Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:11:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrencies with SegWit and LN-style off-chain payment solutions  (Read 15771 times)
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:27:34 PM

Syscoin activated with hardfork not softfork.
Digibyte is testing SegWit signalling before wallet release.
Viacoin is testing SegWit signalling before wallet release.
Litecoin signalling increased.
Bitcoin signalling increased.

Segwit is the future
It was a non contentious fork related to a mandatory protocol upgrade for an unrelated issue. Segwit was already active prior to the upgrade
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Altcoinfanatic

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:30:29 PM

Segwit is the future
It was a non contentious fork related to a mandatory protocol upgrade for an unrelated issue. Segwit was already active prior to the upgrade

Thank you for the clarification!
Can you tell us more about the non contentious fork? (ELI5 what happend and how did you fix it?)
Also when was Segwit activated? Are you the first altcoin that activated it?
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:40:31 PM

OP should update this list. Litecoin has more than 53% now. I think it's not going to be enough with f2pool, it only needs a couple pools more to activate, since the activation it's at 75%.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:41:39 PM

Segwit is the future
That's true. Without any opposing segwit will serve as the future case activation for most of the altcoins. Now it has gained strength than the conteginous split of chained structure​d frame. This are the coins that are​going to pump and provide wealth to its adopters.
d5000 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6197

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 09:56:08 PM

Updated (Litecoin, Bitcoin, Syscoin, Digibyte, Viacoin).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 10:10:01 PM

See my 2 latest comments in there
ohac

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 02:14:59 PM

Monacoin
http://mona-coin.com/segwit.html
JwJimJim

Activity: 146
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:25:11 PM

GRS and litecoin are the only coins that have updated to 0.13 codebase to implement segwit, the rest of the coins are still on a older codebase version but only added segwit for HYPE. The rest is done for hype except for GRS and litecoin.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:51:34 PM

GRS and litecoin are the only coins that have updated to 0.13 codebase to implement segwit, the rest of the coins are still on a older codebase version but only added segwit for HYPE. The rest is done for hype except for GRS and litecoin.

This is false. Vertcoin is on 0.13 codebase and signaling for several weeks. Presumably Syscoin and monacoin have upgraded as well since I think they both hardforked to activate segwit. And I believe guldencoin is on v0.13 and they just choose to not activate segwit at all.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 10:48:13 PM

Dumbest post ive ever read in my life. Whitepaper.syscoin.org
WarrEagle

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:49:58 AM

From what I've seen so far:

Litecoin, Viacoin, iXcoin, i0Coin.  In that order. 

I'm sure there will be others. 

You missed SYS there bud.

DELETED
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:58:25 AM

This thread is hilarious, it's like some kind of next level what Alcoin should I buy for ledgendary members. Lol

Do people forget the Microsoft Azure BS where any coin on it got pumped until no one gave a shit. Segwit is an issue for BTC not really alts anyway. Some of the shitty cons being mentioned here is just too funny.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:43:40 AM

This thread is hilarious, it's like some kind of next level what Alcoin should I buy for ledgendary members. Lol

Do people forget the Microsoft Azure BS where any coin on it got pumped until no one gave a shit. Segwit is an issue for BTC not really alts anyway. Some of the shitty cons being mentioned here is just too funny.

Ct, assets, schnor sigs, tree sigs, witness comittments and others say you are wrong. Infact  those that arent on segwit and are btc clones will be dead in a few years.

Btw sys pumped on azure but its one of a few coins to take the relationship further.. so there was substance there.
JwJimJim

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 06:58:37 AM

This is false. Vertcoin is on 0.13 codebase and signaling for several weeks. Presumably Syscoin and monacoin have upgraded as well since I think they both hardforked to activate segwit. And I believe guldencoin is on v0.13 and they just choose to not activate segwit at all.

I read up on Gulden last night , it looks like they were the first to update to 0.13 along with many other features, I am surprised this coin isn't talked about much on bitcointalk.  They doing a project called Prime which might be the reason they didn't implement segwit.

Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 07:12:39 AM

I read up on Gulden last night , it looks like they were the first to update to 0.13 along with many other features, I am surprised this coin isn't talked about much on bitcointalk.  They doing a project called Prime which might be the reason they didn't implement segwit.

im surprised you think anyone would take you seriously with your sockpuppet account and sudden interest about some shitcoin...
JwJimJim

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:01:21 AM

I read up on Gulden last night , it looks like they were the first to update to 0.13 along with many other features, I am surprised this coin isn't talked about much on bitcointalk.  They doing a project called Prime which might be the reason they didn't implement segwit.

im surprised you think anyone would take you seriously with your sockpuppet account and sudden interest about some shitcoin...

GRS and Syscoin are my favourites. I never brought up Gulden, jwinterm did.
Altcoinfanatic

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:17:15 AM

Remove these as it is just rumours and nothing concrete:

- iXcoin (no exact info found)
- i0coin (planned, "next update")
- Stratis (no exact info found)
emdje

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2017, 11:22:17 AM

SegWit is not the only solution for high numbers of transactions. GameCredits has been tested up to 75.000 transactions per seconds and holds perfectly under that stress. The advantage of SegWit is the blocksize though.
Altcoinfanatic

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:33:31 PM

I checked it out.
1. Gulden is on par with BTC 0.13.1 and thus without segwit. No merges from Bitcoin Core detectable. One ugly big merge of everything: https://github.com/Gulden/gulden-official/commit/644391cc14a9e62bde0b6dcf07c7652c0a4e4757
2. Litecoin is on par with BTC 0.13.2 and thus with segwit. Last merges from Bitcoin Core date from dec 2016.
3. Groestlcoin is partial on par with BTC 0.14.0 and thus with segwit. Last merges from Bitcoin Core date from jan 2017.
4. Vertcoin is on par with BTC 0.13.2 and thus with segwit. Last merges from Bitcoin Core date from dec 2016.
5. Syscoin is on par with BTC 0.12.0 with segwit added. Last merges from Bitcoin Core date from 2015: https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin2/commits/master?after=61afb24a4955385fc30d52e1f56962c149b44ba0+734
Looks like they cherrypicked some stuff from 0.13 codebase but i could be wrong. Perhaps dev of Syscoin can enlighten us, he knows better.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:47:11 PM

I read up on Gulden last night , it looks like they were the first to update to 0.13 along with many other features, I am surprised this coin isn't talked about much on bitcointalk.  They doing a project called Prime which might be the reason they didn't implement segwit.

GRS and Syscoin are my favourites. I never brought up Gulden, jwinterm did.

Not to wander too far off-topic, but I wouldn't touch Gulden with a 33 and a half foot pole. Big premine (10%) that was supposed to be for air drop to Dutch people, but then after launch the dev(s) decided to just keep it for themselves and use as they see fit. Also, emission was slashed after launch, so that big premine (10% of total coins) makes up an even larger percent of available supply (I think ~40% of current supply). And if you go ask any questions in their unlocked speculation thread you tend to get no serious answers, just attacked by several trolls with memes and juvenile insults. All this for a Litecoin clone makes it seem...pretty shit coiny.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: