Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:51:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017/02/09] Chinese Central Bank Warns Bitcoin Exchanges, Again  (Read 677 times)
bitlamp (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 08:30:26 AM

In a public announcement today, the People’s Bank of China (PBOC) has revealed its warning toward 9 local bitcoin exchanges operating in the country.

Reports of a ‘closed-doors’ meeting surfaced yesterday, one wherein the PBOC was said to have met with representatives of Chinese bitcoin exchanges. While details were scarce at the time, the Beijing branch of China’s central bank has shed further light into the private meeting and its participants.

Having previously inspected and conducted on-site checks of Beijing-based exchanges Huobi and OkCoin, PBOC Beijing revealed that similar talks were held with the heads of 9 bitcoin exchanges.

The lesser-known trading platforms include CHBTC, BTCTrade, HaoBTC, Yunbi, Yuanbao, BTC100, Jubi, Bitbays and Dahonghou.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/chinese-central-bank-warns-bitcoin-exchanges/
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 12:14:42 PM

The price will not gow lower guys!
Why 21.000.000 ever!
bitcoin can not be stoped....
https://twitter.com/TuurDemeester/status/829443083926282240
https://twitter.com/TuurDemeester/status/829449562855206912
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRXecXfWARw
https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/829055554064637959
Bitcoin serves a need in a failing economic system.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
CloudStrife

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 04:18:05 PM

Could it be possible the Chinamen are using Bitcoin exchanges to launder money or get money out of their country? Capital controls in China could be strict over there.

Another topic to note. What would happen if decentralized exchanges become popular in use with the Chinamen?
Good question, in another thread I commented on the use of decentralized exchanges, it is possible that a lot of individuals will be encouraged to use this in the future. With regard to the intervention of the Chinese government, I think the positive side of this is that people will realize that governments are starting to recognize Bitcoin as a currency.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 03:28:45 PM

What do you mean governments are starting to recognize Bitcoin as a currency? They're starting to realize it as a threat to their national security is what it is. If you think BTC is going to become a legal currency, it's not. It's better that way.
I use bitcoin as legal currency all the time. Why I just bought a valentine present today, so I'm not sure what you mean?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 03:33:14 PM

What do you mean governments are starting to recognize Bitcoin as a currency? They're starting to realize it as a threat to their national security is what it is. If you think BTC is going to become a legal currency, it's not. It's better that way.
I use bitcoin as legal currency all the time. Why I just bought a valentine present today, so I'm not sure what you mean?

Unfortunately, your use of bitcoin as legal currency does not make it legal. Government of a country must acknowledge it as legal tender for it to be counted as legal currency of that nation. So far, no country has done so. Hence, bitcoin is not legal currency anywhere on earth.

Though, it has been recognized as legal medium of exchange in many countries. So, as bitcoiner, it makes no difference to us.

Gromozeka!
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 07:28:16 AM

Unfortunately, your use of bitcoin as legal currency does not make it legal. Government of a country must acknowledge it as legal tender for it to be counted as legal currency of that nation. So far, no country has done so. Hence, bitcoin is not legal currency anywhere on earth.

Though, it has been recognized as legal medium of exchange in many countries. So, as bitcoiner, it makes no difference to us.
According to recent reports in a few months, Japan officially recognizes Bitcoin legal tender. For Bitcoin is a big step forward, perhaps other countries will follow Japan in this direction.
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:51:18 AM

Could it be possible the Chinamen are using Bitcoin exchanges to launder money or get money out of their country? Capital controls in China could be strict over there.

Another topic to note. What would happen if decentralized exchanges become popular in use with the Chinamen?
Good question, in another thread I commented on the use of decentralized exchanges, it is possible that a lot of individuals will be encouraged to use this in the future. With regard to the intervention of the Chinese government, I think the positive side of this is that people will realize that governments are starting to recognize Bitcoin as a currency.

Those tend to be slow on transactions, since they are not based on an on-site & quick database that handles the matching for trades.
Would move Bitcoin into the same area of over-the-counter business like seen on gold bullion coin.

notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 10:18:22 AM

Those tend to be slow on transactions, since they are not based on an on-site & quick database that handles the matching for trades.
Would move Bitcoin into the same area of over-the-counter business like seen on gold bullion coin.

Fast transaction is only needed by a non backed currency as euro and $.
Bitcoin has a build in limitation of 21.000.000 , so all tricks like leveraged trade make no sense.
To me it looks like PBOC onlly want to stop non backed trading , so you need to own the real btc on the blockchain to trade.

(source) https://twitter.com/cnLedger

If you don't trade with  real btc's , you cant pay back if everybody demand its btcs! Smiley
and that is what you see.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 11:27:34 AM

Unfortunately, your use of bitcoin as legal currency does not make it legal. Government of a country must acknowledge it as legal tender for it to be counted as legal currency of that nation.

No. You clearly don't understand currency law or monetary theory.

Currency laws are typically written in terms of repayment of debts, not that the state-backed asset must be one half of every exchange. Think about it practically: how can any government enforce a law that forbids people to do barter trades? The definition of "Money" is really just "the good that is traded most commonly in barter trade".

Currency laws are in place to enforce the terms of debt contracts (i.e. loans). Nothing more.

Vires in numeris
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 07:03:16 AM

Bitcoin and others cryptocurrencies will ever find it ways out of every limitations and control the people bank of china and others regulatory body from world want to place on it. Localbitcoin will definitely exploded as it best option for any attack from regulatory agency. This will be a lesson to others countries that will thing attack on an exchangers is attack on bitcoin.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 07:02:39 PM

In the U.S. "legal tender" has a very specific meaning. Bitcoin is absolutely legal to use as currency. But to be legal tender means that a business MUST accept it for all debts. That is quite different than the question of it's status as a currency.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: