Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:27:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL starts shipping Jalapeno this week!?  (Read 3374 times)
barneyss

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 09:30:28 AM

The impression I get from that post is that they might, possibly, ship out a few (less than 10) units. Probably the only working ones they have, and probably so they can buy more time because they know the recipients will jump on here and sing BFL's praises. Which boosts pre-orders, which gives them more money to play with, and buys them time.

10 units???!! nice! maybe i'll get mine before christ returns
Hei_

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 09:31:31 AM

The impression I get from that post is that they might, possibly, ship out a few (less than 10) units. Probably the only working ones they have, and probably so they can buy more time because they know the recipients will jump on here and sing BFL's praises. Which boosts pre-orders, which gives them more money to play with, and buys them time.

won´t happen Wink
HerrDoktor

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 09:33:29 AM

won´t happen Wink

indeed this stinks way too much
anomalies

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 09:36:52 AM

i've send email to them to ask the availability of stock and shipping to my country.. here is the reply:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Butterfly Labs Inc
Apr 16 (1 day ago)

to me
We ship to your country!

All of our current models are available for preorder on the website.

We are not shipping ASICs yet as we are still testing the chips.

Prepayment is the only method by which your preorder is entered into the queue.

We are working to start shipping in the next couple weeks and have a backlog in the queue,

so new pre-orders, regardless of product or power consumption,

will likely ship sometime in August, sooner if possible.

We ship in strict order of payment date with absolutely no way to move ahead in the queue.

Thank you for your interest in Butterfly Labs, and our products.

Brian

For Jody's Customer Service Blog, and more, please visit our new BFL Forums at <https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/>

so, if there is 100K queue then maybe.. can't imagine when my order will come.  Cheesy
barneyss

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:53:43 PM

so they'r not going to ship this week.... while avalon is ready to start mining... awesome
lordblunt

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:51:39 PM

Don't waste your money. Even if these guys aren't a scam, they are still completely unprofessional.
Cobrabee

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:55:07 PM

I'll believe it when I see the mining difficulty bolt forward immensely... Otherwise, it's developers getting theirs to maintain the hype of custom FPGA rigs masquerading as ASICs...
Hei_

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:55:19 PM

i git my device shipped Cheesy....not
widgeteer

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:30:29 PM

i am oozing with joy.
Signus

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:22:58 PM

The problem is this is what they've been saying for the last three months. The only difference now is that they mentioned it would only be the Jalapeno's shipping, instead of promising shipping for all products like before.

I think BFL will produce, but they've been lying about their progress. Any good team of Engineers would have had the power sorted out months ago and the chips fabbed correctly given they've already produced hardware in the past.

If you get your Jalapeno soon, I'd like to hear about it.
stanke

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:04:48 PM

still no shipment?
geeknik

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 09:10:43 PM

Good news I guess. I got my order in late, so I might see mine by Christmas. Wink
daggeteo

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:16:57 PM

Sounds plausible but then again it would be too late for it to gain confidence.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 09:18:01 PM

By the time you get your 5GH/s model, I estimate the difficulty going up to 100mil, where it won't even be profitable  Undecided

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
beercoin

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:19:00 PM

I have one on order. I consider it burnt money and if I happen to receive one in the mail someday I'll consider it a pleasant surprise. Hopefully the difficulty won't be six billion gazillion by then.
add1ct3dd

Activity: 657
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:20:13 PM

all so dodgy.
Kennji

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Mine Litecoins.

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:27:39 PM

Interesting.  I have heard a lot about this company.  Not a lot good.

But wow, if you get those speeds with what they advertise.  That is simply amazing.

LTC - LKcrBEAbuW85obSbHnmw7y8XWWufWqjsxx
BTC - 1JseeJ4h2XsShmaj1ci2J3kWA6qhCfj52U
Vilepickle

Activity: 76

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:51:51 PM

I'll believe they have a product when it's in hands and there are reviews/impressions available from regular people.  From what I can tell it's just a lot of hype so far.  Hopeful that they deliver to people though.

BTC: 14PzAZCW1k8aA4FFFZ55LxizQqwBR969ee
ArcologyPrime

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:57:36 PM

Is there any estimate on when a Jalapeno 4.5 would be shipped if it was preordered in early February? It's hard to tell. I'd be willing to buy one of these preorders off eBay if I had any idea when it would be shipped.   There's so many posts with conflicting info out there that I can't decide whether it's worth it or not.
John Self

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:59:06 PM

Is there any estimate on when a Jalapeno 4.5 would be shipped if it was preordered in early February? It's hard to tell. I'd be willing to buy one of these preorders off eBay if I had any idea when it would be shipped.   There's so many posts with conflicting info out there that I can't decide whether it's worth it or not.

This is an absolutely foolish request. Please look in the scam accusation section for the BFL thread then make your decision.

14GXJ3Q16PJNNF6v4iyxhvuhacuhvckMym
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: