Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:07:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LTC] Online Litecoin wallet - LTC-Wallet.com  (Read 21568 times)
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:37:03 PM

to bad my isp blocks that site   Angry

FalconFour

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 12:17:18 AM

I studied informationlogistics once and added some of my thoughts to narrow down the suspects a bit to the LTC-Wallet Case Study thread on forum.litecoin.net...

https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,4783.msg35381.html#msg35381

Best regards,

ave13

You brought up how many LTC he has, but who is to say that the numbers we are looking at aren't from depositors' funds? And in the large pools, that could be an exchange or something as well.
Indeed, the balance is likely a site "holding pool" for funds tracked by its internal database. Someone could key in that my account now had "100 LTC" instead of just 6 LTC, and I could withdraw 100 LTC from my "wallet" because it's all coming from a common set of accounts. The site probably had code that auto-transferred funds between accounts to balance them into pools, easier to steal and harder to track. I'm pretty sure all the funds in there are from people that are slowly going to try logging in only to realize that their rarely-looked-at "savings account" no longer even exists... :/

feed the bird: 187CXEVzakbzcANsyhpAAoF2k6KJsc55P1 (BTC) / LiRzzXnwamFCHoNnWqEkZk9HknRmjNT7nU (LTC)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 12:36:43 AM

Ouch, this is looking even worse now. Just went to check out their Twitter page again (twitter.com/litecoinwallet) and it was removed sometime in the last day. It has been completely deleted.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:01:11 AM

Want to bring your attention to something else in case someone gets the law involved. Here are two things you can follow up on:

Their Google Analytics code: UA-40041908-1
Their Google Recaptcha API ID: 6LcLld8SAAAAAC7T6UPrpT2z039dg27xy3ROW6Nr

I am sure that somewhere they screwed up and forgot to completely conceal their identity, and these two may be where it was. Google should be able to supply law enforcement with all applicable information for those accounts (or that account if they are linked) including the IP's and other pertinent details.

Definitely worth a try.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
FalconFour

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 04:38:53 AM

Want to bring your attention to something else in case someone gets the law involved. Here are two things you can follow up on:

I am sure that somewhere they screwed up and forgot to completely conceal their identity, and these two may be where it was. Google should be able to supply law enforcement with all applicable information for those accounts (or that account if they are linked) including the IP's and other pertinent details.

Definitely worth a try.

Awesome find. That could be the info Google needs to track him/her/them down. Can anyone confirm that the accounts listed (and archived, in my previous posts) would only be in control of this guy in the Litecoin network? That would assign a hard dollar value on this information and would give the appropriate companies the motivation and rationale to find this information...

feed the bird: 187CXEVzakbzcANsyhpAAoF2k6KJsc55P1 (BTC) / LiRzzXnwamFCHoNnWqEkZk9HknRmjNT7nU (LTC)
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 05:49:45 AM

Definitely worth a try.

Awesome find. That could be the info Google needs to track him/her/them down. Can anyone confirm that the accounts listed (and archived, in my previous posts) would only be in control of this guy in the Litecoin network? That would assign a hard dollar value on this information and would give the appropriate companies the motivation and rationale to find this information...

At least with my information, I can confirm that the analytics would be his. I can't fathom why anyone would be using someone else's code on their site since only the owner of the Google account gets the benefits. It'd be like using someone else's advertising blocks on your page, :p.

tex83rb

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:08:22 PM

Definitely worth a try.

awesome find, yes. it0s hard ever for cyber criminal to hide every every every trace. so if we wind a hole in their strategy, we must go that way to retrieve this SOB.

i think a scam for over 200.000 $ placed in all the world, should be sufficient to make the authorities moving.

but at this point, who of the people being scammed is moving, e.g. from the forum, to contact authorities ? we need to contact first google with these datas?
please clarify the situation, because going on we understand the scam is every day bigger, and the moves to do to catch the SOB are everyday most difficult to follow all. we have to have a strategy defined and all clear for that purpose.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:49:39 PM

Definitely worth a try.

awesome find, yes. it0s hard ever for cyber criminal to hide every every every trace. so if we wind a hole in their strategy, we must go that way to retrieve this SOB.

i think a scam for over 200.000 $ placed in all the world, should be sufficient to make the authorities moving.

but at this point, who of the people being scammed is moving, e.g. from the forum, to contact authorities ? we need to contact first google with these datas?
please clarify the situation, because going on we understand the scam is every day bigger, and the moves to do to catch the SOB are everyday most difficult to follow all. we have to have a strategy defined and all clear for that purpose.

If we contact Google ourselves, we will get nowhere. They can not release data to us; they can only release it to law enforcement, and even then it requires a subpoena. Along with this, law enforcement would not (in most circumstances) be able to release the data to us. We would basically have to trust (and push) them to do their job and handle this.

We really need a single point of contact for this that can compile all the known data and start pushing this forward.

FalconFour

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 03:54:50 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2013, 04:12:25 PM by FalconFour

Ah yes, the "Someone should do something about that!" conundrum.

Remember: you and I are BOTH "someone". There's no central authority here, so it's only up to generic Joes like you and I. It's not up to the forum admins, GoDaddy, Google, etc., to get the ball rolling on this.

/deep breath

Clicky, clicky.
http://www.stopfraud.gov/report.html#computer

Filling this report form out now. You and I are both "someone", and we're going to do something about this. Smiley

This forum thread will be the single point of contact as far as my report is concerned. Basically, "read from about page 5 onward".

edit: "Thank you for filing a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).". Smiley

tex83rb

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:04:57 PM

so we have to send an email? since online form prompts out an error.

we should use all the same kind of email....

so please decide here what to do

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:07:06 PM

Ah yes, the "Someone should do something about that!" conundrum.

Remember: you and I are BOTH "someone". There's no central authority here, so it's only up to generic Joes like you and I. It's not up to the forum admins, GoDaddy, Google, etc., to get the ball rolling on this.

/deep breath

Clicky, clicky.
http://www.stopfraud.gov/report.html#computer

Filling this report form out now. You and I are both "someone", and we're going to do something about this. Smiley

This forum thread will be the single point of contact as far as my report is concerned. Basically, "read from about page 5 onward".

Normally I would be all over this, but I am already in the midst of multiple projects and a lawsuit of my own. My time is pretty much filled up to the point where I can not be the person to keep up with making sure everything is going as it should.

I will still do what I can to help, but I can definitely not be the leader in this and we need someone that can lead it, otherwise it's going to be hectic and any law enforcement that may otherwise get involved will become overwhelmed and we'll still get nowhere.

FalconFour

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 04:16:48 PM

I feel kinda small-fry only having about $20 in LTC involved here (ugh, I ran the numbers... LTC mining with only 3 older GPUs is just painful.), but I've got all the time in the world and tons of technical expertise to help.

Yes toork, even scamming a dude out of $20, while I look to my side and see others getting scammed for $10,000+ at the same time as I am, I'll help those guys out the best I can to track you down and make you pay. Smiley

klaushaus

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:23:57 PM

Just wanted to update folks here.  I went ahead and contacted a few firms that specialize in these types of scams.  And, guess what?  They are already aware. Surprise, surprise!  Through my correspondence with them, I have figured out that this would require international jurisdiction.  Since I'm based in the US, this would most likely indicate the fraudsters are not.  Also, since this appears to be a complex case, it will be very expensive to begin legal action (to the tune of six figures).

But, don't give up hope!  It's clear that other victims are on the hunt as well and it's possible that they can't disclose any of their findings due to ongoing investigations.  I totally understand that position and warn others to think about that before posting.  Please continue contacting your local law enforcement agencies and bring some more attention to this scam.  I will continue my search for a more cost effective resolution to this whole mess.
klaushaus

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:36:26 PM

Just wanted to update folks here.  I went ahead and contacted a few firms that specialize in these types of scams.  And, guess what?  They are already aware. Surprise, surprise!  Through my correspondence with them, I have figured out that this would require international jurisdiction.  Since I'm based in the US, this would most likely indicate the fraudsters are not.  Also, since this appears to be a complex case, it will be very expensive to begin legal action (to the tune of six figures).

But, don't give up hope!  It's clear that other victims are on the hunt as well and it's possible that they can't disclose any of their findings due to ongoing investigations.  I totally understand that position and warn others to think about that before posting.  Please continue contacting your local law enforcement agencies and bring some more attention to this scam.  I will continue my search for a more cost effective resolution to this whole mess.

Oh, and having said all that, I'm open to suggestions on where to go from here, pooling resources, etc.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:38:23 PM

Oh, and having said all that, I'm open to suggestions on where to go from here, pooling resources, etc.

It's going to go nowhere unless law enforcement can look into where the owner of the site is from. Without that information, it is impossible to give any advice. Each country is different and each state is different. Sometimes it even varies from city to city within the same state. So until we know where the person we're dealing with is from, there is really nowhere *to* go.

petros786

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 10:06:43 PM

Hi,

2917.7 LTC is how much I lost ... http://explorer.litecoin.net/address/LZxrB79DMV4vKUWKTDECM5wa8mVM8HWz22

So can I please also be kept updated?

Also, does anyone think that I should maybe wait until LTC hits gox before going to the police - I think they would take a maybe $80,000+ theft much more seriously than an $8,000 theft? I'm from the UK in case that makes a difference.

Also, in case the person is reading this (which you probably are), I hope you know that if you sell the coins and then get caught then you would be liable for the maximum value of the coins between the time of theft and the time of being caught - i.e. if LTC's peaks at $20, then you would legally be liable for $20 per LTC stolen, regardless of the actual price of LTC when you stole them or when you get caught.....   So it's probably a good idea for you to wait until you are 100% sure you aren't going to get caught before selling those coins....

Last thing, on the off chance that you just happen to be a teenage kid or whatever who is now pretty scared.. you can send me my coins back at Li9L7BqVp1hUHRPDNYw6HAUvAuw6Lrh9QC  and I won't be contacting the police.
Sondey10mg

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 01:55:45 PM

Oh, I had some LTC there as well! Not much, but it was all I had (22LTC)  Angry

If you are scared and want to send it back: Lf8xPpDPtfqqyjD5cqFsyvA2R83hzaEtRy

If not, I will contact authorities. It's not much, but all small things help.

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
tex83rb

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 09:29:43 PM

so it's over? he take our money and it's safe away??? too bad

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄

▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 10:08:10 PM

Unless someone who has more time is able to pursue this on behalf of everyone. If nobody will do it, then yes, it's over.

xenofanesSkarak

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 09:30:54 AM

Unless someone who has more time is able to pursue this on behalf of everyone. If nobody will do it, then yes, it's over.

I would rip him apart. the asshole. Shit!!!
 everytime I think of this robbery i would kill the toork. It was very painful and expensive lesson of life. Dont let him go. He must be afraid of every second what could happen, in his useless life. Dont let him breathe and enjoy our stolen money.
If only I could torture him to death. bastard. asshole. can you hear me, we all are searching for you you pure toork. we are very close and your days are coming to the end
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: