Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:02:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 📁 novusphere.io 📁 atmos (ATMS) 📁 Censorship Resistant Media Sharing 📁  (Read 120168 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
musicmate

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:09:25 PM

Any chance someone can do a vid on what this project is actually trying to achieve ?

Even if you want to draw on a whiteboard with funny little pic's , i'll be ok with that..

Cheers   
scaryvirus

Activity: 570
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:07:06 PM

I'm not clear what type of content will be on this decentralized platform and who will be your primary users? In other words who are you targeting for this platform to use it?

what type of content

Anything, any filetype, any extension, anything at all

who will be your primary users

Anyone who wants access to any content, any filetype, any extension, anything at all

How is it different [from SingularDTV, lbbry, alexandria, filecoin]?

Some features we know about:

• No possibility of paywalls, all content is free to access anything
  • Easily search for anything at all on the network, any file type, any content
  • Requires no central website, every wallet is a uncensorable personal gateway to the platform
  • People can make their gateways public by hosting them on websites with any rules they like or need for legal compliance
  • All blockchain use is completely out of the hands of the platform developers (similar to BitTorrent) - true decentralization and censorship resistance
  • Delayed streaming is also being worked on by third party

Tokens uses:

• Content grows via bounty system where wanted content is posted on blockchain with Atmos reward and bounty hunters compete to provide it for reward, thus enriching the platform
  • Atmos Bounty system is also used to offer others to host files in return for payment (similar to filecoin & with storage checks) making it easily available to the masses
  • Atmos Bounty reward resolution system will be used to reward the content closest matching to requested specifics
  • Atmos Bounties form decentralized kickstarter equivalent for content creators by allowing them to raise funds to create content
  • Atmos Bounties form a platform for user requested content creation for custom content of any nature
  • Atmos Bounties for code & platform development by using on platform funding mechanisms with Atmos
  • Ability to rank content and comment on content with Atmos (warnings, clarifications, praise)

I think I'm leaving things out, maybe I got some wrong, but that's the ideas we discussed.

There ain't nothing like this. This will change everything.
subzero01

Activity: 66

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:37:04 PM

Hey guys. Liking this project. Good luck!
poiseulle

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Provide high-quality Chinese translation

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 10:42:52 AM

following the project,
very easily confused with Novacoin, why choose such similar names?
poiseulle

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 10:49:31 AM

I'm not clear what type of content will be on this decentralized platform and who will be your primary users? In other words who are you targeting for this platform to use it?

what type of content

Anything, any filetype, any extension, anything at all

who will be your primary users

Anyone who wants access to any content, any filetype, any extension, anything at all

How is it different [from SingularDTV, lbbry, alexandria, filecoin]?

Some features we know about:

• No possibility of paywalls, all content is free to access anything
  • Easily search for anything at all on the network, any file type, any content
  • Requires no central website, every wallet is a uncensorable personal gateway to the platform
  • People can make their gateways public by hosting them on websites with any rules they like or need for legal compliance
  • All blockchain use is completely out of the hands of the platform developers (similar to BitTorrent) - true decentralization and censorship resistance
  • Delayed streaming is also being worked on by third party

Tokens uses:

• Content grows via bounty system where wanted content is posted on blockchain with Atmos reward and bounty hunters compete to provide it for reward, thus enriching the platform
  • Atmos Bounty system is also used to offer others to host files in return for payment (similar to filecoin & with storage checks) making it easily available to the masses
  • Atmos Bounty reward resolution system will be used to reward the content closest matching to requested specifics
  • Atmos Bounties form decentralized kickstarter equivalent for content creators by allowing them to raise funds to create content
  • Atmos Bounties form a platform for user requested content creation for custom content of any nature
  • Atmos Bounties for code & platform development by using on platform funding mechanisms with Atmos
  • Ability to rank content and comment on content with Atmos (warnings, clarifications, praise)

I think I'm leaving things out, maybe I got some wrong, but that's the ideas we discussed.

There ain't nothing like this. This will change everything.

Explanation very clear. Better posted on official website, a little confusing for new users.
If it can achieve something like Steemit, with "Atmos Bounty system" actually functioning, could be yuge!!
Icefrag

Activity: 606

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:44:20 PM

If you have any questions, you should join the ATMOS channel on discord https://discordapp.com/channels/277815216723591168/277815216723591168
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 02:31:02 AM

how does it compare to FLO (Alexandria) and LBRY?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
scaryvirus

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 02:52:06 AM

1. no pay walls, 100% of content is free, instant access

2. missing content or desired content is added via bounty system

3. 1+2 = constantly growing content with no barrier to entry

read above for more
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:47:10 AM

1. no pay walls, 100% of content is free, instant access

2. missing content or desired content is added via bounty system

3. 1+2 = constantly growing content with no barrier to entry

read above for more
interesting factor that should be known by investors as the project continuously growing, so with this feature i see a very wide potentials
that this project will become successful as we still seeing more development and the team are active inside dischord.
scaryvirus

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:01:14 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 11:58:32 AM by scaryvirus

I don't see anything happening on github for this project?
https://github.com/asphyxiating/atmostemp/graphs/contributors

Is this a genuine project?

They are rolling out the webwallet with backend blockchain functionality next

Most recent update was open source 2fa for webwallets https://github.com/asphyxiating/Multisig2faTxExample

Another update was addition of image SFSI proof of concept http://afix.io/#/i/
bittrojan

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 05:51:22 AM

I don't see anything happening on github for this project?
https://github.com/asphyxiating/atmostemp/graphs/contributors

Is this a genuine project?

Its as genuine as it gets. If I were you Id go all in.

ICO investor. Miner. Bagholder Extraordinaire!
asphyxia (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 10:01:47 AM

Hello,

I apologize as due to some miscommunication with our designers, there's been a small delay in updating the main site which was suppose to be published today. Instead, we are now pushing this back to Saturday. With that said, our main website will be soon updated removing irrelevant information and focusing directly on the project in more general terms as the opening post of this thread does. After this weekend, we'll be adding a link to a revised overview document to the main site which will contain the more technical details which you can think of as a pre-whitepaper. As others have mentioned in this thread, the next major update will be the release of the web/spv wallet followed then after by the technical overview document (whitepaper) of Novusphere detailing it's primary uses, features, and how it will function and what problems we're trying to solve.

Our estimated current time line for next month goes as follows:
  • June 24th: Main site updated
  • June 26th: Release revised overview document
  • July 1st: Begin closed testing of spv/web wallet
  • July 8th: Begin open testing of spv/web wallet, bug fixes, feedback
  • July 22nd: Revised release candidate
  • July 22nd -  July 30th: Further testing
  • August 1st: Official (stable) release

As for Bittrex which others have asked about, I'll reach out to them again once we've issued our official stable release giving them an over all update of how the project has progressed and where it's headed. This does not mean that there are any guarantees that we'll be added to their trading platform and for that I'd continue to advise community effort and support to encourage them to do so.

Thanks.
scaryvirus

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 08:38:06 PM

Hello,

I apologize as due to some miscommunication with our designers, there's been a small delay in updating the main site which was suppose to be published today. Instead, we are now pushing this back to Saturday. With that said, our main website will be soon updated removing irrelevant information and focusing directly on the project in more general terms as the opening post of this thread does. After this weekend, we'll be adding a link to a revised overview document to the main site which will contain the more technical details which you can think of as a pre-whitepaper. As others have mentioned in this thread, the next major update will be the release of the web/spv wallet followed then after by the technical overview document (whitepaper) of Novusphere detailing it's primary uses, features, and how it will function and what problems we're trying to solve.

As for Bittrex which others have asked about, I'll reach out to them again once we've issued our official stable release giving them an over all update of how the project has progressed and where it's headed. This does not mean that there are any guarantees that we'll be added to their trading platform and for that I'd continue to advise community effort and support to encourage them to do so.

Thanks.

This is great. Roadmap in OP needs work tho
asphyxia (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 10:22:09 PM

Hello,

Thanks.

This is great. Roadmap in OP needs work tho

For sure, this will be updated as well fairly soon. Still currently in discussion about a few things until we put one out that will aim to cover the next few months.
poiseulle

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:48:17 AM

saw some new movies  Grin
great!
Drew683

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:24:52 PM

Is there a slack for atmos?
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:43:43 PM

Is there a slack for atmos?
https://discord.gg/PtXzUVr

Optimiza

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:23:40 AM

saw some new movies  Grin
great!

Also got to watch some great HD movies, wow! wonder if I will get to watch for the long term, or whether this is just temporary  Cheesy
poiseulle

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 07:11:22 PM

"
July 1st: Begin closed testing of spv/web wallet
"

did the testing begin? looking forward to web wallet
BitsifyOfficial

Activity: 284

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 04:39:16 AM

Wowsers! The new site looks fabulous! Absolutely stoked, love the movies there as well hehe. Why Netflix when you can Novus  Cheesy Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: