Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:29:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We Have A Bitcoin City! Soon We Will Have Bitcoin Country!  (Read 4489 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 01:11:41 PM

This is huge. Perhaps I will one day retire in this city!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 01:12:17 PM

It's a refreshing news for all of us and I think Bitcoin's expansion depends on its usage and acceptance and as we've managed to get a whole city to accept it I bet the future of a Bitcoin country is near and China should be ware before the Netherlands clinches the title from them.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 01:33:40 PM

This is great. A city is a good start, then a whole province and then a country. It just shows that if there is a real intention to make bitcoin accepted in a city, it will happen. Kudos to the three who started that. If it can be done there, it can also be done in our own city. We should be inspired by them and copy what they have done.
Bibite

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 01:38:19 PM

In my country we have a Bitcoin Boulevard, but the size is far to be a boulevard lol
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 01:51:05 PM

Arnhem world's most Bitcoin friendly  city located in Netherlands, you can buy everything with bitcoin in it.

Arnhem Bitcoinstad" ('Bitcoin City') as they call it, came into existence when three Bitcoin enthusiasts decided they wanted to be able to spend bitcoins in their own town. They went on a mission to convince local bars and restaurant owners to accept bitcoin payments. At the opening at May 28th 2014, 15 places accepted bitcoins. Since then, more and more shop owners joined them so you can buy a greater diversity of products and pay with Bitcoin in Arnhem.

What we will have next, Bitcoin Country?
What other Bitcoin friendly places you would recommend?
Wow that's a good news to all of the bitcoin user at Netherlands,
Hope that it will also happen in our country here in the Philippines,
So we could go out with just a phone and pay for all the things that we want through internet.
bettercrypto

Activity: 1316
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 02:20:00 PM

I envy this kind of City.  I wish this kind of system can be found in my city where Bitcoin is being used daily and that there are several company  that support and accept Bitcoin.  My country is in neutral stance on Bitcoin and I hope my country will be Bitcoin friendly soon.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 02:22:42 PM

Arnhem world's most Bitcoin friendly  city located in Netherlands, you can buy everything with bitcoin in it.

Arnhem Bitcoinstad" ('Bitcoin City') as they call it, came into existence when three Bitcoin enthusiasts decided they wanted to be able to spend bitcoins in their own town. They went on a mission to convince local bars and restaurant owners to accept bitcoin payments. At the opening at May 28th 2014, 15 places accepted bitcoins. Since then, more and more shop owners joined them so you can buy a greater diversity of products and pay with Bitcoin in Arnhem.

I wonder how well that is going considering the current transaction fee,  i like using bitcoin but i seriously dont want to be paying a premium over fiat to do so.   Undecided
Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 02:38:30 PM

I would say this is the nice city that is bitcoin friendly so far. Its really good to see how this city loves bitcoin. Hope i can see more city like this in the future. This is the coolest place to be. Its a paradise for all bitcoin enthusiast around the world. This is really rare to see because majority of nations(especially China) are treating bitcoin as threat.
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 02:42:54 PM

Wow!what a great news indeed.Feeling cool wish over the world could be friendly with bitcoin like as others fiat currency.Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency with a payment system so their have right managed and can buy everything with bitcoin in it.Because bitcoin could help these countries wean themselves off the dollar and this kind of system necessary.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 02:47:10 PM

this sounds great, and i wish people in my country/city were showing more acceptance towards bitcoin so that we could have it here too.
the only other place that i know of (which i think we can call it bitcoin country) is Switzerland that they have lots of bitcoin ATMs and also the best thing is that you can buy bitcoin from every machine in every train station the same way you buy a ticket!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 02:51:34 PM

At first I thought it's a small town with population under 20,000, so it wasn't a big deal to convince almost every place there to accept Bitcoin. But then I googled it. Wow! Arnhem's population is over 150,000 and it is one of the largest cities of the Netherlands. Good job, guys! That's a great example for all of us to follow.

Yes. I think so. If they've turned the town into a BTC city, its not impossible after all to turn more and more town to accept bitcoin for their daily spending. Its going to be a challenge but still worth the try because it will help BTC in the end and also to the crypto.

There is a remittance service in our country that accepts btc to pay our utility bills but I think they are going to cash out btc into cash and pay our bills, this is nothing compare to the actual sending BTC to a btc address to pay. Maybe someday we can do this in our country.

savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 02:53:41 PM

Oh thats a great news to hear that every shop of Arnhem in netherlands accept bitcoin. I am hearing it for the first time. At present bitcoin is not that popular but its getting popular day by day. I am from India. In my country also bitcoin is getting popular day by day and nowadays everybody started to buy bitcoins .But not many shops started accepting bitcoins. I hope may be in few years from now, all shops will also start accepting bitcoins.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 03:03:13 PM

I just know about it, look like a dream land of bitcoiners to spend Bitcoin at will and free from fiat money (if you want to).
It won't be easy to convince all of those business owners to accept bitcoin if they don't know how it works unless the system of exchange rate already covered by them (who started this idea).
Nice articles man, thanks for share. I will read all of it and looking for more articles, this island really matter for bitcoin development.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 03:41:01 PM

I checked the map in their site and the list. I was impressed because there is really several number of stores - food, clothes, hotels, services shops and more. I also find their payment processor great (Bitkassa) which offers its payment service for free (as of now, but there might be changes in the near future). I don't know any Bitcoin place yet here in our City that's why I don't have a recommendation. Thanks for sharing this one.
CryptoVzla

Activity: 560
Merit: 290

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 04:24:25 PM

And the local government just accepeted? there are no regulations? i did not see any regulations on the articles. Anyone knows?

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 05:13:30 PM

Great news. The Dutch really are welcoming of new developments. It would be nice if at least one city in my country would go this way. Our central bank has already released a statement saying they accept bitcoins as a legal way of money transfer. I suppose it would be hard for an entire country to be completely bitcoin-friendly but just having bitcoin supported in the larger metropolises would be a good change.
boybugs18

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 06:18:09 PM

Its good to know that theres a city existing at the moment and obviously bitcoin adapters are mostly in the first world country but hoping in the next years to come we can see many establishments even in 3rd world countries would adapt bitcoin seriously so that bitcoin will strive until we can see its full potential on our economy.

MASKNETWORK.
    Decentralized social trading network that rewards users  |   JOIN ICO
    Assets | Binary Options | Leveraged Markets - Trade and get paid !!!
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 01:50:01 AM

That is good there is city on Holland, where the people know about bitcoin and make transaction daily via bitcoin also visitors can shops use bitcoin,
I think in the future it will be adopted by other cities on every countries, although that will needs long time until has bitcoin country or at least digital coins country.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 01:54:38 AM

Wow! And it is just the beginning. If they continue to promote bitcoin, they can make it legal in the whole country. Great work guys!
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 02:05:49 AM

Imagine a decentralized country Cheesy Cheesy sadly though infrastructures are expensive to maintain especially in EU, but lets imagine in a city you could spend cryptocurrencies or just bitcoin, but those who are selling or providing services are paying with fiat to buy themselves in bulk.
Imo what bitcoin truly needs to have a significant effect on millions of people is a man who can provide some exclusive and unique service or item only in exchange for bitcoin that way many people will have to engage with crypto even if not by first choice.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: