Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:44:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy private mining software  (Read 2656 times)
RentGPU (OP)

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 06:12:56 PM

Do they really exist , is there a private miners that we don't know about it pulling 2 to 3x what is public miners doing on the same gpus.
I can see on the pools some miners with crazy speeds i can't imagine that they are using such amount of hardware to get this speed , it seems also that the cards are not really loaded when i run any of the public miners like claymore or sgminer .....just asking if there is really something like that.. Smiley

2016 GPU Miner
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2105
Merit: 1397

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 06:41:39 PM

Yes especially in the beginning of a new coin /algo.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
RentGPU (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 06:56:45 PM

Sorry, another question about public miners like claymore and so on are they decreasing the hashrate for good hash/watt percentage , in other way can i increase my hashrate with alot of increased wattage as i don't care about how much the card burns electricity...and thx

2016 GPU Miner
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 07:01:12 PM

Sorry, another question about public miners like claymore and so on are they decreasing the hashrate for good hash/watt percentage , in other way can i increase my hashrate with alot of increased wattage as i don't care about how much the card burns electricity...and thx

Yes you can increase your hashrate by overclocking the card or modding card bios. It will increase power consumption but since you don't care about that just go for it
cccp

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 08:22:56 PM

Do they really exist , is there a private miners that we don't know about it pulling 2 to 3x what is public miners doing on the same gpus.
I can see on the pools some miners with crazy speeds i can't imagine that they are using such amount of hardware to get this speed , it seems also that the cards are not really loaded when i run any of the public miners like claymore or sgminer .....just asking if there is really something like that.. Smiley

Public miners made by non-professionals for non-professionals.
RentGPU (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 08:40:27 PM

You are totally RIGHT

2016 GPU Miner
Kronny

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 08:43:04 PM

yes but..someone know WHERE we can found these miners?

I buy private Nvidia miners.  PM me.
RentGPU (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 09:01:50 PM

Why would someone give you his golden egg machine Smiley

2016 GPU Miner
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 09:12:47 PM

I do not know about any ultra magic miner that deals with a 10x on any coin right now.. Usually a miner with a 10/20% improvement can be bought directly from dev or people in there slack channels.
RentGPU (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 09:16:29 PM

I do not know about any ultra magic miner that deals with a 10x on any coin right now.. Usually a miner with a 10/20% improvement can be bought directly from dev or people in there slack channels.
Take a look at diff. Pools to see how crazy are top minners going it can't be that they have this amount of hardware , besides if he just make his miners public difficulty will rise and it won't be profitable anymore

2016 GPU Miner
eckmar
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 09:22:05 PM

Most of them yes. But look at claymore for example. His miners are way on top of other ones and he proved that it can be quite profitable even for him (when he publicly release them and not sell it to a few people)
RentGPU (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 10:06:13 PM

Most of them yes. But look at claymore for example. His miners are way on top of other ones and he proved that it can be quite profitable even for him (when he publicly release them and not sell it to a few people)
If i was one of them i wont make it public or sell it, i will just get my hardware and enjoy my 1 month roi .

2016 GPU Miner
eckmar
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 10:22:29 PM

If i was one of them i wont make it public or sell it, i will just get my hardware and enjoy my 1 month roi .

Well I don't think it's that good. You need pretty high speeds in order to make one month ROI with any GPU. Private miners mostly have 10-20% improvement over public ones. You may say well 10% is not much but it is for people with large farms
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 10:26:05 PM

The real money is releasing a miner and charging a 2-3% fee and making everybody use it.

That's way you get 3% of the daily mining rewards for doing nothing.

RentGPU (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 10:48:30 PM

Well I don't think it's that good. You need pretty high speeds in order to make one month ROI with any GPU. Private miners mostly have 10-20% improvement over public ones. You may say well 10% is not much but it is for people with large farms
This public miners are not really using the hardware at it's max , those gpus can do alot work and you can see it if you have gpu loading monitor even with the fastest claymore my gpu usage can reach 0% and 10% loading for a while like seconds or so and never reachs 100% , 10-20% i can get it easly with some OC or just switching to linux , those hardcore miner are getting at least 2-3x what is a public miner will and thats why i am sure they use there own hardware.

2016 GPU Miner
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 11:03:54 PM

Once its late in the game big hash improvements just won't happen..Delusions!

Just because you dont see a lot of work happening on the core gpu does not mean shit.  Modern crypto algos are focused mainly on memory use and not raw computing power.

Small improvements can happen and they can be sold for big bucks to farms, a 3% improvement could mean thousands of dollars to a large farm. 

Back in the gold mining days they use to say the real money was in selling the mining equipment and that still holds true today.
RentGPU (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 11:19:07 PM

Once its late in the game big hash improvements just won't happen..Delusions!

Just because you dont see a lot of work happening on the core gpu does not mean shit.  Modern crypto algos are focused mainly on memory use and not raw computing power.

Small improvements can happen and they can be sold for big bucks to farms, a 3% improvement could mean thousands of dollars to a large farm. 

Back in the gold mining days they use to say the real money was in selling the mining equipment and that still holds true today.
Moving through the pools seeing ppl with fuckin crazy speeds eating all of the cake leaving you with less than atoms of it , then all ppl are so rich to get that amount if they why would they enter the mining in first place , i am still believing that those cards are not getting even 50% of it's max with public miners ,and thats why i stopped overclocking my gpus it's much like kicking gas while holding the brakes..

2016 GPU Miner
rjg

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:10:06 AM

There are a few threads in the last few months where people much smarter than I am discussed the theoretical maximums on some of the algorithms based on memory speeds, memory bandwidth, etc.  We are much closer to the maximum with public miners than you might believe.

The fact that you see GPU core utilization low just means that the particular algo isn't GPU bound, but is likely bound by memory bandwidth and access times.  Each algo is different and may stress different portions of the GPU Ethereum for example is not very GPU core intensive, but very memory intensive, which is one of the reasons the cards with HBM can achieve faster hash rates at lower memory clocks and why manipulating memory straps have such a large impact on performance.

On the flip side, ZCash is very gpu core intensive, but not very memory intensive, so you can actually underclock your memory and have little impact on your hashing speed.

Monero seems to be a blend of both getting best results with a high gpu core speed and a high memory clock with modified memory straps.
rjg

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:12:57 AM

I forgot to mention that in regards to the large farms, they are certainly out there, those aren't just made up numbers or private mining software.

Here is the description of one such farm pushing nearly 7Gh/s

http://ethosdistro.com/farm/

There are others running ethos that I have seen with well over 50 rigs, so those high hashrates are achievable if you are willing to put in the time and make the investment, which as you might imagine is significant.
eckmar
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:50:23 AM

This public miners are not really using the hardware at it's max , those gpus can do alot work and you can see it if you have gpu loading monitor even with the fastest claymore my gpu usage can reach 0% and 10% loading for a while like seconds or so and never reachs 100% , 10-20% i can get it easly with some OC or just switching to linux , those hardcore miner are getting at least 2-3x what is a public miner will and thats why i am sure they use there own hardware.
Other guys here explained you why core utilization is low. In fact for ETH what you want to do is lower the core clock and boost memory clock. Claymore is great developer and he is doing best he can. There are always myths that there are this "private miners" (I mean there are but they are not what everyone thinks) that will boost your hashing speed 10 times. Every now and then there is thread on btctalk and instead of opening new one you could've just searched for answer.  Of course maybe we are all wrong here and you know that there is miner that will boost your speed 2-3 times ? (yeah right...)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: