Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:09:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How gullible are you?  (Voting closed: February 02, 2017, 04:52:45 AM)
Not at all - 1 (25%)
Below Average - 2 (50%)
Average - 0 (0%)
Very Gullible - 1 (25%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How gullible are you?  (Read 1057 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 05:56:42 PM

Everyone is gullible to some degree - it's necessary for imagination.
It's necessary for survival. Children instinctively believe anything an adult tells them, which is helpful when they're told why they shouldn't play in traffic, but less helpful when they're told that they were created by an invisible genocidal psychopath who will torture them without end if they don't do exactly what He wants, and that He wants them not to question anything. Of course, gullibility declines with age, so once such an idea is implanted in a child's brain, it's almost impossible to remove in adulthood.

If the "invisible genocidal psychopath" that created them is going to "torture them without end if they don't do exactly what He wants, and that He wants them not to question anything," then it is extremely good that the children are firmly warned.

But since God created people, and since God is not like that "invisible genocidal psychopath," it's good to teach the children about God while they are still gullible.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HOT_HEAD

Activity: 136
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 06:49:45 PM

I have great empathy for other living beings, but I am far from gullible. So far that it turns to paranoia.
I start pointing fingers if something is not right and I investigate a ton before I decide I'm going to trust someone.

I wasn't always like this, but I learned in life that trusting people is not something you'd want to carry around loosely. Having ways you can determine whether someone should be trusted is a must and for some reason, a lot of the people said I was a trustworthy person, even though I don't trust a lot of others. Maybe there's a correlation between those too.

If I didn't have empathy, I'd suspect I'm a psychopath...

Collecting money for college:
BTC DeFi - bc1q6tymcagg6w4c96dgwnag64kl7rdkpgc6ny8gek ;
solbiere

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:09:48 PM

I do enjoy immersing myself in a good fantasy/sci-fi story and when I finish it the "back to reality" moment is usually quite a crash landing. However I wouldn't call myself gullible until last week when somebody broke into my email and stole all I had on polo and bittrex thus costing me about 20% of all I had made in crypto so far. I still wouldn't say I'm gullible in the sense OP speaks of - to trust other people, but more like in the sense I trusted my shitty password was enough to protect my money.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: