Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 10:11:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet Address and Payment doubt.  (Read 1368 times)
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 04:57:27 PM

I better not use any online wallet services but anyways, one address is good for only a single tx as to what the wimi states. But due to the fact that it will be messy and too many adresses will be created, people just continued on using 1 single address they're very much familiar with instead of changing addresses every use. What blockchain.info does is actually a good thing for you, and yes, you still keep all those addresses anyways if you just take a little trip around the site.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 05:24:22 PM

I have a question.
Whenever I receive payment , my wallet address changes.
So I wanted to ask , wheather I would still receive payment if someone sends me money on my old wallet address?
If yes , then is there any limit as to how many payments I can receive on my old wallet address or can I receive how much ever payment I keep getting?
I'm just asking as I don't wanna loose money.
Please be helpful.
Thank you

Yes getting a new address after each use is a feature and is good for security, what app you using ?
ReLieD (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 02:29:06 PM

I better not use any online wallet services but anyways, one address is good for only a single tx as to what the wimi states. But due to the fact that it will be messy and too many adresses will be created, people just continued on using 1 single address they're very much familiar with instead of changing addresses every use. What blockchain.info does is actually a good thing for you, and yes, you still keep all those addresses anyways if you just take a little trip around the site.
Then Which are the recommended offline wallets.
I have heard a lot about electurm and mycelium.
They are the best offline wallets I got to hear.
Also I was informed that in mycelium wallets we can have custom address.
Like having my name in it or so.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 03:56:52 PM

nobody is stopping you from testing all those wallets out.
even if you like you can install a virtual machine such as Oracle's VirtualBox and then install an operating system on that virtual machine and install all the bitcoin wallets on that virtual machine to test them.

install, Electrum, MultiBit, MyCelenium,.... and try out their features and interface and see which one you like more.

for offline wallet the easier solution may be using bitaddresse.org (check spelling before visit the link)

There is a FOMO brewing...
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 04:53:37 PM

I have a question.
So I wanted to ask , wheather I would still receive payment if someone sends me money on my old wallet address?
If yes , then is there any limit as to how many payments I can receive on my old wallet address or can I receive how much ever payment I keep getting?
Please be helpful.
Thank you
Yes getting a new address after each use is a feature and is good for security, what app you using ?

Just you could always use the very same address without loosing any security, the cryptography securing a single address still beeing unbreakable (otherwise we would not do this crypto currency stuff).
Paper wallets are somewhat more icky when it comes to spending them again. That's advanced useage, stick to the software that looks to be most convenient to you. Half year from now you might observe yourself getting more experimental on things. In my beginnings I had been fixated on "physical Bitcoins" and today using the full range.

sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 05:23:10 PM

You can go with electrum if you like or any other desktop wallet, because you have the full control (private keys) of your bitcoins. Using a web wallet even though its creators claim otherwise they have the full control. If you like to use a personalized custom address that is a vanity address then you must do some research because there are different ways some free some not also some are secure and some also not but if you like to dive this a very good thread in the forum to start https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25804.0
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 05:38:00 PM

I have a question.
Please be helpful.
Thank you

though address changes after each received Bitcoin, but you can still use the old address for the next payment, no need to change the address

I think you need a stable wallet address, or you need to have a new wallet address, because, you cannot trust your wallet address. Everything you have gone through, will also gone through, all your efforts exerted will lose. Better to have a new wallet address or new application or site for your wallet address

As op writes he using wallet from blockchain therefore I will not doubt their stability. Because I think they are very stable and good among the others so we do not have to doubt it.
Op I think this could be the answer to your problem, I got it from google. thanks for google .
https://support.blockchain.com/hc/en-us/articles/210353663-Why-is-my-bitcoin-address-changing-

I have this worries too since I am using electrum wallet, each time I check the receive address my address changed and I am wondering why it is so, with your link now I understand how electrum wallet work and the reason why it is changing address everytime I checked the received address  after I received a payment and needed to send another address to other person for the another payment.

PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 05:07:35 PM

Just you could always use the very same address without loosing any security, the cryptography securing a single address still beeing unbreakable (otherwise we would not do this crypto currency stuff).
I have always thoughts that my address is still the same but it turns up it is not it changes with every transaction, and it came up to me how they are able to keep track of every address I had it is amazing and that what makes bitcoin very secure and safe to use than other payment methods.

Cryptography is the basic thing, we can rely for our security. Combinations are almost infinity and hence we never need to worry about getting broken.
Rude Boy

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 05:19:05 PM

Everything is normal in your case. You're just using a Multisig wallet. Means your wallet will create a new address for each and every transaction and you'll still receive bitcoins to your old address. No matter how many transactions you've made.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 05:36:42 PM

I have a question.
Please be helpful.
Thank you
Yes, you're fine with all of those changes address. Moreover, the old address still could receive bitcoin (No limit as I know).
New address is generated each time you need one to receive a payment, relax, you won't loose any money.
jovs

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 03:28:54 PM

I have a question.
Please be helpful.
Thank you
Who told you that wallet address change after each time you receive bitcoin? which wallet are you using?
Bitcoin wallet address once generated stays there and you can receive as much bitcoin as you can to this address and for how long you want.
I dont expreince the situation you stated. But in my all transaction i used an applicatin called coin.ph it's a wallet at a same time you can make different transaction such as paying bills,buying load or even converting bitcoin. I think the best advice i can give to solved your problem is to have a better wallet and read more here in forum. Blockchain may also help you if you have trust issues on some application wallet.
JasonXG

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 07:12:39 PM

Does your wallet begin with a 1 or a 3 ? 3 is a multiwallet used to pay many wallets at the same time using on transaction fee. If you have different addresses that is fine it all will show up in the top right corner of blockchain.info they wallet can habe many addresses but ad you reach 500-1000 I habe heard it can create problems and be slow. So yes alp the addresses are linked under one wallet and you can make as many addresses as you want.
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 08:20:53 PM

I have a question.
Please be helpful.
Thank you
I think you must be using coinbase.
On that basis, I am sure you will receive you bitcoins if someone has send you to your old address.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: