Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:51:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 6-hour forecast  (Read 2977 times)
arepo (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:45:32 AM

breaking the support at $50 is imminent.

1-MONTH 6-HOUR SCALE:

1 and 3 are simple oscillators

2 is a moving-average based oscillator

4 is a directional index plus a momentum oscillator

-===-

-===-

1. RSI is no longer overbought, and is resting comfortably in the lower (bearish) zone, but i highly suspect the market will over-correct for all that red, red exuberance with at least a little more blue. until we spend significant time in the oversold region, i would not be comfortable holding coins.

2. remember when the daily MACD (blue) bounced off the EXP (purple) on the way up from $100? that was very bullish. the inflection here is just the opposite.

3. Money Flow Index has not even yet dipped into oversold territory to compensate for its own red, red exuberance. the mid-line ("50") bounce corresponding to the failure of the $100 support is an extremely bearish indicator here.

4. accelerating momentum line (blue) on the ADX, is paired for the first time in over a month with a red-above-green bear market indicator. (the two other times this month we had red-above-green, the momentum line was decreasing. these events correspond with corrections, not market reversals).

thank you for your time.

-arepo

if you profit from me, help keep it free!
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:10:14 AM

FOLLOW-UP:

we're presently seeing some slight bullish action that was forecast by the above FIG 4 (bottom). The inflection (peaking) of the RED directional index in the ADX with a divergent BLUE momentum line indicates a correcting downward trend. i do not expect this to last long, 24 hours or less. we may retrace significantly, but not past $100, and the downtrend will resume thereafter.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
ruski

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:14:03 AM

Now this is an analysis thread, unlike this detritus.

Carry on.

M4v3R

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:56:17 AM

Excellent analysis. For me, the fact that RSI touched 30 for the first time since December, failed to bounce, and is still heading down is also a very bearish signal.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:34:07 PM

Nah, $50 is probably the bottom.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
checkers6676

Activity: 128

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:03:33 PM

WHAT
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:05:09 PM

WHAT

almost fainted seeing proudhon write that?

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
checkers6676

Activity: 128

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:07:12 PM

If proudhon is going bull, I'm selling all my BTC right now. bottom at $5.
zoolander

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:07:23 PM

WHAT

almost fainted seeing proudhon write that?

It's not the only thread where he has posted this. I think he is really trying to mindfuck you guys now. Cheesy
Zaih

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:13:45 PM

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THOSE GRAPHS MEAN.

But I'm gonna thank you for your input despite the fact I really dislike it!

THANKS MATE

Edit: Dislike it as far as your forecasts predictions Sad
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:29:16 PM

BOTTOM CONFIRMED AT $0.01
SELL BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE
M4v3R

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:50:15 PM

arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:34:15 PM

it's intuitive, but overwhelming at first.

the labels at the top should help a bit:

oscillators like the RSI and the Money Flow Index are mathematical functions that transform price and volume data into a value that oscillates between bounds like 0 and 100.

high values mean that the general 'cumulative' direction and volume have been bullish. oscillators are useful because they identify when something like bitcoin has been "too bullish too long" or vice-versa. bull markets need to correct down, and bear markets need to correct up. lots o' red means we're 'overbought', or that the price of bitcoin is 'too high'.

a moving average is an average of, for instance the "last seven days". this helps smooth out the price data. the MACD is an oscillator as well, then moves from the positive to the negative zones of the graph, which tracks something like the 'momentum' of price.

on the Average Direction Index, there is a blue 'price momentum' line that is similar to the MACD, along with 'direction indicators', which reflect how recently we made new highs and lows. when the GREEN indicator is above the RED, that generally means that we have made new highs more recently than new lows.

-===-

you should pick one of these and really get to know it. i would suggest the MACD. further reading can be found here. don't try to familiarize yourself all at once with all four, unless you really want a crash course, as they are very different types of indicators.

hope any of this was helpful  Smiley

-arepo

M4v3R

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:48:13 PM

We also broke trend lines on most indicators in daily charts. Most interesting one is the Accumulation/Distribution indicator trend line, which wasn't broken in 9 months. Also, we're approaching centerline crossover on daily MACD.

maxmint

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:12:30 PM

I've never been really interested in charts, but this one started my curiosity. Thanks for putting it up!
Does anyone know about webinars where all this stuff is explained? A a weekly bitcoin charts webinar would be a great thing to learn.

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
Wuji

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:15:06 PM

WHAT

He is just a contrarian and always goes against the grain.  I believe the kids these days call this a troll.  I said the permabears were trolls and yep he is one of the few on the board now proving it by turning bull LOL.
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:18:25 PM

I've never been really interested in charts, but this one started my curiosity. Thanks for putting it up!
Does anyone know about webinars where all this stuff is explained? A a weekly bitcoin charts webinar would be a great thing to learn.

http://www.investopedia.com/university/technical/ is a good place to get started.
jbord39

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:20:25 PM

WHAT

He is just a contrarian and always goes against the grain.  I believe the kids these days call this a troll.  I said the permabears were trolls and yep he is one of the few on the board now proving it by turning bull LOL.

I have a hard time seeing how you call him a troll but all the people making the WRONG PREDICTIONS are not?  Not to mention he is incredibly polite in all his posts.  Perhaps you just disagree with his opinion...
dandirk

Activity: 143

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:52:53 PM

arepo - I almost wish there was a stalker function so I get e-mailed all your posts...

Looks like your predictions are almost spot on... current indicators that I am seeing is a slow down at the 80 wall... Might be dropping soon, just have no clue how much.

Saw the EMA cross over at around 60, not confident enough yet to jump on my own predictions but I am doing "virtual" buys in my head... I may just do a bit of day trading on these bounces:)

I am starting to think 60 is probably a very good entry point (if we get there again)... but maybe it will drop more over a month like the last time. Just seems like there is more money in now so while I am hoping for 30 my gut is saying 50-60 is it.
Zaih

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:17:24 PM

it's intuitive, but overwhelming at first.

the labels at the top should help a bit:

oscillators like the RSI and the Money Flow Index are mathematical functions that transform price and volume data into a value that oscillates between bounds like 0 and 100.

high values mean that the general 'cumulative' direction and volume have been bullish. oscillators are useful because they identify when something like bitcoin has been "too bullish too long" or vice-versa. bull markets need to correct down, and bear markets need to correct up. lots o' red means we're 'overbought', or that the price of bitcoin is 'too high'.

a moving average is an average of, for instance the "last seven days". this helps smooth out the price data. the MACD is an oscillator as well, then moves from the positive to the negative zones of the graph, which tracks something like the 'momentum' of price.

on the Average Direction Index, there is a blue 'price momentum' line that is similar to the MACD, along with 'direction indicators', which reflect how recently we made new highs and lows. when the GREEN indicator is above the RED, that generally means that we have made new highs more recently than new lows.

-===-

you should pick one of these and really get to know it. i would suggest the MACD. further reading can be found here. don't try to familiarize yourself all at once with all four, unless you really want a crash course, as they are very different types of indicators.

hope any of this was helpful  Smiley

-arepo

Not gonna lie, I still have no clue. Appreciate you taking the time to try help me, but I really suck at this stuff ^_^. Don't bother further explaining it if you planned to :p I'm too dumb Sad

Edit again lol: I truely did try my best to understand bahah
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: