Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:36:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UFC 211: Miocic vs Dos Santos info and Prediction Thread  (Read 3529 times)
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 05:43:08 PM

I think Junior Dos Santos is past his prime so is Fabricio Werdum, they have recieved too many hits to he head and need to retire. Miocic has improved a lot in the past years in his technique, his genetics make him a total beast, he will be a thought match an I think he will win JDS and continue reining the division with an Overeem that is also past his prime and definitely can't fight without steroids at top level.
Pattberry

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:58:03 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2017, 12:15:11 AM by Pattberry

I think Junior Dos Santos is past his prime so is Fabricio Werdum, they have recieved too many hits to he head and need to retire. Miocic has improved a lot in the past years in his technique, his genetics make him a total beast, he will be a thought match an I think he will win JDS and continue reining the division with an Overeem that is also past his prime and definitely can't fight without steroids at top level.
The heavy weight division is filled with people who are really old,the average age is above 35 years and in the future if they could not find any real talents then it will be a boring division and that will be the case with light heavy weight division too as some of the top fighters have moved on to Bellator and with the retirement of Anthony Johnson the division has become shallow.
pereira4
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 12:25:46 PM

The heavy weight division is filled with people who are really old,the average age is above 35 years and in the future if they could not find any real talents then it will be a boring division and that will be the case with light heavy weight division too as some of the top fighters have moved on to Bellator and with the retirement of Anthony Johnson the division has become shallow.

I think Stefan "Skyscraper" Struve can become a dominant force in the heavyweight UFC division. He has insane height, reach, and power, he needs to put work in his technique to use physical superiority over the rest, otherwise he will be a useless lanky easy target.
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:03:25 PM

I think Stefan "Skyscraper" Struve can become a dominant force in the heavyweight UFC division. He has insane height, reach, and power, he needs to put work in his technique to use physical superiority over the rest, otherwise he will be a useless lanky easy target.
Stefan Struve is a young fighter but the miles he had in combat competition is really huge,he has insane height and have a reach advantage and that can be compared only by Jon Jones who have exactly the same reach and if he is able to use his reach advantage like Jon Jones then he will be a great fighter,but he is having some medical conditions which is forcing him to sit out.Francis Ngannou will have a good future if he is able to improve his game.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
pereira4
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 02:46:55 PM

Stefan Struve is a young fighter but the miles he had in combat competition is really huge,he has insane height and have a reach advantage and that can be compared only by Jon Jones who have exactly the same reach and if he is able to use his reach advantage like Jon Jones then he will be a great fighter,but he is having some medical conditions which is forcing him to sit out.Francis Ngannou will have a good future if he is able to improve his game.

I would like to see Jon Jones fight without his insanely big advantage of always having the longest reach. If he wasn't for the reach he would not be undefeated. Unfortunately I think at a technical level Struve is too far from Jon Jones, but if Cormier had Jon Jones reach he would get a beating easily.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 03:26:39 PM

I would like to see Jon Jones fight without his insanely big advantage of always having the longest reach. If he wasn't for the reach he would not be undefeated. Unfortunately I think at a technical level Struve is too far from Jon Jones, but if Cormier had Jon Jones reach he would get a beating easily.
Looks like a childish thought,Jon Jones has not surgically taken any advantage to have the longest reach,he is build like that and if Cormier was build like a hulk then he would defeat the world single handed.  Tongue so no point in talking about this comparison,Cormier is the best fighter in the world and i am sure he will defeat anyone in the world be it heavyweight or light heavy weight but i think Jon Jones is the best in the world and only Jones can defeat Jones.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:58:08 AM

Dos Santos was training at american top team. Not sure if they have good heavyweights for him to spar with, there.

It could be that Stipe has improved while Dos Santos has stayed the same.

Some of the names on the early prelim card have never fought in the UFC before.

tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 11:00:30 AM

Judging from line movement alone, are the sharps seeing something that we can't?  Dos Santos' line opened at around 2.75 the moment betting was available then it moved to 2.45 the following weeks and now it's down to around 2.05 at Nitrogen.  Has he really improved?  I don't follow the HW division much.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Harry Callahan

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 11:05:47 PM

Judging from line movement alone, are the sharps seeing something that we can't?  Dos Santos' line opened at around 2.75 the moment betting was available then it moved to 2.45 the following weeks and now it's down to around 2.05 at Nitrogen.  Has he really improved?  I don't follow the HW division much.
The reason for the line movement may be because when Dos Santos faced Miocic earlier Dos Santos won the fight after a tough battle and those sort of battles could end matches and career if you are not careful and take proper rest,both are great fighters and it will be a close fight.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1446

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:18:28 AM

@Harry Callahan. It will take more than that as the reason why they are valued so close. Stipe has improved since that loss and has risen to become the champion. You should now ask yourself, did Junior improve more since his loss to Cain? Maybe he did.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:42:40 AM

the only good prospect at HW is Francis Ngannou prob will be champ soon

my pics

Stipe Miocic
Joanna Jędrzejczyk          
Demian Maia          
Yair Rodríguez            
Henry Cejudo
Eddie Alvarez  
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:55:09 AM

^ I like the Yair Rodriguez pick.  His line is definitely in the right price to take a gamble on.  But I wish we could get a higher line.  Anyway, if Rodriguez keeps his distance, which he always does since he likes to kick, he'll do well against Edgar.  Most of the time Edgar likes to wait for his opponent to come to him, but if he does go after his opponent, it's usually telegraphed.  Watch Aldo vs Edgar 2.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 08:12:05 AM

JDS seems to do better when he fights moving backwards. When he comes forward, he starts to have problems like he did when he fought Overeem. No idea how to guess which direction he will fight against Stipe.

After the first JDS vs Stipe fight, JDS admitted that Stipe has a "good punch" and said he felt dizzy after taking some of Stipe's punches.

Stipe could be the only champion in the modern UFC who doesn't train full time and has a job as a firefighter.

Lots of good match ups on this card, I hope it does well in pay per views sales.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1446

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 01:14:43 AM

@Hydrogen. I agree. This card is easily the best from the beginning of this year up to now. I also excited to see Eddie Alvarez fight again after the loss to Connor. Let us see if he can come back to his good form.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 02:57:50 AM

crazy maia +115 - +120 now

its almost the same kinda match up as jacare vs whittaker where i had whittaker the striker but masvidal is not as fast or as strong as whitatker thats why i like maia the grappler in this one in this one
Mbokani

Activity: 291

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:41:41 AM

crazy maia +115 - +120 now
its almost the same kinda match up as jacare vs whittaker where i had whittaker the striker but masvidal is not as fast or as strong as whitatker thats why i like maia the grappler in this one in this one
Yair Rodríguez is a bold pick and sure he is having a good momentum but he defeated a returning B.J. Penn after a gap of three years,yes he is an unorthodox striker but Frankie Edgar is a battle tested veteran and i do see him defeating one of the best in the division and if not for Aldo he would have been the champion and even Connor ducked him as he knew it is a hard battle. Masvidal had his losses but if you look at his last three losses they were really close one and lost by split decision but Maia is a special talent and i hope it will be a hard battle.
dollarbill$44

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:21:39 AM

Jedrzejczyk the champion!
Pattberry

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:43:44 AM

@bbc.reporter It is a full stacked card as even a former champion Eddie Alvarez is scheduled to fight in a prelim but what is strange for me is that a former title challenger Henry Cejudo is fighting in the main card.Hope the main level pay per view fighters gets the share of the event and Eddie Alvarez misses out on a big pay day.
pereira4
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 01:36:10 PM

the only good prospect at HW is Francis Ngannou prob will be champ soon

my pics

Stipe Miocic
Joanna Jędrzejczyk          
Demian Maia          
Yair Rodríguez            
Henry Cejudo
Eddie Alvarez  

Francis Ngannou is a solid competitor but he hasn't shown yet enough to become a champion imo, but yeah, considering Daniel Cormier will ignore anyone that isn't Jon Bones Jones at this point since he has beaten everyone else, Francis has no shot against the best HW fighters. The best fight I can see in his portfolio is beating an out of prime Arlovski.
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 01:53:20 PM

I should say jds still has a legitimate chance of beating stipe here. As we all kniw already i think jds is one of the best heavyweight strikers ever and he's been out for quite a time, i think if somehow the old jds will show up miocic would go down. He's been beaten by jds before and tbough dos santos came from quite a long break, i think he has miocic's number. My bet is on jds and its quite exciting now to see him fight again

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀