Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:11:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Low bid orders and preparing for a crash (again).  (Read 2571 times)
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:04:40 PM

+1 last poster.

It's sound advice to put in at least one high sell order and one low buy order if you have sufficient founds. The prices fluctuate quite a bit every day, Why not be open for selling a few at 150 and buying at 50 (Or whatever number you see fit)?

Myself - I dont have enough founds for that sort of stuff, but find it entertaining to follow the upps and downs.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
dontek

Activity: 129

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:11:01 PM

Well shit. I guess the other day I placed an order if it went to $85 and apparently it did and I forgot I had the bid standing. Welp, I now own some more bitcoin. Hopefully it wasn't a stupid purchase and the price goes up a little bit more. I don't think we're done with teh high volitality quite yet so if they hit $100 again, I'm dumping and holding until the price dips down again. Stupid move on my behalf not paying attention to open orders.

Send me your Bitcoin and I will make sure to HODL it safe for you!
Malawi

Activity: 224

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:57:20 PM

Well shit. I guess the other day I placed an order if it went to $85 and apparently it did and I forgot I had the bid standing. Welp, I now own some more bitcoin. Hopefully it wasn't a stupid purchase and the price goes up a little bit more. I don't think we're done with teh high volitality quite yet so if they hit $100 again, I'm dumping and holding until the price dips down again. Stupid move on my behalf not paying attention to open orders.

Even though the market is heading downwards, there are huge swings. I'm sure you'we got your money back as the market is hovering just below 99 ATM.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
evolve (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:54:43 PM

your system wont work if it crashes big time

The orders are much heavier at the bottom in singles than they are at the top, if it crashes hard my cost basis will be low enough to profit on the bounce (or at the worse case, I have to carry a few BTC for the mid term).
flaab

Activity: 121

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:24:53 PM

I have all my current bids set at $40 and below, with my lowest bid set at $5.  Wouldn't be surprised to see all of them filled by the end of the month...

Do you have bids set in place for a crash? If so, where at, and when do you believe they will get filled?
I have at 5.01
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: