before and it was an exciting, and a little nerve racking, an experience to say the least.

I've just had my offer accepted on an extremely nice apartment next door to one of mine and I'm going to need some extra cash in about three months time to complete on that, and then hopefully to convert them into a stunning double lateral one.

I used a Ballet wallet to import the bitcoin private keys, which also included the major forked coins:

BCH Bitcoin Cash, BSV Bitcoin SV, XEC eCash, BTG Bitcoin Gold, BCD Bitcoin Diamond. Their total value was approx. $200

The Ballet wallet worked brilliantly, you just need to find out how to turn on the 'expert' mode in order to import private keys.

I then sent the bitcoin to my main vanity addie 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc for now, eventually it'll go to Bitstamp, along with some others.

https://casasciustracker.com/ shows the peeled coin: https://www.blockstream.info/address/13CwnigvhNucwGnyvS5r5h9TzcTTJHW72r

http://www.casascius.com/fulllist.txt Ctrl F to search, was handy for finding the full public address from the First bits one on the coin: 13Cwnigv

There are still some shitcoin forked coins left on it, these probably aren't worth trying to harvest https://findmycoins.ninja/ with: 13CwnigvhNucwGnyvS5r5h9TzcTTJHW72r

Eventually I'll probably get the redeemed coins graded by ICG and sell them for a few hundred dollars each on eBay, or somewhere.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: