Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:01:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Set of Soviet Union Ruble Coins - PRICE DROP - SOLD!  (Read 3820 times)
flora_digitalis (OP)

Activity: 477
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 06:40:53 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2018, 12:49:18 PM by flora_digitalis

Now you can grab a true piece of history:

Complete Set of Ruble Coins of the Soviet Union - a total of 6 4 3 2 identical sets are available one set remaining

This amazing set features a total of nine coins with the denominations 1 Ruble, and 50, 20, 15, 10, 5, 3, 2, 1 Kopeks from the time of the Cold War. The coins depict the infamous state emblem of the Soviet Union with hammer and sickle. Together with the cyrillic "CCCP" acronym ("Coюз Coвeтcкиx Coциaлиcтичecкиx Pecпyблик", the latin equivalent is "SSSR" = "Soyuz Sovetskikh Sotsialisticheskikh Respublik") it's an iconic part of modern history that should not be missing in any collection.

All coins offered here are in supreme condition, with grades of XF+ to UNC or even better (it was very difficult to make pictures due to the high reflection of the coins). Coins may have minimal superficial stain (I always leave the decision of cleaning to the specific collector, because it's a controversial topic).

With the exception of the 3 and 1 Kopeks coins all coins are from the year 1978.

The collector's value of this set is very significant. The most valuable coin is the 1 Ruble which is even valuable in VF condition. In UNC or better condition as it's the case here, it is very rarely offered at all. I was very lucky to acquire a set of these coins from an Eastern European collector a few years back.

Pricing & Shipping
0.025 BTC for a complete set, includes free international shipping!
0.015 BTC
Now only 0.01 BTC !
(Any knowledgeable collector will tell you that this is a very fair price.)

Shipment order:
  -  Established hero members and above with no negative trust or users with significant positive trust and no red flags: I ship first.
  -  All others: You pay first or propose a trustworthy escrow (fees paid by you).

PRIVATE SALE: Austrian Cufflinks / Polish Commem. Coins / Rare German Coins / Stella & Dot Jewelry
Please read all my trust comments. Only negative trust is from highly problematic individual TMAN (retaliatory rating - never did a trade with him and never will).
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grtthegreat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2017, 08:15:57 PM

I'll take these. Please reserve these for me. Please send in a PM regarding the payment.
flora_digitalis (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 08:37:08 PM

I'll take these. Please reserve these for me. Please send in a PM regarding the payment.

Great. Wink PM sent.

PRIVATE SALE: Austrian Cufflinks / Polish Commem. Coins / Rare German Coins / Stella & Dot Jewelry
Please read all my trust comments. Only negative trust is from highly problematic individual TMAN (retaliatory rating - never did a trade with him and never will).
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 02:36:58 AM

The coins look to be in great condition for their age, are they still valid currency?

Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 10:26:44 AM

The coins look to be in great condition for their age, are they still valid currency?

After a little bit of research, it seems that after the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1993 the coins were taken out of circulation and were no longer accepted as currency within Russia. If they are as rare as the seller suggests, then the face value of the coin is irrelevant as you'd never trade it in on that basis anyway.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
A-10

Activity: 177
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 11:49:52 AM

After a little bit of research, it seems that after the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1993 the coins were taken out of circulation and were no longer accepted as currency within Russia. If they are as rare as the seller suggests, then the face value of the coin is irrelevant as you'd never trade it in on that basis anyway.

I will say that the sellers price is very fair and appropriately graded. He did not say they were rare, only that they are a great set of coins to have in a collection in that condition, which I agree. A rare verity would be a 1967 with 1966 edge or 1976 with 1975 edge.
flora_digitalis (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 02:16:36 PM

Exactly. The Soviet Union no longer exists - would be fun in today's world if it would... Cheesy The modern Russian ruble is a different coin, featuring the modern state emblem of Russia (the double headed eagle) and it is smaller (because of inflation).

The coins offered here are collectible items.

I will say that the sellers price is very fair and appropriately graded. He did not say they were rare, only that they are a great set of coins to have in a collection in that condition, which I agree. A rare verity would be a 1967 with 1966 edge or 1976 with 1975 edge.

The two years/variants you're mentioning are ultra rare and therefore extremely expensive. But the year 1978 is still more rare than other years. In general, you will not often find the coin in a comparably excellent condition as offered here.

I think the coins are a great memorial set of an important and fascinating part of history.

flora_digitalis (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 05:10:31 PM

Two sets sold, 4 sets still available. All superior quality.

Meanwhile - to get the right feeling for this period of history - I recommend listening to the former state anthem of the Soviet Union: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs

Smiley

buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 04:28:50 PM

PM sent.

thanks!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
kingcarsen

Activity: 1148
Merit: 369

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 08:33:08 AM

So I just stumbled upon this, and I have a ton of these....what are they worth? I have several of different values all in VF, XF, if not AU condition...Good luck with sales!!
yogg
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 11:57:30 AM

Do you still offer sets of URSS coins for sale ?

That's an interesting part of history. I'd love to have a set of these coins. Smiley
flora_digitalis (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:33:13 PM

Do you still offer sets of URSS coins for sale ?

That's an interesting part of history. I'd love to have a set of these coins. Smiley

PM'ed

flora_digitalis (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:33:49 PM

Three sold, three remaining.

Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 08:09:26 AM

I here sell the same coins and bills.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1853142.new#new

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

flora_digitalis (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 10:04:52 AM

These are not the same coins! I'm selling a complete set of Soviet Union circulation coinage in supreme condition here. Especially the 1 Ruble from 1978 included in the set has significant collector's value.

Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:24:37 AM

These are not the same coins! I'm selling a complete set of Soviet Union circulation coinage in supreme condition here. Especially the 1 Ruble from 1978 included in the set has significant collector's value.

A maximum of 40 bucks in excellent condition))
I have such pieces 10 lies)

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

flora_digitalis (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:31:40 PM

A maximum of 40 bucks in excellent condition))
I have such pieces 10 lies)

So my offering price is indeed quite fair, considering you get the other denominations on top and shipping is free. Smiley

flora_digitalis (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:32:20 PM

Price Drop!

Now only 0.015 BTC, including free international shipping!

flora_digitalis (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:34:56 PM

Now 4 sold, 2 available.

Grab these nice and historically interesting coins while there are still available!

^^^
push

flora_digitalis (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:03:11 AM

^^
up!

Now 5 sold. Only one set left.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: