Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:42:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrencies with SegWit and LN-style off-chain payment solutions  (Read 15771 times)
WarrEagle

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:53:09 PM

I'll have to use that term, pretty shit coiny. I like it.

DELETED
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:07:38 PM

GRS and litecoin are the only coins that have updated to 0.13 codebase to implement segwit, the rest of the coins are still on a older codebase version but only added segwit for HYPE. The rest is done for hype except for GRS and litecoin.

I checked it out.
1. Gulden is on par with BTC 0.13.1 and thus without segwit. No merges from Bitcoin Core detectable. One ugly big merge of everything: https://github.com/Gulden/gulden-official/commit/644391cc14a9e62bde0b6dcf07c7652c0a4e4757
2. Litecoin is on par with BTC 0.13.2 and thus with segwit. Last merges from Bitcoin Core date from dec 2016.
3. Groestlcoin is partial on par with BTC 0.14.0 and thus with segwit. Last merges from Bitcoin Core date from jan 2017.
4. Vertcoin is on par with BTC 0.13.2 and thus with segwit. Last merges from Bitcoin Core date from dec 2016.
5. Syscoin is on par with BTC 0.12.0 with segwit added. Last merges from Bitcoin Core date from 2015: https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin2/commits/master?after=61afb24a4955385fc30d52e1f56962c149b44ba0+734
Looks like they cherrypicked some stuff from 0.13 codebase but i could be wrong. Perhaps dev of Syscoin can enlighten us, he knows better.

Syscoin is on 0.13.2 not sure how you got 0.12.0.. i always rebase ive done it over 5 times now. Theres too much.code in syscoin to merge cleanly without getting messy between major versions so I start with btc and add sys stuff but I have a nice process and comment my code so its easy to locate and do the rebase.

How did you get your link?! Its like you picked some random commit from 2015 and showed that.. just goes to show you how long ive been coding it for.. thanks for reminding me Sad should be higher market cap imo

https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin2/commits/master
Altcoinfanatic

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:11:55 PM

GRS and litecoin are the only coins that have updated to 0.13 codebase to implement segwit, the rest of the coins are still on a older codebase version but only added segwit for HYPE. The rest is done for hype except for GRS and litecoin.

I checked it out.
1. Gulden is on par with BTC 0.13.1 and thus without segwit. No merges from Bitcoin Core detectable. One ugly big merge of everything: https://github.com/Gulden/gulden-official/commit/644391cc14a9e62bde0b6dcf07c7652c0a4e4757
2. Litecoin is on par with BTC 0.13.2 and thus with segwit. Last merges from Bitcoin Core date from dec 2016.
3. Groestlcoin is partial on par with BTC 0.14.0 and thus with segwit. Last merges from Bitcoin Core date from jan 2017.
4. Vertcoin is on par with BTC 0.13.2 and thus with segwit. Last merges from Bitcoin Core date from dec 2016.
5. Syscoin is on par with BTC 0.12.0 with segwit added. Last merges from Bitcoin Core date from 2015: https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin2/commits/master?after=61afb24a4955385fc30d52e1f56962c149b44ba0+734
Looks like they cherrypicked some stuff from 0.13 codebase but i could be wrong. Perhaps dev of Syscoin can enlighten us, he knows better.

Syscoin is on 0.13.2 not sure how you got 0.12.0.. i always rebase ive done it over 5 times now. Theres too much.code in syscoin to merge cleanly without getting messy between major versions so I start with btc and add sys stuff but I have a nice process and comment my code so its easy to locate and do the rebase.

I stand corrected, sorry for that! So:
1. Gulden is on par with BTC 0.13.1 and thus without segwit. No merges from Bitcoin Core detectable. One big rebase: https://github.com/Gulden/gulden-official/commit/644391cc14a9e62bde0b6dcf07c7652c0a4e4757
5. Syscoin is on par with BTC 0.13.2 with segwit added. Syscoin rebases from time to time instead of merging Bitcoin Core.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:32:25 PM

Not to wander too far off-topic, but I wouldn't touch Gulden with a 33 and a half foot pole. Big premine (10%) that was supposed to be for air drop to Dutch people, but then after launch the dev(s) decided to just keep it for themselves and use as they see fit. Also, emission was slashed after launch, so that big premine (10% of total coins) makes up an even larger percent of available supply (I think ~40% of current supply). And if you go ask any questions in their unlocked speculation thread you tend to get no serious answers, just attacked by several trolls with memes and juvenile insults. All this for a Litecoin clone makes it seem...pretty shit coiny.

careful your jealousy is showing again, gulden wallet is way better than anything your pet groestl shitcoin has.
gulden has a lot more unique code in it than most other coins here but you want to call it a clone while praising crap like groestl? give us some of the shit you are smoking mate it must be real good

Gulden speculation trolls are leaking  Roll Eyes Of the coins mentioned in this thread, I own some Groestl, but more in terms of USD or BTC value of Vertcoin and Litecoin. I was just stating some facts about why I wouldn't hold any Gulden, and rather than refute those facts, you just...did what it is you do.

I believe another couple coins that are on latest Bitcoin codebase are Huntercoin and Namecoin, but I don't think either supports or plans to support segwit.
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:39:20 PM

I'm going to write all the names of coins mentioned on this thread and then I'm going to make absolutely fucking sure I

NEVER buy any of them.
Altcoinfanatic

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:48:54 PM

I'm going to write all the names of coins mentioned on this thread and then I'm going to make absolutely fucking sure I

NEVER buy any of them.

Bitcoin.

Just fooling around. You are in the altcoin section, what do you expect to hear?
RodgerRabbit

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 03:24:06 PM

Please stay away from Gulden, it's the one coin that isn't corrupted and has done more development then basically every other coin besides Ethereum. This is a fact and why they surviving and prospering without the need for bitcointalk Pump and dumpers, scammers and con artists.

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 04:05:47 PM

Groestlcoin (GRS) was the first with SegWit activated.

Someone already did it?  And the price didn't skyrocket?  Dude, that sucks!!!

Top banter!

Segwit has to be the most over-rated thing ever.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 04:07:03 PM

Someone already did it?  And the price didn't skyrocket?  Dude, that sucks!!!

Top banter!

Not at all see my comment upthread
Altcoinfanatic

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:40:03 PM

Someone already did it?  And the price didn't skyrocket?  Dude, that sucks!!!

Top banter!

the alts that are going on about segwit are all ones that are too useless to do any development of their own so thats all they can do copy segwit and hype the shit out of a non event. none of them need or will use it, as if anyone would ever buy anything using a 'groestlcoin' what a fucking joke.

Malcolm (Mani) why are you using this sockpuppet account?
I looked up Syscoin and Groestlcoin and they actually have good development. Calling them shit will not make Gulden better.
Go back to work on prime. When it comes to development Gulden will loose from Syscoin and Groestlcoin.
Syscoin has a amazing market what Gulden does not have.
Digibyte has an amazing community, even bigger than Gulden.
Groestlcoin, they got all the toys.

Gulden does not even have a ios wallet for fuck sake. Who is fooling who? Truth being told, i hold some syscoin and thinking to buy some groestlcoins also. Nothing wrong in diversifying coins.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 06:03:19 PM

Lol don't drag me into this shit please. I have exactly two accounts, this one and poptartcat which I started start Nyancoin thread (the real #1 shitcoin without segwit). Groestl does have an iOS wallet I believe though.
Altcoinfanatic

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 07:02:26 PM

Top banter!

the alts that are going on about segwit are all ones that are too useless to do any development of their own so thats all they can do copy segwit and hype the shit out of a non event. none of them need or will use it, as if anyone would ever buy anything using a 'groestlcoin' what a fucking joke.

I looked up Syscoin and Groestlcoin and they actually have good development. Calling them shit will not make Gulden better.
Go back to work on prime. When it comes to development Gulden will loose from Syscoin and Groestlcoin.

Gulden does not even have a ios wallet for fuck sake. Who is fooling who? Truth being told, i hold some syscoin and thinking to buy some groestlcoins also. Nothing wrong in diversifying coins.

u confused mate? only sock puppet here is you (jwinterm), why you keep making claims with no proof? none of the coins you just mentioned have an ios wallet so u must be high

This thread is about coins with segwit. Gulden has no segwit. So no Gulden talk (positive or negative) here.
Lets move on to the Gulden thread
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 10:07:59 PM

Top banter!

u confused mate? only sock puppet here is you (jwinterm), why you keep making claims with no proof? none of the coins you just mentioned have an ios wallet so u must be high
Blockmarket will cross compile to android ios web and desktop applications.. that is syscoins next big release. We are doing away with qt and are working on web frontend and works cross platform
JwJimJim

Activity: 146
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 02:27:47 AM

Top banter!

Blockmarket will cross compile to android ios web and desktop applications.. that is syscoins next big release. We are doing away with qt and are working on web frontend and works cross platform

It will be a centralized Web wallet ?
JwJimJim

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 02:36:27 AM

Lol don't drag me into this shit please. I have exactly two accounts, this one and poptartcat which I started start Nyancoin thread (the real #1 shitcoin without segwit). Groestl does have an iOS wallet I believe though.

GRS has no competition when it comes to copying code. Syscoin has innovation which makes it more appealing.  a few more big hitters like psychoticboy behind GRS and the price will be able to get pumped much higher in the future.

This last couple of days you saw the power of having psychoticboy backing us on the exchanges. Imagine with 5 users with psychoticboy purchasing power.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 02:42:53 AM

Top banter!

First release will be desktop version but a web wallet will allow zero knowledge authentication where you can login using your alias password and login scrypt derives your key used to decrypt/encrypt and sign tranaactions in the browser. People can also host web wallets to earn fees. Others may host their individual markets and people can login and pay without a wallet in all cases.

We are targeting ease of use.. hiding all of the cryptography and allowing your grandma to use it.
JwJimJim

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 03:49:43 AM

Top banter!

First release will be desktop version but a web wallet will allow zero knowledge authentication where you can login using your alias password and login scrypt derives your key used to decrypt/encrypt and sign tranaactions in the browser. People can also host web wallets to earn fees. Others may host their individual markets and people can login and pay without a wallet in all cases.

We are targeting ease of use.. hiding all of the cryptography and allowing your grandma to use it.

Your coins will be located on a centralized server like an exchange and use any Web interface to get access to them with a alias? Does sound easy but how will it differ from a bank where there is more safety nets ?
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 09:21:52 AM

Top banter!

Your coins will be located on a centralized server like an exchange and use any Web interface to get access to them with a alias? Does sound easy but how will it differ from a bank where there is more safety nets ?
You control your own coins and are youe own bank.. either with wallet which has PKI built in or via pw. Syscoin aliases are identities onchain there is no central bottleneck here not sure what part confused you?

Coins are on blockchain.. signing can happen thru 0 knowledge auth
Ayers
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1023

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 10:19:37 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2017, 10:03:04 AM by Ayers

i'm wondering if there is any point for these coins to have segwit, are they aware what segwit is about? i don't remember these coins have all the capacity problem that is affecting bitcoin, segwit will not do anything to help them grow for now, they lack the users base which is more important than their block limit, and they block limit is for now fine

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.SIGN UP.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 04:29:30 PM

i'm wondering if there is any point for these coins to have segwit, are they aware what segwit is about? i don't remember these coins have all the capacity problem that is affecting bitcoin, segwit will not do anything to help them grow for now, they luck the users base which is more important than their block limit, and they block limit is for now fine
You need to understand software to make this claim. All non segwit btc forks will die off after btc activates segwit.. its as simple as that. Merge mined segwit coins will have rhe best results because sidechains will require merge mined chains to do cross chain transfers via assets. Currently only one coin i know of in this category so far but I expect all of them will be later on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: