Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:14:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Boston Marathon Explosions  (Read 14993 times)
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2130

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:13:35 PM

There was a ton of shrapnel. That's why everyone's legs were blown off. CNN reported that doctors were pulling ball bearings out of the runners legs.

New conspiracy theory: Runners were robots.

I did a google search on "Boston false flag". It's already out there and it's about as lame as you'd expect.

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:19:15 PM

There was a ton of shrapnel. That's why everyone's legs were blown off. CNN reported that doctors were pulling ball bearings out of the runners legs.

I did not know that. Ball bearings are common shrapnel for an IED. It must have been improperly oriented then. With shrapnel it should have killed dozens. Many of the victims I saw running away showed signs of blast injuries rather than shrapnel wounds. The blast can blow your clothing off without a drop of blood being spilled.
I also wonder about the explosive used. It looked to me to be consistent with propane. A yellow-orange flame with bright white smoke. Some high explosives, like Semtex (RDX), also look like that. If it was an "HE" bomb, then this was something big. Few people can get something like C4.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:22:46 PM

I'll trust a running coach before I trust the government-media complex. YMMV.

UM Coach: Bomb Sniffing Dogs, Spotters on Roofs Before Explosions

University of Mobile’s Cross Country Coach, who was near the finish line of the Boston Marathon when a series of explosions went off, said he thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.

"They kept making announcements to the participants do not worry, it's just a training exercise," Coach Ali Stevenson told Local 15.

Stevenson said he saw law enforcement spotters on the roofs at the start of the race. He's been in plenty of marathons in Chicago, D.C., Chicago, London and other major metropolitan areas but has never seen that level of security before.

"Evidently, I don't believe they were just having a training exercise," Stevenson said. "I think they must have had some sort of threat or suspicion called in."

CNN reports a state government official said there were no credible threats before the race.

Stevenson had just finished the marathon before the explosions. Stevenson said his wife had been sitting in one of the seating sections where an explosion went off, but thankfully she left her seat and was walking to meet up with him.

"We are just so thankful right now," Stevenson said.

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 07:27:39 PM

"They kept making announcements to the participants do not worry, it's just a training exercise,"

It's always "just a training exercise." And your son died in a "training accident."  Angry

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Severian

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:28:17 PM

It's always "just a training exercise." And your son died in a "training accident."  Angry

Liars never change their tune if it keeps working.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:28:48 PM

Just happened to be a training exercise...hoo boy.  "We're lying to you for your own good," more like it.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 07:33:53 PM

Few people can get something like C4.

It was available on Silk Road's armory section not too long ago, before that was taken down.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5208
Merit: 13013

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:49:09 PM

It was available on Silk Road's armory section not too long ago, before that was taken down.

"Breaking news: Terrorist-operated Bitcoin currency behind the Boston attack."

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 07:49:14 PM

I saw that too, but it was more than likely a scam. Even underground it is hard to find C4. That stuff is HIGHLY controlled.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:54:17 PM

Wow, that's crazy. Getting a machine guns, RPGs, or hand grenades are easy compared with plastique. If it was C4 there will be clues. Batches of C4 are chemically tagged and the source of each batch can be tracked.  

EDIT: Now it is being described as a "pressure cooker" design. So, I'm guessing it was an ampho bomb.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 08:35:13 PM

I saw that too, but it was more than likely a scam. Even underground it is hard to find C4. That stuff is HIGHLY controlled.

I read an article where the reporter contacted one of the people selling C4, and asked if she could order 100lb of it. He made a comment like, "Wow, are you trying to blow up China?" but said that it may be possible, but not easy, and mentioned something about having military contacts in Europe or something. I forget the details.
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 08:40:08 PM

EDIT: Now it is being described as a "pressure cooker" design. So, I'm guessing it was an ampho bomb.

Oh god. Pressure bombs are for the suicidally stupid. You never know when (or if) it's going to blow, or what might set it off.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1038

Death to enemies!

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 09:04:19 PM

From the videos I saw it looks like improvised ANFO bomb. Never played with C4 or more easily available Semtex and I don't know. TNT even when extracted from WW2 and early cold war devices gives much cleaner blast, almost no smoke, only soil blasted in sky if the device was semi-buried.

For the attacker and his motives - I don't know. Many bombs placed in public event requires teamwork in most cases. Still the target makes no sense. Maybe Unabomber was released on parole? Cheesy

C4 have many alternatives, TNT is still used for "professional" made bombs. Never got deep enough in organic chemistry but I think there is nothing that prevents any properly equipped lab to make C4 when not producing LSD or meth. The thing that prevents widespread production of explosives is lack of market for explosives. There are much more junkies out there than bombers.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 09:26:13 PM

My theory is that this was an act of domestic terrorism.

Domestic intelligence terrorism, more like.

Almost makes you wonder if this was a coverup for the 9/11 report on torture released today. Or it could just be some wacko....

MysteryMiner
Legendary

Death to enemies!

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 09:53:45 PM

It was coverup on Justin Bieber concert.

There is finite number of days in year, coincidences of two events will happen. Like original "birthday attack" in crypto ("birthday attack" is not related to terrorism! Cheesy )

noedaRDH

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Finding Satoshi

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 10:40:26 PM

"Breaking news: Terrorist-operated Bitcoin currency behind the Boston attack."

Attacker is suspected to be Satoshi Nakamoto of Bitcoin fame!

Satoshi bought explosives from Silk Road!

Etc etc.

1NwGKiLcAngD1KiCCivxT6EDJmyXMGqM9q

Ask not what Bitcoin can do for you - ask what you can do for Bitcoin.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Death to enemies!

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:46:50 PM

But what if the bomber is caught and it turns out he purchased explosives with bitcoin from Armory or Black Market Reloaded?

The government will try to damage Bitcoin. Sheeple will turn away from Bitcoin. But the validity of Bitcoin as uncensorable and anonymous payment tool will be definitely proven to world.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:51:18 AM

But what if the bomber is caught and it turns out he purchased explosives with bitcoin from Armory or Black Market Reloaded?

The government will try to damage Bitcoin. Sheeple will turn away from Bitcoin. But the validity of Bitcoin as uncensorable and anonymous payment tool will be definitely proven to world.

I think it's a good thing.  Bitcoin needs to show it can do anything money can do.  The sheeple will be sheeple, so there's no use fighting them.  They'll either figure out their government doesn't have their best interests in mind, or they'll continue to be sheeple.

MysteryMiner
Legendary

Death to enemies!

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:20:52 AM

I think it's a good thing.  Bitcoin needs to show it can do anything money can do.  The sheeple will be sheeple, so there's no use fighting them.  They'll either figure out their government doesn't have their best interests in mind, or they'll continue to be sheeple.
Actually Bitcoin can do even more than money can do! And it is party the government's fault. Any bombings. People could not reach their goals under democracy and they turn to weapons. Not to mention the numerous wars and enemies the US government made in name of profit and world domination. The sheeple are always ready to absorb shrapnel in name of democracy.

Next reason for Bitcoin price bubble - people buying bombproof vests on SR with bitcoins.

Severian

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:29:17 AM

Almost makes you wonder if this was a coverup for the 9/11 report on torture released today. Or it could just be some wacko....

Maybe so.  I gave up trying to figure out what motivates the worst of people and concentrate on the rest. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: