May 10, 2024, 12:10:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28249 28250 28251 28252 28253 28254 28255 28256 28257 28258 28259 28260 28261 28262 28263 28264 28265 28266 28267 28268 28269 28270 28271 28272 28273 28274 28275 28276 28277 28278 28279 28280 28281 28282 28283 28284 28285 28286 28287 28288 28289 28290 28291 28292 28293 28294 28295 28296 28297 28298 [28299] 28300 28301 28302 28303 28304 28305 28306 28307 28308 28309 28310 28311 28312 28313 28314 28315 28316 28317 28318 28319 28320 28321 28322 28323 28324 28325 28326 28327 28328 28329 28330 28331 28332 28333 28334 28335 28336 28337 28338 28339 28340 28341 28342 28343 28344 28345 28346 28347 28348 28349 ... 33338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381203 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 06:06:01 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), ivomm (1)

Well I think we should discuss the Mindrust famous momentous incident in much more detail
because, gosh, I don't think we have covered enough of the finer points of this most outrageous move
of him/her selling all his coin. I believe we should write a book and sell the movie rights among other things.

don't mind me bros.... I've been pounding the beers again....

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2912

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 06:14:14 AM

Open offer to readers of the Wall Observer:  I hereby offer to sell my Bitcoin.  All of it.

The price that I offer is 1000 sats per USDT.

I don't understand the 1000 sats / USDT? but at the moment in market it's 1,645 sats / USDT?

Is my math correct? so where is the offer?

I used this converter https://awebanalysis.com/en/convert-satoshi-to-dollar-usd/
1BTC @ $60,879.7695
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 06:15:49 AM

Are we in one of pseudo-stable periods for btc?

I think that a synonym would be "stalled"

It is possible, but honestly, I don't get the hesitation at 58K, it's a number of no clear significance.
Maybe it harks back to the 53K number, which is a $1 tril market cap.
Obviously, we are over that one, but not by much.

None of them mean shit.

Our lil fiend, aka bitcoin, seems to be merely taking  a little breather at random point of hardly any significance...

Don't worry ur lil selfie in regards to the particulars, just make sure dat ur lil selfie is adequately pee pared 4 UPpity.

In udder words, our lil fiend, aka bitcoin, no does not get stalled in the top of a price range.. no does not wurk like dat.

You will thank me later, if you do not get too emotional in regards to my attempt at a mostly substantive response to ur seemingly brainfart post.
 Wink Wink

I largely agree with most everything you say here, AlcoHoDL, except I surely continue to believe that mindrust continues to NOT have anything that is very helpful to say about the "mindrust action," and part of the explanation seems to be that he still fails and refuses to see and understand what he did wrong.. so gosh, sure that can be a bit helpful to show why sometimes people who sell too much too early will frequently rationalize themselves into a kind of fantasyland.. and surely how helpful can it be to see someone going through fantasyland thinking and arguing those points here, if he were to come here.

O.k.. o.k. o.k.  I understand that there is more nuance than what I am making it out to be, so maybe we do need to get mindrust to come back and to bat around some of his nonsense here for a while so we can get refreshed about where he, personally, is at in these times, but I cannot really guarantee that I might not have some lec

Actually he has admitted that he no longer believes in TA and does not listen to Masterluc anymore. 

Baby steps. Smiley

hahahaha

You may well be correct that baby steps could be helpful in the mindrust situation - even though I am having some doubts that there is much cucumber left there - and thinking that the whole cucumber may have already converted into a pickle.. but hey, sure, I don't mind finding out that I was wrong.  No problema.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 06:25:52 AM

lil selfie and other similar jay words etc....

gotta luv ya lil selfie, jay    (nohomo)

(now don't you dare tell me to fuck off or you will hurt my wittle fee fees)
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 2912

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 06:32:21 AM

I used Magic Wand tool in this simple app paint.net and .. Well I'm not that good at graphic design. So for this I had to cut & paste each row one by one and then edit helicopter :p

You can use my this image for your future updates, this is with transparent background and without helicopter https://i.imgur.com/ubfMFDE.png

choppa update now with an enhanced version, flipped and transparent Smiley thanks fillippone and shahzadafzal

I like it!

Some white background pixels are stuck in the numbers; and doing that type of work on a raster image will not yield optimal results, anyway.  vroom, I infer that you created the original as a PDF.  I suggest a PDF rasterizer that directly outputs PNG with a transparent background.  From the poppler-utils package, pdftocairo with the -transp option will do exactly what you want—at excellent quality.  It’s available on Unix-like platforms; and there are MS Windows builds available somewhere on the net, though I can’t assure their quality.  Of course, there are other tools that will achieve the same goal; I simply find that to be the easiest.

PDF is ready...  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-TnLaYoJ78bxQBhSXP-fvykBn6eHZfQM/view?usp=sharing

Well first I have created this in excel https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K07uYS7tm1ZtZzPzaQDsLjTYSE8VUU7F/view?usp=sharing

Then to PDF and then to PNG kind long process..

vroom you are free to use this Excel and PDF for your future updates (I hope BTC will keep you busy 100k isn't that far anymore)

NOTE: I entered the price and dates manually, please check for typo or any mistakes

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 06:38:21 AM
Merited by AlcoHoDL (1)

Good afternoon Bitcoinland and Happy Mindrust Day.

Let's enjoy the fact that we've gone up 1400% in the last 365 days... currently $57304USD/$71468CAD (Bitcoinaverage), up from, $3850 (Stamp) a year ago.

Many people who weren't even millionaires a year ago are multi-millionaires now.

It's been a good year and there's no sign of it slowing down.

Go Bitcoin go.

I may have asked this question before in regards to millionaire versus multi-millionaire and maybe it is more relevant to people now.  

I have my own opinion that you have to reach at least three million to be a multi-millionaire - even though technically 2 million does likely count, but being the conservative guy that I am, I believe that it is better to avoid exaggeration and actually wait until you have at least $3million before claiming to have moved from millionaire status to multi-millionaire status.

Do peeps think differently?  sure probably they do.. but am I right that it is better NOT to exaggerate too much?

In regards to actually reaching multi-millionaire status, 3 million, then a person would need around 54 BTC.. if we might use $55k as the measuring BTC price.

Of course 54 BTC at $3,850 (the low price on March 12, 2020) would have ONLY put such same person in a category of having about $210k of BTC wealth which surely is NOT yet at even millionaire status, as Jimbo stated.

So for sure lives of all BTC HODLers have changed in the last year, and surely those in the solid double digit numbers of BTC have reached pretty decently high statuses.. maybe even approaching fuck you status, depending on standard of living and also methods for ensuring financial (and perhaps psychological) security.

lil selfie and other similar jay words etc....

gotta luv ya lil selfie, jay    (nohomo)

(now don't you dare tell me to fuck off or you will hurt my wittle fee fees)

From your sassy actitude, you must be one of those nouveau richie multi-millionaires, you fuck.. (congrats) (no need to give up OPsec... it's our lil secret; I am not going to tell no body).

Wink Wink Wink
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 06:42:57 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2021, 07:11:14 PM by Biodom

Also, can you post the link for the Saylor vid?

difficult to pinpoint, but here are a couple:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0nAKQz22mY EDIT: here is the original: https://youtu.be/QXh_8uZQ-gA?t=201

another

https://youtu.be/XgqC5_eugJI?t=1460

lots of interesting tidbits in this one, not sure if borrowing is there.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 06:56:43 AM
Merited by Fatman3001 (20)

It is possible, but honestly, I don't get the hesitation at 58K, it's a number of no clear significance.

None of them mean shit.

My first quoted statement is a question with a pseudo- prefix, that's clear to anyone with a bit of reading comprehension.
Second statement is a description of the current (then) action and my surprise about the numbers.
The rest is a product of your active imagination and unnecessary projection.
For a guy who suppose to have buying/selling all figured out (on Excel), you seem to be overly sensitive to market minutia and people's opinions about it.
You are not on 10X margin, are you? That would be sad.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 06:57:25 AM
Merited by Elwar (1)

Here's another. Color me a Saylor fanboy. He gets it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkkXCoAVnX8
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 06:58:20 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2021, 07:13:57 AM by JayJuanGee

Today is the mindrust day. One year ago, on that evil day, mindrust panic sold all his 10BTC stash for $4000 - the average price he has bought his stash. He had twice that sum in fiat, but instead of buying at these incredibly cheap prices, he decided to buy USD, monero and other shitcoins. His ghost is reportedly still appearing from time to timel on bitcointalk topics, arguing that his decision was right. To him and others fallen comrades by the poison of Peter Schiff's kinda FUD, a minute of silence.

No Way! was that a year ago already?
Been having so much fun with the price action recently, time seems to be flying by.
Man that guy couldnt have timed it much worse. Did it ever go lower since he sold?
Anyway, I will remember him fondly.

Ivomm is a wee bit wrong.. because I am pretty sure that mindrust sold his 10 BTC at around $4,500, and yeah the BTC price got down to $3,850 on that same day.. so he did not sell at the absolute bottom..

If you look at the BTC price charts as well from that week or two, there ended up being a pretty significant bounce off of $3,850 that brought Bitcoin prices into the $5ks for a day or two, and then when the BTC price dropped back below $4,500-ish many of us were urging mindrust to buy back some if NOT all of his coins, but he said that he was considerably convinced that the BTC price would be going much lower - including that he was giving quite a bit of credit to Masterluc at the time which Masterluc was calling for BTC to go in to the mid to lower $2ks, if not even sub $2k - even though mindrust was likely NOT going to buy any BTC before we get to some of those lower BTC price levels.. so he was quite disinclined to recoupe any of his losses in the lower $4ks or even mid $4ks that BTC reached on that second time, even though I believe about a week or two later he did end up buying back one bitcoin for perhaps around $6k or maybe slightly lower than that... which he deemed to be a sufficient BTC stash in terms of his being protected in regards to either BTC price direction (UPpity or DOWNity) - yet we know what happened and surely did not seem to be enough protection for UPpity from the perspective of a vast many of us.

None of them mean shit.

My first quoted statement is a question with a pseudo- prefix, that's clear to anyone with a bit of reading comprehension.

So what?  You still said it because you have a dumb-ass and illogical framework in the way that you be thinking about dee corns.

Second statement is a description of current (then) action and my surprise about the numbers.

Still I stand by my statement that you are getting too caught up in numerology and even torque has seemed to have moved away from that approach....even though my mentioning of his name might cause him to come out fighting, too.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Just witnessing some of your surprise and amazement at bullish BTC prices, even though you do seem to be coming around to accepting that the stock-to-flow is largely playing out.. even though you seem somewhat hesitant about it - which I am not really criticizing the hesitancy, probably more the weirdness of your seeming psychological battling and even perhaps ongoing considerations that we might be at a local top.... you keep saying it and sooner or later you are going to end up being right in terms of having those ongoing hesitancies.

For a guy who suppose to have buying/selling all figured out (on Excel), you seem to be overly sensitive to market minutia and people's opinions about it.

That's true.. I do like to question when people are reading bear signs into what seems to be pretty damned obvious ongoing bullish behaviors.. and as you may have forgotten, my system continues to attempt to create ongoing plays that cause me to have NOT hardly any shits in my feelings regarding if the price goes down or up.. even while I see the ongoing pressures keep pushing the price UPpity... oh it sucks so much for me to have my holdings going up with such great substantive amounts of paper profits while I have sales that amount to quite low percentages of the profits - not even going into the principle.. even though technically my quantity of BTC goes down as the price goes up.. but that is all already built into a plan.. and sure sucks that the plan is playing out even way more bullish than I had considered as likely (even though I understood it as a possibility - that's why I created my system).

You should know better than that.. have you learned one fucking thing from my posts over the years that you claimed to have been reading?

I frequently say that you do not need to invest very much into bitcoin in order to become rich as fuck as long as you concentrate on accumulation.., which is largely buying.. which comes in three ways: 1) lump sum buying, 2) DCA buying and 3) buying on dips.  Sure, once you reached your accumulation goals then you can become more flexible.. but I do not fuck around with margin because it is not needed, and I have already reached surplus richie status... seems like I said that too, about a zillion times..(well maybe not quite a zillion, but quite a few times).
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 07:22:57 AM

@JJG,
Dude, now you become unhinged and it shows.
Something is seriously wrong with your strategy if it causes you to run around yelling at people for no reason.
It is not even funny despite all that exaggerated baby talk.
Maybe take a day off and recuperate, ffs?
js

nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2021, 07:27:24 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

If you look at the BTC price charts as well from that week or two, there ended up being a pretty significant bounce off of $3,850 that brought Bitcoin prices into the $5ks for a day or two, and then when the BTC price dropped back below $4,500-ish many of us were urging mindrust to buy back some if NOT all of his coins, but he said that he was considerably convinced that the BTC price would be going much lower - including that he was giving quite a bit of credit to Masterluc at the time which Masterluc was calling for BTC to go in to the mid to lower $2ks, if not even sub $2k - even though mindrust was likely NOT going to buy any BTC before we get to some of those lower BTC price levels.. so he was quite disinclined to recoupe any of his losses in the lower $4ks or even mid $4ks that BTC reached on that second time, even though I believe about a week or two later he did end up buying back one bitcoin for perhaps around $6k or maybe slightly lower than that... which he deemed to be a sufficient BTC stash in terms of his being protected in regards to either BTC price direction (UPpity or DOWNity) - yet we know what happened and surely did not seem to be enough protection for UPpity from the perspective of a vast many of us.

That wasn’t the worst of it.

What does you guys thinking about the bitcoin fall because of the CORONA Viruses catastrophe? Will bitcoin fall to $3000 in this year of 2020? And what's about the halving?.

It is possible. I believe the worse is yet to come.

If the cure gets delayed for a while longer, it will be devastating. Not only to bitcoin but to everything else. Including your daily life. In a situation like I described you can't really make an educated guess about bitcoin. It very well may go to zero.

If an effective cure makes appearance soon though, it will only save bitcoin from going to zero. A new ATH may still happen but it might take longer than we originally hoped for.

The damage is already very big. There will be lots of pain and this pain can't be cured by printing more money.

I recall much more mindrusted talk of that nature.  That is what I found on a 5-second search.

Of course, Bitcoin could go to zero.  If the Internet disappears.  As long as the Internet exists, Bitcoin will exist with some positive value; Satoshi designed it that way, and cypherpunks will assure that the design is used to best advantage.  And if the Internet disappears, it probably means that modern industrial supply chains have collapsed globally.  In that case, you will have difficulty surviving food scarcity, random violence, and the utter unpreparedness of soft, squishy modern man for the hiemal kiss of deadly seasons.  Can you even survive without modern heat?  (Oh, modern man, could you even survive without functional indoor plumbing?)

You did say you would ride it to zero, so fucking ride it to zero.

How can you keep on doing it wrong man?

Bitcoin, go to come hither to nullius!
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12084

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 07:46:35 AM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1), ivomm (1)

Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 07:54:32 AM

None of them mean shit.

Second statement is a description of the current (then) action and my surprise about the numbers.

Hehe, incredible that someone from the old guard is still sparring with the village idiot. That's worth some merits.
heslo

Activity: 1162
Merit: 943

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 08:04:46 AM

lol I love how his son just stirs shit. Their family dinners would be a hoot.

"Hey dad, HFSP!"  Cheesy Cheesy
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 08:10:46 AM

... because I suck at posting, 

Obviously.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Merit: 3007

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 08:33:43 AM

Is there anything better than waking up in the morning, going to the toilet to take a good shit, switch on the smartphone and watch that green candle grow to break an old ATH in real time?!  Grin

At my age I'm grateful to simply shit without difficulty in the morning. Nevermind also playing with my fondle slab in the process.

Speaking of taking a shit....Who came up with that "taking a shit" term anyway?  It seems to have quite the opposite meaning.
To be clear...
When one visits the lavatory to do one's business, one does not "take" a shit(or piss) .... rather, one deposits (or sprays) #one. (or  #2 as the case maybe)
Even the UK  term  "having" a shit still doesn't quite cut it either.
Technically speaking "having" a shit means you  did indeed "take" a shit at some point in the past.

Indeed... I've had a few, which is why I digress....

GO BITCOIN

Whatever it is, just make sure you wash your hands.

Yeh. And sometimes mouth...  Cheesy

Bitcoin loading the stimulus spring?
Heater

Activity: 403
Merit: 360

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 08:45:09 AM

From the giga-chad himself:

https://www.hope.com/
vroom
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1681

a Cray can run an endless loop in under 4 hours

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 08:53:53 AM

I like it!

Some white background pixels are stuck in the numbers; and doing that type of work on a raster image will not yield optimal results, anyway.  vroom, I infer that you created the original as a PDF.  I suggest a PDF rasterizer that directly outputs PNG with a transparent background.  From the poppler-utils package, pdftocairo with the -transp option will do exactly what you want—at excellent quality.  It’s available on Unix-like platforms; and there are MS Windows builds available somewhere on the net, though I can’t assure their quality.  Of course, there are other tools that will achieve the same goal; I simply find that to be the easiest.

yeah, I use a google sheet, export it as pdf, make a screenshot and remove the background with gimp. a pain in the ass. I tried pdftocairo but it does not remove the white background from the exported pdf. But thanks for your input.

PDF is ready...  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-TnLaYoJ78bxQBhSXP-fvykBn6eHZfQM/view?usp=sharing

Well first I have created this in excel https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K07uYS7tm1ZtZzPzaQDsLjTYSE8VUU7F/view?usp=sharing

Then to PDF and then to PNG kind long process..

vroom you are free to use this Excel and PDF for your future updates (I hope BTC will keep you busy 100k isn't that far anymore)

NOTE: I entered the price and dates manually, please check for typo or any mistakes

thanks for your effort mate.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 09:05:29 AM

... i'm getting a crazy clown hair vibe!
Pages: « 1 ... 28249 28250 28251 28252 28253 28254 28255 28256 28257 28258 28259 28260 28261 28262 28263 28264 28265 28266 28267 28268 28269 28270 28271 28272 28273 28274 28275 28276 28277 28278 28279 28280 28281 28282 28283 28284 28285 28286 28287 28288 28289 28290 28291 28292 28293 28294 28295 28296 28297 28298 [28299] 28300 28301 28302 28303 28304 28305 28306 28307 28308 28309 28310 28311 28312 28313 28314 28315 28316 28317 28318 28319 28320 28321 28322 28323 28324 28325 28326 28327 28328 28329 28330 28331 28332 28333 28334 28335 28336 28337 28338 28339 28340 28341 28342 28343 28344 28345 28346 28347 28348 28349 ... 33338 »
  Print  

Jump to: