May 08, 2024, 05:29:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 5853 5854 5855 5856 5857 5858 5859 5860 5861 5862 5863 5864 5865 5866 5867 5868 5869 5870 5871 5872 5873 5874 5875 5876 5877 5878 5879 5880 5881 5882 5883 5884 5885 5886 5887 5888 5889 5890 5891 5892 5893 5894 5895 5896 5897 5898 5899 5900 5901 5902 [5903] 5904 5905 5906 5907 5908 5909 5910 5911 5912 5913 5914 5915 5916 5917 5918 5919 5920 5921 5922 5923 5924 5925 5926 5927 5928 5929 5930 5931 5932 5933 5934 5935 5936 5937 5938 5939 5940 5941 5942 5943 5944 5945 5946 5947 5948 5949 5950 5951 5952 5953 ... 33332 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26373773 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:51:11 AM

Or maybe this one, but this would mean we aren't even rallying right now.

E-fucking-xactly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10221

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:54:43 AM

I once left my motorcycle outside downtown with the ignition hotwired.  It wasnt there when I came back.  I don't blame the city. I don't defame it or consider its people more or less criminal than those of other cities.
Come on, it was not that petty vandalism of Wikipedia that gave me that negative view of the bitcoin "ecosystem".  It is the bulk of what I have read over these four months, especially the hype coming from the "great names". 

Bitcoin was crippled by two great disasters: first, its adoption by "libertarians", and, second, the blooming of the Chinese market.  These developments turned what could have been a great e-commerce invention into the instrument of a legion of skimmers, scammers, and common criminals.  Will the "pure" bitcoiners (if there are any left) have the will and power to get rid of those parasites, before they kill the idea?  I don't see that happening.

'parasites' will save bitcoin if all else fails. one day we may be criminals for using bitcoin, but that wont kill bitcoin, or it wont stop bitcoin 2.0. What is a 'pure' bitcoiner?

I could have seen the criminalization of bitcoin a few months ago; however, in recent months bitcoin, at least in the USA is moving more and more towards attempts at coopting aspects of bitcoin and regulating bitcoin to some extent.   Currently, these moves have made criminalization of bitcoin as a whole, less and less likely; however, I can still envision various kinds of conduct related to bitcoin that will remain confusing and there will likely be a lot of divide and conquer related to bitcoin.. especially various attempts to escape or to manuever around the various ambiguous regulations that are likely to evolve to keep us all on our toes.. so you are still going to need to be connected or to maintain appearances of being mainstream in order to be more insured against being prosecuted, persecuted and/or having your bitcoins or other tangible property taken from you.... with da government seems to like to do.
Guinpen

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:56:45 AM

You're welcome. I bought most of them for less than $20. I have plenty more in cold storage. How dumb do you think we are?

I don't think you're dumb. I'm just celebrating the rise of BTC price, which is, last time I checked, a Good Thing (TM).

Could be a bull trap for all I know Smiley Show some sense of humor, man.
Mervyn_Pumpkinhead
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:57:53 AM

Some fiat entered. It will probably be around Wednesday when the dumping continues. Till then, the dumpers are waiting if maybe more fiat will be wired, so they can sell with an better price.
I'm not buying into this because it isn't very probable that much more fiat will enter. There hasn't been any important good news about the markets, so nothing has really changed in the long-term.

It's Monday so could it be that people are waiting for their deposits to hit the exchanges? You know, the deposits they wired when they saw cheap bitcoins at 400 yesterday. And what will these people do Tue/Wed when the fiat is there? BUY!

Just my guess.

Yes, there could be. But the odds of that happening aren't good enough to play on. Some dumb money already entered, as we can see from this spike. This, in turn, made the odds of this happening again even worse.
If I would of wanted to play this, then I would have bought yesterday when the price was down. But I considered it to be a blind bet and didn't see the oods good enough then, so I certainly don't see them god enough now.
It would be very dumb to enter now, when the odds are actually worse then yesterday.
dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:59:30 AM

Some fiat entered. It will probably be around Wednesday when the dumping continues. Till then, the dumpers are waiting if maybe more fiat will be wired, so they can sell with an better price.
I'm not buying into this because it isn't very probable that much more fiat will enter. There hasn't been any important good news about the markets, so nothing has really changed in the long-term.

Your so boring! Could have made yourself some nice money if you werent a perma bear. Just as bad as the permabulls calling bear trap all the way down.

Yeah, I'm totally boring, that I sold on top of the last bull market, and refuse to play the bear market where the odds are actually against you.
Degenerate gamblers don't care about the odds, they just want to feel the adrenaline by taking blind risks. I'm a different kind of gambler, the boring kind.

Of course you did...

Plus Im referring to your repetative bear posts rather than your 'gambling' skills

Anyway even if you did, its all good selling your one coin for $1100 but if your gonna be a perma bear then your not gonna buy it back until $900 Wink I can guarantee you that a lot of people have made more than you will have made with no real risk. How is it a gamble to buy in the mid $300's and sell for $150/BTC 3 days later. If you could explain how the odds are against you just because its generally been in a down trend? Theres money to be made going both ways...
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:00:24 AM

Explanation
seldon

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:01:21 AM

Last chance to sell this high boys. We Won't see this price again.

Good call! Oh wait, you said "sell"..
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:01:27 AM

This "rally" is so absolutely obviously fake.

This is shorts covering in anticipation of a post April 15th run-up. And some traders going long because the 1 day MACD crossed over. Whoppty freaking do!  Until we get some FRESH FIAT into the market the BEAR remains.

Even if the "banks dont close in China" or there is some semi-temporary work around, I can guarantee you FRESH FIAT is not entering those exchanges. How do I know? Because the market hasn't even had a decent attempt at a rally in weeks. Money is LEAVING exchanges. Its as plain as the big nose your face Wink

This will end eventually, but we are going to go on a slow drip for a while longer.  

My trading strategy for the last few weeks is to take TERA's bearish expectations of rallys, take 30-40% of the top of the his prediction high price estimate and short from there.

That's how bearish we are right now. The market is 30-40% more bearish than TERA.

Think about that.
seljo
Legendary

Activity: 1178
Merit: 1014

Hodling since 2011.®

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:03:26 AM

Train or shuttle?  Grin

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:04:04 AM

I do recall that one of the posts you put in some words of attribution for someone... and probably in that case, it would have been good to note it (or maybe say it in small type ... ).. whatever, it was kind of a joke or a way to dig in at someone in a strategic way... .. 

oh yeah, that one... was more of a joke but turns out she was very annoyed at having her character defiled on a public site.... funny that.

Gosh...I'm reminded of an Oscar Wilde quote.

Just to clarify. 

Chessnut was compelled to delete a post in which he had falsely created a post by myself; he then tried to use that forged post to coerce me, thus revealing his true character.  Here is a young boy who desperately needs the attention and validation of an internet forum: when he is caught out by his own words he resorts to personal attacks and then to manipulating posts in the last resort to 'win' an argument.

I have no 'reputation' or 'character' to be 'defiled' (I wonder if Chessnut means the real meaning of the word, probably not), these are constructs he places a value upon: yet he seeks to belittle new users here at every opportunity often under the guise of 'help'. 

He is a bully and while the males ignore the yelping puppy, he is irate to distraction that a woman twice his age and more berates his behaviour.

Nanobrain,

You have come out with some pretty big doosies yourself... You should NOT consider Chestnut a threat to you.. if it really is true that you are much older than him, then show some maturity yourself.

I have seen Chestnut get bullied by a bunch of other posters here, too... and then he seems to NOT be sophisticated enough to handle all the crap that is thrown at him..

Anyhow, my point is that even though Chestnut may exaggerate a bit ---- he does NOT seem to be engaging any meaningful and purposefully harmful conduct... NOT that i have seen, so far.  Even the post in which he made a false attribution to you praising him... that merely seem to be an attempt to get back at you in a humorous way... which you took personal... so why let a little kid win.. if you truly are the adult, you should be able to figure out ways to persuade him to cooperate rather than seeming to order him around... or to berate him... that tactic does NOT seem productive in my thinking.

octaft

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:04:48 AM

Regardless, you can't lord a couple of IQ points over anybody, because IQ fails to take into account a lot of factors regarding intelligence. There's plenty of articles available on the internet on why IQ tests alone are useless to determine someone's actual intelligence level. Seriously, a simple google search for "IQ tests inaccurate" will turn up dozens of results. Here's one: http://www.webmd.com/brain/news/20121218/iq-test-really-measure-intelligence  -- The gist of it is IQ can be useful, but is wholly inadequate in getting a good determination on how intelligent someone is. You need multiple tests focusing on various factors to get a better idea.

Ever met the guy who was a logic and math wiz, but couldn't navigate a social situation to save his life and was quite aloof? If he took an IQ test, he'd crush it, but if you tried to socially interact with the guy, you'd wonder how many types of idiot he was.

I do not at all believe in creationism, by the way.

Sorry, I didn't read whole discussion from the very beginning (perhaps, something about "stupid Brazilians?").

But despite of IQ test being not proper tool to measure "total" intellect of the person, it doesn't contradicts with the fact that some "races" performs worse in mathematical tasks whereas other might be better in social.

You might say that "they're not worse, they're just the different", but that it doesn't take away fact that some Brazilians are worse in math that Norwegians (no idea honestly, just to illustrate).

You've got to take into account things like opportunities for learning that are available, though. Maybe schools in some places aren't teaching as well as schools in other places, and that causes the disparity. The simple fact is, there was not even close to enough evidence provided by anyone in this thread for them to be able to assert as fact that one group of people is smarter than another.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:09:56 AM

I once left my motorcycle outside downtown with the ignition hotwired.  It wasnt there when I came back.  I don't blame the city. I don't defame it or consider its people more or less criminal than those of other cities.
Come on, it was not that petty vandalism of Wikipedia that gave me that negative view of the bitcoin "ecosystem".  It is the bulk of what I have read over these four months, especially the hype coming from the "great names". 

Bitcoin was crippled by two great disasters: first, its adoption by "libertarians", and, second, the blooming of the Chinese market.  These developments turned what could have been a great e-commerce invention into the instrument of a legion of skimmers, scammers, and common criminals.  Will the "pure" bitcoiners (if there are any left) have the will and power to get rid of those parasites, before they kill the idea?  I don't see that happening.

So let me get this straight: Bitcoin was crippled by smart people spotting the value of it before you? Libertarians and Chinese have average I.Q.s substantially higher than Latin Americans, Buddy. It doesn't mean we always use those brains wisely and we may be naive to think others generally play fair, but that's projection. It's because we do play fair. My money is at the risk of the market and yours is guarded by Statist thugs. You have no problem with government jackboots as long as they are under your control. It's not the Chinese involvement that's crippling Bitcoin right now. It's the PBoC's involvement. 

Everyone knows Sao Paulo is a shithole.  Coming from your perspective, You may think the whole world is a shithole too. It's not. We will absorb the Chinese dump if it happens at some price level. I don't know what that level is and I don't have to. It will likely take months or years to consolidate before the next rally and that's fine too.

Howz the Real doing, Prof? Ya got great confidence in your national currency? I read the story about how it was created. I couldn't believe Brazilians were that stupid. Then I started reading your posts. You rail against private sector scammers and ignore the greatest scammers of all: The governments of the world. Then you say "Yes, the government has problems, but it would be so much better if only people like me were in charge."  That would be a disaster. I'm comforted by the fact that the sociopaths who run the governments would never let that happen. 

You don't know shit about economics. You don't even think there is anything to know. You're not even coherent enough to be wrong. Incentives work. Can you get that into your thick bald head? This will blow over. It's going to suck in the meantime, but at least I won't have to wait it out in a suburb of a giant slum that smells like a sewer.

Even if Professor Jorge happens to be wrong about a few of these matters including his denigration of libertarians and chinese, and some of his analytical work regarding bitcoin seems to be biased, I do NOT see any reason in this situation to resort to personally insulting him or his country.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:12:42 AM

2h SMP500 vs dollar.

2h bitcoin vs dollar.

I know which one I would rather short......

but look at the correlation (inverse)
Mervyn_Pumpkinhead
Legendary

Activity: 876

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:12:46 AM

Your so boring! Could have made yourself some nice money if you werent a perma bear. Just as bad as the permabulls calling bear trap all the way down.

Yeah, I'm totally boring, that I sold on top of the last bull market, and refuse to play the bear market where the odds are actually against you.
Degenerate gamblers don't care about the odds, they just want to feel the adrenaline by taking blind risks. I'm a different kind of gambler, the boring kind.

Of course you did...

Plus Im referring to your repetative bear posts rather than your 'gambling' skills

Anyway even if you did, its all good selling your one coin for $1100 but if your gonna be a perma bear then your not gonna buy it back until $900 Wink I can guarantee you that a lot of people have made more than you will have made with no real risk. How is it a gamble to buy in the mid $300's and sell for $150/BTC 3 days later. If you could explain how the odds are against you just because its generally been in a down trend? Theres money to be made going both ways...

I would play an bear market, if I had enough invested, so I could control the general direction of the market. Meaning that I could know the future by creating the future.
You need more education then I'm able to offer you, when you can't understand how the odds are against you during playing bear markets.
Only degenerate gamblers feel bad when they lose the opportunity of winning an blind bet with bad odds. The boring kind of gamblers don't care much, because they know that better opportunities always present themselves in the future.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:13:48 AM

What was the reason for this massive buy? The OKcoinATMs ?

Shorts covering. Longs expecting market to rise when all Chinese operations don't cease to exist on the 15th. Longs chasing the 1 day MACD.

This is Custards last stand before we see $270.

A day or so ago, we broke through months long resistance to $340. And we have rallied on no volume.

This is all smoke and mirrors right now.

The only people screaming "bear market over" are those that totally ignore that the technicals are nothing like they were in July 2013.

I'm not saying this is 2011 all over again. But its certainly not 2013 either.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 09:15:02 AM

Train or shuttle?  Grin

for this week I suggest a shuttle.

Till Friday I predict 700$ easily!
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:17:47 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 09:29:52 AM by PoolMinor

Gosh...I'm reminded of an Oscar Wilde quote.

Just to clarify.  

Chessnut was compelled to delete a post in which he had falsely created a post by myself; he then tried to use that forged post to coerce me, thus revealing his true character.  Here is a young boy who desperately needs the attention and validation of an internet forum: when he is caught out by his own words he resorts to personal attacks and then to manipulating posts in the last resort to 'win' an argument.

I have no 'reputation' or 'character' to be 'defiled' (I wonder if Chessnut means the real meaning of the word, probably not), these are constructs he places a value upon: yet he seeks to belittle new users here at every opportunity often under the guise of 'help'.  

He is a bully and while the males ignore the yelping puppy, he is irate to distraction that a woman twice his age and more berates his behaviour.

Not to butt in, you are aware that there is another site that "mirrors" this site. With a simple query of your name in this thread you can find proof of your original posts as well as his.
https://bitcointa.lk
p0peji

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:18:16 AM

What was the reason for this massive buy? The OKcoinATMs ?

Shorts covering. Longs expecting market to rise when all Chinese operations don't cease to exist on the 15th. Longs chasing the 1 day MACD.

This is Custards last stand before we see $270.

A day or so ago, we broke through months long resistance to $340. And we have rallied on no volume.

This is all smoke and mirrors right now.

The only people screaming "bear market over" are those that totally ignore that the technicals are nothing like they were in July 2013.

I'm not saying this is 2011 all over again. But its certainly not 2013 either.

We just have to wait for the bulls, who so dearly are wishing the downtrend does not continue, to give up already.
dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:21:51 AM

Of course you did...

I would play an bear market, if I had enough invested, so I could control the general direction of the market. Meaning that I could know the future by creating the future.
You need more education then I'm able to offer you, when you can't understand how the odds are against you during playing bear markets.
Only degenerate gamblers feel bad when they lose the opportunity of winning an blind bet with bad odds. The boring kind of gamblers don't care much, because they know that better opportunities always present themselves in the future.

No you need more of an education than I'm able to offer you. Its not a blind bet or bad odds just because its a bear market. Do you think that traders in other markets who are very succesful only trade bull markets? If you dont have the skills or expertise to trade it thats your problem but dont berate those who do or those that want to.

I can tell your going to be that guy who moans all the way up and when the price next drops be the I told you so one, don't worry there's always one.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 09:28:30 AM

You're welcome. I bought most of them for less than $20. I have plenty more in cold storage. How dumb do you think we are?

I don't think you're dumb. I'm just celebrating the rise of BTC price, which is, last time I checked, a Good Thing (TM).

Could be a bull trap for all I know Smiley Show some sense of humor, man.

It is very likely a bull trap, or more specifically, a short squeeze attempt. There was a coordinated evaporation of buy orders this morning followed by a coordinated pump on all major exchanges. I'm a Bitcoin true believer as anyone who follows this thread knows, but these price movements aren't normal and wreak of pump and dump.  If it really is the train, there will be plenty of stops and I'll board then. 
Pages: « 1 ... 5853 5854 5855 5856 5857 5858 5859 5860 5861 5862 5863 5864 5865 5866 5867 5868 5869 5870 5871 5872 5873 5874 5875 5876 5877 5878 5879 5880 5881 5882 5883 5884 5885 5886 5887 5888 5889 5890 5891 5892 5893 5894 5895 5896 5897 5898 5899 5900 5901 5902 [5903] 5904 5905 5906 5907 5908 5909 5910 5911 5912 5913 5914 5915 5916 5917 5918 5919 5920 5921 5922 5923 5924 5925 5926 5927 5928 5929 5930 5931 5932 5933 5934 5935 5936 5937 5938 5939 5940 5941 5942 5943 5944 5945 5946 5947 5948 5949 5950 5951 5952 5953 ... 33332 »
  Print  

Jump to: