Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:17:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PEPECASH] 🐸 Pepecash / RarePepe 🦄 Spepeculation Topic  (Read 33464 times)
Scrotum

Activity: 119
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 10:37:06 AM

Pepecash isn't the first meme asset, there was MIC on NXT nearly three years ago,

https://nxtforum.org/assets-board/(ann)(micoin)the-most-interesting-coin-in-the-world-pure-90-pom/

It lasted for over a year, then got merged with another token, that still exists, but is worthless, but coz it's secured by NXT blockchain that worthless token is secured forever, nobody can steal your worthless assets and MS currencies on NXT, same as pepecash on counterparty.

Value comes from supply and demand, creating assets secured by blockchain platforms like NXT and XCP is nothing special, anyone can do it, I think the fee on NXT is under $10.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 03:01:22 PM

I like this coin for its steady rise. It is not like other coins in poloniex or yobits where pumpers increases more than 100% in a day. You can be sure that the price won't crash suddenly after a day.
I feel we could see 1,000 satoshi by May this year.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 04:00:01 PM

Good fundamentals + crap meme = doge = short term hype followed by crash

Pepe is a crap meme also, it does not have universal appeal, those pushing pepe want your money, don't be an idiot. If you really want a sustainable long term decentralised asset look for things with universal appeal.

+1
afaik there isn't a pepe game to play, just collect the cards, and that'll get boring pretty quickly. Pepe is a ponzi, so some will make some $$, but most will lose.

A better alternative is Crypto Kingdom, it has a purpose, same appeal as Monopoly game with social network like Second Life, plus it is backed by XMR, so if you play well you can earn real value. Online monopoly has universal appeal, from 5 yr and up, no gimmicks needed, and for those who want it they can immerse in medieval world of knights and castles and wizards and quests etc, but not required, Crypto Kingdom can be blend of business and pleasure, player decides what they want to focus on. Once bitcoin deposits accepted and money 'M' gets listed on an exchange, Crypto Kingdom will take off big time, and appeal is obvious, not based on a meme.

If you are really Alpha and own all the Pepes you are the one who tells others at what price Pepes are sold.
Be Alpha and buy Pepe while it is still this low in marketcap. I am not saying it is too late to buy when the marketcap is 200 000 000 usd but I think it is better now to get some for cheap price. You get more coins for your bitcoins and thus it is easier to gain larger stake from the network.
noms

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:05:26 PM

Pepe seems stable over 400 sat now, I think we're going to hit the next leg up soon!

Monero.
encryptedcharms

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:20:24 PM

No matter what Cryptokingdom spam gets spewed here, the fact remains: it is a centralized shit token, that is not decentralized or cryptographically secure.  Rare Pepes are true blockchain assets.  They exist on the Bitcoin blockchain.  

When CryptoKingdom assets are actually on a second layer of a Cryptonote blockchain we can revisit the issue.  

Until that time you are trying to insist the equivalent of our new fancy computer games never being able to compete against traditional board games like Monopoly.  That's how silly you sound.  

Also it remains firmly off topic, as this is a Pepecash and Rare Pepe speculation thread, not a general blockchains games thread.  You are welcome to go create your own speculation thread for CryptoKingdom, though I suspect you have already and no one cares - leading you to spam us with your nonsense. 

I encourage everyone to report any further posts about CryptoKingdom here as they are absolutely off topic and have no bearing on this asset whatsoever, no more than spamming Zynga Gemz.

jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:43:21 PM

A few things:

1. You can earn value from doing well in just about any MMO. If you want to earn money by playing a video game why wouldn't you play Runescape or World of Warcraft? Why Crypto Kingdoms?
2. Pepe does have universal appeal. Certainly leagues above what CK boasts.
3. The value in the card game doesn't lie in the fact that there will be a Pepe card game. The value lies in the fact that a member of the community is able to crowdfund, develop, and publish a game entirely through the use of Pepecash tech.
4. I sold most of my Pepecash too early can some of y'all dump the price back down in the 200s so I can buy more? Thanks!
noms

Activity: 220

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:56:34 AM

Wow, 85 BTC buy support on pepecash, that has got to be a new record. I can't wait to see what happens in the coming days. Marketcap & price at ATH at $3,038,940 and $0.004330 respectively. How long until we hit 1 cent? I'm sure it's coming. I am guessing:

4/18/2017   

Monero.
bv68bot

Activity: 144

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 05:36:24 AM

Pepe love, much wow

You really don't have a clue, you're pumping a joke coin, and the whole value proposition rests on the quality of the meme used for the basis of the joke, and you don't get that, too blinded by greed. How can you seriously compare Magic cards as collectible assets to a pepe game that's being hacked together after the fact to cash in on the 15 minutes of fame. There are literally hundreds of assets on NXT, Counterparty and Omni platforms, and anyone can create assets backed by 'super computer' levels of cryptographic power, so the only thing that makes Pepecash different is THE PEPE MEME.

If the meme was a good one I'd buy some, but Pepe meme is so terrible to base a game on, or collectible cards, or a long term investment, so anyone pumping pepe is a scammer in my books. The tech is good, the card collectible angle is good, individuals being able to make their own cards is good, but the meme is shit. Do you get my point? Convince me Pepe meme is the golden goose, I have no problem with the rest.

Think of it like this: pizza is a proven flavor delivery platform, and nobody doubts that, but whether you make a good pizza or a crap one depends on the toppings. Everyone can make a pizza, there's nothing original about it. You guys made a pizza topped with Pepe, and think you invented cold fusion. You compare it to Magic which is a classic game, like a Supreme pizza is a proven favorite. You made a ponzi pizza topped with a frog meme, and you seriously think it's going to revolutionise crypto finance? No, I don't actually think that you're stupid, you just bought a bag of cheap Pepe, like Aeon, and now you're looking for fools to dump on. The Aeon you bought was a good call, it has a great dev behind it, and great tech, but Pepe ... it's a con bro.
encryptedcharms

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 09:48:17 AM

Have to say that MTG is a terrible example as it is centralization to the extreme. All issuance decisions are controlled behind closed doors by WOTC, which is now owned by Hasbro.

You are right.  Rare Pepes are made in the open and at least once they are created, no more of that card can ever be reprinted.  

You really don't have a clue, you're pumping a joke coin, and the whole value proposition rests on the quality of the meme used for the basis of the joke, and you don't get that, too blinded by greed. How can you seriously compare Magic cards as collectible assets to a pepe game that's being hacked together after the fact to cash in on the 15 minutes of fame. There are literally hundreds of assets on NXT, Counterparty and Omni platforms, and anyone can create assets backed by 'super computer' levels of cryptographic power, so the only thing that makes Pepecash different is THE PEPE MEME.

Absolutely beta-cuckperson levels of untrue.  Yes, Rare Pepes by definition feature Pepe.  That should be obvious.  

What you are completely ignorant on or choosing to ignore is:  

• To this day Pepe is the predominant meme on chans and the greater internet.  Please go visit http://boards.4chan.org/biz/, change to Catalog and see how many instances of Pepe there are, unrelated to even Rare Pepe crypto assets.
  • Rare Pepes exist in a complex ecosystem with many rare cards, all listed on rarepepedirectory.com, and all intertwined with the Pepecash and XCP standards.  There is no single asset anyone is trying to pump, no more than the original innovators of Bitcoin were trying to pump it by giving it utility and value.  These cards were created by the community, and are owned by those that create them.  You can create your own pretty trivially and sell it for whatever you want!
  • The Rare Pepe game is being planned, developed, and crowd-funded as we speak.  Theses Pepe tokens will take on a life of their own when people begin assigning not just art assets to them, but also gameplay features.  The beautiful part is that it isn't just one game that gets to do this - any number of games could use these tokens.  Have you even taken the time to read the proposal?  (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k8Dq6k4OHLD6NZ-qlwGjLYIq_ndVpopDolOXq7SjDuo/edit)
  • Booster packs of Pepe Cards are live and working on the test net, with main net roll out planned in the near future - just as collecting Baseball cards was a valid pastime for many people, collecting rare cards created by the community is valid regardless whether or not you like the idea.
  • The only other legitimate XCP game asset currently with active development is Spells of Genesis, and Rare Pepes dramatically improve on the concepts they pioneered.
  • You are missing the grander point, which is a live demonstration of decentralized asset systems, something that has eluded all of humanity for a long time.  This is something that has never been done before in the history of our species, and you are too busy calling it names to see why its unique.

No, I don't actually think that you're stupid, you just bought a bag of cheap Pepe, like Aeon, and now you're looking for fools to dump on. The Aeon you bought was a good call, it has a great dev behind it, and great tech, but Pepe ... it's a con bro.

The things I buy tend to be good calls because I see through scams and hype, and can appreciate innovation and new ideas where others (like you) scoff.  Aeon in 2015 didn't look like such a good idea either, did it?  Bear in mind there are many other cryptos which have increased in price dramatically in recent months that I continue to ignore.  Do you know why?  Because they are actual scams.  Pepecash and Rare Pepes are doing new things in the art of crypto.  I'm sorry you didn't get involved months ago when it was practically free.  I'm sorry you're still too arrogant to get involved now.  And I'm sorry for your likely inevitable continuing bitching and complaining all.  the.  way.  up.  

Do you know those cucks who whined and complained the whole time Bitcoin was ascending, doing new and amazing things for decentralized value?  Yeah, that is basically what you sound like right now.  Check yourself.  

bv68bot

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:41:52 AM

Absolutely beta-cuckperson levels of untrue.  Yes, Rare Pepes by definition feature Pepe.  That should be obvious.  

What you are completely ignorant on or choosing to ignore is:  

• To this day Pepe is the predominant meme on chans and the greater internet.  Please go visit http://boards.4chan.org/biz/, change to Catalog and see how many instances of Pepe there are, unrelated to even Rare Pepe crypto assets.
  • Rare Pepes exist in a complex ecosystem with many rare cards, all listed on rarepepedirectory.com, and all intertwined with the Pepecash and XCP standards.  There is no single asset anyone is trying to pump, no more than the original innovators of Bitcoin were trying to pump it by giving it utility and value.  These cards were created by the community, and are owned by those that create them.  You can create your own pretty trivially and sell it for whatever you want!
  • The Rare Pepe game is being planned, developed, and crowd-funded as we speak.  Theses Pepe tokens will take on a life of their own when people begin assigning not just art assets to them, but also gameplay features.  The beautiful part is that it isn't just one game that gets to do this - any number of games could use these tokens.  Have you even taken the time to read the proposal?  (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k8Dq6k4OHLD6NZ-qlwGjLYIq_ndVpopDolOXq7SjDuo/edit)
  • Booster packs of Pepe Cards are live and working on the test net, with main net roll out planned in the near future - just as collecting Baseball cards was a valid pastime for many people, collecting rare cards created by the community is valid regardless whether or not you like the idea.
  • The only other legitimate XCP game asset currently with active development is Spells of Genesis, and Rare Pepes dramatically improve on the concepts they pioneered.
  • You are missing the grander point, which is a live demonstration of decentralized asset systems, something that has eluded all of humanity for a long time.  This is something that has never been done before in the history of our species, and you are too busy calling it names to see why its unique.

No, I don't actually think that you're stupid, you just bought a bag of cheap Pepe, like Aeon, and now you're looking for fools to dump on. The Aeon you bought was a good call, it has a great dev behind it, and great tech, but Pepe ... it's a con bro.

The things I buy tend to be good calls because I see through scams and hype, and can appreciate innovation and new ideas where others (like you) scoff.  Aeon in 2015 didn't look like such a good idea either, did it?  Bear in mind there are many other cryptos which have increased in price dramatically in recent months that I continue to ignore.  Do you know why?  Because they are actual scams.  Pepecash and Rare Pepes are doing new things in the art of crypto.  I'm sorry you didn't get involved months ago when it was practically free.  I'm sorry you're still too arrogant to get involved now.  And I'm sorry for your likely inevitable continuing bitching and complaining all.  the.  way.  up.  

Do you know those cucks who whined and complained the whole time Bitcoin was ascending, doing new and amazing things for decentralized value?  Yeah, that is basically what you sound like right now.  Check yourself.  

We can agree to disagree, I think you will do well from your early bag, so congrats to you, and maybe guys buying today will make a good return also, but I just don't think the Pepe meme has enough substance to sustain continued growth of the ecosystem for decades, eventually it becomes like any other fad and fades away. There are just so many more compelling memes and iconic pop culture rivals that can outdo Pepe, and will, and I'm not a trader jumping from asset to asset, I'm looking for long term investments that pay off for decades. I think you are sincere in your advocacy (probably), but after a pump or two Pepe is destined for obscurity. I would invest scarce funds in many other clones of Pepe, and I fully expect to in 2017-18, but this meme is weak, any game designed from it will probably also be weak, and sustained value for card collecting just wont happen. I might be wrong, but there are just better investments in this niche, and any sensible investor wants a diversified portfolio across all major categories, so comparing Pepe to other game based crypto alternatives is prudent, and imo there are much better investments in the gaming niche right now.

Anon coins: xmr zCash Dash Komodo
Asset platforms: NXT XCP omni
Decentralised Storage: sia storj maidsafe
Games: Pepe Crypto Kingdom
etc

In these classes a wise investor knows he can't take a large position in everything, so you pick the best one. We disagree which is the better game based crypto currently available, but comparing them in a speculation thread should be welcomed, and you suggesting it is not relevant and just spam is silly.
Scuds31091

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 01:47:43 PM

I come from a trading background. I'm in and out coins usually within 1-3 days. The most I'll hold is maybe a month if I get stuck in a bad move. I'm very versed with scam coins. You just gota know how to play the right side of it. I've bought PutinCoin and other scams like that. The goal is to make quick money and hope you're not the one that gets screwed in the end.

I'll be honest, when I first saw the Pepe Graph almost two months ago I thought this was the case. An uptrend fad coin that I could make a quick buck off of. After reading up on it I was actually quite impressed, but still wasn't thinking more than my normal play. I even created a Rare Pepe and sold it all to someone. I thought I beat the system and made an extra chunk of change selling some fake card.

A few days later after hanging out in the Telegram chat I realized something. This isn't just some copy of a coin with a new name. It's not someone quick pump and dump orchestrated by a few individuals. There is a real genuine community behind this project who are interested in collecting these cards. People are interested in developing games and other solutions for this coin. This was the real deal. I instantly made another card and regretting selling the full supply of my first one. I even ended up developing an auction site for the community to sell their cards on.

I've been trading crypto for over 5+ years now and have never come across a project with an idea and community like this. I'm proud to say that I've set aside a nice chunk of my trading funds to become an active member of the Pepe community. I see great things for this project down the road. It's just getting started.

If this guy just took a day or two and hung out in the Telegram chat with the other 900+ active members I'm sure he would have a different opinion. It's not that easy to understand without diving into it head first. It's especially hard to grasp from such an outside view. I encourage everyone to not judge this project without doing some research, joining the chat, asking questions, and trying it out. This is something special.

Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 02:09:27 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 02:35:02 PM by Millionero

I heard Pepe mentioned in another thread.  I'm top-heavy in btc and just one major alt (maybe you can guess which one from my handle), so it's time I diversify, which requires doing some due diligence on alts, meme assets and so forth.
I like the technical underpinnings that secure the Pepe ecosystem, such as cryptographically secure rarity.  I looked at some of the Pepe cards, though, and the artwork on the ones I've seen is amateurish.  I hope I'm not hurting anybody's feelings by saying that.
To Pepe enthusiasts, that probably doesn't sound like a good reason to avoid buying the cards.  I guess you've gotta be a Pepe lover to really understand Pepe.
I'd still look at PepeCash as a possible investment.
kernels10

Activity: 408

ded

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:28:31 PM

Finally something with an actual use case.
[excitement intensifies]
needmoney90

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:32:36 PM

I come from a trading background. I'm in and out coins usually within 1-3 days. The most I'll hold is maybe a month if I get stuck in a bad move. I'm very versed with scam coins. You just gota know how to play the right side of it. I've bought PutinCoin and other scams like that. The goal is to make quick money and hope you're not the one that gets screwed in the end.

I'll be honest, when I first saw the Pepe Graph almost two months ago I thought this was the case. An uptrend fad coin that I could make a quick buck off of. After reading up on it I was actually quite impressed, but still wasn't thinking more than my normal play. I even created a Rare Pepe and sold it all to someone. I thought I beat the system and made an extra chunk of change selling some fake card.

A few days later after hanging out in the Telegram chat I realized something. This isn't just some copy of a coin with a new name. It's not someone quick pump and dump orchestrated by a few individuals. There is a real genuine community behind this project who are interested in collecting these cards. People are interested in developing games and other solutions for this coin. This was the real deal. I instantly made another card and regretting selling the full supply of my first one. I even ended up developing an auction site for the community to sell their cards on.

I've been trading crypto for over 5+ years now and have never come across a project with an idea and community like this. I'm proud to say that I've set aside a nice chunk of my trading funds to become an active member of the Pepe community. I see great things for this project down the road. It's just getting started.

If this guy just took a day or two and hung out in the Telegram chat with the other 900+ active members I'm sure he would have a different opinion. It's not that easy to understand without diving into it head first. It's especially hard to grasp from such an outside view. I encourage everyone to not judge this project without doing some research, joining the chat, asking questions, and trying it out. This is something special.

Real talk. Glad you're sticking around, Scuds. This is one of the most interesting and fun communities I've participated in in crypto, and if the whole ecosystem went to zero I would still be left with fond memories. Rare Pepes are something special for sure, these haters will hopefully eventually come around.
needmoney90

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:51:42 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 05:02:33 PM by needmoney90

I heard Pepe mentioned in another thread.  I'm top-heavy in btc and just one major alt (maybe you can guess which one from my handle), so it's time I diversify, which requires doing some due diligence on alts, meme assets and so forth.
I like the technical underpinnings that secure the Pepe ecosystem, such as cryptographically secure rarity.  I looked at some of the Pepe cards, though, and the artwork on the ones I've seen is amateurish.  I hope I'm not hurting anybody's feelings by saying that.
To Pepe enthusiasts, that probably doesn't sound like a good reason to avoid buying the cards.  I guess you've gotta be a Pepe lover to really understand Pepe.
I'd still look at PepeCash as a possible investment.

Are you calling pepes like the following amateurish?

KEKVSMOLOCH

FUTURESPEPE

MODERNPEPE

FLAPPYPEPE

PEPEPONY

Initially, the community was small, and any pepes were accepted if someone took the time to make one and interact. As time has passed, submission guidelines have become more and more stringent, many of the recent series pepes are actually really cool. Sure, some are amateurish, but no one is forcing you to like them. I'm sure if you looked through the directory you would find at least a couple that you think are cool.
kernels10

Activity: 408

ded

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 05:43:19 PM

the amateurishness of some of the artwork gives a nice touch, imo
bv68bot

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 02:06:03 AM

I understand everything you say above, and I fully appreciate there are hundreds of people in the Pepe community having a great time, and I think that's really cool, I honestly mean that. For people who like making cards, and like Pepe meme, and so get enjoyment from collecting Pepe cards, joining the pepe 'thing' makes complete sense, and is NOT a waste of time or money. It's a hobby, and you might make some cash, cool.

BUT, there's plenty of people who don't give a shit about Pepe cards, or a possible game, or how cool the meme is,, they're traders who'll buy and pump anything. Some of those guys might be like you and develop an appreciation for the meme etc, but I think the majority are cynical pumpers, like some who post here claiming Pepecash is some revolutionary financial product that's going to change the world permanently in some way. That's crap, pump talk from people trying to entice speculators who don't care about the pepe cards, future games, community. That's why Pepecash is bad investment, but might be a great hobby for a small niche of people.

I know a guy who started collecting Pokemon cards when he was a kid, and one day out of the blue he sold half his collection and bought a large house, with cash. That guy  started collecting pokemon cards because he loved pokemon, like millions of people all around the world love pokemon. Pokemon has sustained interest from millions of people, for decades,  that's where the value comes from, it's a byproduct of 'real' devotion from millions of people, like Star Trek etc I don't doubt that there might be a few cynical pokemon card collectors who trade for profit but have no interest in pokemon, but I'd say over 90% of pokemon collectors love pokemon. I'd say 90% of people buying pepecash are speculators, same as with doge, so there'll be a pump, then a crash, and the die hard hobbyists wont be effected too much, same as the people who still think doge is cool, but people who were looking for a long term investment will have their pants pulled down by the greater fool scammers.

See, I get very suspicious of guys who pump pepecash, but don't seem to actually like pepe meme that much, they spin the financial asset hype jargon, and neglect that the whole ecosystem is a hobby for pepe meme lovers, or should be.
bv68bot

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 02:19:58 AM

Now begins a remarkable moment.  And it's not just about the new ATH marketcap.  

We have one of the first examples of a decentralized social structure emerging organically.  A decentralized asset and game, rising up from the ashes of the constituent satoshi from which it was forged, becoming something more than the little bits and cryptobytes that make it up.  We are talking about something for which we don't have proper language to describe yet in English and any attempt to do so does a disservice to what it truly is.  

Call it a decentralized game?  It's much more than a game.  This an entire ecosystem of cryptotokens with a maze of value between them.  
And yet calling it a shitcoin or a simple token isn't right either, because these aren't some throw away token mined on a few desktop PCs like most blockchains - this is an asset built upon existing blockchain security.  In fact, forget the game.  This digital collectible can have a theoretically infinite tower of data structures and relationships built on top of it, the crypto-key only controlling the one thing that has eluded humanity for so long: the elusive concept of digital scarcity.  

We could have scarcely understood it years ago as this tech first made its mark, but this is the dawning genesis of something much more than a block - this is the dawn of a new layer of civilization itself.  And Pepe is here to help launch this concept.  Consider what is happening all around you at this very moment - a random American teen and a random Nepalese teen can awake on the same day, spend some love and effort on a new Pepe card, register the asset, and within a day or so be selling their original intellectual property (created out of thin air) on the free market.  

Can they make a fortune?  No, not the day of the sale.... but remember that bitcoins were a worthless nerd asset too at one point.  And similarly, individual Pepecash admittedly don't hold a ton of value.  But there is real value transfer happening - from nothing!  This is the purpose of cryptocurrency!  To generate work from humans in exchange, as that creates lasting systems.  Fueled by the vast imaginations and efforts of a few dedicated collectors, programmers, artists, and entrepreneurs around the globe the Rare Pepe network has already risen up from the abyss to occupy a now THREE MILLION dollar market cap.  

It promises nothing, save its own cryptographic security.  It is we, the dedicated fans of Pepe, who are making the promise to ourselves: we will continue to passionately support and grow this ecosystem until milestone after milestone falls in our wake.  

This is but the first ATH of many friends, and I am so happy to be here with you all from the beginning.

This post is all overblown hype and decentralised asset jargon, it's not written by a hobbyist who truly loves the Pepe meme, it's written by someone pumping the latest crypto craze. It's not sincere, this guy wants to attract speculators, not pepe card collectors. I bet he privately thinks pepe meme is a load of horse shit.
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 04:10:01 AM

This post is all overblown hype and decentralised asset jargon, it's not written by a hobbyist who truly loves the Pepe meme, it's written by someone pumping the latest crypto craze. It's not sincere, this guy wants to attract speculators, not pepe card collectors. I bet he privately thinks pepe meme is a load of horse shit.

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

lol u wut m8?  

This is my public address, filled to the absolute brim with some of the dankest rares in all of the Pepeverse.  You are welcome to try to assemble a better collection but here's a spoiler alert for you: good fucking luck.  I take extreme pride in my collection and tend the memes well.  

https://rarepepewallet.com/?addr=1Fpx9NPBJsRbx6RXkvfZ3n1iCYj7n7VaJR&type=gallery

I could make a strong argument for my address being one of the top five addresses in existence.  Hell, the 1/1 unique cosmic-tier MYLITTLEPEPE does that.  (That sale was the most expensive Pepe card sold on the DEX btw with a USD equivalent of $3500).  See those 72 PEPESUS cards?  I never made my own tribute card - someone else did and I spent $thousands acquiring as many as possible to give it some value.  Feel free to admire the solid number of epic Series 1 and 2 godly-tier cards, including nearly a tenth of all RAREPEPEs themselves.  I've spent a small fortune and a ton of time trying to build an amazing collection, and I know if I find it fun then others surely will too.  Plus the advent of booster packs will soon make it much easier to build up an impressive assortment of rares.  Finally, I've created several cards of my own and pledged most of the profits from sales to charity and crowdfunding. 

Are you done getting BTFO or do you have anything else profoundly stupid you want to try to troll with?

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
bv68bot

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 05:06:47 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2017, 12:32:14 PM by bv68bot

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

lol u wut m8?  

This is my public address, filled to the absolute brim with some of the dankest rares in all of the Pepeverse.  You are welcome to try to assemble a better collection but here's a spoiler alert for you: good fucking luck.  I take extreme pride in my collection and tend the memes well.  

https://rarepepewallet.com/?addr=1Fpx9NPBJsRbx6RXkvfZ3n1iCYj7n7VaJR&type=gallery

I could make a strong argument for my address being one of the top five addresses in existence.  Hell, the 1/1 unique cosmic-tier MYLITTLEPEPE does that.  (That sale was the most expensive Pepe card sold on the DEX btw with a USD equivalent of $3500).  See those 72 PEPESUS cards?  I never made my own tribute card - someone else did and I spent $thousands acquiring as many as possible to give it some value.  Feel free to admire the solid number of epic Series 1 and 2 godly-tier cards, including nearly a tenth of all RAREPEPEs themselves.  I've spent a small fortune and a ton of time trying to build an amazing collection, and I know if I find it fun then others surely will too.  Plus the advent of booster packs will soon make it much easier to build up an impressive assortment of rares.  Finally, I've created several cards of my own and pledged most of the profits from sales to charity and crowdfunding.  

Are you done getting BTFO or do you have anything else profoundly stupid you want to try to troll with?

Lets have a bet then ...

I don't think you are collecting these pepe memes because you like them, you're doing it coz you think they'll go up in value, and in 5 years when the speculators have moved on your collection as an investment will have performed poorly.

I'll bet 100 bitcoins in 5 years Pepe cards performance as an asset will be shit.

Edit, we agree on the metrics used to measure performance,  then full escrow, so no cheating

Edit, after some thought I think a bet for this time span is too long to lock of that amount of bitcoins
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: