Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 10:32:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will the price of Dogecoin be by the year 2020?  (Read 43448 times)
soros017

Activity: 238
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 11:58:31 PM

I am aware that Dogecoin has already been worth much more in earlier years, but it is still impressive that the currency remains among the top 20 in market capitalization. I think that the problem is that the trading volume is very low, and the number of companies investing in projects related to Dogecoin is also limited, compared to the top 10 in coinmarketcap.
BTCWise (OP)

Activity: 267
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 09:13:40 AM

The founder left this coin a long time ago and has left the community in a not so great manner. There was name calling involved calling the Bitcoin community a bunch of libertarian hos or something like that.

Hi INRI666, thanks for your feedback. First time I hear about this. The founder sounds like a real douche to me. At least people are still committed to the coin despite his actions. I wonder why he left?

BTCWise (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 10:59:32 AM

It's merged mind with Litecoin these days because lack of miner support.

What do you mean its merged with litecoin?
Sorry for all the questions Cheesy

BTCWise (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 08:14:35 AM

It's merged mind with Litecoin these days because lack of miner support.

What do you mean its merged with litecoin?
Sorry for all the questions Cheesy

It means it gets its hashing power from Litecoin. Don't be sorry, I'm learning all about cryptocurrencies too. It's very interesting.

That's very interesting. I guess its piggybacking off litecoins success in a way. Doge hasn't been doing so well lately, I wonder why this is? Do you perhaps have any insights into this.

I only started getting involved with crypto-currencies after receiving some bitcoins from a revenue sharing website I belong to. I think bitcoin is one of the best inventions since the internet.

Amadues

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 08:38:46 PM

now imagine by 2020, the price is lower, the difficulty is higher, (i am not sure about how mining reward works i think it is fixed), and the blockchain of Dogecoin is huge. in this case miners will quit, the full nodes disconnect, the security of the coin is compromised, with a couple of double spends it dies.

So in actual fact I don't think the coin has infinite supply in the real world. It does however have infinite supply based on the algorithm (hope you understand what I'm trying to say). If the miners eventually decide to stop mining the altcoin then that means the supply of dogecoin will be impacted and might even stop but then there will still be dogecoin in circulation.

Because of this dogecoins becomes scarce and as a result price gets affected positively because more people might start to deem the coin more valuable because of the limited supply that exist at that moment in time. So I think I might be going crazy Cheesy or I think the price of dogecoin will eventually increase when this happens.

Thanks for your feedback Red-Apple

p.s. your question belongs to altcoin speculation board by the way.

Sorry about this, how do I move the question to the right board?

if miners stop to mine... who will process the incoming transactions?
when this happens a coins is dead because no one could move the coins in the blockchain.

Yes infinite concept is not real, but you can call as "inflation". Basically number of doge coin will growth without a stop.
Only a fork with a limited supply could change this, but an hard fork means another coin Wink

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
BTCWise (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 08:48:14 PM

if miners stop to mine... who will process the incoming transactions?
when this happens a coins is dead because no one could move the coins in the blockchain.

Yes infinite concept is not real, but you can call as "inflation". Basically number of doge coin will growth without a stop.
Only a fork with a limited supply could change this, but an hard fork means another coin Wink

Oh snap dude, I forgot the fundamental reason why mining exist in the crypto world. Shit this is bad because people won't be able to buy sell dogecoins anymore when this happens.

So mining basically validates whether any transaction happened between two parties and without miners we can't validate any transaction? I AM WORRIED NOW Cheesy

Thanks for this Amadues, never even realized this.

googlebtc

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 02:35:09 AM

Dogecoin is altcoins old I am also holding it and I think they have a future that I see every coming commerce sites constantly being added dogecoin within their site, I think it will be more and more commerce sites will increase their volume and add new society for dogecoin least it pushing their prices
truimpheriues

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 05:10:05 AM

dogecoin in total suply is very big, if all coin circulation to market dogecoin can't incraese high price but can down price
is now dogecoin in USD price still stable,
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2017, 08:56:14 AM

Dogecoin is altcoins old I am also holding it and I think they have a future that I see every coming commerce sites constantly being added dogecoin within their site, I think it will be more and more commerce sites will increase their volume and add new society for dogecoin least it pushing their prices

i admit that i have also seen so many adoption cases for Dogecoin and real shops that are accepting Doge for their goods but you shouldn't only look at the exteriors from outside. you should see how many people are actually using them. they may have only 1 customer in every 2 months for all we know!

and besides this topic is about price of Dogecoin in the future. and the simple rule of supply and demand dictates that no matter how big the demand of Dogecoin gets in the future it can never compete with the huge supply of this coin hence Doge having lower and lower price.

--looking for signature--
addias

Activity: 244

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 01:23:43 PM

Has there been any new developments in Dogecoin? If the coin continues to evolve, I could see a price rise by 2020.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 11:53:58 AM

Has there been any new developments in Dogecoin? If the coin continues to evolve, I could see a price rise by 2020.

i am sorry but there is just no way that can happen!

no amount of development can save dogecoin from going down in price. and all the Doge supporters know this themselves too. that is why they always say 1 Doge = 1 Doge!

the amount of supply can never let the price go up, there is just too much dump taking place which is going to always be like a big pressure pushing down the price.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
BTCWise (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 12:07:48 PM

no amount of development can save dogecoin from going down in price. and all the Doge supporters know this themselves too. that is why they always say 1 Doge = 1 Doge!

the amount of supply can never let the price go up, there is just too much dump taking place which is going to always be like a big pressure pushing down the price.

I am starting to agree with everyone who says that dogecoin is dead or is moving in that direction. This thread has really taught me something about doge and its future. Its still a nice coin to have especially if you can get it for free but not to invest your money into it. I'll continue to support the coin in anyway possible. Price is still hovering between 19-21 satoshis

Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 12:12:25 PM

Unless there is some huge development, price is going to stay sideways.
Doge is still used for some gambling and to transfer some small amount of Bitcoin quickly, but I don't really see a price increase any time soon,
unless someone with a ton of money decides to pump the price a bit.

BTCWise (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 12:16:51 PM

Don't think this will ever happen. That person stands to loose too much money if (s)he does this.

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 04:58:36 PM

Unless there is some huge development, price is going to stay sideways.
Doge is still used for some gambling and to transfer some small amount of Bitcoin quickly, but I don't really see a price increase any time soon,

Doge has a subreddit, so any development would be announced there first:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/

They are more likely to go for social things though, sponsorships and so on, in order to increase awareness of the coin. The development is more about keeping wallets up to date and so on.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
bobmarley650
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:04:59 PM

20 Litoshi

bobbtc@protonmail.com / Working day and night
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:11:58 PM

I don't think Doge will ever rise to the moon, but I don't think it will fall to zero either. It's an accepted altcoin with $23,000,000 market cap, so I think it even might go up some day. My prediction for the year 2020 would be 100 Satoshis per coin, because this is the price this coin deserves IMO.
BTCWise (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 08:04:58 PM

My prediction for the year 2020 would be 100 Satoshis per coin, because this is the price this coin deserves IMO.

I agree this is the price this coin deserves. Would be awesome if it went up to 100 Satoshi per coin. Still thinking on whether I should use my coins or not.

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:45:49 AM

My prediction for the year 2020 would be 100 Satoshis per coin, because this is the price this coin deserves IMO.

I agree this is the price this coin deserves. Would be awesome if it went up to 100 Satoshi per coin. Still thinking on whether I should use my coins or not.

That may be realistic price for DOGE. I used to invest in this coin few years back when it was easy to predict jumps, at one point it was almost 200 satoshi but dont think he will go that again. Possibility is to go on 120, but would be huge success for doge, it should be double current price at the moment.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 09:10:21 AM

i doubt that dogecoin can ever see 100 satoshi again it means a 400% rise and doge is not one of those small altcoins with a thin orderbook. it requires a huge pump that we can not even imagine. and each year that passes price falls lower and lower which makes the 100 satoshi target ever farther away and harder to reach.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: