Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:46:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UNESCO declares Islam as the most peaceful religion of the world  (Read 2928 times)
maku (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 06:27:36 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2017, 11:13:41 AM by maku

"UNESCO has declared that Islam is the most peaceful religion of the world.

The United Nations body released a statement that revealed that UNESCO had partnered with International Peace Foundation six months back
to study all religions of the world and find out which was most peaceful amongst all.

When asked about the terror attacks being carried out in the name of Islam, the UNESCO official denied that it had anything to do with Islam.

Terror has no religion, Islam means peace."

Source:http://www.juntakareporter.com/world/unesco-declares-islam-as-the-most-peaceful-religion-of-the-world/

It is an old news, but I happened to find it just now. So I want to ask, what is your opinion on that?

It reminds me of time when Barack Obama won the Nobel Prize...

DISCLAIMER! It seems that this whole - ISLAM RELIGION OF PEACE CERTIFICATE - is a big hoax!
UNESCO already denounces this fake statement:

We wish to refer to the recent allegations posted on the website juntakareporter, citing an alleged statement and certificate from UNESCO declaring "Islam as the most peaceful religion of the world". Such statement was never made by the Organization and that the certificate reproduced on this website is a fake one. The website that published this information is a satirical media.

http://www.unesco.org/new/en/media-services/single-view/news/unesco_denounces_fake_statement/

Here's is another fake news saying UNESCO giving Islam a certificate of peace

https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/headline/did-unesco-really-give-islam-a-certificate-of-peace-radio-pakistan-spreads-weird-misinformation/

So it looks like the media is trying to paint Islam as "religion of peace" Cheesy

Thanks for finding this info, Kemarit
NyeFee

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 06:35:39 PM

The United Nations body released a statement that revealed that UNESCO had partnered with International Peace Foundation six months back
to study all religions of the world and find out which was most peaceful amongst all.

When asked about the terror attacks being carried out in the name of Islam, the UNESCO official denied that it had anything to do with Islam.

Source:http://www.juntakareporter.com/world/unesco-declares-islam-as-the-most-peaceful-religion-of-the-world/

It is an old news, but I happened to find it just now. So I want to ask, what is your opinion on that?

And what they had to say? UNESCO would never say that religion encourages terrorism. I don't believe them. What's in the Bible it is spoken not by words but by deeds watch. Islam is the abode for terrorists.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 06:38:15 PM

I agree with the statement "terrorism has no religion, Islam means peace." But this does not mean that Islam means peace more than every other mainstream religion.

And the fact that people commit terrorism in the name of Islam (rightly or wrongly) makes the assumption maybe there are tenents of Islam that promote violence more logical to accept.

Where are the Religion's Leaders when these terrorist acts occur? Where are the Imams in the US and Europe the day after terrorist attacks occurred in NYC, Orlando, Nice, Paris?

I don't recall every hearing an Imam publicly and emphatically denounce terrorism. Is it because they're scared to speak out against what they know is a dangerous faction inside their religion? Or is it because the violence is in some way justified by the religions teachings? Or is it something else?

If Muslims want the world to believe that Islam is a religion of peace their leaders need to start saying so, acting as so.
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 06:39:20 PM

If I remember right, Saudi Arabia is the head of the UN human rights section so I'm not surprised  Roll Eyes
Dem-artini

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 07:38:51 PM

If I remember right, Saudi Arabia is the head of the UN human rights section so I'm not surprised  Roll Eyes
Since the end of world war II in all the international institutions infiltrated corruption and politics. They have ceased to perform their functions and it seems to me that if they do not change, they will cease to exist.
HabBear

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 07:56:35 PM

Since the end of world war II in all the international institutions infiltrated corruption and politics. They have ceased to perform their functions and it seems to me that if they do not change, they will cease to exist.

Interesting perspective, who would make the UN cease to exist. If all these countries subscribe to or tolerate the "infiltration" as you call it and continue to show up for the meetings, who will actually end it?
Fireblazer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 08:06:05 PM

Interesting perspective, who would make the UN cease to exist. If all these countries subscribe to or tolerate the "infiltration" as you call it and continue to show up for the meetings, who will actually end it?
The UN was conceived as an organization which will monitor that in the world there was order and there was no war. Since the founders of the United Nations began to wage war and to block decisions on them using the right of veto, the organization does not make sense.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 08:23:59 PM

I think it's relatively easy to figure out that our ISIS friends may not be interpreting Islam in the way many people would choose to. And it's rather revealing that many of these Islamic terrorists usually turn out to be drug taking alcoholics who are busy trawling gay dating apps in between munching bacon sandwiches.
HabBear

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 08:27:07 PM

The organization being ineffective and the organization ceasing to exist are two separate things. Since no single entity runs the UN their existence is dependent on parties still showing up to the table as an organization. As long as a few of these countries (no matter how corrupt, self serving, or ineffective they are) continue to claim "we are the UN" then the UN will continue to exist.

"They will cease to exist" when they decide to stop participating...no one can make them stop.

The UN was conceived as an organization which will monitor that in the world there was order and there was no war. Since the founders of the United Nations began to wage war and to block decisions on them using the right of veto, the organization does not make sense.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 11:31:14 PM

I think it's relatively easy to figure out that our ISIS friends may not be interpreting Islam in the way many people would choose to. And it's rather revealing that many of these Islamic terrorists usually turn out to be drug taking alcoholics who are busy trawling gay dating apps in between munching bacon sandwiches.
What about the refugees, who say women have no rights and can be freely beat up by their husbands? What about those migrants who say they feel offended by people drinking alcohol and eating pork and saying they will fight for sharia law in Europe? They aren't terrorists (most of them) and they don't belong to ISIS...
Islam doesn't deserve to be given that award IMO.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 04:58:49 AM

I actually agree with that statement that "terror has no religion, Islam means peace". Those terrorist individuals though they came from Islam Populated communities but they do not practice Islam. They promote violence and terror and thus they cannot be considered a muslim. A muslim is a person who practice and preach love and peace that the Quran is promoting, a terrorist uses qoutes from the Quran and mix it to fit it into their own violent agenda.
Palodar

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 05:08:32 AM

I actually agree with that statement that "terror has no religion, Islam means peace". Those terrorist individuals though they came from Islam Populated communities but they do not practice Islam. They promote violence and terror and thus they cannot be considered a muslim. A muslim is a person who practice and preach love and peace that the Quran is promoting, a terrorist uses qoutes from the Quran and mix it to fit it into their own violent agenda.

I think you mean jihad. many terrorist claim that their just doing jihad because they kill those are against or not the same religion, i don't believe that islam is the most religion. I will start believing if the terrorist attacks in middle east will be escalated. I think UNESCO is influenced by many muslim people so that it can change their image to the public

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
Yokozuna

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 06:08:15 AM

I don't understand how they could declare such an obvious lie. No religion can be peaceful least of all Islam, we have many Islamic terrorist all around the world. Islam and christianity provoked many wars in the past
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 06:19:06 AM

I don't understand how they could declare such an obvious lie. No religion can be peaceful least of all Islam, we have many Islamic terrorist all around the world. Islam and christianity provoked many wars in the past

Takiyya.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 06:23:52 AM

Im agree with you that terrorist uses quotes of Quran to make some violence and even terrorism act.I know that Quran has not promoting terrorism.And some terrorist recruiting some Muslim to unite with them by using they faith on thier religion.
novemberwoah

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 06:46:03 AM

I think you mean jihad. many terrorist claim that their just doing jihad because they kill those are against or not the same religion, i don't believe that islam is the most religion. I will start believing if the terrorist attacks in middle east will be escalated. I think UNESCO is influenced by many muslim people so that it can change their image to the public
I think it is true and not influenced by any sides. As written above that terrorist acts have nothing to do with any religion. The lack of religious knowledge made many drift into a false doctrine so misunderstand about jihad, it was done by terrorists to recruit members. Jihad was essentially a defense of religion and indeed it can be done with the war, but it has procedures and steps necessary like starting with diplomacy.
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 07:23:46 AM

Yup. I think this is true. Maybe on the earlier days of Islam. Just feel sad that because of politics, it became the worst religion for me. A religion that spreads terrorism around the world. Killing innocent people is really unforgivable to me. I think this is the produ t of false doctrines of a false prophet. Religion should be bringing peace not destruction.
Cxfan

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 08:22:04 AM

Yup. I think this is true. Maybe on the earlier days of Islam. Just feel sad that because of politics, it became the worst religion for me. A religion that spreads terrorism around the world. Killing innocent people is really unforgivable to me. I think this is the produ t of false doctrines of a false prophet. Religion should be bringing peace not destruction.
Many people were killed during the earlier days of Islam. At least 80 million were killed during the conquests in India alone.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:34:52 AM

Im agree with you that terrorist uses quotes of Quran to make some violence and even terrorism act.I know that Quran has not promoting terrorism.And some terrorist recruiting some Muslim to unite with them by using they faith on thier religion.

So there are different beliefs within Islam, some advocate violence and some don't.

That's all this matter reduces to.

But if someone argues against the Koran in this fashion in a country with Sharia law, then they are imprisoned and tortured or worse.

Therefore you see that one type of interpretation of Koran advocates violence (toward apostates), and so does another type of interpretation (violent jihad).  You must accept then, that Islam advocates violence, although it may ALSO advocate peace.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 10:36:54 AM

I think theres the problem there. We tend to lift one religion iver the other and we can just accept the simple fact that peace is not about religion nor race. Its simply about respect and understanding. The way christians react to what unesco declared tells us that we can't accept islam as a better religion. Same way that we vision islam as the main religion of terrorism. I think in the big picture, its nit about islam, nor christianity nor any other religion. Its about how we look after each other as fellow humans.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: