Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:29:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: This is the thread where you discuss free market, americans and libertarianism  (Read 33819 times)
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:24:53 PM

and who are you to say that im delusional? you believe that a large society can exist without a state. dream on dude.
Society is required before you can have a state, ergo of course it can exist without one. In fact, a State is a parasitic entity, itself. A rather devious one, as it takes over processes that the society would normally be able to handle itself.
can you read dude? is it more clear to you what i wrote now?
What does the size of the society have to do with it?
see dunbar number. Tongue

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 02:28:32 PM

and who are you to say that im delusional? you believe that a large society can exist without a state. dream on dude.
Society is required before you can have a state, ergo of course it can exist without one. In fact, a State is a parasitic entity, itself. A rather devious one, as it takes over processes that the society would normally be able to handle itself.
And? I'm not a communist.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:30:53 PM

the idea still applies, large societies needs structure(evil government) to function.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 02:32:57 PM

the idea still applies, large societies needs structure(evil government) to function.
Structure, yes. Evil government, no.

You still haven't researched AnCap in the least, have you?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:02:53 PM

Structure/Government, Potato/Potato.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 03:11:31 PM

Nope. Government has some very specific characteristics.
1. It claims a regional monopoly on the industries of justice and defense.
2. It enforces this monopoly with violence.
3. It provides some services to the populace living within it's regional monopoly without giving them the option of opting out.
4. It extracts payment for these services from the populace living within it's regional monopoly by force.

Structure can be provided to a society without those features.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:14:36 PM

3. It provides some services to the populace living within it's regional monopoly without giving them the option of opting out.
4. It extracts payment for these services from the populace living within it's regional monopoly by force.

bla bla bla, essentially: Potato/Potato.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 03:15:35 PM

Just ignore anything that disagrees with your opinion, huh?

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:17:48 PM

whatever man. Believe what ever makes you happy, its the same.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 03:24:46 PM

Whatever, man. Believe whatever makes you happy, it's not.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:12:09 PM

Dude, government is not a synonym for structure,

What you are doing here is like looking at a soccer game where some guy with a gun is forcing everyone to play by the rules of soccer and then interpreting this as evidence that the only way a game of soccer could ever be played is if there is someone with a gun who is willing to enforce the rules of soccer.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
FreedomEqualsRiches

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:24:15 PM

What is slavery?
If I own a slave, I can take their possessions, kill them, imprison them, reduce their freedom of mobility, as I see fit.
Now, I live under a government that can do all of these things, "legally", except for kill me.
50%+ of the money I earn winds up not paying for the goods and services I consume, but rather, winds up in the hands of the state.  That means 50%+ of my working life, I am working at the behest and for the profit of others, under threat of taking all my stuff and throwing me in prison, ergo, I am a slave, at least most of the labor I do is not for me, but for a master who holds a whip, and guns, and radios, and prisons.
You too are a slave, and no matter how you talk about how pretty the gilded bars of your prison are, you will remain a slave, and a willing one to boot.
Once you see the bars of the gilded cage, you cannot unsee them.
You would no doubt be happy in the "Village" from the show "The Prisoner".
Fool.

BTC: 1M7gCkPUQe76pAs4Ya6wM3ihqKHKA1TYB8
LTC: LYYC67qyVXnbvv11mYzcPREhVRgkmA8zz3
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 10:26:43 PM

If I own a slave, I can take their possessions, kill them, imprison them, reduce their freedom of mobility, as I see fit.
Now, I live under a government that can do all of these things, "legally", except for kill me.
All they have to do to kill you is call you a "terrorist," and suddenly it's "legal", too.

FreedomEqualsRiches

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:31:00 PM

All they have to do to kill you is call you a "terrorist," and suddenly it's "legal", too.

Yep.  You must be from the USA.  USA is a police state, but her citizens are the only ones I know of, as a bi-lingual Canadian born in the UK, who, at least some of them, understand liberty.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:32:59 PM

Yep.  You must be from the USA.  USA is a police state, but her citizens are the only ones I know of, as a bi-lingual Canadian born in the UK, who, at least some of them, understand liberty.

Most are trained to believe they're free simply because they live in America.  Thanks to this brainwashing, you get people like Viceroy, who believe "freedom" can only be achieved through being an American citizen.

I'm not kidding, either.  This is seriously what people believe here.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 10:36:52 PM

“Freedom requires effort if it is to be won and vigilance if it is to be maintained. People just don't value freedom until it is taken away.”
― Terry Goodkind, Faith of the Fallen

FreedomEqualsRiches

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:37:21 PM

Most are trained to believe they're free simply because they live in America.  Thanks to this brainwashing, you get people like Viceroy, who believe "freedom" can only be achieved through being an American citizen.

I'm not kidding, either.  This is seriously what people believe here.

Most Canadians, and Europeans, for that matter, don't seem to mind slavery, and approve of state-funded health-care, etc.  In the USA, it (according to the last election), seems to be a 50/50 split.  Bread and circuses, and all that.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 10:40:31 PM

Most Canadians, and Europeans, for that matter, don't seem to mind slavery, and approve of state-funded health-care, etc.  In the USA, it (according to the last election), seems to be a 50/50 split.  Bread and circuses, and all that.
The other half of Americans just want a different flavor of slavery.

FreedomEqualsRiches

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:42:50 PM

“Freedom requires effort if it is to be won and vigilance if it is to be maintained. People just don't value freedom until it is taken away.”
― Terry Goodkind, Faith of the Fallen

The gilded bars seem to have hypnotized most of the West, to the detriment of freedom.  In Canada, if I distill my own booze, the citizens will call me a bootlegger, and be happy to see me imprisoned.  If I grow more than 15 kilos of tobacco on my land, I am a criminal here, and don't get me going about self-defense, and gun ownership here.  Here, folk think guns are bad, as if an inanimate piece of metal can have values.

FreedomEqualsRiches

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 11:01:36 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2013, 12:24:02 AM by FreedomEqualsRiches

The other half of Americans just want a different flavor of slavery.

Most of the planet seems to be happy as slaves.  They think it is either slave or owner.  Watch as Koko completely ignores my point.  They would kill millions to ensure their grip on power, and have done so repeatedly, and we freedom lovers are labeled as extremists.  This is why I moved out to the woods, and do not subscribe to state-sponsored monopolies supplying electricity or water.  It's hard in Quebec, but my principles demand it.

Myrkul, Christ, Rassah, and others here, are real freedom lovers.
Koko, are you a slave, or a collaborator?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: