Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:05:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I sold at $57, fml.  (Read 8033 times)
b!z (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:47:48 PM

I like this thread.  ---Even though I have some suspicion that the OP is just trollin'...

Hopefully I will never be this stupid again in my life.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
awakening

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 02:15:30 PM

I like this thread.  ---Even though I have some suspicion that the OP is just trollin'...

Hopefully I will never be this stupid again in my life.

The same here:

At least didn't rebuy at 266$  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Xiaoma

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 02:55:34 PM

Since I accidentally sold @ 75 the coins I got @ 105 I'm not going to buy again unless it comes down to 70 or less.
I already feel bad enough for that bloody sell order I forgot overnight, would be hurting my pride further to buy higher than I sold.

Now, if Bitcoin is on a steady way up I'm just out for a bit. Joining the bear club for a while.
alexh

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 02:59:33 PM

I don't even.
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:14:58 PM

so what your telling me is that you were buying btc at 2 bucks and buying all the way up and watched the 266 break and saw it fall and fall and fall and fall and it bounced a few times in there and watched it do its thing and then sold at the lowest posible low?...well within ten bucks but realy about as low as you could go. so you have been in bitcoin a while and this was your game plan ....

WELL YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO CALL THE TOP
AND YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO CALL THE BOTTOM
BUT IM CALLING BULL SHIT ON THIS THREAD!!!!

threw in a little satashi dice to mix things up too just to show how inept you are.

you guys took it hook line and sinker.

if it is true....then wow you have learned NOTHING about bitcoins and why are you not a maximmum hero member if you were into btc when they were two?
shkiser

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:25:48 PM

This is the first time Ive seen the Proudhon music video lol. Who put that together? Thats genius!

edit: maybe i should try to recover my losses with satoshi dice?
you are posting in this subforum, so, i assume you also read the postings here.
summary: always buy, almost never sell, in doubt: hold hold hold.
(unless you are awkward, then we'll make a youtube video for you -> http://youtu.be/A7TuFy0fcuw
ad SD: the odds are always against you. that's a no-brainer. if you still play, only play once with the max you would spend.

Free Litecoin Faucet ---> http://ltc4you.com/?r=6840
b!z (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 03:58:49 AM

so what your telling me is that you were buying btc at 2 bucks and buying all the way up and watched the 266 break and saw it fall and fall and fall and fall and it bounced a few times in there and watched it do its thing and then sold at the lowest posible low?...well within ten bucks but realy about as low as you could go. so you have been in bitcoin a while and this was your game plan ....

WELL YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO CALL THE TOP
AND YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO CALL THE BOTTOM
BUT IM CALLING BULL SHIT ON THIS THREAD!!!!

threw in a little satashi dice to mix things up too just to show how inept you are.

you guys took it hook line and sinker.

if it is true....then wow you have learned NOTHING about bitcoins and why are you not a maximmum hero member if you were into btc when they were two?

What the fuck is a 'maximum hero member'?
Just because I was around back then doesn't mean I was actively posting on Bitcoin Talk.
b!z (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:30:08 AM

DAMMNNNNN

I put in some sell orders to sell the coins I bought at $90 for 100, 105, 110

All the coins got bought up, and price went to 130

Stupid me bought in again, and now price is $118. FUCK
xorglub

Activity: 204

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:34:20 AM

b!z,
Take your remaining coins out of the exchange. NOW. Put them into a paper wallet. Then bury this paper wallet somewhere, and forget about the whole bitcoin thing.
Then come back in 6 months.
dbanga85

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:34:47 AM

DAMMNNNNN

I put in some sell orders to sell the coins I bought at $90 for 100, 105, 110

All the coins got bought up, and price went to 130

Stupid me bought in again, and now price is $118. FUCK

bro.... I'm going to be real honest with you... You are a pure FUCK UP   Undecided Undecided

Buy Low Sell HIGH is the Motto...
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:35:01 PM

b!z,
Take your remaining coins out of the exchange. NOW. Put them into a paper wallet. Then bury this paper wallet somewhere, and forget about the whole bitcoin thing.

lol... if there is a bust, that's the perfect finisher. After the last bubble did such a "recovery", an 80% decline over a few months followed.

Face it, you can't speculate without speculating. It's nonsensical. A speculator should either use a statistical-systematic approach (in which "OMG FML" is no reasonable outcome) or figure out how to value a coin and act accordingly. If the number is absurdly high or low, think again, chances are the model used is wrong.

If the estimate jumps between <57 and >130 within a few days, wrong becomes seriously wrong. Sticking your head in the sand with a paper wallet permabull stance does not solve that.
xorglub

Activity: 204

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:47:16 PM

b!z,

lol... if there is a bust, that's the perfect finisher. After the last bubble did such a "recovery", an 80% decline over a few months followed.

Face it, you can't speculate without speculating. It's nonsensical. Figure out how to value a coin and act accordingly. If the number is absurdly high or low, think again, chances are the model used is wrong.

If the estimate jumps between 57 and 130 within a few days, wrong becomes seriously wrong. Sticking your head with in the sand with a paper wallet permabull stance does not solve that.
My tip would also apply in 2011. Just imagine if you had bought coins at $5-$10, and resisted panic selling seeing your investment lose 80% of its value. You'd be golden today.

If you want to speculate sure go ahead, you might come on top, but leave your emotions at bay or you will most likely end up like the OP. If you know you can't think rationally when under pressure, and trading is immense pressure, at least prevent yourself from doing stupid things.

Anyway, I lost my shirt in 2011 doing exactly what the OP did. Just sharing some experience I learnt the hard way.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:13:27 PM

I don't see why people are so hostile to the OP.  After all, for any speculative bubble to be profitable to someone, someone else has to be fool enough to buy high and sell low.  As they say in poker, don't tap the aquarium, it scares the fish.
b!z (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:36:09 AM

I don't see why people are so hostile to the OP.  After all, for any speculative bubble to be profitable to someone, someone else has to be fool enough to buy high and sell low.  As they say in poker, don't tap the aquarium, it scares the fish.

I'm going to take all my coins out of gox and put them into a paper wallet. Maybe dice whatever btc I have left.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:16:25 AM

You just keep doing that!  Bless your heart!

But if you're not going to have any BTC any more perhaps you should stop offering to buy stuff for BTC in multiple lines of your sig.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:20:18 AM

I'm going to take all my coins out of gox and put them into a paper wallet. Maybe dice whatever btc I have left.

I'm in the process of moving everything offline again. 

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
SpontaneousDisorder

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:41:01 AM

This. A lot of people will be holding on to losses as this thing goes down. Holding and hoping!
b!z (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:41:21 AM

You just keep doing that!  Bless your heart!

But if you're not going to have any BTC any more perhaps you should stop offering to buy stuff for BTC in multiple lines of your sig.

I still have a good amount of BTC, and it's not in Mt Gox. Don't worry Smiley
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:46:55 AM

Care to reveal your average entry point in 1-4/2013?

Mine is about $75.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
b!z (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 10:52:00 AM

Care to reveal your average entry point in 1-4/2013?

Mine is about $75.

He doesn't have any coins  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: