Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 07:45:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt. Coin Ideas (Just for Fun)  (Read 963 times)
Crypto Canary (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:10:20 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2013, 06:15:46 AM by Crypto Canary

I've been lurking the bitcoin forums for the past few weeks, and have come up with a few alternate (parody) coin ideas. I think I've come up with some pretty good ones, tell me what you think! Cheesy

Here are my alt. coin ideas chronologically in the order that I thought of them:

0coin - Designed to be completely worthless. Like bitcoin, but with no difficulty increase, or reward decrease, thereby preventing it from disproportionally benefiting early adopters.

1Coin - Like 0coin, but the opposite. Only 1 coin (besides the 1 coin premine) will ever be mined. Difficulty targeted to mine 1 coin between "now" and the rest of eternity.
.000001 1CN bounty for the first PPC pool.

Poofcoin - Like 0coin, but maintains value by halving the number of poofcoins in each wallet every 4 years. Poof!

Rebitcoin - Basically Bytecoin. (Nuts, Bryan Mills stole my idea!)

Reccoin - Instead of coming up with a new currency to mine every so often when others get too difficult, why not just have every following mined coin be a new currency? This currency does exactly that. Every single mined RCC is a completely different currency, with its own separate blockchain. This not only keeps the blockchain very small, but also keeps the difficulty constant while maintaining value of the coin, because each new coin is technically worthless. However, each user can decide which Reccoin branch/family to mine (for example (Recoin #1 or #2) which is mined in a similar fashon to Litecoin. This allows users to create and mine their own specific coin when mining another gets too difficult, thereby eliminating the early adopter advantage or any accusations of a pyramid scheme. Each Reccoin is mined "vertically", creating a new currency, and then each numbered Reccoin can be mined "horizontally" like bitcoins.

Revcoin - With this coin, the rules of difficulty are reversed, so that there is no change based on the hash rate of the network, and the block reward doubles every 4 years until the maximum number of RVC is reached. This incentivizes cooptation, and spreading the word of Revcoin to increase the network hash power, so that the maximum reward can be achieved.

Commiecoin - Like Litecoin, but the amount in each wallet is averaged every 2016 blocks.

Super0coin - Designed to be valueless like 0coin, but even more useless. The way that they are mined is that any unique string of numbers is a valid S0C. To be specific, any number can be sent to the server, and will be rewarded with 1 S0C as long as that number hasn't been sent before. It is designed to mine at a rate of ∞ hash/sec, thereby giving everyone a level playing field.

Poolcoin - Like Litecoin, but with a built in pool; solo miners are paid for their shares PPLNS style. Transactions are continuously added to the blockchain, making them as fast as the network allows, instead of taking an arbitrary amount of time. PLC eliminates the need for pools, thereby eliminating another unnecessary centralization of power.

Antibitcoin - A coin mined by attempting a 51% attack against bitcoin. This means even if the attack is unsuccessful, the miners get paid with something at least.

Fiatcoin - Coin designed to be worth exactly 1 dollar - because I said so.

Trytecoin - Basically bytecoin, but again. Also addresses start with a 3. Gentlemen, start your ASICs!

Legitcoin - A totally radical crypto currency that's also completely serious and totally safe.

I plan on adding more ideas as I think of them, and if anybody has any other funny cryptocoin ideas, I'll add them to the list as well. I don't know how workable my coin ideas are (not that they should be), so I'd also like to hear feedback and discuss them. (But let's not make it too serious, shall we? Wink)
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:13:53 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=169581.0
faye

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:44:52 PM