Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:54:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone failed.  (Read 3971 times)
agentbluescreen

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:09:24 AM

I'm sorry, I don't speak whatever language it is you are using, but google translate gave me "price fixing" when I entered your posts. Is that what you were trying to say?

Well look up a school that has a class called English.

Price fixing is when all competitors secretly conspire (a "Combine" monopoly) to constantly inflate prices and their earnngs. (Like The FED monopoly)

Price stabilization is when an "exchange" doesn't engage in reserve bankstering stealing all clients commingled funds to secretly risk/play themselves a wild-west market like drunken Pharaohs with them in the back room, and when you have counter-speculative trading rules that discourage speculation by limiting position-rungs above and below current value and assigning exponentially higher, punitive fees for dangerous and undesirable risky trading behaviors further out of price-bounds..
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:15:06 AM

I'm sorry, I don't speak whatever language it is you are using, but google translate gave me "price fixing" when I entered your posts. Is that what you were trying to say?

Well look up a school that has a class called English.

Price fixing is when all competitors secretly conspire (a "Combine" monopoly) to raise prices.

Price stabilization is when an "exchange" doesn't engage in reserve bankstering stealing all clients funds to secretly risk/play the wild-west market like drunken Pharaohs with them in the back room, and when you have counter-speculative trading rules that discourage speculation by limiting positions and assigning exponentially higher, punitive fees for dangerous and undesirable risky trading behaviors..

It would be more effective if you first build a reputation for yourself as a productive member of the community, then go about trying to convince people to change what they are doing. I sometimes make this mistake as well, although not here as far as I can remember.
agentbluescreen

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:20:02 AM

It would be more effective if you first build a reputation for yourself as a productive member of the community, then go about trying to convince people to change what they are doing. I sometimes make this mistake as well, although not here as far as I can remember.

Thanks for the kind advice I didn't mean to yell.
HappyBitCoinUser (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:35:25 AM

Our foolish moneychangers screwed Bitcoin

Ahh moving on from we all failed, to why we failed.

And yes, the exchangers take majority of the responsibility while we all failed.

BitCoin and MtGox lost the initiative after website came down for whatever excuses, either success or DDoS attacks. They had their chance with mass media attention, mass influx of new money into this project, then they (MtGox) dropped the ball even influences prices of other smaller exchangers.

Will we get another chance like this again? A type of media attention that draws in thousands of new people to dump money into the market? Probably not.

Although this is not the first time BTC bubble popped, it is the first time how ever of mass media attention that encouraged a lot of people to invest into it.

Game Over.
David M

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:43:09 AM

it is the first time how ever of mass media attention that encouraged a lot of people to invest into it.

Your idea of "investing" in bitcoin seems to be buying them in the hope of selling them to another sucker at a higher rate. aka. pyramid.  That's a fail and please leave ASAP.

Investing in bitcoin means building services and infrastructure around it.
transit

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:44:15 AM

Actually I believe today it's getting healthier.

I believe in Bitcoin.
agentbluescreen

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:50:11 AM

I think you should form your own undesirable-risky-trading-punishment based exchange, I am sure you will be swimming in customers!

Unfortunately that isn't thinking at all. Nor would it be worthwhile after all the inanely stupid BTC "Stock Market brainwashed" common share usurer banksterers have bankrupted themselves and Bitcoin with them, because they refused to see the writing on the wall and even attempt to defend themselves and the bankrupted currency they pretended to be "supporting" by deliberately and cavalierly exposing it to catastrophic systemic risk for what they sadly misapprehended as their own myopically stupid short term benefit.

What goes up always comes down. If they are all foolishly bankster programmed like you Bitcoin is doomed.

The value of a Bitcoin must be reasonably stabilized and it's value deflations(increases) well regulated or it will never be marketable, saleable nor usable by anyone as a useful or practical new medium of labor-exchange currency, nor ever be seen as a trustworthy alternative to any other currency system.

After what people like you encouraged it to do the last few weeks no merchant will ever touch this stuff, as they now know it is.
HappyBitCoinUser (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:51:28 AM

it is the first time how ever of mass media attention that encouraged a lot of people to invest into it.

Your idea of "investing" in bitcoin seems to be buying them in the hope of selling them to another sucker at a higher rate. aka. pyramid.  That's a fail and please leave ASAP.

Investing in bitcoin means building services and infrastructure around it.

When the mass majority tried to jump on the BTC bandwagon, driving prices up to $266, do you think they invested so much money cause they wanted to build better services and infrastructure? Or cause they thought they could make some easy money? Be honest.
David M

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:56:40 AM

When the mass majority tried to jump on the BTC bandwagon, driving prices up to $266, do you think they invested so much money cause they wanted to build better services and infrastructure? Or cause they thought they could make some easy money? Be honest.

It is insightful that you assumed that I would not be honest. 

Of course they wanted a quick buck and a fair few got burnt.  Any other trivial questions I can answer for you?
HappyBitCoinUser (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:04:31 AM

It is insightful that you assumed that I would not be honest. 

Of course they wanted a quick buck and a fair few got burnt.  Any other trivial questions I can answer for you?

Have you EVER told a lie?
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:12:38 AM

Our foolish moneychangers screwed Bitcoin

Ahh moving on from we all failed, to why we failed.

And yes, the exchangers take majority of the responsibility while we all failed.

BitCoin and MtGox lost the initiative after website came down for whatever excuses, either success or DDoS attacks. They had their chance with mass media attention, mass influx of new money into this project, then they (MtGox) dropped the ball even influences prices of other smaller exchangers.

Will we get another chance like this again? A type of media attention that draws in thousands of new people to dump money into the market? Probably not.

Although this is not the first time BTC bubble popped, it is the first time how ever of mass media attention that encouraged a lot of people to invest into it.

Game Over.

Are you kidding!?  This game has not yet begun.  We are still setting the pieces on the board.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:23:00 AM

Nobody lost money, unless they traded down.

They got BTC.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
agentbluescreen

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:29:31 AM

The "mass majority" who gave somebody else their money for BTC-securitized derivative-future contract tokens which that other person walked away with, did not "drive the prices up to $266".

The way the colossally stupidly designed "BTC Fiat-Stock Markets" seriously and near-catastrophically malfunction did.
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:35:41 AM

The volatility is growing pains and if you think you know a way to stop it without introducing the type of regulation bitcoin avoids, well... LOL.

Sure there is a way. If a few percent would decide to add liquidity to the market instead of taking it when buying or selling, volatility would go down considerably.

Why should they do that? Because it saves money. Take my trading strategy: I place orders way outside the current price. When the price does a violent movement, the order is filled and I just need to wait for the inevitable rebound to get back to the start plus my profits.

As this is a zero sum game, someone must pay for my profits. Those who pay are those who take liquidity.

Why am I saying this when it is so easy to rip off the fools? Because I don't want to make money trading Bitcoins, I want to make money *using* Bitcoins.

-Anu

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
agentbluescreen

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:41:52 AM

They got BTC.

Yeah, that is why Mt Gox and many other BTC-Fiat Stock Market banksterers still aren't paying out client fund withdrawals after up to ten or more says (so far) - because they didn't nearly lose their shirts last wednesday-thursday.

Topic: Mt Gox Withdrawal
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177252.msg1847128#msg1847128
agentbluescreen

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:58:55 AM

The volatility is growing pains and if you think you know a way to stop it without introducing the type of regulation bitcoin avoids, well... LOL.

Sure there is a way. If a few percent would decide to add liquidity to the market instead of taking it when buying or selling, volatility would go down considerably.

Why should they do that? Because it saves money. Take my trading strategy: I place orders way outside the current price. When the price does a violent movement, the order is filled and I just need to wait for the inevitable rebound to get back to the start plus my profits.

As this is a zero sum game, someone must pay for my profits. Those who pay are those who take liquidity.

Why am I saying this when it is so easy to rip off the fools? Because I don't want to make money trading Bitcoins, I want to make money *using* Bitcoins.

-Anu

LULZ what are you talking about?

Your "strategy" is FEEDING volatility.

You should be paying far higher fees for taking such risk-inducing positions that risk accelerating the extenuation of steep price deviations.

darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:02:51 AM

ROTFL.  YOU failed.  Rest of us are doing fine.  Get a brain.
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:06:44 AM

-Anu

LULZ what are you talking about?

Your "strategy" is FEEDING volatility.

You should be paying far higher fees for taking such risk-inducing positions that risk accelerating the extenuation of steep price deviations.

You haven't got a clue. LULZ on.

-Anu

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:29:15 AM

They got BTC.

Yeah, that is why Mt Gox and many other BTC-Fiat Stock Market banksterers still aren't paying out client fund withdrawals after up to ten or more says (so far) - because they didn't nearly lose their shirts last wednesday-thursday.

Topic: Mt Gox Withdrawal
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177252.msg1847128#msg1847128

I said "unless they traded down" - those got what they deserved for panic selling  Cheesy

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:32:40 AM

It doesn't matter how people use Bitcoin, all that matters is they use it. There is no "right way" to use Bitcoin and I'm so sick and tired of hearing people spread this nonsense.

Speculators are learning valuable lessons, like how hard it is to move fiat around, and how easy it is to move Bitcoin around. Many will come for the "get rich quick", and a good percentage will stay for the "utility".

you got it! everyone that does buy & sell btc via any exchange experiences the incredible gap of usefullness, speed, and userfriendlyness between the dinosaur-like oldfashioned fiatcurrency systems and the bitcoin system. it is like having this shiny new powerfull and fast race car that you need to fuel with gas that is carried with an old donkey cart. the bottleneck is the fiat system. as soon as it has passed it, the value that is stored in bitcoins accelerates into the internet age.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: