Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:53:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Even Alex Jones makes fun of us  (Read 3478 times)
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:07:58 AM

YESSSS +!!!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:10:26 AM

Funny thread   Cheesy

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:12:10 AM

The man thinks Max Keiser is Satoshi Nakamoto.

I mean, come on.

noedaRDH

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Finding Satoshi

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:47:46 AM

Jones is the type of guy who would make up 1000 predictions and if just a few of them come true, he will boast about those for some time to go... all while he's selling you water filters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwURLwd8pEA

1NwGKiLcAngD1KiCCivxT6EDJmyXMGqM9q

Ask not what Bitcoin can do for you - ask what you can do for Bitcoin.
NikolaTesla

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:59:33 AM

Jones is the type of guy who would make up 1000 predictions and if just a few of them come true, he will boast about those for some time to go... all while he's selling you water filters:

Lmao thanks for the good laugh
HappyBitCoinUser

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:33:52 AM

Lmao thanks for the good laugh

Since we're already off topic:

Only thing worth listening to Alex Jones right now is the gun debate. Its already proven and history has already shown that Gun Registration leads to Gun Confiscation, and Gun Confiscation leads to the overall violent crimes and murders increasing higher. Its not what-if might happen in the future, its stuff that has already happened in several countries. Doesn't matter if you like guns or hate guns, those are the facts that can't be debated. Not conspiracy.

Back on topic:

Now everything else Alex Jones talks about are mostly all the conspiracy. Someone else had to tell him about BitCoins. I don't think he's done enough of his own research to even have a public opinion worth listening too about BitCoins.

Its really sad that he makes a few good points on important topics, then 80% of the stuff he says is lol making people discredit everything he says. And constantly trying to sell product kills the mood too  Sad
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 06:39:17 AM

I was on a satirical over the top website called the obama forums. We would act like Obama supporters and big Democrat supporters throwing out straw men left and right only to have conservatives who could not see through the obviousness go nuts (and threats of lawsuits from a certain jewish organization).

We put one post up there about how we need to have the government censor various right wing websites. We mentioned Alex Jones' website as one of those sites.

He went on his show shortly thereafter talking about an Obama web forum that was trying to shut down his website.

At the very least he does not do his due diligence to check the validity of what he reports. I could go to my Spam folder in my e-mail and report some pretty amazing stories of things going on in the world. But that is about as believable as anything Jones spits out.

I tend to see two types of libertarians, those who understand that government just does not work. That pouring more money into something only makes things worse (including wars). Then there is the Alex Jones conspiracy types who believe that government works so well that they are responsible for EVERYTHING in this world down to the color of the juice you drink (blue is turning you gay because the NWO wants you to be).

The conspiracy types tend to fight with us against big government, but for different reasons. But they get in the way when trying to have a rational debate.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
zakoliverz

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:44:09 AM

http://youtu.be/DiMvGyv2keY

But he does give you guys a handy scapegoat: Alex Jones thinks the central banks started the selloff.
I suggest you buy as much as you can to show them.  Wink

Seriously this is dumb.

Sure , I will buy as much as I can to show them who's the winners.
NikolaTesla

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 07:33:20 AM

One thing to remember is that conspiracy types are strongly opposed to a global currency and/or a digital currency (and a lot of that stems from religious fundamentalism and "mark of the beast" prophecies).

This leads to an interesting conundrum with Bitcoin - as it's intended as an anti-establishment tool to cut out the banks and decentralize the monetary system, conspiracy types end up with mixed feelings about it. I don't think Alex Jones knows what he believes, he's still trying to work it out.
thoughtfan

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 08:25:48 AM

But he does give you guys a handy scapegoat: Alex Jones thinks the central banks started the selloff.

Seriously this is dumb.
Of course it's seriously dumb!  So are his followers - which is why this is the best news I've heard all day.  I have to say I haven't liked to see the likes of Max Keiser lower themselves to go on AJ's show and because I'm aware that those of us who have Bitcoin today are likely to be empowered relative to those who jump on board later on - and I really don't like the idea of AJ-heads being empowered by bitcoin. Their critical capacity must have been severely disabled to start with (whether by Bible belt schooling, parenting or whatever) but their minds are seriously crippled by the BS they repeatedly listen to till till they actually believe it!

Guns is one thing.  Guns in the hands of the mindless is another.  Guns and Bitcoin wealth in the hands of the mindless is something to be truly scared of.

Long may Alex Jones continue to believe and preach Bitcoin is part of the NWO conspiring to... (fill in the blank).  Long may his followers stay the fuck away from Bitcoin!
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 09:46:10 AM

Seriously this is dumb.
Of course it's seriously dumb!  So are his followers - which is why this is the best news I've heard all day.  I have to say I haven't liked to see the likes of Max Keiser lower themselves to go on AJ's show and because I'm aware that those of us who have Bitcoin today are likely to be empowered relative to those who jump on board later on - and I really don't like the idea of AJ-heads being empowered by bitcoin. Their critical capacity must have been severely disabled to start with (whether by Bible belt schooling, parenting or whatever) but their minds are seriously crippled by the BS they repeatedly listen to till till they actually believe it!

Guns is one thing.  Guns in the hands of the mindless is another.  Guns and Bitcoin wealth in the hands of the mindless is something to be truly scared of.

Long may Alex Jones continue to believe and preach Bitcoin is part of the NWO conspiring to... (fill in the blank).  Long may his followers stay the fuck away from Bitcoin!

Yes I can actually agree with this, at least the part of me that still is interested in Bitcoin rather than the drama surrounding it.

But on the other hand this community is filled with those types. So it's actually pretty much the same thing, the same thought process, and he is right that this is a cult. The way people are approached, the way I am constantly attacked for speaking out against that mentality, everything.
ManBearPig

Activity: 350

"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 09:50:52 AM

...ya it was dumb... Adams said that the people who created bitcoin are "Bitcoin Billionaires FOR SURE", when the market cap of bitcoin is 1.2 Billion Dollars.....

It may be true. Bear in mind the money made by the early holders/ traders will be a sum of almost ALL the total transactions ever made NOT just the market cap.

So ask: how much volume has been traded in total and at what prices?

How much of it went into the hands of big/ early holders?

I'm pretty sure that comes to something a few orders of magnitude larger than $1B.

I tweet crypto nonsense: https://twitter.com/DunningKruger_
thoughtfan

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:57:04 AM

Seriously this is dumb.

Yes I can actually agree with this, at least the part of me that still is interested in Bitcoin rather than the drama surrounding it.

But on the other hand this community is filled with those types. So it's actually pretty much the same thing, the same thought process, and he is right that this is a cult. The way people are approached, the way I am constantly attacked for speaking out against that mentality, everything.
No, EM, I get the impression you are only 'constantly attacked' because of the provocative manner in which you 'speak out'!  Of course the combination of the ingenuity of the technology, the disruptive potential in undermining justifiably unpopular power bases, the excitement and enthusiasm in being involved with something that has the potential to make each of us rich and the fact so many of us spend so much time hanging out here and only being around other like-minded folk is bound to mean some of us are prone to get into cult-think.  However I think you are unfair on the many sharp-thinking individuals who not only write well here but are also out there taking their entrepreneurship and innovative qualities to making things happen.

I would warn you and others not to judge the whole of the bitcoin community by the tone, frequency of posting and loudness of some here Wink

Of course I may only be thinking/writing this because I am also sucked in by the cult refusing/failing to admit I am brainwashed...  Grin
bitcoiners

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:57:38 AM

Please stop posting conspiracy theorists.  It makes us all look bad.  Anyone who listens to this jackass or posts about him goes immediately on my ignore list.  He's a nutter.  

I can't believe I'm posting in an Alex Jones thread.
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 10:01:30 AM

Please stop posting conspiracy theorists.  It makes us all look bad.  Anyone who listens to this jackass or posts about him goes immediately on my ignore list.  He's a nutter.  

I can't believe I'm posting in an Alex Jones thread.

May I still post this one?   Grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ejvvPIaYrSo#t=12340s

I mean pointing and laughing is not the same thing as being into it.
RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:07:31 AM

I'm sure Jones really cares about people... about their freedoms and all that... just look at all those neat shirts and water filters and other crap that he's selling. Yep, he got our best interest in his heart.

So because he sells stuff he does not care about people's freedoms. Great logic!
thoughtfan

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:16:45 AM

I'm sure Jones really cares about people... about their freedoms and all that... just look at all those neat shirts and water filters and other crap that he's selling. Yep, he got our best interest in his heart.

So because he sells stuff he does not care about people's freedoms. Great logic!
It's not that he sells 'stuff' - it's that his bullshit FUD is the only thing that give most of this 'crap he's selling' any perceived value.  I don't believe those who claim he's intelligent and that his performances are 'just an act'.  I do believe he believes most of the bullshit he spouts - the same bs that conveniently dupes people into paying stupid money for stuff they don't need.

I agree with 'bitcoiners' he's a nut job.  But he's also a piece of shit.

But to get back to the positive side, anything he says that keeps his dumb-ass followers away from bitcoin is a good thing in my book Smiley
Mouser

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:27:30 AM

According to Alex Jones the Arabs own Hollywood and the Chinese control the media.

Would you believe anything he says about Bitcoin or anything else?
noedaRDH

Finding Satoshi

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 04:40:58 PM

No, it's the way he sells stuff. He gets people all paranoid about EVERYTHING, not just the stuff that have merit to be wary of. Then he goes to sell you some garbage T shirts and water filters... as if those items would really stop Big Brother. He's merely feeding off of people's fears, and coming up with no solutions.

1NwGKiLcAngD1KiCCivxT6EDJmyXMGqM9q

Ask not what Bitcoin can do for you - ask what you can do for Bitcoin.
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 04:41:57 PM

He's merely feeding off of people's fears, and coming up with no solutions.

That's how you can tell who he's working for.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: