Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:43:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-02-11] World’s First Dedicated Bitcoin Bank Opens In Vienna  (Read 1100 times)
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 05:12:11 PM

Dude, I give up, you are right.  Is that better?

You're a coward as well as a fool. Can't handle answering awkward questions, huh?

Vires in numeris

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 05:29:57 PM

Dude, I give up, you are right.  Is that better?

You're a coward as well as a fool. Can't handle answering awkward questions, huh?
I am RESEARCHING this whole block size debate/question.  I downloaded the BU node to RESEARCH it.  What is your question?  If your question is "Do I endorse BU?"  The answer is no.  If your question is "Do I endorse Segwit?" the answer is no.  If you are asking "Why did you download BU?".  The answer is RESEARCH.  If you are asking "Do you like Carlton Bank's personal attacks on BurtW simply for researching an issue?" the answer is no.  If your question is "Do you like being called stupid, an idiot, a coward and a fool?"  my answer is no.  If your question is "By calling you stupid, an idiot, a coward and a fool am I convincing you that one solution is better than another?" the answer is no you are not.

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.  If one of these guesses is not the question you are asking me then what specific awkward question do you want me to answer?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 05:38:25 PM

Bitcoin Bank?

Oxymoron.

You're in a strange position to be calling out Bitcoin's antitheses.

How about this one, oxymoron: Bitcoin with user changeable consensus rules Smiley I wonder how long before a crypto-communist fork starts redistributing your money and inflating the money supply?

You're not a Bitcoin supporter, so don't stand up up for people who can stand up for themselves just fine without you, Burt

Where the hell did this Burt dude come from?

Maybe I've been avoiding the LaBrae Tarpits of the common forums here too much - I have no idea who this guy is, but first impressions aren't favorable.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 05:47:41 PM

If you are asking "Why did you download BU?".  The answer is RESEARCH.  

No, you downloaded it because you think anything they agree on is great. Don't try to come up with ulterior motives now, it is too late.

What has your research shown you?

I downloaded and started running BU this morning.

Anything that both jbreher and franky1 can agree to must be a great idea.

Still have not found how I can set my block size limit, it is a command line parameter or do I have to rebuild?

If your intent was to download for research then that would have been what you did instead of downloading it and instantly saying it must be great.

Real researchers head into a new project with an open and clear mind, they don't go in with a biased opinion and start stating stuff that they don't know anything about.
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 05:56:59 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2017, 06:14:42 PM by BurtW

If you are asking "Why did you download BU?".  The answer is RESEARCH.  

No, you downloaded it because you think anything they agree on is great. Don't try to come up with ulterior motives now, it is too late.

Still have not found how I can set my block size limit, it is a command line parameter or do I have to rebuild?

If your intent was to download for research then that would have been what you did instead of downloading it and instantly saying it must be great.
So all this rage and emotion directed toward me is because of a one sentence off hand joke I made on this forum?   I am sorry I offended you with that one sentence.  I take it back.  I will go and delete it if that will make you feel better. I guess you cannot take a joke.  The intended joke was that those two agree on something, anything. Obviously you have a history with those two that I am unaware of.  Sure, I know you are on opposite sides of a debate but no, I don't read everything you, Carlton Banks, franky1 or jbreher have written.  Just chill.  I am not on your side and I am not on their side.  Go argue between yourselves some more and leave me out of it.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 06:11:00 PM

Bitcoin Bank?

Oxymoron.

You're in a strange position to be calling out Bitcoin's antitheses.

How about this one, oxymoron: Bitcoin with user changeable consensus rules Smiley I wonder how long before a crypto-communist fork starts redistributing your money and inflating the money supply?

You're not a Bitcoin supporter, so don't stand up up for people who can stand up for themselves just fine without you, Burt

Where the hell did this Burt dude come from?

Maybe I've been avoiding the LaBrae Tarpits of the common forums here too much - I have no idea who this guy is, but first impressions aren't favorable.
I would love to debate the whole Bitcoin "banking" issues which is what this thread was originally all about.  I do have a strong opinion on that issue.  Unfortunately, this thread has deteriorated into a bashing attack on me for a stupid joke I made in another thread on an unrelated subject I do not have any opinion about yet - I am just starting to research it in order to form an opinion.  I will dig up a response to this thread when I get a chance.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 06:14:20 PM

If you are asking "Why did you download BU?".  The answer is RESEARCH. 

So all this rage and emotion directed toward me is because of a one sentence off hand joke I made on this forum?   I am sorry I offended you with that one sentence.  I take it back.  I will go and delete it if that will make you feel better. I guess you cannot take a joke.  The intended joke was that those two agree on something, anything. Obviously you have a history with those two that I am unaware of.  Sure, I know you are on opposite sides of a debate but no, I don't read everything you, franky1 or jbreher have written.  Just chill.  I am not on your side and I am not on their side.  Go argue between yourselves some more and leave me out of it.

I don't know you or them nor do I really care. I'm just simply pointing out the fact that you are contradicting yourself and it doesn't look good. So now were at it being a joke when it is supposed to be for research.
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 06:17:15 PM

So all this rage and emotion directed toward me is because of a one sentence off hand joke I made on this forum?   I am sorry I offended you with that one sentence.  I take it back.  I will go and delete it if that will make you feel better. I guess you cannot take a joke.  The intended joke was that those two agree on something, anything. Obviously you have a history with those two that I am unaware of.  Sure, I know you are on opposite sides of a debate but no, I don't read everything you, franky1 or jbreher have written.  Just chill.  I am not on your side and I am not on their side.  Go argue between yourselves some more and leave me out of it.

I don't know you or them nor do I really care. I'm just simply pointing out the fact that you are contradicting yourself and it doesn't look good. So now were at it being a joke when it is supposed to be for research.

Again, the JOKE is that franky1 and jbreher found something to agree on.  My RESEARCH, in order to form an informed option on the subject, is on BU, Segwit, and the block size debate in general.  Get it now?

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 06:51:01 PM

Again, the JOKE is that franky1 and jbreher found something to agree on.  My RESEARCH, in order to form an informed option on the subject, is on BU, Segwit, and the block size debate in general.  Get it now?

I get it perfectly, comprehension is one of my strong suits.

What you don't get is your post is not structured as a joke and you simply stated that it must be great if they agree on it. That is not how a joke is structured. This, however, is: Blah and Blah finally agree on something, the worlds going to end! Not, "they agree so it must be great'

You did not make an informed opinion, you said it must be great.
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 07:49:10 PM

I get it perfectly, comprehension is one of my strong suits.

What you don't get is your post is not structured as a joke and you simply stated that it must be great if they agree on it. That is not how a joke is structured. This, however, is: Blah and Blah finally agree on something, the worlds going to end! Not, "they agree so it must be great'

You did not make an informed opinion, you said it must be great.
Evidently the feedback is that the post did not say what I meant it so say so I deleted the damn thing.  For the love of all that is Bitcoin can we move on?

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 08:20:25 PM

Hopefully we can get back on topic for this thread.  Here is what I posted in another "Bitcoin Banking" thread:

If you deposit your hard earned Bitcoins into a Bank you have lent your Bitcoins to a third party.

You have just accepted an IOU from the bank which states you "have" that many Bitcoins on account at the bank.

You can now write checks on that amount which other people can accept as payment.  Is a Bitcoin check in the amount of 1.2345 BTC to someone actually Bitcoins?  The answer is no it is not. It is a promise to pay the bearer Bitcoins.  You have just recreated the use and acceptance of debt as money.

Not only that you have just lent your Bitcoins to an entity (bank) whose entire purpose is to lend out your Bitcoins to someone else and make a profit.  Their entire purpose is to recreate the fractional reserve banking system.  Their entire purpose is to gamble with the Bitcoins you just lent them.  They have no choice.  It is their business model.

The second people start lending their Bitcoins to banks they have recreated the fractional reserve banking system.

The answer from anyone who really understands Bitcoins, loves Bitcoins, what they represent, why they exist, should not simply be "no I will not lend my Bitcoins to a bank in order to reproduce the fractional reserve banking system".  It should be:

There is no fucking way I will lend my Bitcoins to the fucking banking system so they can use my Bitcoins to recreate their fucking house of cards Ponzi scheme fractional reserve banking system.

Having said all that, it is inevitable that Bitcoin substitutes (bitcoin IOUs) will eventually be used for and accepted as payment and that the banking system will recreate a fractional reserve banking system using Bitcoins.  This is because most people do not understand the first thing about money, what it is, where it comes from and what purpose it serves - and most people are sheep being lead to the slaughter.

The difference with Bitcoin is that you can choose not to participate in their scheme to screw you out of your hard earned money.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 08:43:21 PM

Hopefully we can get back on topic for this thread.  Here is what I posted in another "Bitcoin Banking" thread:

If you deposit your hard earned Bitcoins into a Bank you have lent your Bitcoins to a third party.

You have just accepted an IOU from the bank which states you "have" that many Bitcoins on account at the bank.

You can now write checks on that amount which other people can accept as payment.  Is a Bitcoin check in the amount of 1.2345 BTC to someone actually Bitcoins?  The answer is no it is not. It is a promise to pay the bearer Bitcoins.  You have just recreated the use and acceptance of debt as money.

Not only that you have just lent your Bitcoins to an entity (bank) whose entire purpose is to lend out your Bitcoins to someone else and make a profit.  Their entire purpose is to recreate the fractional reserve banking system.  Their entire purpose is to gamble with the Bitcoins you just lent them.  They have no choice.  It is their business model.

The second people start lending their Bitcoins to banks they have recreated the fractional reserve banking system.

The answer from anyone who really understands Bitcoins, loves Bitcoins, what they represent, why they exist, should not simply be "no I will not lend my Bitcoins to a bank in order to reproduce the fractional reserve banking system".  It should be:

There is no fucking way I will lend my Bitcoins to the fucking banking system so they can use my Bitcoins to recreate their fucking house of cards Ponzi scheme fractional reserve banking system.

Having said all that, it is inevitable that Bitcoin substitutes (bitcoin IOUs) will eventually be used for and accepted as payment and that the banking system will recreate a fractional reserve banking system using Bitcoins.  This is because most people do not understand the first thing about money, what it is, where it comes from and what purpose it serves - and most people are sheep being lead to the slaughter.

The difference with Bitcoin is that you can choose not to participate in their scheme to screw you out of your hard earned money.

I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, just trying to help. I actually read that post when you made it and I can completely agree with it.

Trying to model BTC after the banks will just create the same exact problem we have now, it will just be more secure for the banks as you wouldn't be able to just walk into one and demand BTC.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: