Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:30:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER Auction: 10 Block Erupter Blades -ended-  (Read 102515 times)
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:11:47 PM

About the overclocking: I just found this:

Over-Voltage For overclocking, you will need to adjust the trimmers on the power module to increase the voltage output.

Would be happy for more information:
How much can you increase the voltage without damaging the board?
Regarding the proper cooling: what is considered as safe operating temperature?

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light here!

Please check 4 and 5 in our user tip:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VMO3VfIBy3KIwUaaQ8XhKrSVEbXeeMEqsVhhk6Bz9io/edit?pli=1#

And we suggest using a non-metal screwdriver to avoid possible bad results of misoperation.

1.2V is what we use for overclocking. For many boards, if making it a little less it would still work, but 1.2 is a safe value.

Also, all eight lanes' output voltages needs to be adjusted more or less consistently, since the clocks from the oscillators are global over the whole board.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Trillian

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:13:18 PM

Looks like a couple of happy campers, have fun mining!
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 05:06:04 PM

So they do have mining software that supports it.
Onboard the blade. These are smart/ethernet ASICs, not USB ASICs.

I believe friedcat wrote that they already give out the small usb miners to buddies. So i guess they already have something to mine with it.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
MacDschie

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:09:00 PM

Hey, my first ASIC mining rig is up an running! Two blades working stable at 9.5-10.5 GH/S each! Cheesy
I had to set up a stratum server to get the full hashrate (thanks to slush for his work!).
A big THANK YOU! to friedcat and all the other people involved in this, also for providing the User Tips. Didn't have that document before.

One question remains: What's the clock switching for? If I switch the clock to "high", the power consumption increases by about 15W, but the board stops working (hashrate displayed on the pool website goes down). After 2-3 minutes, it resets itself and starts up with low clock. If I save the high clock settings, it starts up with high clock, doesn't work and restarts after a few minutes.
eb3full
VIP

Activity: 198
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:39:12 PM

All up and running on btcguild at about 11GH/s! Thank you Bitfountain!

"With four parameters I can fit an elephant, and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk." John von Neumann
buy me beer: 1HG9cBBYME4HUVhfAqQvW9Vqwh3PLioHcU
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 12:14:31 AM

Hey, my first ASIC mining rig is up an running! Two blades working stable at 9.5-10.5 GH/S each! Cheesy
I had to set up a stratum server to get the full hashrate (thanks to slush for his work!).
A big THANK YOU! to friedcat and all the other people involved in this, also for providing the User Tips. Didn't have that document before.

One question remains: What's the clock switching for? If I switch the clock to "high", the power consumption increases by about 15W, but the board stops working (hashrate displayed on the pool website goes down). After 2-3 minutes, it resets itself and starts up with low clock. If I save the high clock settings, it starts up with high clock, doesn't work and restarts after a few minutes.

Strange that the other guys claim 13GH without overclocking. Is this because of differences in calculating the hashrate or other reasons?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
LainZ

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

@WiRED

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 12:19:30 AM

Same here !

Shipping was fast, because:

-it's a little box

-no case & no PSU

I think you have found a clever package to avoid customs issues!

I am still working on finding a good case (or idea of a case)!

Thank you friedcat for your work.

>9,410.20 MH/s  on btcguild / no stratum server

They have always known that faith in money is a mass illusion, however they never considered that they wouldn’t be in charge of the illusion - Jon Matonis
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - Richard Feynman
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 12:48:07 PM

To do overclocking, you will need to do an overvoltaging by adjusting the trimmers on each power lane (8 in total) with a screwdriver and a multimeter.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VMO3VfIBy3KIwUaaQ8XhKrSVEbXeeMEqsVhhk6Bz9io/edit?pli=1#

Pinwheel

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 01:41:39 PM

>9,410.20 MH/s  on btcguild / no stratum server

same speed, no stratum

but I got a problem running two workers on btcguild at same time. any suggestions? 

Tom Waits: We should just start as soon as possible cause we might catch a rabbit before we have our pants on. (Juxtapoz)
MacDschie

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 01:57:06 PM

Strange that the other guys claim 13GH without overclocking. Is this because of differences in calculating the hashrate or other reasons?

The web-interface of the board shows something between 9.5 and 10.5 GH/s. The numbers in the mining pool (bitminter) vary between 8-9 and 12-13. I suppose, the pool estimation is not very accurate or taken over a shorter period of time. My two boards mined roughly one BTC in their first day, which matches the prognosis. Let's see how they do in long term.
pixel75

Activity: 372

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:24:05 PM

The web-interface of the board shows something between 9.5 and 10.5 GH/s. The numbers in the mining pool (bitminter) vary between 8-9 and 12-13. I suppose, the pool estimation is not very accurate or taken over a shorter period of time. My two boards mined roughly one BTC in their first day, which matches the prognosis. Let's see how they do in long term.

you are rigth. the speed vary very often even from 7,5 to 13,9. I belive that bitminter is not so accurate.
I've got the same issue with the GPU and FPGA.

Bitrated user: pixel75.
MacDschie

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 07:40:32 PM

To do overclocking, you will need to do an overvoltaging by adjusting the trimmers on each power lane (8 in total) with a screwdriver and a multimeter.

Oh, thanks for the answer, but that wasn't what I meant. Maybe I should rephrase the question: I was just curious about the "Switch Clock" button on the web interface and wanted to know what it's good for. I found out that it crashes the board and was suspecting, that I did something wrong at first - or maybe there's another step to be done to let it work properly. But I presume that it was planned as a feature to overclock by software, but it didn't work. Am I right? Smiley
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:01:29 AM

you are rigth. the speed vary very often even from 7,5 to 13,9. I belive that bitminter is not so accurate.
I've got the same issue with the GPU and FPGA.

Using the pool stats to determine the hash rate is simply incorrect.
The pool hash rate is based on how often you find shares - which is random.

I can check my new Jalapeno (which hashes with cgminer at 5.367GH/s on my rpi at the moment - higher on my desktop) on the Ozcoin web site and get results varying all over the place dependent on how lucky I am in the period of time the pool is using to estimate my hash rate.

You would need to check the share results over a few days to reliably estimate the actual hash rate - however that would also be a fraction under the real rate - there is also lost work due to LPs - and you would need to know the exact details of the mining 'firmware/software' to determine what that is. Of course that 'fraction' is pretty meaningless coz you don't get any results from it Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 04:51:52 PM

This device can work with p2pool, can someone confirm?

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
LainZ

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

@WiRED

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 10:08:13 PM

lenny_> I did not had the chance to try p2pool, sorry.

Regarding Power supply questions, I think pictures talk better than words :

http://imgur.com/a/hZOjP/all

I think Alex had an issue with the diameter of the wires; I was told  that when a wire heats up, it is usually because current is too strong.

In the case of Block Erupter Blades, 10A is a lot of current. Beware it could kill a man if manipulated carelessly.

So has the pictures show :  You will need Big wires (check the thickness) capable of handling 10A without heating.

To bridge "+" and "-" ; you will need to carefully twist the cables (needed to reduce the amout of air between cables) ; then with a screwdriver make sure to tighten the cables inside.

For the fan, the big fan on the left (force1outof3) is sufficient. The heat sink are not even hot. But the little fan provided is not enough.

They have always known that faith in money is a mass illusion, however they never considered that they wouldn’t be in charge of the illusion - Jon Matonis
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - Richard Feynman
gyverlb

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 11:25:29 PM

I think Alex had an issue with the diameter of the wires; I was told  that when a wire heats up, it is usually because current is too strong.

In the case of Block Erupter Blades, 10A is a lot of current. Beware it could kill a man if manipulated carelessly.

10A can kill a man but with 12V you can't produce 10A through a man.

From what I remember of the safety course I had on this subject the danger zone for an healthy person touching live wires on both sides of his/her heart is above 25V.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 11:32:59 PM

10A can kill a man but with 12V you can't produce 10A through a man.

From what I remember of the safety course I had on this subject the danger zone for an healthy person touching live wires on both sides of his/her heart is above 25V.

Its not hard to wire these if its just a screw terminal. Buy a standard PSU, cut the 12v wires off a molex (leave the 5v attached to the plug so they dont get in the way).

Pinwheel

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:36:57 AM

been mining on different pools, one blade running faster then another, need to adjust voltage.

Any one used blade to mine via stratum proxy? what connection setting you used in blade control panel, I tried few variations, no success so far. proxy run on Linux Mint.

Tom Waits: We should just start as soon as possible cause we might catch a rabbit before we have our pants on. (Juxtapoz)
Pinwheel

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:13:20 AM

This device can work with p2pool, can someone confirm?

I did not tested, but should be possible, just point blade miner to IP and port on which you have p2pool running. some obvious security concerns is here.

lan787

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:12:43 AM

been mining on different pools, one blade running faster then another, need to adjust voltage.

Any one used blade to mine via stratum proxy? what connection setting you used in blade control panel, I tried few variations, no success so far. proxy run on Linux Mint.

I am running stratum proxy. I also run bitcoind on the same machine. Using default slush's pool
Blade config:
  IP: 192.168.1.254
  Port: 8334
  Server ip address: 192.168.1.1
  User:pass:  your user and password for connecting to the pool
other config fields are irrelevant for me. I don't need DNS or gateway address

Server (the one running proxy) config:
  stratum proxy cmd:
Code:
/usr/bin/python /usr/local/bin/mining_proxy.py -oh 192.168.1.1 -gp 8334 -rt

Currently the blade reports 12Gh/s while the pool reports 12.5Gh/s.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: