Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2024, 09:31:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-04-16 Forbes - OK Cupid Tells Users They Can Pay With Bitcoin  (Read 733 times)
NikolaTesla (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 10:42:48 PM

As a company whose business proposition has gone from kind of weird to utterly commonplace in the space of a few years, OK Cupid has always been comfortable with novelty. Now it’s embracing a new technology that strikes a lot of people as too futuristic for comfort: Bitcoin.

Starting today, premium users of the IAC-owned dating service can pay for their subscriptions with the untraceable peer-to-peer digital currency.

OK Cupid CEO Sam Yagan says this is a forward-looking move, driven not by user demand but by the imperative to embrace a technology that’s not going away.

Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2013/04/16/ok-cupid-tells-users-they-can-pay-with-bitcoin/
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:02:31 AM

As I stated in 'speculation' forum.  These guys at OKCupid have built a pretty sharp system.  It's not by any means bland or unintelligent and has features almost all other sites find superfluous to their business model by the fact that OKCupid has more of an immersive system that enables people to find good matches and then get off their site.

I'm totally not surprised.  These guys seem pretty forward thinking.

It's a good thing that they see value in Bitcoin.

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: