Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:29:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would immortality be worth it?  (Read 2051 times)
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 01:09:33 PM

Suicide is a sin. We are not sinners. We want to die like everyone else. If no one will die, then our grandchildren will not for life. Immortality is a choice to kill himself or to kill the children and grandchildren.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 02:00:21 PM

Suicide is a sin. We are not sinners. We want to die like everyone else. If no one will die, then our grandchildren will not for life. Immortality is a choice to kill himself or to kill the children and grandchildren.

The desire to die is border-line suicide. Not enough guts to do it, right?

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 02:16:11 PM

Well if there's immortality I think then there  should be a law to promote contraceptives so that nobody will procreate in order to control the population or we could let some people sleep for 10 years by injecting them with chemicals whiles others live to sleep when their time is due... lol
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 02:25:24 PM

Well if there's immortality I think then there  should be a law to promote contraceptives so that nobody will procreate in order to control the population or we could let some people sleep for 10 years by injecting them with chemicals whiles others live to sleep when their time is due... lol

If there is immortality in this life, new people won't have to keep on becoming scientists to take the place of scientists who die. A scientist who has lived 200 years will develop great inventions, because he will have a long time to concentrate. He will develop Star-Trek-style space warps. We will leave earth, and populate the infinite number of planets out there. There will never be population that can outgrow colonizing the stars.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
ikilledcobain

Activity: 446
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 04:36:17 PM

I wouldn't be so quick to judge. Most people that commit suicide have some form of mental illness.

I wouldn't say suicide is ideal, but I don't think it's always a sin.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Proper

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 04:52:47 PM

If there is immortality in this life, new people won't have to keep on becoming scientists to take the place of scientists who die. A scientist who has lived 200 years will develop great inventions, because he will have a long time to concentrate. He will develop Star-Trek-style space warps. We will leave earth, and populate the infinite number of planets out there. There will never be population that can outgrow colonizing the stars.

Cool
This is not so. Scientists have also has its own specifics. When I was in school, I had no problem with inorganic chemistry, but I did not understand organic chemistry. And scientists they come up with their idea and forever become hostages to the idea. They did not invent anything fundamentally new. They will only upgrade an old one.
RewFrew

Activity: 574
Merit: 140

Chainjoes.com

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 11:27:21 PM

mmm 99% We are already immortal gods living incarnations and 1% We are a  sims of immortal gods.

2tang

Activity: 1414
Merit: 259

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 11:34:35 PM

Very valuable because we can claim as god and have many followers, but on the other hand we will feel very lonely because there is no eternal companion like us.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
daronch

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:11:25 AM

Not at this point in time. Maybe in the future when we've colonized other planets, immortality may start to look more feasible.
hassany5

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:11:03 PM

Definitly. Immortality is something that human kind research and craves for. I think its very important and I think we will find the immortality.
stoogiemeister

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:42:26 PM

we all are souls in bodies. while our bodies die off, our souls are immortal. what hasnt born cannot die, the soul has always been there
anelenaniku

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:47:52 PM

If someday we actually get to be immortal, wouldn't this mean that:
- The world would, at some time, be with a lot of people and no space.
- Then we would need to resort to abortion and birth control.
- Then, people would start to get bored sometime.

So, would immortality be worth it?

Non of them,  if we manage this , we probably have first create AI, and AI will let us populate other planets.
Applechild

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:43:19 AM

only for a while. while its still in your "mouth" it can turn to grape or gravel. it is not worth it at all, not for anything.
r1a2y3m4

Activity: 504
Merit: 127

Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:55:48 AM

I think it would be worth it. But it depends on your goal. what is your goal on why do you want to be immortal. If your goal is to accumulate all the knowledge in the world I think it is fine . but if you goal is to just live I think you would be tired at some point and you will regret being an immortal.

yselacreyo3

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 05:05:31 AM

I read Borges' Immortal, and there is an interesting part where it says, I did not say goodbye, at some point we would meet again, immortality would bore us, and soon we would look for ways to destroy ourselves

Neddie1908

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:11:31 AM

In my opinion immortality is not worth because being immortal means seeing your love ones die one by one and you'll have never ending problems cause when you are still alive problems are just around the corner, being immortal wouldn't let you rest

▬ ▬▬▬   The First & Largest Payment Processor of Over 75 Cryptocurrencies   ▬▬▬ ▬
█ █          CoinPayments          █ █
▬ ▬▬▬   Over 375,000 Vendors Accross 217 Different Countries   ▬▬▬ ▬ (https://www.coinpayments.net/)
BrandonChong37

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:10:09 AM

In an imaginary world. No. What if everyone was immortal and would we over populate?
meghansullivan

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 08:15:29 AM

if we could save our young bodies and live a bit longer I'd like to try it. immortality is boring
Boysisig207608

Activity: 230

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:20:29 AM

Immortality will only give you pain and loneliness... what will you feel if all the people you'll gonna love will always die ahead of you... it will be very painful for sure!
kimataraus

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:34:11 AM

Maybe if you had someone you love to spend your time with.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: