Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:32:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First time investment  (Read 6286 times)
Oasisman

Activity: 2590
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 02:37:34 PM

I just opened my eyes to Bitcoin mining, I save up 80$ every month and was thinking maybe investing them in bitcoins wouldn't be that bad an idea? Whats your thoughts on this, what should a first timer know?

Starting to invest in any field, knowing what you invest for is the first knowledge you must gain first before anything else. In regard with Bitcoin mining, I dont have much knowledge about this, but mining is very expensive. Specially in terms of electricity usage and hardware maintenance, you need to put up big amount of capital and you need to deal with the noise of the rig. I assume you knew about this. In my opinion, why dont you just buy Bitcoin and hold them for long time? Or if you have experience or skills in trading (like in stockmarket or forex) you can also trade altcoins here. Its a much easier and I can say lesser-risk investment.
Dont hesitate to invest your savings in Bitcoin it'll surely grow faster than depositing in to banks. Right now will be the perfect time to buy, while Bitcoin value is falling.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:45:59 PM

I just opened my eyes to Bitcoin mining, I save up 80$ every month and was thinking maybe investing them in bitcoins wouldn't be that bad an idea? Whats your thoughts on this, what should a first timer know?

Starting to invest in any field, knowing what you invest for is the first knowledge you must gain first before anything else. In regard with Bitcoin mining, I dont have much knowledge about this, but mining is very expensive. Specially in terms of electricity usage and hardware maintenance, you need to put up big amount of capital and you need to deal with the noise of the rig. I assume you knew about this. In my opinion, why dont you just buy Bitcoin and hold them for long time? Or if you have experience or skills in trading (like in stockmarket or forex) you can also trade altcoins here. Its a much easier and I can say lesser-risk investment.
Dont hesitate to invest your savings in Bitcoin it'll surely grow faster than depositing in to banks. Right now will be the perfect time to buy, while Bitcoin value is falling.
It would really be much wiser for you to save up your money in bitcoin form because it would really interest as the days goes by which we cant really see on those banks been offering. $80 every month savings would really take more some time for you to accumulate for you to buy your own miner (antminer s9) knowing that it do cost thousands of dollars which means you would really need to wait up some months or even years if we do try to look on its actual price. You do have other options though to fasten it up like trading.
fanten

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Future of Global Copyright Registration

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:49:47 PM

Don't invest in bitcoin. The transaction fee is so high that your $80 will became $40 for one complete transaction. Besides, mining is not a good investment as this require some luck and patient for the value of the coin you mine to increase in value. I suggest you invest in cloud mining like genesis or hashflare for troublesome free.

Smile
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:59:25 PM

It would be the best idea of your life but I suggest if you have such a small portfolio why not try to invest in some altcoins in search of better returns? I mean Just a few days ago XRP reach $1.1 from $0.15 this exciting growth means that it grew nearly 8 times from its original value in just around a month and guess what it still is on roar. You can't really expect such quick returns from btc now. Its pace of growth is now much slower than other coins but it still exhibits great deal of volatility.
xPPx

Activity: 531
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 05:04:17 PM

The easiest way I've learned is to do your research an read whitepapers. Hammer great ICOs for pennies. Wash/rinse/repeat. WAY easier that gambling with Bitcoin/Wall Street/real estate. Good luck!
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:54:35 PM

You have a good plan and actually investing them in bitcoin is not all that bad. I believe if you will follow this plan you gain seriously in years to come. Bitcoin has been doing very well among others assets you can invest in and I will advise you to have an investment plan that will involve investing in other alternatives coins market.
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:45:57 AM

Don't invest in bitcoin. The transaction fee is so high that your $80 will became $40 for one complete transaction. Besides, mining is not a good investment as this require some luck and patient for the value of the coin you mine to increase in value. I suggest you invest in cloud mining like genesis or hashflare for troublesome free.

You can buy btc and get converted to altcoins while transferring the coins from one wallet to another or need to send to different wallet. You cannot ignore btc completely in terms of the rise because  it is still a best option when it comes to cypto currency. Also do invest in altcoins as well.
traderethereum

Activity: 2856
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 06:23:45 AM

you have a good choice to invest $80 every month but if I can give advice, you need to determine how long you want to invest and if for example, you want to invest for 5 months and then you only hold your bitcoin without selling, this will be good for you and you can use that money to buy the other things or you can buy altcoin too. I am sure that in the future, you can make a big profit because once you sell your bitcoin at a high price, I am sure you can make a lot of money. and if you have altcoin as your investment, then you can make another profit in the future so it will great for you if you can do both.
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:27:51 PM

you have a good choice to invest $80 every month but if I can give advice, you need to determine how long you want to invest and if for example, you want to invest for 5 months and then you only hold your bitcoin without selling, this will be good for you and you can use that money to buy the other things or you can buy altcoin too. I am sure that in the future, you can make a big profit because once you sell your bitcoin at a high price, I am sure you can make a lot of money. and if you have altcoin as your investment, then you can make another profit in the future so it will great for you if you can do both.
Good to invest in bitcoin and if you start $80 every month and you do it 5 consecutive months much better if you buy some altcoin because it is good to hold altcoin with that amount of capital than letting your fund sleep in bitcoin. For me it is not good to hold $400 only in bitcoin you need to divided it into multiple coin but be careful on buying altcoins because there are many shit coin in the market.

If you are wanting to have bitcoin mining you need huge capital for that if you want faster income which is need to have powerful mining rigs.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:59:51 AM

Its good that you had opened your eyes and make yourself involve on crypto in which had opened an opportunity for you to earn some profits and talking about into your idea it isnt really bad at all and yet even if you do plan on bitcoin mining each apparatus would really cost you out thousands of dollars which means saving up $80 per month will take you for ages.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:35:50 PM

I don't want to discourage you but investing in bitcoin mining nowadays are hard enough because of the halving. And you need to save at least a year or even more months in able to make mining profitable. But examplens gave you a good suggestion that you can still mine but not with bitcoin, try with other alt coins or you can just buy bitcoins and wait for the price increase, that's effortless and no cost in monitoring + no electricity consumption.
how to invest and do the best you can to find the point where you get the right price to sell your investment is the best for now. if we compare with mining it may be far away because we need a large enough cost to start mining. I think it would be more suitable for you to invest in bitcoin or altcoin
icohdcoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:01:02 PM

Maybe you can look at altcoin section on this forum. Try to find perspective altcoin or reliable ICO crowdsale. you must first have a lot to read and only then to decide where to invest.
There are no clear investment situation, because it is so easy everyone would be rich here

Spot on! Agree. It's not easy. Also, as some have mentioned, best to diversify your portfolio.
If you're looking for a reliable option, here's one https://hdcoin.co/ . However, best to do your research first.
Cheers
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:24:03 AM

From your saving you do investment in bitcoin, is the great ideas. I sure in the future you can invest more in bitcoin.
Bitcoin now the value step by step will increase, it's great time to do investment. Investment is the best way for our future later, if that investment grow and profitable. You can investment in other coins to like ethereum etc.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:36:04 AM

Maybe you can look at altcoin section on this forum. Try to find perspective altcoin or reliable ICO crowdsale. you must first have a lot to read and only then to decide where to invest.
There are no clear investment situation, because it is so easy everyone would be rich here

Spot on! Agree. It's not easy. Also, as some have mentioned, best to diversify your portfolio.
If you're looking for a reliable option, here's one https://hdcoin.co/ . However, best to do your research first.
Cheers

As one should not keep all eggs in a same basked same you should not be buying only a single coin . You should be diversify your portfolio and buy multiple good coins considering its future demand and use . This will help you as well in building a good investment for yourself .
traderethereum

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 07:21:08 AM

it's good if you can save up $80 every month and you can use it for investing in bitcoin and don't use it for anything except just hold the bitcoin in your wallet. and if you want to try bitcoin mining, then you need more money to buy some hardware to start but it will be hard for you to start because every hardware now is too expensive. my suggestion is you need to find out what is the best for you and if you think bitcoin will work for you then you can go with bitcoin only.
Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:37:24 PM

it's good if you can save up $80 every month and you can use it for investing in bitcoin and don't use it for anything except just hold the bitcoin in your wallet. and if you want to try bitcoin mining, then you need more money to buy some hardware to start but it will be hard for you to start because every hardware now is too expensive. my suggestion is you need to find out what is the best for you and if you think bitcoin will work for you then you can go with bitcoin only.
If you can only save up $80 per month then i do presume that you wont really have the capability on buying out ASIC hardwares which same as you said those are very expensive machines that can mine bitcoin but having this minimal step on saving up on bitcoin instead thru smaller amounts isnt really a bad idea at all.Accumulate as much as you can then better find another ways on maximizing potential profit by doing trading.Allocate a small percentage through it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:15:51 AM

Don't invest in bitcoin. The transaction fee is so high that your $80 will became $40 for one complete transaction.
Where you buy bitcoin with 50% transaction fee? that was too huge i do not think there it is.

Besides, mining is not a good investment as this require some luck and patient for the value of the coin you mine to increase in value. I suggest you invest in cloud mining like genesis or hashflare for troublesome free.
Cloud mining is not good to invest, just try to analyze how much did you get for the whole contract. Also the history of cloud mining is not good as their background most of them are turning to be scam and they only exist for only 2 - 3 years.

For me i recommend to save your extra money in bitcoin in safe wallet and if you have good enough savings then you start to build your own mining rig that is much profitable.

goaldigger

Activity: 2338
Merit: 356

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:59:24 AM

Saving $80 every month is a good amount of money you can start with trading. Bitcoin is a good idea also but you can try putting something on ICOs and in altcoins to allocate your resources. If you dont want to make an effort on earning like trading then buy some of these things and hold. Long term investments have less possibility to fail so its not that risky to do.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
traderethereum

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 03:32:09 AM

be careful when you want to invest in cloud mining because you need to spend much time to reach the ROI and you need to decide how much money you want to invest. for me, it is better to invest in bitcoin and altcoin because this will give us a big profit in the long-term and I see now is the best time to make invest in bitcoin and altcoin.
vagrom

Activity: 479
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:51:04 PM

Um, yes, it's fine. However, I personally recommend that you invest in some newly issued potential currency that may be more rewarding.

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: