May 03, 2024, 11:55:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28280 28281 28282 28283 28284 28285 28286 28287 28288 28289 28290 28291 28292 28293 28294 28295 28296 28297 28298 28299 28300 28301 28302 28303 28304 28305 28306 28307 28308 28309 28310 28311 28312 28313 28314 28315 28316 28317 28318 28319 28320 28321 28322 28323 28324 28325 28326 28327 28328 28329 [28330] 28331 28332 28333 28334 28335 28336 28337 28338 28339 28340 28341 28342 28343 28344 28345 28346 28347 28348 28349 28350 28351 28352 28353 28354 28355 28356 28357 28358 28359 28360 28361 28362 28363 28364 28365 28366 28367 28368 28369 28370 28371 28372 28373 28374 28375 28376 28377 28378 28379 28380 ... 33320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371674 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3426
Merit: 4344

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 05:33:06 PM
Merited by shahzadafzal (1)

Pakistani province plans to build pilot crypto currency mining farms.

The Pakistani province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is planning to build two hydroelectric-powered pilot “mining farms” to capitalise on a bullish global cryptocurrency market, a minister overseeing a new government crypto policy told Reuters on Wednesday.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2891

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 05:39:53 PM

choppa update now with an enhanced version, flipped and transparent Smiley thanks fillippone and shahzadafzal

vroom did you check fuel in your chopper? Why it’s not moving?
It barely touched $60k... we need more fuel!!!

shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2891

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 05:48:07 PM
Merited by Paashaas (1)

The Pakistani province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is planning to build two hydroelectric-powered pilot “mining farms” to capitalise on a bullish global cryptocurrency market, a minister overseeing a new government crypto policy told Reuters on Wednesday.

Go green... go bitcoin...!!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10209

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 05:49:45 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2021, 06:03:45 PM by JayJuanGee

Why are some Bitcoiners getting bent out of shape about this?  Just because NFTs run on generalized smart-contract chains,0 which Bitcoin is not?

Sure, that might be part of the reason that bitcoiners are getting worked-up.. and there is a bit of a problem with supposed rare tokens or whatever other bullshit supposedly being pegged to something to cause them to not be able to be replicated, and sure there might be some truth in that - at least in practice, but seems that a large number of bitcoiners actually realize that bitcoin is really the ONLY thing so far that has really solved the electronic duplication problem by being able to confirm such.. and so there is no other electronic or crypto currency or whatever the fuck you want to call them, such as NFT that is actually being backed up by a non-duplicability system... such as bitcoin.. in other words bitcoin is the only NFT that actually matters and is actually backed up by proof of work and other bitcoin systems that are in place... sure there could be some ways to attempt to peg other NFTs to bitcoin in order to ensure non-fungibliity.. but even that might be questionable.. and has become even more questionable when pegged to stupid ass scam smoke and mirror projects, such as ethereum... or whatever happens to be the changeable peg that is being claimed to be non-fungible.

Bitcoin had NFTs for about a decade. They're called colored coins. There was even a collectible card game created.

What am I missing. Why are people thinking NFTs are new?

Sure.. the essence of the idea is to roll it out in a kind of new way that makes it seem innovative and blah blah blah... and the ponzi scheme actually appears to be "new" when it is just another way to engage in obfuscation in order for some earlier folks to take advantage of hype and various kinds of impressions of value when actually very little (if any) exists in actual reality.. beyond dee pumpenings.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10209

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 05:59:11 PM

70k here we go come.

ftfy

80x      ??

I am playing it safe with 6x scalping with each small dip Cheesy I want to sleep but I cant. Already made 10% Cheesy

Anything beyond 1x seems dangerous to me, but sure maybe it is a matter of perspective because likely there are ways to increase the multiple (the quantity of x) and attempt to maintain a kind of neutral position rather than either gambling or lop-siding way too much..

One of the good things about 1x continues to be that there remains a bit of a disinclination to attempt to bet on down, but I surely do appreciate and recognize that there are going to be times in which down becomes quite a bit more likely which would include strong kinds of inclinations that the UPpity has run its course, but part of the problem remains various difficulties in really being able to identifying when the UPpity has adequately and meaningfully run its course, which frequently seems to be devolving into gambling rather than meaningful and measured calculations that really are grounded in solid maths and sciences.

Edit: leverage trading is a bad idea right now actually. With the stim money coming in, whales are going to start spooking the newcomers with flash dumps.

Leveraging always seems to be a less than preferable idea... especially when we are actually referring to king daddy.... but hey, to each their own.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2021, 06:01:42 PM

Great news! Someone upgraded the Bitcoin protocol to allow for the purchase of NFTs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmFjmvwPGKU

Thanks for this, I wasn't at all aware of "Colored Coins". Their website is down, they don't seem to be very popular these days, which does not take away from their significance. Speaking of popularity, for all we know, NFTs, in their current implementation, may die out sooner than we think, or they may not. This NFT thing is new to me and I need to read/research more about it to be able to have an informed opinion. The thing that bothers me is that it involves Ethereum, just like the ICO craze. I've never owned Ethereum and don't intend to, purely out of principle (I absolutely hated their blockchain transaction reversal fiasco that happened years ago). To me, anything involving Ethereum has a tendency to be a solution looking for a problem—yes, I'm that biased against it...

Will watch this space and see how things go. One should be open to new ideas and be ready to embrace and support them if they are worthy and useful in solving real problems and making our lives better. Having said that, history in this space has taught us time and time again that there is only one King Daddy, and that's Bitcoin. So, I would be much more supportive of NFTs that could use Bitcoin as the basis for their settlement layer.

If you want to start digging into the next big thing for Bitcoin I suggest you check this out:

https://www.rgbfaq.com/

NFTs, Smart Contracts, DEXs, etc. on the Bitcoin lightning network.

It will require patience, and the first implementations will be like the early days of Bitcoin where you need to know what's going on under the hood to get things to work. Initially. Functional basic wallet is expected by this June or July.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2117

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 06:02:45 PM

The taxes part, purse just sends me an email saying the price adjusted, and it's usually due to the taxes, then I have to "approve". So that's what I do. If I buy it myself through the regular amazon page, I get the same taxes either way, so I just take whatever 20%, 25% up to 33% that I can get. It's the same for me.

Must be different depending on location. Here, I seem to get taxes charged even when Amazon is showing no charges and I've never had a notification about price change.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7986

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 06:04:29 PM

Bank of New York Mellon Invests in Crypto Startup.

Bank of New York Mellon Corp is investing in a cryptocurrency startup, the latest move by a traditional Wall Street player to embrace digital assets.

The startup, Fireblocks, builds tools for the secure storage and transfer of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. BNY Mellon plans to use Fireblocks’s technology to underpin a new business that the bank unveiled last month, in which it plans to serve as a custodian for digital assets on behalf of institutional investors.

Doesn't sound appealing, what they actually mean by "custodian for digital assets".

Probably just a re-branded core wallet on air-gapped machines sold for 20X over cost.

Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2091
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 06:10:54 PM

Hello!
In my brain is the seed code to 1 bitcoin.
Revive me and it is yours.

1. They will revive your head.
2. They will be holding a 5$ wrench.

If the future has the tech to revive dead heads, maybe they can just scan the brain to see if they can extract any information from it, without waking you up.

*edit* watch Santa Monica Diet. It's a zombie series thing, and one of the characters end up as just a talking head. He's stuck in someone's basement, but has a headset so he can make calls on the phone. LOL. Just a head, no body.

I'm thinking of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor_Dowell%27s_Head

Professor Dowell's Head is a 1925 science fiction story

Professor Dowell and his assistant surgeon Dr. Kern are working on medical problems including life support in separated body parts.
Dr. Kern kills Dowell. Professor Dowell's head is now kept alive and used by Dr. Kern for extraction of scientific secrets;

Extraction of secrets... hmm...
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2021, 06:21:02 PM

^ What am I going to do exactly with those dollars when dead?

I have heirs. Even if you don't have any, you'd probably like to be buried and have everything taken care of, so there are "death plans" for that purpose. A small "token" life insurance plan assigning a close friend to be beneficiary and a "dead man's switch" email saying "here, you get $100k when i died, please bury my body somewhere, or cremate it, ble bleh and keep the change."

Think: "What would a Pharaoh do?"

Edit: This would also be a good time to do the cyronics thing. If you have nothing to lose, why the fuck not? Just get the following tattoed on your forehead and put on your tank:

Hello!

Include the public key and a signed message saying the above on the bitcoin.

When 1btc is enough to buy a planet you can be SURE that people will do anything to get your mind back. Then go and withdraw your other 100 BTC and be a God in the future.

This.

Get a brain wallet and freeze yourself.

I have a friend in the transhumanism movement that was telling people to buy just $100 worth of Bitcoin when the price was around $1. Telling them they can keep their Bitcoins in a brain wallet and there would be incentive to revive you. He listened to his own advice and bought a lot more than $100 worth at $1. Now he is working on the next step of being able to be kept frozen for a long time. Without interference from governments...which is part of the point of making seasteading happen. The next phase will not be televised.

Save your bitcoins.
vroom
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1681

a Cray can run an endless loop in under 4 hours

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 06:22:58 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), Paashaas (1), d_eddie (1)

A few days ago, India once again announced a Bitcoin ban. Trading and possession of cryptocurrencies is punishable by up to 10 years in prison. Owners of cryptocurrencies have 6 months to get rid of them.

And what does the arch-enemy Pakistan do? Builds two mining farms Smiley
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3003

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 06:36:24 PM

Hello!

1. They will revive your head.
2. They will be holding a 5$ wrench.

Think about inflation!
It will be a 500.000$ wrench then  Cheesy
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 06:44:47 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Why are some Bitcoiners getting bent out of shape about this?  Just because NFTs run on generalized smart-contract chains,0 which Bitcoin is not?

Sure, that might be part of the reason that bitcoiners are getting worked-up.. and there is a bit of a problem with supposed rare tokens or whatever other bullshit supposedly being pegged to something to cause them to not be able to be replicated, and sure there might be some truth in that - at least in practice, but seems that a large number of bitcoiners actually realize that bitcoin is really the ONLY thing so far that has really solved the electronic duplication problem by being able to confirm such.. and so there is no other electronic or crypto currency or whatever the fuck you want to call them, such as NFT that is actually being backed up by a non-duplicability system... such as bitcoin.. in other words bitcoin is the only NFT that actually matters and is actually backed up by proof of work and other bitcoin systems that are in place... sure there could be some ways to attempt to peg other NFTs to bitcoin in order to ensure non-fungibliity.. but even that might be questionable.. and has become even more questionable when pegged to stupid ass scam smoke and mirror projects, such as ethereum... or whatever happens to be the changeable peg that is being claimed to be non-fungible.

Bitcoin had NFTs for about a decade. They're called colored coins. There was even a collectible card game created.

What am I missing. Why are people thinking NFTs are new?

Sure.. the essence of the idea is to roll it out in a kind of new way that makes it seem innovative and blah blah blah... and the ponzi scheme actually appears to be "new" when it is just another way to engage in obfuscation in order for some earlier folks to take advantage of hype and various kinds of impressions of value when actually very little (if any) exists in actual reality.. beyond dee pumpenings.

One of Bitcoin's greatest values actually is its fungibility.
When one understands Bitcoin, why does he get wound up by NFT? Could be that in the more unconscious minds of "the community" a little envy comes into play here?
Because shit tokens with shit value are hyped into billion weighting smart shitchains?
Maybe? It's just a feeling, but what i have learned about hype of this type (vaporhype?) are usually anything but long lived.

Anyway, a collectors item which you can't touch is practically worthless.
The emperors new clothes reloaded.
Dakustaking76

Activity: 579
Merit: 267

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 06:51:15 PM

Bitcoin dead? For the 50000 time

Grin Grin
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 06:55:14 PM
Merited by d_eddie (1)

Grin Grin

The whales are milking the stimmy noobs a bit  Cheesy
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 07:12:03 PM

We do love a pump  Cheesy

Anyone at home yelling “pump” to their screens  Grin Cheesy

No, I'm normal.
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2899

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 07:13:16 PM

Grin Grin

The whales are milking the stimmy noobs a bit  Cheesy

It feels like a bit too early to wipe out the leveraged longs, but maybe whales like to keep ahead of things today.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 07:23:35 PM

Did the stimmy money end already?
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12035

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 07:35:43 PM

Meitu is becoming Asia's
@MicroStrategy
. The Chinese public listed firm has spent $50 million on purchasing #ETH and BTC.

Is the start of an institutional cycle led by Asia?
https://twitter.com/Cointelegraph/status/1372631393046499329?s=20
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1682

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2021, 08:12:48 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

70k here we go come.

ftfy

80x      ??

I am playing it safe with 6x scalping with each small dip Cheesy I want to sleep but I cant. Already made 10% Cheesy

Anything beyond 1x seems dangerous to me, but sure maybe it is a matter of perspective because likely there are ways to increase the multiple (the quantity of x) and attempt to maintain a kind of neutral position rather than either gambling or lop-siding way too much..

One of the good things about 1x continues to be that there remains a bit of a disinclination to attempt to bet on down, but I surely do appreciate and recognize that there are going to be times in which down becomes quite a bit more likely which would include strong kinds of inclinations that the UPpity has run its course, but part of the problem remains various difficulties in really being able to identifying when the UPpity has adequately and meaningfully run its course, which frequently seems to be devolving into gambling rather than meaningful and measured calculations that really are grounded in solid maths and sciences.

Edit: leverage trading is a bad idea right now actually. With the stim money coming in, whales are going to start spooking the newcomers with flash dumps.

Leveraging always seems to be a less than preferable idea... especially when we are actually referring to king daddy.... but hey, to each their own.

As long as you know when to take a loss and don't get too greedy its fine. Also leverage trading is not meant to be hodled. Don't take your eyes off the chart and definitely dont go to sleep, hoping to see your bags triple by the morning.  Get in, wait for another green candle and quickly get out. Dont wait for the top. I take profit as soon as possible and do not fomo back in. Watch out for good news (like stimmy buy ins) aka high volatility in a clear direction and wait for the party to start.
Pages: « 1 ... 28280 28281 28282 28283 28284 28285 28286 28287 28288 28289 28290 28291 28292 28293 28294 28295 28296 28297 28298 28299 28300 28301 28302 28303 28304 28305 28306 28307 28308 28309 28310 28311 28312 28313 28314 28315 28316 28317 28318 28319 28320 28321 28322 28323 28324 28325 28326 28327 28328 28329 [28330] 28331 28332 28333 28334 28335 28336 28337 28338 28339 28340 28341 28342 28343 28344 28345 28346 28347 28348 28349 28350 28351 28352 28353 28354 28355 28356 28357 28358 28359 28360 28361 28362 28363 28364 28365 28366 28367 28368 28369 28370 28371 28372 28373 28374 28375 28376 28377 28378 28379 28380 ... 33320 »
  Print  

Jump to: