Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:21:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LTC] Online Litecoin wallet - LTC-Wallet.com  (Read 21568 times)
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 01:40:14 AM

This is a shame to hear.  Shocked

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
crafty veteran

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 02:05:26 AM

One thing I don't get is he had a litecoin wallet and a feathercoin wallet but no Bitcoin wallet? I mean if your trying to screw someone over why not go for the most valuable crypto currency we have?
Eli0t

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 02:17:24 AM

because the btc wallet market is pretty much covered

had my own reservations when using this site back in may https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=176637.msg2089600#msg2089600

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 02:19:45 AM

Based on what I read when I started researching this, the site started getting Error 500's (meaning the daemon for the host was down) on the 26th. The site then came back up after that.

It is possible that the site went through another issue on the 27th in relation to the domain or something, though it's really hard to tell. I still think a lot of people are jumping the gun here and making assumptions with no real reasoning behind it. As I said, it has always taken 3-4 days for him to get back to me, even weeks ago. So waiting 3 days now is still just in the realm of normal business.

Now, if this does turn out to have been a scam, I am more than willing to join in on any court cases and such to get back what's ours. I can submit my own testimony as well as anything else that's needed to seek justice.

But at this point I have not seen enough proof that it's a scam, so I am reserving my judgement for later.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 02:23:34 AM

One thing I don't get, is if it's truly a scam, why not keep the website open to more deposits? (From people who may not have seen this thread yet, or noticed the withdrawal issues).
crafty veteran

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:16:15 AM

One thing I don't get, is if it's truly a scam, why not keep the website open to more deposits? (From people who may not have seen this thread yet, or noticed the withdrawal issues).

I believe he may of anticipated a lot of people withdrawing their ltc's when ltc hit gox this month.
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:27:25 AM

I believe he may of anticipated a lot of people withdrawing their ltc's when ltc hit gox this month.

So then just disable withdrawals? If it's truly a scam, why not keep the website up and keep showing deposit addresses?

I haven't even looked at the site, was never a customer, so it's all guesswork for me.
FalconFour

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 04:40:50 AM

This has nothing to do with a 500 error. Here's all the links you need to know to prove the guy took it down and never intended for it to be a long-term website:

http://who.is/dns/ltc-wallet.com (note: no "A" records, and GoDaddy says the host was updated on the day this drama started unfolding - the site was pulled from DNS. Side note: jomax.net is part of GoDaddy, as "Jomax Technologies" was the original name of GoDaddy - but it's strange they'd still be using it).
https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,2266.msg34458.html#msg34458 (using anonymous proxies and a disposable email address to sign-up and post with, which, I maintain, there is no legitimate reason for doing)

Done deal. The guy pulled the site and hopes nobody will find him.

feed the bird: 187CXEVzakbzcANsyhpAAoF2k6KJsc55P1 (BTC) / LiRzzXnwamFCHoNnWqEkZk9HknRmjNT7nU (LTC)
crafty veteran

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:00:18 AM

This has nothing to do with a 500 error. Here's all the links you need to know to prove the guy took it down and never intended for it to be a long-term website:

http://who.is/dns/ltc-wallet.com (note: no "A" records, and GoDaddy says the host was updated on the day this drama started unfolding - the site was pulled from DNS. Side note: jomax.net is part of GoDaddy, as "Jomax Technologies" was the original name of GoDaddy - but it's strange they'd still be using it).
https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,2266.msg34458.html#msg34458 (using anonymous proxies and a disposable email address to sign-up and post with, which, I maintain, there is no legitimate reason for doing)

Done deal. The guy pulled the site and hopes nobody will find him.

Thanks for your efforts mate. Some poor bastard lost over 4000 litecoins, this puts things in perspective for some of us I guess. I have never been fucked like this before. The only thing that gives me solice is this guy will either get caught with this scam or the next or he gets some really bad karma that comes back to bite him .

I'm thinking something like being abducted by a dozen Brock Lesnars that use him for some kind of sex slave for the rest of his life.

At the end of the day as painful as this is I have my health a job a great girl and enjoy my life
tex83rb

Activity: 606

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:51:36 AM

i hope he really pay for that.

and please, at least tag this damn thread as "scam"

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:54:48 AM

Maybe it's not a scam, but some problems occured
tex83rb

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 02:31:34 PM

Maybe it's not a scam, but some problems occured

how can you still have hope in that infamous guy??
please stop with these useless discussions the only discussions that can have reason to exist now are those involved to catch him, if even possible, and make spit him every single litecoin he stolen from us

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 02:38:11 PM

This appears to be a repeat of mybitcoin.com + pirate's bitcoin savings & trust.

People who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

I don't mean to be offensive, but rather blunt.

Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Feathercoin etc. are meant to give YOU, yes YOU (the user) the power of storing your wealth/money which only you can access when you need to exchange etc.

The thought process of "I'll just store my coins on X-site" needs to be changed to "I'll only store Y% of my total coins on a site when doing A, B, C".

The analogy is simple, if you don't have possession of your coins (meaning the only one to have access to the password(s) to encrypted wallets or your private key), you don't own it.

Just like gold and silver. If you store it in a bank or in a third-party vault, you are taking a risk of the operator of the bank/vault taking your wealth.

Please be safe people, be smart, and please learn from others mistakes in the past. This mistake has already been done many times in the bitcoin community with ACTUAL bitcoins in the worth of tens of thousands of dollars to many millions.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Dreamweaver

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Trying to find my way.

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:58:10 PM

Holy hell...I'm fuming and at the same time disappointed..I put over 300 LTC back a couple months ago before this "interest" was even a feature (I wasn't even aware that this started until today)..I simply try to find a safe, online place to store my LTC and wait for it to increase in value..I see it going up, I go to check, and suddenly the guy who made it is a scammer. I have no idea if he planned this from the get-go, damn I'm pissed the hell off. I wish there was some way to hold people like this accountable.. -___-

BTC: 15hfE8dXf13Z1n5WQnpoF24Zr7G8Fv1Ghk
klaushaus

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:35:34 PM

Okay, called GoDaddy. Apparently the domain was updated just today, and while the situation is "unusual", it's not likely canceled or pulled - just in some weird state of limbo by the developer. I suspect, given the server errors shown recently and the recent posts here on litecoin.net forums, it's no "SCAMMER STOLE MAH MONEYS" situation, just a bumpy server transition.

*crosses fingers*

Falcon, did you ask for toork's name or any info they might have had (billing address, etc.)?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:48:28 PM

Okay, called GoDaddy. Apparently the domain was updated just today, and while the situation is "unusual", it's not likely canceled or pulled - just in some weird state of limbo by the developer. I suspect, given the server errors shown recently and the recent posts here on litecoin.net forums, it's no "SCAMMER STOLE MAH MONEYS" situation, just a bumpy server transition.

*crosses fingers*

Falcon, did you ask for toork's name or any info they might have had (billing address, etc.)?

They won't give that information out without a subpoena from law enforcement.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
klaushaus

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:54:17 PM

*crosses fingers*

That's what I figured.  I've already contacted a lawyer and will keep everybody here informed.  Thanks for making first contact!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:05:25 PM

*crosses fingers*

That's what I figured.  I've already contacted a lawyer and will keep everybody here informed.  Thanks for making first contact!

Definitely keep me in the loop, please. If this turns out to be a scam I will definitely be behind you 100% in getting justice. If the police are involved they can also subpoena the payment information which can be used to follow more trails.

tex83rb

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:47:59 PM

*crosses fingers*

Definitely keep me in the loop, please. If this turns out to be a scam I will definitely be behind you 100% in getting justice. If the police are involved they can also subpoena the payment information which can be used to follow more trails.

i too remain in contact with all of you for getting back my ltc or at least condamn these scammers if possible

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
crafty veteran

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 10:00:06 PM

Hi all someone started a thread for people who have been effected by this https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,4783.0.html if you have been effected please post in this thread so we can gauge the severity of this crime. I know most of you guys are probably from the us, I'm from Australia and will update the thread in regards to my report to the australian authorities
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: