Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:05:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Terracoin Price Recovering on BTC-e  (Read 4091 times)
psybits (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 08:02:38 PM

Just a heads up for everyone here - with the recent fixes, the price is recovering fast on BTC-e  Wink
nethead

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 08:54:01 PM

Yep, but it sucked for some ppl that even THE DEV was spreading FUD's about it just to buy some, if you get me. The coin is and will be dead as of now (after that event)
Of course only time will tell, maybe im wrong.. but that was not cool Wink
psybits (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:07:23 PM

I was under the impression the problems had finally been fixed, network looks healthy now, new diff calculations appear to be working.
nethead

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:11:29 PM

I was under the impression the problems had finally been fixed, network looks healthy now, new diff calculations appear to be working.

Yeah, what im saying is that EVEN the dev scammed/tricked everybody to sell by this event that happened, which kinda seems made up for that reason(if you read the other threads you will get the same impression).
So, its dead/dying. Again im saying that i may be wrong.

disclaimer: i didnt had much, i had around 200 and sold half of them in that event, so i am not saying what i say coz "im butthurt" (just sayin Tongue )
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:18:22 PM

Yeah, what im saying is that EVEN the dev scammed/tricked everybody to sell by this event that happened, which kinda seems made up for that reason(if you read the other threads you will get the same impression).
So, its dead/dying. Again im saying that i may be wrong.

disclaimer: i didnt had much, i had around 200 and sold half of them in that event, so i am not saying what i say coz "im butthurt" (just sayin Tongue )

Meh I think scam is a harsh word. Look through my posts I bash TRC pretty hard but I wouldn't call what happened a scam. The blockchain was forking, ASICs were causing mayhem... it genuinely looked like the dev had given up. Plus the dev emailed btc-e.com privately, it wasn't a public announcement, the dev had no way of knowing that btc-e.com wouldn't just remove TRC from the exchange.
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:31:19 PM

Yep I wouldn't call it a scam because I don't believe the dev had any fraudulent intent.  My belief is that he was just frustrated, tired, and pissed off about the problems.  He quickly put out a statement the next day pretty much saying that.  Besides the price of TRC didn't really move from the time he put his first statement out, until the time of his second.  The price was pretty much already as low as it would go at that point. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
psybits (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:47:04 PM

I never thought of TRC as a scam either - I just figured the dev had some pretty big problems to solve. Now that TRC has survived this hurdle I'd say things are definitely looking up.

I've always liked TRC and the network looks pretty healthy now.

Grin
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:48:22 PM

Pretty extreme swings in difficulty.
nethead

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:50:07 PM

Well, great then. I wish it'll go to 1:1 ratio with btc or even more... but highly doubt it after what happened.

mr_random, you are right, scam is a harsh word, "trick" it would fit better. I was one of the supporters one time, no need to bash what can make you money Wink
but trc isnt (as i see it now) sth to make you money
spacegoat

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

We are connected. you are me I am you.

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:58:02 PM

I gave the dev alot ALOT of shit.  I said he's fired and was really harsh cuz I lost thousands of dollars with trc stuck in transit for 48 hours and price plummeting.  not a good day.  so I might take responsibility for incessantly heckling the dev and threatening pirate takeover

I actually feel really bad about it now, I come to find out he's actually a pretty competent guy, just not american.

I gave him so much shit about the thumbs up guy too.  and now he's down.  might be my heckling.  SORRY DEV!  good work, don't mind me!  I was freaking though it was my mom's money.  planning pirate takeover!

yeah baby yeah
psybits (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:11:01 PM

TRC really is going off the charts on BTC-e at the moment - if this helps any of you!

Grin
spacegoat

Activity: 112

We are connected. you are me I am you.

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:42:19 PM

yeah I just don't know where to sell out.  I gotta go on a road trip I wonder how high it will go!

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=772c35b49c&view=att&th=13e09079bee33296&attid=0.2&disp=inline&realattid=f_hfib8kf11&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-rs7KAHoeG_hxRnU9-ciY1&sadet=1365979425246&sads=cQCWnr1CbUuFL-UWjRhJk42vPvA

yeah baby yeah
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 11:54:00 PM

I cannot even determine if it safe and reliable to mine trc... Or even predict my daily coins earned. This has to be the most confusing alt. What does 1 g/h earn right now? The diff also bounces around so much i am unclear if the core prob from a few days ago is resolved.
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:04:35 AM

Looks like a pump to me.
WiseOldOwl

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 12:05:09 AM

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.

This^^
master-P

Activity: 868

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 12:07:00 AM

Is it still susceptible to the difficulty exploit?

Edit: The price is dropping quickly so it probably is.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 12:07:05 AM

I'm glad to hear you got some of it back.  I strongly urge everybody not to risk more than they can afford to lose in any market!

I started with a couple small investments between BTC and TRC, and bouncing back and forth, and then going nearly all into TRC just before it made it into BTC-E, I had actually made a pretty nice sum at one point.  Let me tell you that I didn't get to keep it!!  I came out a "mere" couple BTC ahead and am down to <20 TRC.  I'm happy with how it worked out, but I would've been much happier if I'd taken some profit sooner, and I'm very glad I finally did start taking some profit so I could come out ahead.

So I'd take some profit and start paying your mom back!

roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:08:27 AM

I cannot even determine if it safe and reliable to mine trc... Or even predict my daily coins earned. This has to be the most confusing alt. What does 1 g/h earn right now? The diff also bounces around so much i am unclear if the core prob from a few days ago is resolved.

It seems the core problems from before are resolved and things are more stable now. Coinotron turned their pool back on, at 400Gh+ atm.

As far as earnings go, that's hard to say because the difficulty does move around a lot. When it hits the 5255 floor it seems quite profitable at the current price. The surges in difficulty come and go, they don't remain constant.

http://www.cryptocoinexplorer.com:3750/chain/Terracoin?count=20
girafon

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:12:33 AM

It seems the core problems from before are resolved and things are more stable now. Coinotron turned their pool back on, at 400Gh+ atm.

As far as earnings go, that's hard to say because the difficulty does move around a lot. When it hits the 5255 floor it seems quite profitable at the current price. The surges in difficulty come and go, they don't remain constant.

miners bumps too (causing this diff movements?) ; check coinotron for example, number of miners and TRC hashrate more than doubles every now and then
nethead

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:17:09 AM

miners bumps too (causing this diff movements?) ; check coinotron for example, number of miners and TRC hashrate more than doubles every now and then

I think coinotron made a system for the miners, to auto redirect their hashing power to the most profitable coin at that moment.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: