Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:12:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: README replies  (Read 10865 times)
Trillium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:05:09 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 07:17:51 PM by Trillium

Hi, dont know what to write here....got 24 Gh/s in 7950s....worked btc....now I need help about switch to ltc my rigs....come to most popular forum about crypto currency....is it enough to get status to write (+4hrs of wait)?And is it something more that I must do so that I can be forum member?

You must have at least 5 posts AND have been logged in for at least 4 hours Wink

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:18:56 PM

The post count to get out of Newbies was lowered from 5 to 1? I think that was a good change, basically everybody was making spam posts in the newbie forum to get up to five posts.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
HaLucyNation

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:26:07 AM

As a newbie to bitcoin, though a long-time fan of discussion forums, I find BitcoinTalk to be an extremely helpful and informative resource (and in particular, the Newbie Readme thread).  I look forward to learning from, and growing with, the other members of this board.
xmscr

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:32:32 AM

Hi, dont know what to write here....got 24 Gh/s in 7950s....worked btc....now I need help about switch to ltc my rigs....come to most popular forum about crypto currency....is it enough to get status to write (+4hrs of wait)?And is it something more that I must do so that I can be forum member?

How much did you invest in your config?
cet

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 01:06:31 AM

How much longer to get "unnewbied"? I believe I have followed the rules, and should be ok now. Perhaps there is a backlog since bitcoin is super popular now?

Since I just got out of the newbie status after joining today, I can explain how.  It's actually automated, you just have to be willing to be logged in for the four hours.  Here's a hint: you don't have to be active on the bitcoin forums that entire time, as long as you're logged in to the forum AND using your computer for something like surfing the internet, you'll get out of the newbie state.

So ... no requirement to post messages in the newbie board first?  I thought I read that posting was required before you migated to Jr. Member

/cet
hamburgapples

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:28:24 AM

Ahh, what to say?  I'm new here, and to the whole bitcoin process as a whole.  Why did I register here? Because I wanted to purchase some coin. So I register and try to PM someone and then find out that I have to post (and only in the Newbie section) and be logged in at least 4 hours before I can do that. I hope I understand that rule correctly and that this counts.
It seems that there is a greater possibility that newbies can be taken advantage of and while I guess that part of the newbie rule is so that we educate ourselves before we start wasting space in forums and PMing members I would think that any potential scammer would look for victims in this section.
For me, I usually will spend some time lurking to figure stuff out before very slowly wading in.  What I do hope is that this community doesn't carry an almost elitist or snobby hipster type mentality. I fear the, "If you're too stupid to understand this then don't waste my time" responses.
I'll try not too be lazy, Oh yes and I certainly will try my best to use the "search" function.

Ok, there was my newbie rant... Now let me in please!  Grin
bouf

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 11:44:20 PM

Several sentences.... I'm a long time lurker.  I downloaded one of the earliest versions of cgminer and managed to write a block on a cpu quite a while ago.  Since then I haven't had time to devote to mining, but I've been paying attention.  I bought at $12 last year from bitinstant; everything I could muster.  I'm glad I did.  Now I am in the position to buy a few rigs from canaryinthemine, who I've read enough on this forum to believe he is legit.  I only recently realized that he is moving some lightweight mining boards that I can make good use of.  And I have the BTC.  Now to see if I can get approved to post on the Group Buy #11 message thread.  Mad at myself for not reading the forums in the last week.  In four hours it will be 11:43.  The clock is ticking....  Is that a good enough excuse to get approved faster???
Thanks to the community as a whole, I've already learned a lot here and expect to learn much more.  Awaiting your question.  And PMing you now, thanks.

***Not figuring out how to PM on this platform, but I guess I have four hours to figure that out!  =)
Archi348

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 03:55:34 AM

Fairly recent convert to cryptocurrency.  Time to stop lurking and get active...kicking myself for not paying attention when I first heard the term bitcoin.  Currently mining the three primary currencies on a couple 7950s and a block eruptor (yes I know the ROI is terrible). But with a couple pcs that are normally on 24/7 anyway I figure a couple additional watts for some coin.  I figured i could stay home from the bar for a night and save enough to justify the Eruptor.  Looking more to mine and hold than to turn a quick profit anyway.

Any tips or recommendations for the the group buys on the big ASIC rigs?  It Seems to me that some of those have great potential for decent Ghs/$ even with some conservative forecasts for difficulty adjustments.
Dino50

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:30:49 AM

Hi!

How can I open a new thread? An advertisement in auction section?
spacey1

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:52:30 AM

I decided to stop lurking and join up.  FWIW (nothing, I guess) I think the 4 hour policy is a good deterrent to keep newbies from bothering members and administrators.  I am currently running a bfl60 with bfgminer.  I haven't updated to the new version (3.1.4) but plan to do that soon.
ixaeon

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:10:31 PM

Thank you for this free forum.  There is a lot of very useful information on here, and it seems to be the official source for a lot of bitcoin related matters.  Who runs the site?  Is our privacy as a whole being threatened by all the people that are posting their wallet addresses on here and making it easier to track transaction chains?  Is bitcointalk a member of PRISM?
jameslasvegas

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:37:56 PM

I have been lurking for a while and finally signed up. I need to find a good trusted network for a marketplace and develop some new contacts. I started mining over 6 months ago and have accumulated a decent amount of BTC and I want to start looking into trading/loaning. I also want to find a good place to start purchasing as well. Thanks for your consideration!
stlbitminer

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 06:00:35 AM

I just recently got into mining.
I've been watching bitcoin for a while now but rise and fall this past spring delayed my decision to get into bitcoin.
Where is the best place to buy/sell bitcoins?
Right now i'm using coinbase but their fees seem kind of high
garnett

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:59:26 AM

Thank you very much for setting up this thread. Excellent place for a first post. I wonder / hope this message is long enough to suffice. I'm very dedicated to Bitcoin. Its really great stuff.  Shocked
fallout330

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:21:45 AM

Thanks for the excellent guide, tysat!
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 10:00:17 AM

The post count to get out of Newbies was lowered from 5 to 1? I think that was a good change, basically everybody was making spam posts in the newbie forum to get up to five posts.

I think the post count requirement is still 5. The time requirement is still the same too. Where did you read that from?
tysat (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 11:24:14 AM

I think the post count requirement is still 5. The time requirement is still the same too. Where did you read that from?

All it takes now is 1 post and 4 hours elapsed from the time that post was made.
kirishitan

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 11:49:39 AM

I have a question:
This post must be substantial: at least several sentences.
I know what "several sentences" means, but this phrase doesn't tell exactly how many sentences has to be in a post to be counted as "substantial". 2 or 3, or more?
bigsky101

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 08:30:56 PM

Hi,

Apparently I need to post to the newbie thread to move over to the other threads.  I have a couple of questions and I would imagine these are substantial.  One is probably appropriate to this thread and the other probably belongs elsewhere. 

First, whenever I do an initial keyword search and I do a search again it will tell me that I must wait 90 seconds to search again.  This seems like an unusually high threshold.  I could understand if I was doing a search high query every few seconds or so but hitting this limit after the second search seems odd.  Is this the usual limit or is this because I'm a newbie? 

The reason I'm here is because I'm having difficulties using the stratum-mining-proxy written by slush.  The stratum-mining-proxy was working fine yesterday but it will not connect as of last night.  I would like to go to the appropriate forum but the search limit is too frustrating to find the appropriate forum.

It would also be fun to be a part of this forum as I have just started mining with bitcoins and would like to read and talk about the industry.

Thanks in advance. 
Sinewayv

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 05:08:00 PM

Fairly recent convert to cryptocurrency.  Time to stop lurking and get active...kicking myself for not paying attention when I first heard the term bitcoin.  Currently mining the three primary currencies on a couple 7950s and a block eruptor (yes I know the ROI is terrible). But with a couple pcs that are normally on 24/7 anyway I figure a couple additional watts for some coin.  I figured i could stay home from the bar for a night and save enough to justify the Eruptor.  Looking more to mine and hold than to turn a quick profit anyway.

Any tips or recommendations for the the group buys on the big ASIC rigs?  It Seems to me that some of those have great potential for decent Ghs/$ even with some conservative forecasts for difficulty adjustments.

Nice post Archi348, as a newbie, I shall quote you for my first post, as it is very similar to what I would write!

I have been reading the forums here for a while, enjoyed learning as I went along, and kept coming back here to check out more threads!  I could have joined earlier and got involved more... better late than never though!

Seems I am not the only one interested in the group buys, having looked at the mining dashboard at TGB, I am aware that USB BE's will most likely have a very hard time reaching ROI, and that the GB's for upcoming devices from KNCMiner and Cointerra could offer some protection against the huge jumps in difficulty over the next year.

I shall keep posting and be active until I can join a GB or start my own (I am aware of the trust issues, and will follow the guidelines of these forums with caution once I am member.) I have looked at several GB's to get an idea for how they are being done, and noticed that there sometimes is a significant surplus raised or that the math doesnt seem to add up (I guess this is partly due to BTC fluctuation, and manufacturer price drops.)

I hope to find a trustable, open, GB to join, or create one and show the full working for the Share pricing and relevant Hashing power it represents.

Big ideas for a newbie I know, but I see alot of closed GB's already, which is probably good news and I will try to emulate their success and strong points and improve if possible.

If I do create a group buy, or help with the admin for one, I aim to use that experience in further bitcoin projects, and may look to have a start-up as there are additional ideas I have in respect to the bitcoin market.

Thanks, PM me if this post interesting, and also if I have made some glaring mistake  Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: