June 26, 2024, 04:05:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 10252 10253 10254 10255 10256 10257 10258 10259 10260 10261 10262 10263 10264 10265 10266 10267 10268 10269 10270 10271 10272 10273 10274 10275 10276 10277 10278 10279 10280 10281 10282 10283 10284 10285 10286 10287 10288 10289 10290 10291 10292 10293 10294 10295 10296 10297 10298 10299 10300 10301 [10302] 10303 10304 10305 10306 10307 10308 10309 10310 10311 10312 10313 10314 10315 10316 10317 10318 10319 10320 10321 10322 10323 10324 10325 10326 10327 10328 10329 10330 10331 10332 10333 10334 10335 10336 10337 10338 10339 10340 10341 10342 10343 10344 10345 10346 10347 10348 10349 10350 10351 10352 ... 33484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26407137 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
octaft

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:22:37 PM

Every average person is capable of securing a large amount of bitcoin using a Trezor, if he's not, too bad for him. His assumption makes no sense, even your own answer refutes that. If the average person doesn't give a shit about bitcoin, it's likely they haven't tried securing some. So how can you tell they are incapable? Just because he is?

If someone has never tried something, how could they possibly know how to do it? If somebody has never played golf, for example, would you find a need to speculate on whether or not they can hit birdies?

I'm not going around telling people that my neighbour can't play golf, just because I can't, either.

I mean personally I took "plumber" as more "Joe the Plumber" and less "guy who cleans shit from your toilet." Joe Schmoe, John Q. Public, just a quick throwaway to make his point. "How can I ask someone who isn't exposed to this stuff all the time to try to secure it."

Now, do I know for sure what he meant? No, I'm not a mind reader, and neither are you. For all we know, maybe he fucking hates plumbers and wants to see them all die, and thinks they're the lowest form of life on earth. All I'm saying is you cannot tell any of that -- or any of what you are accusing him of -- simply from what he said.

I am curious why you feel the need to pick this battle, though. Of all the things to address on what he said, this is the fight you choose? Do you come from a line of genius plumbers and take personal offense to this or something?
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:23:32 PM

...he has the illusion in his head of being superior, also towards women.

In other words, a typical Bitcoiner.
What's your point?
fonsie

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:39:25 PM

Every average person is capable of securing a large amount of bitcoin using a Trezor, if he's not, too bad for him. His assumption makes no sense, even your own answer refutes that. If the average person doesn't give a shit about bitcoin, it's likely they haven't tried securing some. So how can you tell they are incapable? Just because he is?

If someone has never tried something, how could they possibly know how to do it? If somebody has never played golf, for example, would you find a need to speculate on whether or not they can hit birdies?

I'm not going around telling people that my neighbour can't play golf, just because I can't, either.

I mean personally I took "plumber" as more "Joe the Plumber" and less "guy who cleans shit from your toilet." Joe Schmoe, John Q. Public, just a quick throwaway to make his point. "How can I ask someone who isn't exposed to this stuff all the time to try to secure it."

Now, do I know for sure what he meant? No, I'm not a mind reader, and neither are you. For all we know, maybe he fucking hates plumbers and wants to see them all die, and thinks they're the lowest form of life on earth. All I'm saying is you cannot tell any of that -- or any of what you are accusing him of -- simply from what he said.

I am curious why you feel the need to pick this battle, though. Of all the things to address on what he said, this is the fight you choose? Do you come from a line of genius plumbers and take personal offense to this or something?

I've got a problem with his general attitude of being "superior", meanwhile he's incapable of securing some bitcoins, therefore his neighbour who's not an IT guy, must be to.
When he sees a picture of a girl way out of his league, it's automatically a whore... and so on and so on.

First guy that replies back, is called a pig. Point made, I rest my case.

gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:43:44 PM

NotLambchop,

So much hard work (trolling) devoted to counter the bulls with solid Fud.
  When once you hold precious btc and parted from them at 600-ish  ( so late  Roll Eyes )
  And now you plan to buy back, as you are working hard for those discounted coins all day long
  If you were certain of your arguments, should have opened a big short long time and advertise it here
  You just want to buy back cheaper
  Disappointing bear are you
  We need a true disbeliever!
fonsie

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:47:29 PM

NotLambchop,

When once you hold precious btc and parted from them at 600-ish  ( so late  Roll Eyes )
  And now you plan to buy back, as you are working hard for those discounted coins all day long
  If you were certain of your arguments, should have opened a big short long time and advertise it here.
  You just want to buy back cheaper.

Thank god we still have the bears and trolls, they are the sole indicator that Bitcoin is doing just fine.

Oh, yes and all the positive developments going on around in the real world. Almost forgot those.
Dump3er

Activity: 1414
Merit: 562

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:51:12 PM

You'd think we'd hit October's low or something. Instead we barely broke below $300 on much lower volume.

No doubt, bullish!

If it goes down to 10$, it's still up to 500% from 2011 low - so that would be bullish, too. That's permabull-logic, kinda' cool logic...
LOBSTER

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:51:41 PM

NotLambchop,

When once you hold precious btc and parted from them at 600-ish  ( so late  Roll Eyes )
  If you were certain of your arguments, should have opened a big short long time and advertise it here.
  You just want to buy back cheaper.

Thank god we still have the bears and trolls, they are the sole indicator that Bitcoin is doing just fine.

Oh, yes and all the positive developments going on around in the real world. Almost forgot those.

I hate bears and trolls. Stupid FUDding.
octaft

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:51:57 PM

I've got a problem with his general attitude of being "superior", meanwhile he's incapable of securing some bitcoins, therefore his neighbour who's not an IT guy, must be to.
When he sees a picture of a girl way out of his league, it's automatically a whore... and so on and so on.

I've never read any of the other guys posts that I can recall (maybe it's just that none of them were memorable for me?), so you were originally making your point with information I wasn't privy to. If you're right, then cool, whatever, he's an asshole. Going on that one post alone, though, you can't necessarily say that, and as for him calling you a pig, that could just be both of you going back and forth trying to insult each other for no reason, so I disregard that when making an assessment.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:00:14 PM

Explanation
LOBSTER

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:01:02 PM

New stable price @ 300$?
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:15:40 PM

NotLambchop,

When once you hold precious btc and parted from them at 600-ish  ( so late  Roll Eyes )
  If you were certain of your arguments, should have opened a big short long time and advertise it here

Nah, no certainty on my part.  Since you know that I averaged in the 600s (wasn't a single sell, who does that?), you also prob'ly know that I haven't done any serious trading for over a year.
I started posting in this thread when BTC was above $500 (on the way down), and never bragged about my trading because I find doing so distasteful.  Some bulltards goaded me into revealing what little you know, so yah, faux pas on my part.  Not losing sleep over it tho.

Why is it you think that I'm looking to get back in again?
fonsie

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:16:29 PM

Ouch, NotLampchop just posted using the wrong account Silverspoon. Post is already removed and reposted.

Lol
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:17:45 PM

^

Your tinfoil hat broke Sad
YourMother
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1046

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 06:19:36 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2015, 06:32:40 PM by YourMother

Fonzie, you dumb goofy PIG! Just because i said about a cameltoe exposing favela whore that she's worth satoshis that doesn't mean that i'm generalizing towards all women. Why are you putting words in my mouth ?

Superiority ? Did you even read my original comment or you just took chunks out of it and created an opinion ? I just exposed some of the problems that the "Average Joe" is prone to encounter and even myself, as an IT guy.

If you think that "Joe the Plumber" will start his first Bitcoin experience with Trezor, then you are fucking delusional. Not to mention that Trezor still doesn't answer to my other concerns that i've wrote in the first comment.

Also, till Joe will even know that Trezor exists, he will get through - learning how to use a bank account - online exchange registration process (risk of having info stolen by exploits, keyloggers, malware etc) - Buying Bitcoin (exchange going offline and running with the money, keyloggers, exploits etc) - Sending Bitcoins to his cold pc wallet (risk of hdd crash, viruses, keyloggers, data loss on TRIM SSD, theft, flood, earthquake, you name it). Do you want me to continue ?

How many of us started with Trezor after the first hours of knowing about BTC and purchasing it ? Huh ? Just because it's a normal process to you know this doesn't mean that it's as easy for the rest of the world.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:20:17 PM

NotLambchop,

Nah, no certainty on my part.  Since you know that I averaged in the 600s (wasn't a single sell, who does that?), you also prob'ly know that I haven't done any serious trading for over a year.
I started posting in this thread when BTC was above $500 (on the way down), and never bragged about my trading because I find doing so distasteful.  Some bulltards goaded me into revealing what little you know, so yah, faux pas on my part.  Not losing sleep over it tho.

Because you're here  Smiley
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:22:29 PM

NotLambchop,

Nah, no certainty on my part.  Since you know that I averaged in the 600s (wasn't a single sell, who does that?), you also prob'ly know that I haven't done any serious trading for over a year.
I started posting in this thread when BTC was above $500 (on the way down), and never bragged about my trading because I find doing so distasteful.  Some bulltards goaded me into revealing what little you know, so yah, faux pas on my part.  Not losing sleep over it tho.

I find doing so distasteful. How Elegant of you! No doubt everyone noticed you are gentleman!

Maybe you convinced your own acting and change mind, but why are you not shorting?
Whats the point lurking here if you aint buying nor shorting?
Jorge wants to save poor new souls, Whats yours? to save bitcoiners?

Really i could understand your work here, if you shorted you know..

btw Silverspoon replied me, now original post owner changed to Notlambchop . Black Magic???
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:39:10 PM

NotLambchop,

Nah, no certainty on my part.  Since you know that I averaged in the 600s (wasn't a single sell, who does that?), you also prob'ly know that I haven't done any serious trading for over a year.
I started posting in this thread when BTC was above $500 (on the way down), and never bragged about my trading because I find doing so distasteful.  Some bulltards goaded me into revealing what little you know, so yah, faux pas on my part.  Not losing sleep over it tho.

I find doing so distasteful. How Elegant of you! No doubt everyone noticed you are gentleman!

Maybe you convinced your own acting and change mind, but why are you not shorting?
Whats the point lurking here if you aint buying nor shorting?
Jorge wants to save poor new souls, Whats yours? to save bitcoiners?

Really i could understand your work here, if you shorted you know..

btw Silverspoon replied me, now original post owner changed to Notlambchop . Black Magic???

My original intent was to educate you.  But, as most noble goals pitted against the paranoia & uneducability of Bitcoiners on these fora, that one was quickly frustrated Sad
And then it hit me:  Why go against my [untalented & sullen] charges' nature?  Why not let things develop organically, allowing you to make your mistakes & get laughed at when you [predictably and clumsily] fall?
Create an environment in which you could do what it is you do, and I point fingers and laugh?
A sort of Pavlovian electrified floor of a place, where you could be conditioned, by rote, to avoid pain?
I've been here ever since Smiley

*BZZZTTT!*
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1180

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 06:39:57 PM

I just woke up to sub $300!
Immediately logs into circle and buys more coin  Grin

>circle
Will regret unless stolen CC.

I've used circle for many buys, no fails. Sorry you can't figure it out lammy
fonsie

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:41:31 PM

Fonzie, you dumb goofy PIG! Just because i said about a cameltoe exposing favela whore that she's worth satoshis that doesn't mean that i'm generalizing towards all women. Why are you putting words in my mouth ?

Superiority ? Did you even read my original comment or you just took chunks out of it and created an opinion ? I just exposed some of the problems that the "Average Joe" is prone to encounter and even myself, as an IT guy.

If you think that "Joe the Plumber" will start his first Bitcoin experience with Trezor, then you are fucking delusional. Not to mention that Trezor still doesn't answer to my other concerns that i've wrote in the first comment.

Also, till Joe will even know that Trezor exists, he will get through - learning how to use a bank account - online exchange registration process (risk of having info stolen by exploits, keyloggers, malware etc) - Buying Bitcoin (exchange going offline and running with the money, keyloggers, exploits etc) - Sending Bitcoins to his cold pc wallet (risk of hdd crash, viruses, keyloggers, data loss on TRIM SSD, theft, flood, earthquake, you name it). Do you want me to continue ?

How many of us started with Trezor after the first hours of knowing about BTC and purchasing it ? Huh ? Just because it's a normal process to you know this doesn't mean that it's as easy for the rest of the world.

By your logic, it's safer to just going back using sea shells.

PS: I might be a dumb goofy PIG, but you're definately one stupid IT guy, if you personally are concerned about exploits, keyloggers, malware, etc... Well you're just not very good at your job then.
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:44:07 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2015, 07:06:22 PM by Wandererfromthenorth

Some people are here in this forum not because they want to buy your bags rebuy cheaper, but simply because bitcoin is backed by gold.
Comedy gold.  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 10252 10253 10254 10255 10256 10257 10258 10259 10260 10261 10262 10263 10264 10265 10266 10267 10268 10269 10270 10271 10272 10273 10274 10275 10276 10277 10278 10279 10280 10281 10282 10283 10284 10285 10286 10287 10288 10289 10290 10291 10292 10293 10294 10295 10296 10297 10298 10299 10300 10301 [10302] 10303 10304 10305 10306 10307 10308 10309 10310 10311 10312 10313 10314 10315 10316 10317 10318 10319 10320 10321 10322 10323 10324 10325 10326 10327 10328 10329 10330 10331 10332 10333 10334 10335 10336 10337 10338 10339 10340 10341 10342 10343 10344 10345 10346 10347 10348 10349 10350 10351 10352 ... 33484 »
  Print  

Jump to: