Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:32:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 250 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [TRST] WeTrust - For the People, By the People!  (Read 275470 times)
Anarchy101
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 05:20:51 AM

ETH has doubled so TRST's fund in bitcoin is significantly increasing, we are mooning, and get more rewards from campaigns.

When I donated my ETH the value of them was merely .014 BTC and now good god it's 0.022 BTC
Block_303

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 08:40:19 AM

@modernbuddha
I am not the official translator. But I have translated your two posts in the German thread. Looks better now  Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1782898.msg18179992#msg18179992

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1782898.msg18180197#msg18180197

clixcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 10:39:05 AM

ETH has doubled so TRST's fund in bitcoin is significantly increasing, we are mooning, and get more rewards from campaigns.

When I donated my ETH the value of them was merely .014 BTC and now good god it's 0.022 BTC

Yup Wetrust is running a very legend campaign and they are getting positive response from the giant of the crypto world. Surely everybody will be get satisfied when this token will hit the exchange. This will be best investment of the year.
redhero

Activity: 361

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 10:45:57 AM

Hi guys, please consider changing the rate at which ETH holders get their TRUST coins, to time/date of when you guys acquire the ETH funds and actually convert it.

All the investors on first and first week (90% of contributors to your crowdsale) will get significantly lower conversion rate to BTC due to current ETH Price. i.e. about 0.015 btc/eth, even though you guys have ETH still, not BTC converted at that rate on that day. Hence, lower trust coins relative to the current ETH price.

It was also my understanding that ETH would be converted to BTC on that day but ETH was not converted to BTC because no access to the funds yet.

Here's a hypothetical scenario (presenting extreme case): if ETH value dropped to 0.0001 btc/eth, would the project have been continued even though the paper BTC was over 1000 btc, but real value was much below 1000 btc? I'm not sure, but that's the flip side of the coin.

There could be other things that you guys can think of to treat ETH funds fairly to the investors, but I think this decision is only for George since he is the CEO.

thanks.
though i invested both with eth and btc, I still think everybody should obey the original rules. IF eth price drop again, whether the complaining person will agree to  reduce their trust coin too?
jayohby

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 01:31:57 PM

Hi guys, please consider changing the rate at which ETH holders get their TRUST coins, to time/date of when you guys acquire the ETH funds and actually convert it.

All the investors on first and first week (90% of contributors to your crowdsale) will get significantly lower conversion rate to BTC due to current ETH Price. i.e. about 0.015 btc/eth, even though you guys have ETH still, not BTC converted at that rate on that day. Hence, lower trust coins relative to the current ETH price.

It was also my understanding that ETH would be converted to BTC on that day but ETH was not converted to BTC because no access to the funds yet.

Here's a hypothetical scenario (presenting extreme case): if ETH value dropped to 0.0001 btc/eth, would the project have been continued even though the paper BTC was over 1000 btc, but real value was much below 1000 btc? I'm not sure, but that's the flip side of the coin.

There could be other things that you guys can think of to treat ETH funds fairly to the investors, but I think this decision is only for George since he is the CEO.

thanks.
though i invested both with eth and btc, I still think everybody should obey the original rules. IF eth price drop again, whether the complaining person will agree to  reduce their trust coin too?

And if ETH drops to 0.000001 btc/eth? then funding campaign technically did not meet, and the team is not going to work for free on ramen noodles.
They're not going to pay out of pocket for the missing BTCs. team is not taking the risk because they can always refund back the ICO.

My only beef is that they have ETH that was not converted to BTC directly , like shapeshift would do; at least that's what i thought was going to happen.

jayohby

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 01:42:47 PM

This is something that an executive decision is needed.

I've seen the contribution wallet, and some people invested with 4,5k ethers. they're out 30 BTC worth from the exchange rate that the team would acquire the funds vs. the converstion btc rate that they would be getting.

There could be other solutions, rather than setting the exchange to the conversion rate at time of acquiring. However, currently, it's not fair to ETH investors who thought that the ETH would be converted to BTC directly into the team's wallet.

And if ETH goes to $1, it's not like the project will continue - they won't be able to hire enough developers for that money.
nickhiggins123

Activity: 283

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 02:26:52 PM

Apparently I have gone from Hero Member to Sr. Member within the last week, do I continue out the campaign as a hero member or am I able to upgrade my signature to increase stake/wk?
amintek15

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 02:33:49 PM

thanks.

And if ETH drops to 0.000001 btc/eth? then funding campaign technically did not meet, and the team is not going to work for free on ramen noodles.
They're not going to pay out of pocket for the missing BTCs. team is not taking the risk because they can always refund back the ICO.

My only beef is that they have ETH that was not converted to BTC directly , like shapeshift would do; at least that's what i thought was going to happen.

nah man stop crying, we should  continue with original rules. By investing your ETH it was like you have sold them, and you just sold them before ETH pump thats all..shit happens
Pipesnake
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 02:48:45 PM

Apparently I have gone from Hero Member to Sr. Member within the last week, do I continue out the campaign as a hero member or am I able to upgrade my signature to increase stake/wk?

Hey how can reverse system happen here?

from Hero to Sr Member ...LOL Grin Grin

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
jayohby

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 03:08:07 PM

thanks.

nah man stop crying, we should  continue with original rules. By investing your ETH it was like you have sold them, and you just sold them before ETH pump thats all..shit happens

except team still has ETH.

in the event of a crash, ICO would be refunded anyways so investors were carrying all the risks. we aren't talking about 10-20% gain/loss which we would understand.
soloasi

Activity: 477

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 03:18:53 PM

I've seen the contribution wallet, and some people invested with 4,5k ethers. they're out 30 BTC worth from the exchange rate that the team would acquire the funds vs. the converstion btc rate that they would be getting.

There could be other solutions, rather than setting the exchange to the conversion rate at time of acquiring. However, currently, it's not fair to ETH investors who thought that the ETH would be converted to BTC directly into the team's wallet.

And if ETH goes to $1, it's not like the project will continue - they won't be able to hire enough developers for that money.

i agree. But whats the min value ETH may drop to go into 'losses'?
jayohby

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 03:33:24 PM

i agree. But whats the min value ETH may drop to go into 'losses'?

it's hyptothetical so you can do the math , 50% from march 1 and ico value not met.

but I was led to believe that ETH would be converted immediately when I donated my money, if that is the case, then I would have no complaints because that's fair game.

Team will get the money only when they acquire it, which would be at least 30+ days from now. If the ETH value became much less than today, would the team continue with potentially 600 BTC ICO? that would probably fund the team for 1 year!

Who is guaranteeing the missing BTCs if the ETH crashes (anything can happen in crypto world)? Most likely, we would get a refund of ICO and ETH holders just get ETH back.

1368.0 / 6000 BTC in the crowdsale page

BUT, real value of ETH Right now is 1907 BTC / 6000 BTC on market prices.

Again, there are many solutions to tackle this. I want a solution that would be fair to everyone, but I have to assume that majority of ETH investors who contributed on first day are not happy at all.
modernbuddha (OP)

Activity: 434

Strategy & Operations at WeTrust

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 05:37:55 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2017, 12:41:19 AM by modernbuddha

Here at WeTrust, we believe that the blockchain can be used for social good. As a demonstration of our commitment to that mission, we recently organized a Trusted Charity Circle (inspired by Trusted Lending Circles) on the WeTrust platform. Here’s how it works:

1. During each week of the Charity Circle, each member will contribute 5 Ether into the pool
2. One member of the group will be selected at random as the winner of the Ether pool each week, with no member winning the pot more than once
3. The recipient of the funds for that week then donates the proceeds to a charity of their choice
4. Over the course of the 5 week period, every week each person ends up contributing 25 Ether to the charity of their choice

The purpose of taking these actions above, is to demonstrate for the first time that the WeTrust Platform is capable of supporting similar use cases where participants collaborate transparently as a group in a financial endeavor, contributes tokens, and receives tokens distributed back to them over time, without the need for a trusted third party. One can imagine all the new ways application developers will use these improved capabilities to build decentralized applications.

We’re very lucky to have some major movers and shakers in the blockchain world generously agreeing to participate in our Trusted Charity Circle. Thank you: Matthew Roszak of Bloq/ Tally Capital, Jeremy Gardner of Blockchain Capital/ Auger, David Johnston of Factom, Emin Gun Sirer of Cornell, and George our co-founder!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬║WeTrust.io║▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BITCOINTALK THREADSLACKYOUTUBEBLOGMEDIUMTWITTERGITHUBTELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬║COLLABORATIVE SAVINGS AND INSURANCE PLATFORM, POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN║▬▬▬▬
WeTrustMivsam

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Global Partnerships & Research @ WeTrust.io

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 06:32:38 PM

Hey how can reverse system happen here?

from Hero to Sr Member ...LOL Grin Grin

@Pipesnake: Truthfully, Hero and Sr. get the same stakes, so it doesn't really matter, we can just leave it as is Smiley

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬║WeTrust.io║▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
║COLLABORATIVE SAVINGS AND INSURANCE PLATFORM║
WeTrustMivsam

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Global Partnerships & Research @ WeTrust.io

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 06:37:53 PM

@modernbuddha
I am not the official translator. But I have translated your two posts in the German thread. Looks better now  Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1782898.msg18179992#msg18179992

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1782898.msg18180197#msg18180197

@Block_303: Thank you for your initiative Smiley I've added you as a moderator, hope it's OK.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬║WeTrust.io║▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
║COLLABORATIVE SAVINGS AND INSURANCE PLATFORM║
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 07:36:33 PM

I agree stick with the original rules you never know value wise which way btc or eth will go keep it the same

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
jayohby

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 08:07:40 PM

again, there are ways to tackle this complaints in other ways.

i.e. team giving up portions of their assigned trustcoin stakes to the early ethereum investors. This way, bitcoin investors do not lose out, and the team do not lose out as well - because they, in fact, collected more funds than they got on paper.

majority of us invested early because we believe in this project and wish success, but in both extreme cases of bull ETH vs bear ETH, investors lose both ways because for case of bear ETH, team could just refund the ICO noting the funds did not meet cap upon acquiring.
jovan85

Activity: 1239
Merit: 562

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 12:01:25 AM

$2m USD has been raised and still counting the community is showing their trust on this great project. congratulation for this achievement I'm quite sure they will achieve their goal in prior time.

Congrats on reaching 2 million dollars,its a good feat at this point of time.

Future of this coin is fabulous
modernbuddha (OP)

Activity: 434

Strategy & Operations at WeTrust

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 12:03:40 AM

$2m USD has been raised and still counting the community is showing their trust on this great project. congratulation for this achievement I'm quite sure they will achieve their goal in prior time.

Congrats on reaching 2 million dollars,its a good feat at this point of time.

Future of this coin is fabulous

@jovan85: Thanks for the support! You better believe it Tongue

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬║WeTrust.io║▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BITCOINTALK THREADSLACKYOUTUBEBLOGMEDIUMTWITTERGITHUBTELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬║COLLABORATIVE SAVINGS AND INSURANCE PLATFORM, POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN║▬▬▬▬
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 12:05:54 AM

I am anticipating everyday the total contribution on this project but somehow it stopped on the third day . Where can I find the statistics of BTC contribution for WeTrust?

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 250 »
  Print  

Jump to: