Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:34:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UFC 211: Miocic vs Dos Santos info and Prediction Thread  (Read 3530 times)
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 02:24:24 PM

Just look at what happened at the Ronda Rousey fight, she came back after her defeat with Holm, then got destroye again for the title fight. It was ridiculous and a shitshow. Indeed those fights make the UFC feel like WWE. But at least they give us the fights that people want to see. The HW boxing division has been a mess for the past few years, we didn't got the fights we wanted, and Klitschko brothers were too dominant anyway. It was not until we got other skilled fighters with a good reach that we started seeing better fights. They just had too much advantage due their height + skill.
Let us not compare Ronda Rousey against the Klitschko brothers,look at the age of Wladimir Klitschko he is 41 years of age and a lot of boxing under his belt and if this fight was five years back i am sure the result would be different.Getting punched in the face for this long is not a good thing and reflex will deter with age,Klitschko brothers dominated world boxing and they defeated everyone in their prime and let us see how Anthony Joshua will perform after 40 plus fights.

Im not comparing Ronda to Klitschko , im just pointing out at how stupid the UFC is when they give people that are obviously overrated and living from former fights, straight title shots. After being beaten by Holm in such spectacular fashion, Ronda didn't have the right to demand a title fight straight away. But since Ronda is a cash cow, they gave her a title fight, and now her career is over.

If shes back, there's no way she can ever come back and fight for a fight title without beating some people up first.
Pattberry

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:01:11 PM

Im not comparing Ronda to Klitschko , im just pointing out at how stupid the UFC is when they give people that are obviously overrated and living from former fights, straight title shots. After being beaten by Holm in such spectacular fashion, Ronda didn't have the right to demand a title fight straight away. But since Ronda is a cash cow, they gave her a title fight, and now her career is over.
If shes back, there's no way she can ever come back and fight for a fight title without beating some people up first.
Ronda was winning fights when she had the momentum and the confidence and once she started taking everyone's praise on her head she thought she was invincible and she lost her focus in improving her talents when the rest of the women's division improved and she even forgot her core strength which is Judo and she never had a plan B when she found it is difficult to take Holm down in the first fight,she got the rematch only because she is Ronda Rousey and UFC messed up her career.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:12:34 PM

@tokeweed It is a bit risky to take under when it comes to Junior Dos Santos as he is a good boxer and both fighters are good at stand ups and i see a similar fight like their first one and they could drag the fight to the championship rounds and might see a decision.

It is really difficult to see Ronda making a comeback from this humiliation,the only problem is when she was dominating the division she never had any sympathy to any of her opponents and even after winning the fight she was ruthless and cocky to her defeated opponents and the speeches she delivered are biting her back,what ever it may be she made a ton of money and if she is smart with the money she made she could settle down.
Young_Croatian

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 08:04:06 PM

This is what I'm thinking.  The problem now is what to bet on.  The under 1.5 rounds at 2.41 on Nitrogen?  I don't think it's giving us enough value to make the bet worth it.  I'd start putting some BTC on that starting at 3.00 and above.

I wonder what the other bookies are laying on the over/under.  Any suggestions?  Looking for bets on under 2.5 rounds and 3.5 rounds for Miocic vs Dos Santos with decent odds.  
[/quote]

It could be over in first round, couse dos Santos really wants this win, and it could end up like werdum vs miocic
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 10:44:14 PM

This is what I'm thinking.  The problem now is what to bet on.  The under 1.5 rounds at 2.41 on Nitrogen?  I don't think it's giving us enough value to make the bet worth it.  I'd start putting some BTC on that starting at 3.00 and above.

I wonder what the other bookies are laying on the over/under.  Any suggestions?  Looking for bets on under 2.5 rounds and 3.5 rounds for Miocic vs Dos Santos with decent odds.  

I think most people are expecting JDS to fight moving backwards, like he did when he fought Ben Rothwell, Cain Velasquez and Mark Hunt.

If JDS is moving away from Stipe the whole fight, it will likely be harder for one of them to land a knockout punch.

The fight will probably go on longer if JDS avoids standing toe to toe with Stipe. Heavyweights usually tire quickly. If they don't get a KO in the first 1-2 rounds, they're usually too tired to get it in the 3rd, 4th or 5th rounds. Especially if there's lots of wrestling and grappling.

1.5 odds could be too low. Should probably be 2.5 or 3.5.
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:02:53 AM

It's easy to take the result of the first fight between Miocic and Dos Santos for granted when you have watched it once or twice without studying it and actually watching it.  We know it was a split decision and we know Miocic won the match.  But please take a look again and this time try to find out for yourself who won.

I think Dos Santos won the first fight...  It was really close tho.

UFC 211 Free Fight: Junior Dos Santos vs Stipe Miocic
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=damAR771hok

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
pereira4
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:52:20 PM

I think most people are expecting JDS to fight moving backwards, like he did when he fought Ben Rothwell, Cain Velasquez and Mark Hunt.

If JDS is moving away from Stipe the whole fight, it will likely be harder for one of them to land a knockout punch.

The fight will probably go on longer if JDS avoids standing toe to toe with Stipe. Heavyweights usually tire quickly. If they don't get a KO in the first 1-2 rounds, they're usually too tired to get it in the 3rd, 4th or 5th rounds. Especially if there's lots of wrestling and grappling.

I think we will see JDS playing a defensive game, trying to lure Stipe into his trap, then he will rush to him and take it to the ground and try to break his arm or something. JDS is brutal if he catches you. Stipe can ground and pound and that's all, his ground game is not as good, but the dude is huge so it will be hard to keep him down, his striking is also sharp. Thought day of work for JDS.
Pattberry

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:20:05 PM

The first fight was really close and JDS is really a tough opponent for Miocic and i am not expecting any knockout in this fight either as both are really good strikers but JDS will be more careful coming into this match as this is his opportunity to regain the title once again and the fun fact is that no fighter had a longer title defense in the heavy weight division,so i expect JDS to win the match.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:51:36 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2017, 12:10:23 AM by eaLiTy

I think we will see JDS playing a defensive game, trying to lure Stipe into his trap, then he will rush to him and take it to the ground and try to break his arm or something. JDS is brutal if he catches you. Stipe can ground and pound and that's all, his ground game is not as good, but the dude is huge so it will be hard to keep him down, his striking is also sharp. Thought day of work for JDS.
One thing is certain ,that we will be seeing a good fight.I don't see Miocic knocking out Junior Dos Santos and Miocic tried his best on knocking him down in the first fight and both fighters are really powerful .I think both will be having a careful approach and fight plan and the fighter with the best condition will win the fight ,and the first fight between Dos Santo brought the best in Miocic as he became a better fighter after that loss,i really hope Dos Santos is injury free and if so it will be another war.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1452

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 12:24:51 AM

JDS will have a hard time versus Stipe Miocic while the Stipe will have an easier time versus his opponent. Stipe has improved and has gotten stronger and now has the experience. He knows what he has to do to defeat JDS. The challenger will not be as impressive as all of you expect.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
pereira4
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 01:45:47 PM

One thing is certain ,that we will be seeing a good fight.I don't see Miocic knocking out Junior Dos Santos and Miocic tried his best on knocking him down in the first fight and both fighters are really powerful .I think both will be having a careful approach and fight plan and the fighter with the best condition will win the fight ,and the first fight between Dos Santo brought the best in Miocic as he became a better fighter after that loss,i really hope Dos Santos is injury free and if so it will be another war.

It can be a great fight, as long as JDS keeps a distance in the standing up scenario, he just has to be patient and caught Miocic off guard. Miocic is a bit of a disaster defending takedowns, he just sucks at that and always goes to the ground. Im sure we will see some good takedowns by JDS, so it will come down to see how good Miocic ground game has improved during the past months. The Overeem fight was disappointing because Overeem wasn't on top shape, but Overeem of the past could have won. Let's hope JDS can do it.
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 04:30:52 PM

@bbc.reporter Dos Santos was once considered as a pure knock out artist and he was looking to knock people out but now he has developed and evolved as a fighter and he is only trying to knock people out when there is an opportunity and he is not forcing that like he used to do that,even in the first fight Stipe Miocic was confident that he could knock Dos Santos but when he found that he could not do that his confidence went down but this time around he will be prepared and very well knows the strength of JDS and so i expect a tactical fight.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 05:34:49 PM

One thing is clear, Stipe Miocic is going to have hte better odds for sure, so if you want to make big money you must trust that Dos Santos delivers a great night and manages to knock out or submit homi. I remember when he got beaten by the Skycraper but he was so shit back then, look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9cDFQY1uBo

Damn, that dude is just huge. But he was really bad, I think Stipe would have no problems winning against him again nowadays. But if guys that big get good and skilled, they are unstoppable.
Hydrogen
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 09:40:25 PM

One thing is clear, Stipe Miocic is going to have hte better odds for sure, so if you want to make big money you must trust that Dos Santos delivers a great night and manages to knock out or submit homi. I remember when he got beaten by the Skycraper but he was so shit back then, look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9cDFQY1uBo

Damn, that dude is just huge. But he was really bad, I think Stipe would have no problems winning against him again nowadays. But if guys that big get good and skilled, they are unstoppable.

I think Stefan Struve was a better fighter back then, before Mark Hunt broke his jaw and Struve had that life threatening heart surgery.

Stipe's boxing improved a lot since then, too.

UFC posted the first Stipe vs JDS fight on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=damAR771hok

Watching it now. 
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:08:31 AM

Hey guys, it's good that you're posting more videos in the thread!  I really appreciate everyone getting together and making the whole experience of following the UFC a more fun and proactive experience.  I have one request tho, please include the title in bold some we'd know what we're gonna watch first hand.  Thanks.

Just a week more and it's 211!  Watch this vid and start getting excited!

UFC 211 Countdown: Full Episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4GRoQMA3Bs

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
pereira4
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 02:00:58 PM

I think Stefan Struve was a better fighter back then, before Mark Hunt broke his jaw and Struve had that life threatening heart surgery.

Stipe's boxing improved a lot since then, too.

UFC posted the first Stipe vs JDS fight on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=damAR771hok

Watching it now. 

I think Stipe may suffer from some sort of heart disease, probably gigantism or something like that. I remember Big Foot Silva laos had something like that. It's just insane how big the dude is, that cannot be healthy lol.

Stipe is too lanky due his big joins, but if he can control it and know how to take advantage of it he can be a nightmare for any fighter due his insane reach advantage. He just needs to know how to jab to frustrate opponents and know how to run from takedowns.

Marma Kalari

Activity: 546

kittiefight.io Combat MMO Lending Jackpots

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 08:53:35 PM

I think Stipe may suffer from some sort of heart disease, probably gigantism or something like that. I remember Big Foot Silva laos had something like that. It's just insane how big the dude is, that cannot be healthy lol.
Stipe is too lanky due his big joins, but if he can control it and know how to take advantage of it he can be a nightmare for any fighter due his insane reach advantage. He just needs to know how to jab to frustrate opponents and know how to run from takedowns.
Hope you are talking about Stefan Struve than Stipe Miocic as i have not head about any health issues with Miocic and he is not a giant. Big Foot Silva is having issues and so was the reason we was undergoing TRT treatment and when they banned athletes on taking that his performance slid,there is a fun fact that Stefan Struve and Jon Jones have the same reach advantage. Jones is the real freak of nature in my opinion. Cheesy

▄ ▄▀▀▄  ▄
             ███████
   █████   ▄█▀▀█████▀▀█▄
 ███████████▄██████▄██
██████████████ ▄
██▄█████▄██▀█▀▀█▀██▄█
█▄██▀▄▄███▄█▀▀█▄▀█▀▄█▀▀█▄
 █████▄▀▀▄▀███████▀▄▀
   ▀██████▀▄▀▀▄███▄▀▀▄▀█
       ███▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██
        ▀▀▄████████████▄▀
           ▀▀▄███████▄▀
              ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
KittieFIGHT

Discord | Reddit | Linkedin
██████████████████████
█████████████▀▀▀██████
███ ▀███████     ▀▄███
███   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄████
████▄             ████
█████             ████
██████▄          █████
██████▀        ███████
██▀▀        ▄▄████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀▀██████
██████████▀     ██████
██████████   █████████
████████▀▀   ▀▀███████
████████       ███████
██████████   █████████
██████████   █████████
██████████   █████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀███
██████████▀▀▀      ███
████▀▀▀       ▄    ███
█▄         ▄█▀    ████
████▄▄   ▄█▀      ████
███████▄█▀       █████
█████████  ▄     █████
█████████ ███▄  ██████
██████████████████████
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:15:43 AM

Finally the breakdown for the main event by Dan Hardy.  I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed with it since it focuses more on Dos Santos.  Yeah we know he has improved a lot and that he's now training with American Top Team.  But what about Miocic?  Nothing much was said about him except for a couple of stuff from his last fights.

UFC 211: Inside The Octagon - Stipe Miocic vs Junior Dos Santos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB6Pn6jkZ0Y

Here's the vlog series the UFC releases on any PPV event.

UFC 211 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nd3_-BOPDw

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Hydrogen
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:18:08 PM

UFC 211 MMA mania prelim write ups

115 lbs.: Jessica Aguilar vs. Cortney Casey

Jessica Aguilar (19-5) came back from her controversial loss to Zoila Frausto in Bellator to win 10 straight, including a decision against Carla Esparza and two decisions over the legendary Megumi Fujii. That pedigree wasn’t enough to save her from Claudia Gadelha, who overpowered “Jag” in the latter’s UFC debut.
This will be her first fight since Oct. 2015 thanks to a torn ACL.
Cortney Casey (6-4) came up short in her first two UFC bouts against Joanne Calderwood and Seo Hee Ham, winning “Fight of the Night” both times, but showed dramatic improvement in dominant wins over Cristina Stanciu and Randa Markos. This set up a fight with Gadelha, who delighted the Brazilian crowd while handing Casey her third UFC defeat.
She will have three inches of height and four inches of reach on Aguilar.
This fight boils entirely down to how much the layoff affects Aguilar. Casey has parlayed her size, strength and mean streak into some solid performances, but the wrestling and experience disparities are just too much for her present skillset to overcome. Heck, Aguilar first fought Fujii a year before Casey’s professional debut.
Casey doesn’t have enough to fall back on when Plan A (physically overpowering Aguilar) inevitably goes south. Aguilar out-grapples her on the way to her first UFC victory.
Prediction: Aguilar def. Casey via unanimous decision

145 lbs.: Jared Gordon vs. Michel Quinones

Jared “Flash” Gordon (12-1) — though not the SAVIOR OF THE UNIVERSE — rebounded from his first career loss to Jeff Lentz by winning the CFFC Featherweight title. In his first defense, he impressed Dana White and Co. enough to be the latest “Lookin’ for a Fight” acquisition.
He has knocked out five opponents and submitted another two.
A striker out of American Top Team, Michel Quinones (8-1) knocked out three consecutive opponents in the first round, including The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 22 competitor Billy Quarantillo, to earn a call up to Titan FC. There, he picked up just his second decision win over previously unbeaten Caio Uruguai.
He was originally set to debut in February against Alexander Volkanovski before suffering an injury.
There’s not much out there on Gordon save highlights, but thankfully, Fight Pass has Quinones’ last fight. “El Capo” is an aggressive, powerful striker with a tricky left leg, but has a tendency to rush forward when attacking in combination and open himself up to counters. What I can piece together of Gordon suggests a strong wrestler with pop in his hands.
While they’re both solid, Gordon gets my tentative nod. He looks capable on the counter and — though Quinones’ takedown defense looked stout — those charges are just begging for a well-timed double-leg takedown. Gordon mixes striking and takedowns for a decision win.
Prediction: Gordon via unanimous decision

265 lbs.: Chase Sherman vs. Rashad Coulter

Chase Sherman (9-3) entered UFC with nine first-round knockouts in 10 fights, the sole loss coming to current UFC competitor Alex Nicholson. He has struggled to recreate that success in UFC, dropping a wide decision to Justin Ledet in his debut and suffering a knockout to fellow physical specimen Walt Harris in January.
At 6’4”, he stands five inches taller than Rashad Coulter (8-1).
Coulter enters UFC having won five straight, all of them in the first round under solid banners like Bellator and Legacy FC. His last two fights have ended in a combined 1:49 and none of the five lasted more than three minutes. Like Sherman, all of Coulter’s wins have come by form of knockout.
I’m going to be honest: Aside from about 10 seconds from AXS TV’s post-show recaps, I can’t find any recent footage of Coulter. I do, however, know that he’s fought at Light Heavyweight before and his weight tends to fluctuate dramatically, which suggests he’s carrying unnecessary fat. Sherman may be technically limited, but he’s a 240-pound beast.
Both guys are coming in on short notice, adding another layer of intrigue. Accepting that the lack of fight tape makes this a shot in the dark, I say Sherman ends the slugfest partway through the first.
Prediction: Sherman via first-round technical knockout

145 lbs.: Gabriel Benitezvs. Enrique Barzola

Gabriel Benitez (19-5) — who defeated Diego Rivas on the inaugural TUF: “Latin America” season — won his first two UFC bouts before suffering a career-first loss to Andre Fili at UFC Fight Night 78. Ten months later, “Moggly” returned to action and choked out Sam Sicilia in Hidalgo for his fifth win in six fights.
Ten of his 19 professional wins have come by submission, including four by guillotine choke.
Enrique Barzola (12-3-1) — lived up to his nickname on TUF: “Latin America” 2, beating Jonathan Ortega and Cesar Arzamendia before dominating Horacio Guitierrez at the Finale. After a questionable loss to Kyle Bochniak, Barzola cruised past Chris Avila in Mexico City last November.
His wins are split evenly between knockouts, submissions and decisions.
It’s been nice to see TUF: “Latin American” fighters find success after being brushed aside as novelties. Benitez has proven a very effective striker and Barzola is much more well-rounded than one would expect considering the limited training opportunities he had early in his career.
That well-roundedness has me picking the Peruvian. He can hold his own on the feet and blends his wrestling with his striking quite well. The threat of the takedown should muzzle Benitez’s usual kicking onslaught and Barzola has the cardio to grapple all night. He outworks Benitez to a clear decision win.
Prediction: Barzola via unanimous decision

205 lbs.: Gadzhimurad Antigulov vs. Joachim Christensen

Gadzhimurad Antigulov (19-4) put a three-fight losing streak behind him with 12 consecutive victories, all but one by knockout or submission. This set up a UFC debut against Marcos Rogerio de Lima, whom Antigulov overpowered for a bonus-winning guillotine choke in 67 seconds.
He has stopped 16 opponents in the first round, including seven in less than one minute.
Joachim Christensen (14-4) saw his five-fight win streak come to an end in his UFC debut when Luis “Frankenstein” recovered from a nasty knee to submit him in the second. Three months later, he returned to action and knocked out Bojan Mihajlovic with a lovely uppercut midway through the third.
At 6’3”, he is four inches taller than Antigulov.
Antigulov is a natural Middleweight who makes up for his physical disadvantages with freakish aggression. It’s not a sustainable style, nor one that will continue to work once he starts to scratch the top of the division, but it makes him must-watch TV against those below the 205-pound median.
Christensen has power and solid striking skills. And if the fight goes past the first, it’s his for the taking. Sadly, he has not demonstrated the takedown defense necessary to turn aside Antigulov’s initial rush. Antigulov downs him early and locks up something ugly in transition.
Prediction: Antigulov via first-round submission

http://www.mmamania.com/2017/5/8/15579450/ufc-211-predictions-miocic-vs-dos-santos-2-fight-pass-prelims-undercard-preview-dallas-mma

Not certain I agree with their breakdown.

They do make interesting points though, as always.

Their main card write ups should be out sometime later this week.
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:59:46 AM

^ Interesting breakdowns.  Can you tell us point by point why you disagree with some of them?  It might prove valuable from a betting standpoint.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████