Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:23:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would the UK miners please stand up!!  (Read 662 times)
hous (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:12:22 PM

Is there anyone in the UK willing to make me a mining rig?
I have a few orders with butterfly labs   Roll Eyes but in the mean time i want to learn more and get mining some coins.
       I understand i will not get my money back when asic are fully out but i could still use the cards for some other mining or games lol.

So is there any uk experts out there willing to teach me the mining trade.

I would like this rig top spec and i  can pay in bitcoin would have to be someone trusted.

Hope to hear from some 1  Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MashRinx

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:21:44 PM

Assuming you mean GPU mining, or mining with video cards, have you built a PC before?  If not, it's not as difficult as you may think and is a very good learning exercise that you probably won't regret either.  Although I won't discourage you if someone local is able to take you up on some offer, there are probably a lot of helpful miners on this forum who would be willing to answer at least some questions if that is your goal.

There have been a lot of "how to get started mining" and "besting mining hardware for..." questions posed recently with the increased Bitcoin interest recently, so you'll probably learn a ton just reading a few well-chosen posts with a decent number of responses.

There's quite a bit to learn, to be sure, but it's rewarding and a lot of fun....if you enjoy that kind of thing.

Good luck.
hous (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:39:52 PM

yes GPU mining!! i do have 120 g/h's [asic] coming but as you know that's a soar subject.

I have been trying learn and reading threads/ doc ect  but i am still not there.
I have played about with pc's much rather have one made tweaked to perfection.
but i do want to learn all the parts of mining  so if i upgraded any part or replaced them i could do it myself.

Hope to hear something soon.

Kind regards
MashRinx

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:59:38 AM

Okay, well, the key components for GPU mining is (obviously) the best price-to-hash ratio card (or cards) you can find, and the Power Supply you would need to power them.  For cards, my perdonal opinion is to buy the most expensive you can affotrd because you MAY be able to resell it later if you chose, but that is going to depend upon your personal budget and other factos.  Just about any motherboard with PCI express slots should work, as well as even the most inexpensive CPU you can probably find in a store today, and anything at or above 2 GB of RAM.

If your existing computer is one bought from a company like Dell, the problem you might find is the slot you would need to fit a GPU may not be there, or some of the connections that come off of the power supply are custom, so replacing them isn't easy.

Tell me a little more about what you have currently?  Manufacturer and model if it's a pre-built machine, or type of Motherboard, CPU, RAM, etc that you had built for you, and we'll go from there.
hous (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:18:24 AM

oh man i cant keep my eyes open any longer i hope to talk tomorrow Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: