Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:58:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 65,000+ Unconfirmed Transactions, Why?  (Read 1769 times)
Blind Legs Parker

Activity: 2002
Merit: 721

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 08:46:50 AM

hard forks are not something to fear. if they are done right it is actually good and bitcoin has already have at least one hard fork in the past.
and you are comparing bitcoin's hard fork with an altcoin hard fork that was performed in a wrong way without consensus the developers of eth one day decided they need to hard fork eth and then did it without reaching consensus among all so they ended up with two chains.
if bitcoin or any other project follows that path they will end up with disasters too.
Obviously if the whole network agrees on any hard fork there can't possibly be any problem implementing it. Talk about a statement of the obvious  Cheesy. Thing is the big blocks hard fork is far from having reached such a consensus. Thus, pushing it forward in the present situation will be a disaster.

Vous pouvez maintenant refermer ce topic et reprendre une activité normale. À ciao bonsoir.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dudeperfect (OP)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 03:32:51 PM

The latest figure of the unconfirmed transaction is 80,110 and it's really disappointing, in such case dealing in local shops in almost a trouble. Of course paying high fees is an option but it's not worth it when it comes to dealing low priced goods. The price of a commodity is almost equal to bitcoin transaction fee so it's beyond my understanding that how cryptocurrency is going to be implemented on local level.
Narcisse

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:12:28 PM

Can someone help me calculate transaction fees?
Im still learning how to send/receive and I want to make sure
my BTC get to where theyre going safely. Toss me an IM.
Bitdonator
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:20:35 PM

send a transaction before 2 hours,
and still 0 confirmations

Whats happening with network? This is very bad issue?  Sad
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 10:45:24 PM

Can someone help me calculate transaction fees?
Im still learning how to send/receive and I want to make sure
my BTC get to where theyre going safely. Toss me an IM.
If you are using the bitcoin core client it will estimate for you. If not, use this site to get an idea of what fee to use: https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
bikerleszno

Activity: 656
Merit: 501

XBY - New Tech Coin (POSIGN) xtrabytes.global

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 10:51:49 PM

How can I know how big in bytes will be my transactions ?

XBY - New Technology Coin (POSIGN) - https://xtrabytes.global
Telegram Group - https://t.me/xtrabytes_official
tribanogrami

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 04:46:44 AM

This problem is killing me and in these days lots of unconfirmed transactions. Is there a problem?

A week ago there is no problem in transactions but for last week my all transactions are confirmed in 2 or 3 days later. I cant payout my one of won bet for that reason. What did happen to transaction i dont know. Looked again in blockchain and it appears like a doesnt exist.

A week ago 10k fee for 300k sat was confirm in 1-3 hours but now i make 15k fee still dont confirmed. Some of them over 24 hours. Only 1 confirmed. Here u can see;

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
PDATA
TOKEN
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 06:39:41 AM

I would like to ask the experts that why this is happening again and again?
Simple: Bitcoin is the victim of its popularity and we're reaching a point where the total weight of all transactions is such that blocks are full. That happens indirectly when the number of transactions increase, which in turn happens when new users join the bitcoin club.
From this point on there are three solutions: (1) either you're satisfied with the current situation and you accept to pay higher fees without doing anything (said fees will get higher and higher as new users arrive, until the point where they will be so high that no new users will join anymore, and then they'll reach a high and stabilize but there's no saying where and when this will happen), either (2) you join the big blocks club, or (3) you support segwit and the lightning network. Pick your side but pick wisely: each of them have their lot of downsides and advantages.

I personally advise against choice #2 as a hard fork would be disastrous for the unity of the network. We've recently had a glimpse of what would happen in case of a hard fork when one of them happened between ETH and ETC. Since it's happened most big blocks supporters seem to have stopped supporting them too. I mean, it would be open warfare between BTC and its fork and I'm sure that as an investor you and your money don't want to be caught in such an apocalypse. Also, as blocks would get bigger, security concerns would arise.
Totally true, with the bitcoin becoming higher in price and people are coming in everyday that only means more transaction and more traffic which means more work for the miners, that is why it is why the transactions take time to get confirmed if you want to ensure the transaction reaches fast you have to pay fees.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 07:25:04 AM

The latest figure of the unconfirmed transaction is 80,110 and it's really disappointing, in such case dealing in local shops in almost a trouble. Of course paying high fees is an option but it's not worth it when it comes to dealing low priced goods. The price of a commodity is almost equal to bitcoin transaction fee so it's beyond my understanding that how cryptocurrency is going to be implemented on local level.

It wont unless theres a layer on top of the network to help carry the load off the blockchain and transactions be recorded in its own database. The BTC blockchain can act as a settlement layer for the whole network. I wish someone invented such a layer so we wouldnt be having these long waits and sleepless nights. Wink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: