Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:56:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: i have free elictricity and want to even earn 5$ a week  (Read 1099 times)
pop323 (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:56:06 PM

Hello guys can I use my nvidea card and a 4Gb ram and a 2gb processor to make even 5$ a week? I have free elictricity.. So can any one please tell me how to start from a to z i am new here and i only have a btc wallet with 0$ and a laptop
So i will be so happy if u tell me how to use the software and how to mine alt coin and how much money can i make
Thank you so much in advance.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
felixbrucker

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 09:08:55 PM

Hello guys can I use my nvidea card and a 4Gb ram and a 2gb processor to make even 5$ a week? I have free elictricity.. So can any one please tell me how to start from a to z i am new here and i only have a btc wallet with 0$ and a laptop
So i will be so happy if u tell me how to use the software and how to mine alt coin and how much money can i make

the best thing you could initially do is note your gpu model and search the nicehash calculator page for it, if its not available search the net for hashrate figures for major algorithms like eth, equihash, lbry, and maybe decred and input them in whattomine

this will give you a rough estimate of what you can expect

after that you will have to search forums and read, read a lot
deadpoolx

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 10:11:37 PM

Such conditions are favorable for mining, but it will be difficult to get good gains just by using a laptop. I would recommend you to accumulate capital to invest in building a mining rig, to mine altcoins. Even with free electricity, Bitcoin mining may not be very profitable due to the cost of the equipment and the increase in the mining difficulty, but some people consider it a safer investment, since altcoins are quite unstable in the market.
thesavoyard

Merit: 253

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 12:27:28 AM

If you have windows, search "this pc." When it shows up, right click it and select properties. You'll see your ram, CPU and windows version. On the left, you should see a link called "device manager." Click that, go to display adapters and click the + to see the menu. That will tell you what GPU you have. That's the most important for mining. Remember you have an M version so it will be less powerful than the PC version. You can search and get an idea of what you can mine. A lot of people mine for speculation; hopes their coins will go up in value.

You can post your GPU here if you need more help. You can just download Nicehash and use your CPU and GPU to earn bitcoin by mining altcoins.

mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 04:04:56 AM

Just wonder, what kind of 2GB processor do you have Mr. A to the Z.

This is my signature...
pop323 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 07:52:09 AM

If you have windows, search "this pc." When it shows up, right click it and select properties. You'll see your ram, CPU and windows version. On the left, you should see a link called "device manager." Click that, go to display adapters and click the + to see the menu. That will tell you what GPU you have. That's the most important for mining. Remember you have an M version so it will be less powerful than the PC version. You can search and get an idea of what you can mine. A lot of people mine for speculation; hopes their coins will go up in value.

You can post your GPU here if you need more help. You can just download Nicehash and use your CPU and GPU to earn bitcoin by mining altcoins.

I will post my gpu thanks so much

Just wonder, what kind of 2GB processor do you have Mr. A to the Z.
I will post it when i get back home

the best thing you could initially do is note your gpu model and search the nicehash calculator page for it, if its not available search the net for hashrate figures for major algorithms like eth, equihash, lbry, and maybe decred and input them in whattomine

this will give you a rough estimate of what you can expect

after that you will have to search forums and read, read a lot
What forums and where to read? I will post my gpu model
thesavoyard

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 12:07:08 PM

These are the best forums for info like that, this is the center of the cryptomarket.

pop323 (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 08:32:36 PM

Laptop: My proccessor is intel core 3 Ghz or 4ghz not sure and i have 4 Gb Raam and the regular graphic card of hp laptops nvidia maybe
And a pc with same intel
And nvidia geforce 9400 gt
And 640 hdd
So .. Can i mine to get even 5-10$ a week with even bitcoin not altcoin?
Or should I sell these and buy better pc ?
thesavoyard

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 08:40:30 PM

Laptop: My proccessor is intel core 3 Ghz or 4ghz not sure and i have 4 Gb Raam and the regular graphic card of hp laptops nvidia maybe
And a pc with same intel
And 640 hdd

I couldn't tell you how much that would earn a week. There is a program that is made for users like you: https://www.nicehash.com/?p=nhmintro

It will use your GPU AND CPU to mine. It's easy to install, it has an executable. It has a benchmark feature that tests your cpu and gpu, will give you an estimate on how much you can make. You only need to copy and past your wallet address for bitcoin in the start page.

Some virus programs like bitdefender will say it's a virus because it tries to contact an outside server, it isn't. It's by far the most popular miner for hobby miners. I had to exclude a folder and extract the program to that folder to keep bitdefender from deleting it.

JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 08:50:02 PM

GTX980+GTX960SSC mining skein+Intel i7-920 mining xevan == ~$5.25-$6/week.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
felixbrucker

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 08:57:36 PM

And a pc with same intel
And 640 hdd

- the cpu model is not very specific, it will likely earn about < 0.00005 BTC per day if its a core2 and a bit more if newer (core-i3/5/7)
- laptop cpu likely less
- 9400gt will likely earn < 0.00001 BTC per day, if it even runs (its very old)
- laptop gpu might be a intel onboard as well, again not very specific, likely <0.00001 BTC per day if its onboard/weak/old

sum it all up and you end up with about 0.00008 BTC per day at best (which is about 0.08$), so your weekly profit is about 0.56$ at best with that old hardware

if you really want to get involved with mining you should not just go out and buy stuff and expect it to magically work oob. knowing your equipment and what it is capable of (even by just trying it) is the first step, and you will have to do it yourself.
pop323 (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 07:54:32 AM

And a pc with same intel
And 640 hdd

- the cpu model is not very specific, it will likely earn about < 0.00005 BTC per day if its a core2 and a bit more if newer (core-i3/5/7)
- laptop cpu likely less
- 9400gt will likely earn < 0.00001 BTC per day, if it even runs (its very old)
- laptop gpu might be a intel onboard as well, again not very specific, likely <0.00001 BTC per day if its onboard/weak/old

sum it all up and you end up with about 0.00008 BTC per day at best (which is about 0.08$), so your weekly profit is about 0.56$ at best with that old hardware

if you really want to get involved with mining you should not just go out and buy stuff and expect it to magically work oob. knowing your equipment and what it is capable of (even by just trying it) is the first step, and you will have to do it yourself.
This is exactly what i wanted to know thanks so much
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: