May 03, 2024, 10:08:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29039 29040 29041 29042 29043 29044 29045 29046 29047 29048 29049 29050 29051 29052 29053 29054 29055 29056 29057 29058 29059 29060 29061 29062 29063 29064 29065 29066 29067 29068 29069 29070 29071 29072 29073 29074 29075 29076 29077 29078 29079 29080 29081 29082 29083 29084 29085 29086 29087 29088 [29089] 29090 29091 29092 29093 29094 29095 29096 29097 29098 29099 29100 29101 29102 29103 29104 29105 29106 29107 29108 29109 29110 29111 29112 29113 29114 29115 29116 29117 29118 29119 29120 29121 29122 29123 29124 29125 29126 29127 29128 29129 29130 29131 29132 29133 29134 29135 29136 29137 29138 29139 ... 33319 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371603 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 03:04:49 PM

Back to the fun and games, I see.  Undecided

Which fun what games ?

Someone hitting the "keep selling at $x" button.
Actually i am also hitting that button but mine is different from sell to buy :

Lambos might be going off track but soon they will be back not on road but main highway and prices will shoot to new levels.So keep playing the game in your manner and only the buyers and holders will win this round also. Let's be unite this time.

Make chartbuddy to break $40k levels with your investment one time or DCA whatever but you also push that button hard.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7984

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 03:13:54 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2021, 04:46:11 PM by xhomerx10

Bitcoin doing nicely while I was gone from here.

OT: Went on 2wk vacation abroad.
There is a LOT of infection going on (anecdotally based on relatives info).
Being vaxxed does not seem to make an effect on being infected, but probably has an effect on severity (hopefully).
People lost the sense of following the rules though and 50% are flaunting mask rules in public transport (subway, etc) despite (theoretically) a potential of being fined.
Those 50% are wearing the mask, but on the neck, lol
The fine is $60 equivalent-a slap on the wrist if you ask me.

Conclusion: I think that at some point almost all will get infected (in the range of 75-90%) and, hopefully, vaccines would help with reducing mortality and serious effects-that's what the main purposes should be anyway, but people would get upset by the fact that current vaccines (even the best) are not as clear-cut as we all hoped them to be.

1)I think they are a clearcut short term solution that would knock this off the map of the world if the world had a 95% vax rate.

2) I think none of us know what the long term effects of this vax will do to our bodies. It will take 10 years to find out.

3) I think more than 2 billion people will resist the vax and not get it as they fear point number 2.

4) Ten years from now I think people will still argue over this. Even thought the math will show a clear cut difference in death rates for the vaxed vs the un vaxed.

My guess was vax is smarter then no vax.

So I walked over to the barrel of guns grabbed one and played a round of russian roulette so to speak and vaxed.

I have zero problem with anti vaxers as long as they admit no vax is going to the other barrel of guns and playing russian roulette so to speak 🗣

which is the better wheel of death 💀 to play?

i hope vaxing. I want to be around in ten years to see how much my btc is worth.

I agree. I am just saddened that the 'shit' looks stronger than I thought it would be.
The main question to ask would be how soon we would adapt to it and/or 'it' to us.
Everything is quite logical. What would the virus do if you try to cordon it by masking?
Increase particle production by a f-ing 1000X and make itself quite contagious.

As far as bitcoin goes, these new developments would probably mean more monetary stimulus, even if it sound incredulous.

BTW, the fact that many red states governors (like in TX) stopped the fed $300 pandemic program would probably hurt them in the polls in 2022.
In the light of delta it was probably a political mistake, especially if feds would have to implement new economic anti-contagion measures.
https://dnyuz.com/2021/07/30/c-d-c-internal-report-calls-delta-variant-as-contagious-as-chickenpox/

Very few diseases are as contagious as chickenpox.  Whichever scientist at the CDC wrote that in a document should be terminated with prejudice.  Could we please tone down the bullshit even if we just move the dial down from 11 to 10?

edit:  when I say "terminated with prejudice" I am speaking about their employment with the CDC
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10209

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 03:31:54 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2021, 04:01:47 PM by JayJuanGee

Back to the fun and games, I see.  Undecided

Which fun what games ?

Not any different than usual, right?

The BTC price went up by $6-7k in a pretty quick fashion (a day or so) from $34k to $41k, and reckt quite a few shorts, and since the BTC price only went up to $40,928 (so far) - there is likely a perception of an opportunity to attempt to stop or reverse the UPpity BTC price momentum that might work, and it might not.

As others have mentioned also, even though quite a few shorts got reckt, that is also par for the course, and even though the BTC price may have shifted more towards the higher end of the consolidation range (however that consolidation range might be assessed - perhaps $29k to $42k or some variation), it's not exactly clear, yet that the bottom of $28,600 is "in", and for sure, if bearwhales, bitcoin naysayers, shitcoin pumpeners can create impressions that BTC prices are not going up from here (or going down) and that more correction of BTC prices is in the cards, then they are likely going to try to accomplish the creating of that impression.. and maybe get the weak hands to help them in creating some of the reversal or DOWNity momentum.. if that might be possible..

Maybe some of the recent strong statements from US governmental legislators (maybe other jurisdictions too?) and the toying around with cumbersome regulation proposals also can stoke some fears into bitcoin hesitant folks.. .. will it work?  will it work?  Perhaps some of retail and new coiners are spooked pretty damned easily..... just say "boooh", and they run off like cockroaches under the light  (not trying to be denigrating of newbie normies)... yet  whether the newbies spook this time around or not is the $million question, and I still am not proclaiming to know anything about short-term BTC price movement expectations beyond suggesting that I will likely start to feel more confident about our bottom of $28,600 being "in" in the event that we are able to get prices above $46k.. .

what are the odds?  what are the odds?  50/50 or perhaps better.. should we be scared?  probably not yet.. and let's just take it one ant hour at a time.

Back to the fun and games, I see.  Undecided

Which fun what games ?

Actually i am also hitting that button but mine is different from sell to buy :

Lambos might be going off track but soon they will be back not on road but main highway and prices will shoot to new levels.So keep playing the game in your manner and only the buyers and holders will win this round also. Let's be unite this time.

Make chartbuddy to break $40k levels with your investment one time or DCA whatever but you also push that button hard.

Of course, not all of us are in the same place, and of course, if we have already accumulated a decent amount of BTC we may well not be buying, currently.. furthermore, some people likely bought at various points on the dip down from $64,895 down to $28,600, so sometimes for those folks there would not necessarily be incentives to continue to buy - especially as the BTC price is going up.... Don't get me wrong, there are some folks who don't mind buying on the way up, too.... not that I agree with that approach, but I know of some folks that do that.

I surely do not disagree with a strategy for buying regularly, and let's say, for example, that someone is just getting into bitcoin, and they decide to buy every week - and maybe they anticipate that with their level of cashflow and their timeline, they are playing the whole matter by ear while anticipating, at the same time, that they may well be DCA buying BTC for the next 20 years or so.. .. but at the same time, if they are monitoring the situation and setting goals for themselves, they might find that they get to a very strong BTC accumulation status in way less time than their 20 year projected investment timeline, and for sure, we cannot really know because sometimes people run into higher than expected cashflow situations so that they can invest more into bitcoin and other people will sometimes run into lower than expected cashflow situations, and sometimes members in this thread reveal their situations and their having had run into those kinds of unexpected situations, whether for the better or worse.

Another common historical point has been that a lot of bitcoin newbies consider that they might be too late.. and so some of them will try to rush or get disgruntled or try to accumulate more by selling first, which has frequently tended to be a less preferable approach of just constant buying, as you seem to be suggesting, aysg76.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7984

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 03:44:03 PM
Merited by bitebits (1), psycodad (1)

Being vaxxed does not seem to make an effect on being infected, but probably has an effect on severity (hopefully).
People lost the sense of following the rules though and 50% are flaunting mask rules in public transport (subway, etc) despite (theoretically) a potential of being fined.

Conclusion: I think that at some point almost all will get infected (in the range of 75-90%) and, hopefully, vaccines would help with reducing mortality and serious effects-that's what the main purposes should be anyway, but people would get upset by the fact that current vaccines (even the best) are not as clear-cut as we all hoped them to be.

1)I think they are a clearcut short term solution that would knock this off the map of the world if the world had a 95% vax rate.

2) I think none of us know what the long term effects of this vax will do to our bodies. It will take 10 years to find out.

3) I think more than 2 billion people will resist the vax and not get it as they fear point number 2.

4) Ten years from now I think people will still argue over this. Even thought the math will show a clear cut difference in death rates for the vaxed vs the un vaxed.

So I walked over to the barrel of guns grabbed one and played a round of russian roulette so to speak and vaxed.

I have zero problem with anti vaxers as long as they admit no vax is going to the other barrel of guns and playing russian roulette so to speak 🗣

i hope vaxing. I want to be around in ten years to see how much my btc is worth.

1) You don't need 95% vax rate to knock covid off the world map.  A 95% vax rate would be required for something like measles with an R0 of 16+

2) We don't even have to look very hard for long term effects of the covid vaccines.  Myocarditis enlarges the heart, causes scarring and weakens the heart muscle permanently.  Likewise any clotting causes loss of blood flow to areas of your body causing the death of tissue - the clots in vital areas have long-term negative effects and we have already seen this as well.

3) It should be their right to decide.

4) I'm not even going to wait 10 years.  Children don't need this experimental vaccine!  It should have been reserved for the elderly, the "at risk" eg. diabetes, obese, those with weakened immune systems etc.

You didn't play Russian roulette - you're in at least one "at risk" group and you needed the vaccine.  Giving the experimental vaccine to perfectly healthy children under 12 years of age who will experience little, if any, symptoms even if infected with SARS-CoV-2 is paying Russian roulette with society's most precious commodity.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 03:58:33 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1)

2) We don't even have to look very hard for long term effects of the covid vaccines.  Myocarditis enlarges the heart, causes scarring and weakens the heart muscle permanently.  Likewise any clotting causes loss of blood flow to areas of your body causing the death of tissue - the clots in vital areas have long-term negative effects and we have already seen this as well.

I have some reservations about the vaccine too, just in terms of how it was rushed and also how we likely are able to tell that we have been lied to on both sides (to the extent that the matter might be attempted to be framed in terms of politics rather than science).

I have difficulties trusting various claims in the public, and sure, we have not had a whole hell of a lot of time to see whether studies are actually accurate or not - in terms of safety or efficacy.

Another thing would be to question if the new cases are mostly among the unvaccinated, and sure, I am not too excited about risks that might be more present for certain kinds of people, perhaps if something about their health condition/heart might also cause them to be more likely to be adversely affected by the vaccine.. and would it be all brands or only certain brands (a minor detail, no?)

3) It should be their right to decide.

I am not going to go that far in my thinking about public health issues.. even though there may well be both balancing of personal interests and communal disease issues (I am not going to presume that the data that we have been told is accurate) and also questions about whether the data is correct - versus already having had seen that we are lied to many times in a lot of areas, and the virus matter is largely the most recent of where many folks are seeing that some of the evidence and claims are just not adding up.. and sure, some sources of information might be better than others, but then again, sometimes some of the sources might be purposefully fucked with in order to push certain goals.. such as high levels of vaccination.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 04:01:27 PM

Explanation
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12035

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 04:03:32 PM

Instapump

OG

……

Hmmmm
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2899

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 04:16:04 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (3), JayJuanGee (1)

Not sure if this really counts as news to those present...

Oh! Inflation could end up higher than planned while printing all the brrrr.
Who'd have thunk?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 04:33:06 PM

Either way we will get herd immunity its just whether we do it the easy or the hard way. Smiley

Personally I took the blue pill, if I was younger it might have been the red..
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 04:45:54 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2021, 04:56:34 PM by Torque
Merited by El duderino_ (3), JayJuanGee (1)

Not sure if this really counts as news to those present...

Oh! Inflation could end up higher than planned while printing all the brrrr.
Who'd have thunk?

Powell: "The world wasn't buying the 'inflation is just transitory' gaslighting I tried in the media. Oh shit, wait...is this mic on ?!?!"
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 04:48:45 PM

Either way we will get herd immunity its just whether we do it the easy or the hard way. Smiley

Yeah, but if you gain immunity through having your God-given immune system work for you as intended, the media wants you to feel like a shitty and selfish person. Shame on you! Wink
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2021, 04:50:14 PM
Merited by Torque (1)

I'm surprised Bitcoin people still believe the media when the media has lied so much about Bitcoin to fit their agenda.

Get a vax, save the world is just the same as Bitcoin is only used by criminals.

They already admitted that their PCR tests are BS, that it can't differentiate between Flu and COVID. Did people actually believe that the Flu went to 0% last year?

The pandemic goes away when people stop watching the news.

I don't care if people take the vax and injure themselves long term but I do care when people who support freedom do that to themselves. We need those people to survive this whole thing, not just the politicians.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12035

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 04:54:44 PM
Merited by bitebits (2), JayJuanGee (1), Torque (1), OROBTC (1)

When we where dreaming and rooting for page parity and now where 10 k higher + page count is waaaaay higher as when we where rooting

Living the dream tbh

That we the fundamental posters of the WO have had the privilege of being mixed in BTC this early

Waaaauw
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 05:01:27 PM

Explanation
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 05:08:05 PM

The pandemic goes away when not too many people are in danger of getting the virus anymore, which can take at least another full year, depending on infection rates.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 05:30:49 PM

Yeah, but if you gain immunity through having your God-given immune system work for you as intended, the media wants you to feel like a shitty and selfish person. Shame on you! Wink

God never gave me shit in this life, I've had to work for everything I've received. Tongue
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 05:44:36 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

God never gave me shit in this life, I've had to work for everything I've received. Tongue

I think some things you are born with them, or in some cases your body develops the immunity or resistance as long as you can survive it, and that about covers what some people call as their deity.

Like most people, I had an adult care for me at least until 5 or 6 years old, then still be dependent on them until around 18 to 21; I lived with my parents until a little bit after that, save money on a place to sleep and eat.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 05:57:46 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (3)

Given that Delta can re-infect I think we can say herd immunity is not going to happen for awhile. I just got back from FL a week or two ago and have a cough now. Tested negative, but now concerned and will probably be going back to the P100 respirator.

On the positive side vaccines seem to prevent severe symptoms, but if vacced people can spread it you're going to wind up with a bunch of people who are suffering colds and a bunch of others who are dying. That will eventually solve the problem, still sucks to have a cold.

The hot question on my mind is "Should I go out to Vegas next week for Defcon/BH". Currently you can't get into Defcon without an original vacc card (good idea) and I could just walk around everywhere with the P100 on, might just do that...

Anyone else going to Vegas next week? Want to meet up and say hi?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 06:01:35 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 06:07:52 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2021, 06:21:15 PM by JayJuanGee

I am not going to proclaim that you took the wrong actions, yet I doubt that anyone should be letting you off so easy as to allow you to proclaim that you get a pass in your critical thinking attempts based merely on age... .

Yeah, sure, I understand that you may well be implying that there are other reasons beyond mere age, such as various risk factors, including the fact that for sure OLDer fogies are not as likely to be able to tolerate as much physical abuse or even bad habits in order to become vulnerable to limitations of their own  body to repair itself.  

For example, I recall putting my body through all kinds of abuses in my teens and in my 20s, and I maintained a pretty decent physique and pretty high levels of energy... and so in some sense, when you are younger, you might not know what you do know or the concrete recognition of limitations that could come from seemingly improving habits in a lot of ways such as food, sleep and exercise, but even with those various improvements, the energy levels (and even in-shapeness) are no where near to what they had been in earlier years.. ...

Anyhow, my point is just to show that we should not be giving up on our critical thinking skills, even if there are some truths in regards to becoming more conservative in a lot of ways.. just for self preservation purposes, and if you are NOT in pain every day, the vast majority of folks would probably prefer to live into their 70s or later rather than perishing in their 40s or 50s.. which does sometimes happen to folks based on their beliefs that they are stronger than they are, and they end up going through a surprise health event that shows them both that they are not as physically strong as they thought (factually) and that sometimes they will end up dying from such surprise health event or becoming quite disabled - even if they might have been captain of the football team.. or some other seemingly impervious and invincible health indicators in their youth.

When we where dreaming and rooting for page parity and now where 10 k higher + page count is waaaaay higher as when we where rooting

Living the dream tbh

That we the fundamental posters of the WO have had the privilege of being mixed in BTC this early

Waaaauw

I got a chuckle out of this expression... "fundamental poster"...

I wonder?  is ur lil selfie and yours truly "fundamental posters"?  hahahahaha...

no need to answer these kinds of "knowing it when you see it" kinds of findings.. I am just asking rhetorically in order to inspire my lil selfie to chuckle more.

Whoaza!!!!!

Another chuckle must be exerted by yours truly.

I know that you must be exaggerating a wee bit, Hueristic.

We could probably point out almost any topic and recognize/appreciate that there was some luck (or god-given) involved in getting from point A to point B... Sure, you may well have guided the direction, and for example you probably would not have been able to do shit, in terms of the taking advantage of the opportunity, absent some preparations... some luck is more preparation based than others, and for example, I feel pretty damned privileged to have been able to live as long as I have (so far... not giving up, yet)... , and I can imagine quite a few scenarios in which I were to have made different choices in my past, and end up screwing myself in some ways... but sure, sometimes we cannot really know about the possible alternative past paths that had been chosen 10 years earlier, because just like Robert Frost said, sometimes only certain ones of those paths will ONLY come up once.. and whether you choose this kind of profession or that kind of profession could get you locked into something that would have been much different (not sure if better or worse, but still.. I feel grateful for some things that I have going for me - even bitcoin.. blowing it off can make a decent amount of difference versus taking action.. that ends up being 4 years earlier than the blowing it off route.. .. and people proclaim "you are so lucky."..... sure, yes, there was a certain amount of luck in those contemplations and those actions and those considerations regarding how much time do I have available that I can learn about this?  Some people have very little time to study (or abilities to understand very well certain kinds of ideas).. lucky, for sure.. I am feeling... Reminds me:  "do you feel lucky, punk?")...

I think some things you are born with them, or in some cases your body develops the immunity or resistance as long as you can survive it, and that about covers what some people call as their deity.

Like most people, I had an adult care for me at least until 5 or 6 years old, then still be dependent on them until around 18 to 21; I lived with my parents until a little bit after that, save money on a place to sleep and eat.

And, that is another pretty decent example, too.  I feel lucky about having parents, even though by the time I was a teenager I thought I knew more than them (which was hardly true).. even though of course, each person does have a differing perception, so inevitably there were going to be things that I knew that they did not know.. but they were still helpful in a variety of ways, and surely I could think of seemingly worse upbringing circumstances - relatively speaking.
Pages: « 1 ... 29039 29040 29041 29042 29043 29044 29045 29046 29047 29048 29049 29050 29051 29052 29053 29054 29055 29056 29057 29058 29059 29060 29061 29062 29063 29064 29065 29066 29067 29068 29069 29070 29071 29072 29073 29074 29075 29076 29077 29078 29079 29080 29081 29082 29083 29084 29085 29086 29087 29088 [29089] 29090 29091 29092 29093 29094 29095 29096 29097 29098 29099 29100 29101 29102 29103 29104 29105 29106 29107 29108 29109 29110 29111 29112 29113 29114 29115 29116 29117 29118 29119 29120 29121 29122 29123 29124 29125 29126 29127 29128 29129 29130 29131 29132 29133 29134 29135 29136 29137 29138 29139 ... 33319 »
  Print  

Jump to: