Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:58:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-24 - important message from Simon  (Read 1037 times)
Cameron1970 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:06:36 PM

I'm new, so I'm forced to post it here. Maybe anybody can copy&paste it at least to the following thread:
"Bitcoin Forum > Economy > Marketplace > Service Discussion > Bitcoin-24.com matching engine seems broken, site down".

Simon, the owner of bitcoin-24.com just explained on his facebook-page last night's hot wallet-activity:

---------
1. The transcations of today were requested withdrawals.
2. It was NOT a bitcoin-24-staff-member who sent the 465 btc to the hot wallet, but some user, for whatever reason.
So the pending withdrawal transactions were started automatically afterwards.
---------

A state of the Unon adress by myself Smiley

Simon is facing hard times atm. The criminal investigation department of the city of Bremen forced the bank to block the Euro-account in Poland.
There are 3 lawyers - one of them a lawyer of Mt.Gox, too - working to get things cleared.
Simon has held out the prospect that withdrawals in all currencies - except for EUR - could be managed asap, since it came out, that only the EUR-account is blocked; they're working right now on a specific withdrawal page and wait for instructions of their lawyers.

The trading engine had no significant problems until the day of the shutdown. The virulent video, on which transaction-doublings etc. are shown, is fake - according to Simon he contacted the user, checked his account and nothing extraordinary was found there.

Last but not least:
If - I say IF - the German authorities happen to realize the dimension of their action and decide to get Simon involved in a money laundering-trial, my urgent proposal would be for the bitcoin-24-users to unite and organize a coordinated defense. Otherwise it could take months if not longer to get the money back from the then closed accounts.

Stand by Simon, folks. I don't know him personally, but I'm finally convinced that he's a good guy, by far not a criminal. He's a young idealist facing a bunch of shit right now, and he's doing all day (and night) long what he can to clear things up.
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:22:16 PM

Here is the whole chat log:

http://pastebin.com/btZt178B
Cameron1970 (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:02:41 AM

Very good. Thanks!
anon24

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:29:54 PM

the address that paid into the hotwallet has sent money to it before, as well as another BTC24-related account, as i mentioned here

it seems very very odd that a non-BTC24-staff member would send HUNDREDS of BTC in several different transactions. what would possibly be the benefit to them?

can you show some evidence of where Simon has talked about contacting the poster of the bug video? it would be quite the coincidence for him to have hoaxed such a specific glitch 2 weeks before it actually started happening. edit: i have just read some of his newer posts on reddit (http://www.reddit.com/user/TAiS46) and seen it mentioned. regardless - i'm not sure i entirely believe him.

also interested in your first part about the BTC withdrawals being explained on the facebook page - i could see nothing there but have read it in the IRC log.

are you speaking on behalf of Simon here (as your title suggests)? your post suggests otherwise...
michaelGedi

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 09:15:20 PM

the address that paid into the hotwallet has sent money to it before, as well as another BTC24-related account, as i mentioned here

it seems very very odd that a non-BTC24-staff member would send HUNDREDS of BTC in several different transactions. what would possibly be the benefit to them?

can you show some evidence of where Simon has talked about contacting the poster of the bug video? it would be quite the coincidence for him to have hoaxed such a specific glitch 2 weeks before it actually started happening. edit: i have just read some of his newer posts on reddit (http://www.reddit.com/user/TAiS46) and seen it mentioned. regardless - i'm not sure i entirely believe him.

also interested in your first part about the BTC withdrawals being explained on the facebook page - i could see nothing there but have read it in the IRC log.

are you speaking on behalf of Simon here (as your title suggests)? your post suggests otherwise...

Yes please clarify - too many junior members here, myself included. I'm optimistic about things but we need to consolidate things - evidence, communication, updates etc

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
TCollar

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 09:26:31 PM

We know for sure there is a criminal investigation by the City of Bremen?

Could this be checked (not German so I don't know)

anon24

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 09:40:27 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2013, 10:21:33 PM by anon24

Yes please clarify - too many junior members here, myself included. I'm optimistic about things but we need to consolidate things - evidence, communication, updates etc
i was just thinking this myself, considering gathering all of the information so far and compiling it into one big forum or pastebin post that can be updated as and when necessary. trying to keep track is a ballache even if you're following the main thread, what with Simon posting on reddit, IRC, minimally on facebook and twitter yet nothing really on his site (or on this forum/thread, which is surely the biggest ongoing discussion). i know he has limitations on what he can say currently but making what he CAN share a lot more visible would go a long way.
SmithR

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 10:23:53 PM

When I saw that bitcoin-24 had now a account @ the German Commerzbank, I must say that I was surprised that such a bank understood a bitcoin trade company ...
Cameron1970 (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:09:59 PM

also interested in your first part about the BTC withdrawals being explained on the facebook page

From time to time he is commenting on user entries on his FB-page. In this thread he explained the transfers to the hot wallet the other day.

Quote from: anon24
are you speaking on behalf of Simon here (as your title suggests)?

No, I'm not. I had a short talk with him on his FB-page after closely watching all his recent comments on reddit. And taking all this together with my "investigations" on him, I've come to the conclusion which I posted before. Of course I might be wrong ...
Cameron1970 (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:32:16 PM

There's new information on the official website (in German so far).

And I contacted Mt.Gox.

I stick to it: Simon is not a criminal.
MegaBrutal

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:43:06 PM

And I contacted Mt.Gox.

I can't view the linked Mt.Gox communication, it says:

Request not found

You do not have access to request #75484. It may have been solved or deleted.

Please copy the message here.

BTC: 18nAftZTnH4LjY9fPPow1aF5tGD1JiF7ZH
LTC: LV9MiA3iPVUm8qRFYbLkARuoYwvmHwhWaC

Buy some Negro candies!
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2092

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:53:32 PM

Here's a board that should keep you up with the latest news.
http://board.btc24-help.com/

It's run by volunteers, but from what I've seen Simon has been in touch with them and posting on the board as well.

TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:23:29 AM

And I contacted Mt.Gox.

I can't view the linked Mt.Gox communication, it says:

Request not found

You do not have access to request #75484. It may have been solved or deleted.

Please copy the message here.

This is happening to me too, for all messages.

If anyone has any ideas or solutions, please could they post them here too:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190366.0

Thank you!  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: