Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:16:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird experience with cex.io  (Read 1144 times)
rsarkar (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 04:36:04 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2017, 03:49:04 AM by rsarkar

I created an account on cex.io parent company ghash.io,in order to buy some btc using debit card during the days when the difference between international price and Indian price was 18%.Yesterday to my surprise I found the debit card transactions have been reversed to a sum of $2000.

Now I'm wondering what went wrong between my bank and cex.io or it was a deliberate action from the company since they might have run into some regulatory problem.Im waiting for a response from them.One such reversed transaction is:
http://imgur.com/KKbL3xG

PS: The reversed amount is a very small part of many transactions I have done with them and if all the transactions are reversed it may add upto $20000.

https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/rslsrkr/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 06:45:00 AM

Wait for the clarification mail what you hear from them.

Also now you have btc which you have purchased from them and also the money is credited to your account. So actually its a bonus for you  Wink
rsarkar (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 03:50:35 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2017, 09:32:43 AM by rsarkar

Wait for the clarification mail what you hear from them.

Also now you have btc which you have purchased from them and also the money is credited to your account. So actually its a bonus for you  Wink

It won't be a problem unless the whole history of transaction have been reversed.
Just got another 12k.
I think a company's lossing $20k to a single person will be a huge loss.

cracxme

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:24:28 AM

Same happened with me, I purchased during Nov-Dec'16 from cex.io and transaction got revered on 4th-5th Feb'17
Total of around 85k got reversed till now  Grin
bitcoinisbest

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:42:29 AM

Same happened with me, I purchased during Nov-Dec'16 from cex.io and transaction got revered on 4th-5th Feb'17

Wow so you all are having a bonus time. Also how did you made payment to that site, via Credit/Debit card? And do you intend to pay back if they mail you that reversed transaction need to be paid again?
cracxme

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 07:16:27 AM

Wow so you all are having a bonus time. Also how did you made payment to that site, via Credit/Debit card? And do you intend to pay back if they mail you that reversed transaction need to be paid again?

I paid via Debit card.
They have all my KYC details, i will pay back if get any notice from them. So far didn't got any email from cex or my bank.. Hoping some party time but need to wait few more days for any clarification.
rsarkar (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 09:34:56 AM

So it's not only me.Nice to see other guys are also with me.
I also used debit card.
85k is substantial amount to raise an alarm bell for the company but as he mentioned there's no such notice from them yet.

cracxme

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 11:04:12 AM

UPDATE: All transaction today got debited from my bank account and revered to cex again  Grin Grin
I withdraw those balances earlier to different bank account but now Current balance showing in minus.  Shocked
Going to redeposit again.
I think it was a technical fault with bank. (ICICI bank in mycase)
zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 08:00:45 PM

UPDATE: All transaction today got debited from my bank account and revered to cex again  Grin Grin
I withdraw those balances earlier to different bank account but now Current balance showing in minus.  Shocked
Going to redeposit again.
I think it was a technical fault with bank. (ICICI bank in mycase)
Strange that it happened the day you posted here.Guess the forum is visited by some ICICI officials too  Grin
Honesty is the best policy if something like this happen to you again or anyone,better contact your bank and explain the situation to them.

cracxme

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 04:32:45 AM

It was like a burden on my head, now I'm relax  Grin
Happy to see transaction got reversed to original account.
bitcoinisbest

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 10:42:53 AM

Finally they took the amount which they had credited. Did you got any mail as a reply why this happened?

Also awaiting to hear from @ rsarkar who also had got credited the amount, if its being debited back from his account or not yet?
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 03:10:42 PM

How can you tell that the amount revered back to is to only cex.io and not anyone else, as you have mentioned before this post of your amount got reversed back to your account and within few days it gets back revered it. It may be that what account you are using have noticed this reversal and they would also have reversed to their account.

Did you informed the cex.io about this amount reversal from their account and did you got any email or notification about the transaction amount got reversed from their account and they are going to revert it back to their account. What you are telling is not able to digest the truth.
cracxme

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 03:44:52 PM

How can you tell that the amount revered back to is to only cex.io and not anyone else, as you have mentioned before this post of your amount got reversed back to your account and within few days it gets back revered it. It may be that what account you are using have noticed this reversal and they would also have reversed to their account.

Did you informed the cex.io about this amount reversal from their account and did you got any email or notification about the transaction amount got reversed from their account and they are going to revert it back to their account. What you are telling is not able to digest the truth.

Hi dear,
Don't know what's wrong with you, so let me clear few points here:
1. I transaction during Nov-Dec'16 on cex.io
2. Got reversal sms on 4th-5th Feb from my bank so i checked my transaction history by logging into net banking account , date of txn and txn ids were clearly mentioned in transaction details which i did 2 months ago.
3. After few days again got some reversal sms, so checked my txn history again, this time funds were reverse (debited) which i got credited 2 days ago as again txn details were mentioned with amount debited.

3.So, it's clear that it was bank fault that they credited some money and again debited those after 2 days (txn ids and date were same in both the cases so it's clear that money got reversed to original account)
cracxme

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 03:47:50 PM

Finally they took the amount which they had credited. Did you got any mail as a reply why this happened?

Also awaiting to hear from @ rsarkar who also had got credited the amount, if its being debited back from his account or not yet?
No replies from bank neither from cex.io team, i think there was some technical fault with bank, it happened sometimes because few months ago i noticed a txn for credit of money worth INR 75000 and it was debited next day.
Marma Kalari

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

kittiefight.io Combat MMO Lending Jackpots

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 03:33:04 PM

Really looks like a weird transactions ,how come you got the amount credited from cex and what i really do not understand is how come they debited again without your authorization  Huh .You must clear this up with the bank on how they can debit the funds again without your authorization,since you used a debit card transaction and not a credit card.
Apart from that what is the transaction charges to purchase from cex using our debit card.

▄ ▄▀▀▄  ▄
             ███████
   █████   ▄█▀▀█████▀▀█▄
 ███████████▄██████▄██
██████████████ ▄
██▄█████▄██▀█▀▀█▀██▄█
█▄██▀▄▄███▄█▀▀█▄▀█▀▄█▀▀█▄
 █████▄▀▀▄▀███████▀▄▀
   ▀██████▀▄▀▀▄███▄▀▀▄▀█
       ███▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██
        ▀▀▄████████████▄▀
           ▀▀▄███████▄▀
              ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
KittieFIGHT

Discord | Reddit | Linkedin
██████████████████████
█████████████▀▀▀██████
███ ▀███████     ▀▄███
███   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄████
████▄             ████
█████             ████
██████▄          █████
██████▀        ███████
██▀▀        ▄▄████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀▀██████
██████████▀     ██████
██████████   █████████
████████▀▀   ▀▀███████
████████       ███████
██████████   █████████
██████████   █████████
██████████   █████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀███
██████████▀▀▀      ███
████▀▀▀       ▄    ███
█▄         ▄█▀    ████
████▄▄   ▄█▀      ████
███████▄█▀       █████
█████████  ▄     █████
█████████ ███▄  ██████
██████████████████████
taked

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:05:32 PM

Very weird though cex.io is trusted by many of us here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: