Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:16:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LTC] Online Litecoin wallet - LTC-Wallet.com  (Read 21568 times)
FalconFour

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 03:01:50 AM

Okay, called GoDaddy. Apparently the domain was updated just today, and while the situation is "unusual", it's not likely canceled or pulled - just in some weird state of limbo by the developer. I suspect, given the server errors shown recently and the recent posts here on litecoin.net forums, it's no "SCAMMER STOLE MAH MONEYS" situation, just a bumpy server transition.

*crosses fingers*

feed the bird: 187CXEVzakbzcANsyhpAAoF2k6KJsc55P1 (BTC) / LiRzzXnwamFCHoNnWqEkZk9HknRmjNT7nU (LTC)
bengx

Activity: 202

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:44:38 AM

Okay, called GoDaddy. Apparently the domain was updated just today, and while the situation is "unusual", it's not likely canceled or pulled - just in some weird state of limbo by the developer. I suspect, given the server errors shown recently and the recent posts here on litecoin.net forums, it's no "SCAMMER STOLE MAH MONEYS" situation, just a bumpy server transition.

*crosses fingers*

I very very much want to believe you.

*crosses fingers too*
tex83rb

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:49:00 AM

it's useless.... the coins are all lost.

but in the miracolous case that really the guy has not escaped, i will give him also 5 % not 3 % to exit before completion and excuse for all the imprecations i sent him.

but that will not be this case, i repeat.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
FalconFour

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 07:00:32 AM

You're the worst case of pessimism I've ever seen, tex83rb. Shit, I *NEED* the money to eat and pay bills, what little bit I can get... and most people here seem to just be in it for the stocks thrill and "intelligent investment" opportunities.

Side note: I STILL have not found a credible alternative to ltc-wallet.com. There's liteaddress.org but the function of that website is completely unknown to me... I generate an "address" and I get a public key, but I have no clue what to do with that information - no way to deposit or withdraw that I can find, and not willing to send a coin to that address (abyss?) to find out. So I've just installed Litecoin-QT on my home server and I guess I'll just be managing it there from now on. I just don't feel like a hundred thousand independent blockchain-maintaining clients is the best solution to using Litecoin or Bitcoin... :/

feed the bird: 187CXEVzakbzcANsyhpAAoF2k6KJsc55P1 (BTC) / LiRzzXnwamFCHoNnWqEkZk9HknRmjNT7nU (LTC)
JBelinchon

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:09:41 AM

*crosses fingers*

Thanks a lot for the info man.
crafty veteran

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:29:31 AM

Thanks FalconFour for looking into this.

I remain cautiously optimistic. why? i don't know perhaps denial

I had 505 lite coins in the wallet that I have been buying every month for the last few months

Looking at previous posts it appears that this Toork charector also had a feather coin wallet  https://ftc-wallet.com this is also down.

Now it could be a technical issue his last posts mentioned some changes that they were making these things happens I guess. What concerns me is that we haven't heard anything from the guy , No posts saying sorry we are working to fix this issue.....nothing!

Try to remain positive my fellow LTC wallet users for now. 
0nlyBTC

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 09:59:19 AM

Well shit. I was about to pull my LTC in the 26th! There goes my 27 LTC. Any word? Trook have a twitter?
0nlyBTC

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:05:48 AM

Doesn't Bitcointalk record peeps IP address? So we can locate that SOB. 
nviere

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:57:00 PM

Can you assure the safety of this wallet?
Yes, it is safe to use our wallet.

Goddamnit. Hope you guys can get your money back.. Contact the providers and always go to your local police department. These kind of cons always do what they know best: conning people. If there are enough complaints (not only regarding this website) there is a good chance they will try to follow their available leads.
nviere

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:57:37 PM

Wait a little while though..
mindragon

Activity: 173

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:45:20 PM

Here's an idea that will increase trust in AltCurrencies:

Each of the major exchanges should form a working group to monitor these potential fraud/schemes. If enough complaints surface (such as what happened here), accounts on those exchanges should be suspended pending investigation.

The working group should remain completely open and transparent and all results of their investigation should be published immediately.
azaniet

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 10:19:27 PM

@1base58 you might be right. I blame myself for being too trustworthy.

It is not possible to track the LTC's through blockchaininfo (for LTC) is it? (Because the adress for receiving and sending are not linked)?.

We might be able to get some information about the real owner of this website or an IP address from bitcointalk.org to see if we can find him. I do not know how well the website https://www.domainsbyproxy.com/ handles the identification verification, but it might be possible that they have real owner information that was required for the SSL verification.

@toork (We) and definetely, I will put effort into obtaining your identity to get a refund of my invested money. If there has been a misundertanding, I sincerely appologize and hope to hear from you asap in order to clear things up.

Any help from people to track toork is greatly appreciated.

rig007

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:21:49 PM

Interesting...  Will be checking it out.
0nlyBTC

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:09:15 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 11:25:46 PM by 0nlyBTC

We need a bounty on Toork head to find him. Angry I found the Twitter account associated with ltc-wallet.com @LitecoinWallet

We are a step closer!
Slipage

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:55:48 PM

No one bothered to obtain and confirm real personal details on a online wallet service?
Shakes head...

FalconFour

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 06:20:00 AM

Yeah, now a full day later with no word back from the developer on this forum, the site, nor the Litecoin.net forum (and this post in particular).

Well, I'm considering pulling out of Litecoin then. No credible wallet services, and scammers running what appeared to be a completely legitimate Litecoin wallet. I'll tell you one thing: LTC-Wallet.com never set off any of my "scam alert" red flags until now. Any reputable website developer would have come back to contact their users while they were transitioning a server, and the record *WAS* just updated yesterday meaning the guy *is* alive and well. Just hopefully not "well" for much longer once We, the Internet catch up with him...

No one bothered to obtain and confirm real personal details on a online wallet service?
Shakes head...

No, because nobody should have to bend over backwards to try to stalk the developer of every website they come in contact with to verify that it's "real" first. However, anyone putting more than a hundred bucks into any website should have the common sense to use their own Litecoin client instead of trusting a site like this. I was only working in small amounts and storing them here for the sake of convenience (since Vircurex kept "losing" deposit addresses and vaporizing my mined Litecoins into oblivion while I wasn't watching), so I only lost maybe $40 at the very worst - probably less, as the value of LTC drops like a rock now because of this massive ripoff.

FalconFour

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 06:31:24 AM

Here's some fun for the network guru types like myself to sink their teeth into:

DNS servers for ltc-wallet.com are ns51.domaincontrol.com and dns.jomax.net. http://who.is/dns/ltc-wallet.com is a great resource at this point.

dns.jomax.net is invalid and returns a bad domain result from OpenDNS (67.215.65.132 is OpenDNS' "bad result" IP).
DNS lookup for jomax.net DOES return a valid result (64.202.167.166) but there doesn't appear to be a server running there (port scan, anyone?) - but the IP is part of GoDaddy's servers - rDNS as "gdplugins-v06.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net". Strange. Usually, a legit web service like GoDaddy would place a redirection web-server on all their web-facing service provider servers so network geeks can see they're functioning servers.

(that server also doesn't respond to DNS queries.)

Lots of GoDaddy and nothing going anywhere. GoDaddy is definitely the company to contact about the site, though...

We're still not getting through to any web servers at all, and I have a strong suspicion that the web servers running ltc-wallet.com *ARE* still alive and spinning if we could link DNS to them somehow. That's what I'm digging into - trying to find an alive webserver out there that'd be likely to respond to a "HOST: ltc-wallet.com" HTTP header and give us the damn site.

0nlyBTC

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 07:01:59 AM

Here's some fun for the network guru types like myself to sink their teeth into:

DNS servers for ltc-wallet.com are ns51.domaincontrol.com and dns.jomax.net. http://who.is/dns/ltc-wallet.com is a great resource at this point.

dns.jomax.net is invalid and returns a bad domain result from OpenDNS (67.215.65.132 is OpenDNS' "bad result" IP).
DNS lookup for jomax.net DOES return a valid result (64.202.167.166) but there doesn't appear to be a server running there (port scan, anyone?) - but the IP is part of GoDaddy's servers - rDNS as "gdplugins-v06.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net". Strange. Usually, a legit web service like GoDaddy would place a redirection web-server on all their web-facing service provider servers so network geeks can see they're functioning servers.

(that server also doesn't respond to DNS queries.)

Lots of GoDaddy and nothing going anywhere. GoDaddy is definitely the company to contact about the site, though...

We're still not getting through to any web servers at all, and I have a strong suspicion that the web servers running ltc-wallet.com *ARE* still alive and spinning if we could link DNS to them somehow. That's what I'm digging into - trying to find an alive webserver out there that'd be likely to respond to a "HOST: ltc-wallet.com" HTTP header and give us the damn site.

Good work. Even though I have no idea what you talking about more than half of the time. Glad someone doing some digging. Whats you LTC address? (tip)   Smiley
FalconFour

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 07:57:27 AM

Good work. Even though I have no idea what you talking about more than half of the time. Glad someone doing some digging. Whats you LTC address? (tip)   Smiley
Hah. Smiley I hope someone can track them down with some of this info. I've run websites myself and I've always worked to keep users up-to-date on server transitions (even while one of my projects was a self-hosted file-serving website), so if nothing else, this guy really needs a lesson on how to maintain a website. Given the information dug up by that Litecoin.net forum mod in the link provided a couple posts back, I think we're beyond the "bumpy server transition" phase and squarely now into "the guy took our money and ran" territory...

As for the tip (Cheesy), I updated my sig with a Litecoin address. Smiley

cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 09:12:59 AM

I mean, wasnt 12% interest for 90 days enough of a tipoff guys? I mean, cmon, really...  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: