Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 03:39:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Just wondering what pairs do you trade?
BTC-USDT
BTC-ETH
BTC-XMR
BTC-ZEC
BTC-LTC

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Pair to trade with Bitcoin? BTC-USDT or BTC to Altcoins?  (Read 5224 times)
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 12:10:36 PM

don't try to restrict yourself like this and definitely don't try too hard for finding a relationship between bitcoin price and altcoins. you will be surprised how many times you are going to be wrong.
you can see that for example ethereum has been staying up with all the manipulations, then you see another altcoin that were supposed to go up is going down.

in short, it is best if you stick to bitcoin these times that you can't speculate then come back when things settled down. for example when price of an altcoin was dumped hard you can enter at the bottom and enjoy the rise.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
thecodebear

Activity: 2156
Merit: 825

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:34:34 PM

I have always traded in altcoins, but I've always in the end lost Bitcoin when doing this. Altcoin market is too unpredictable. Now that I've bought a good amount of Bitcoin, an amount that I'm pretty comfortable with I figure why risk anymore, right?!

I'll still trade a little bit in altcoins just because yea sure when you happen to pick the right coin you can easily get a nice profit. But I'm gonna move a little new money into USD on an exchange and just start trading Bitcoin/USD. With the goal being making USD rather than making Bitcoin. Making BTC is high risk, high reward. And making USD is low reward, BUT its essentially zero risk. No matter where I buy in I know I will be able to sell for higher, cuz it's BTC we are talking about, not some random altcoin against BTC. Should be fun just to trade with basically zero risk. Just try to maximize profits even though the profits won't be that big. Will be a lot less nerve wracking than trading alts.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: